Faith no more, Mr Bungle and Tool are rubbish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ARSECLOWN
These three virtually unknown bands play typical derivative music most of which can be traced back to the Beatles.

- AC

Victor Von Doom
True, true.

jaden101
arseclown...teehee

§P0oONY
Cool.... Tool took most of it's musical influence from bands like Pink Floyd though... hmm

Victor Von Doom
a) It's a 'joke' thread.

b) That's arguable.

Phat J
arse is a much funnier word than ass

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
a) It's a 'joke' thread.

b) That's arguable. I realise it was a joke thread (If that was directed at me). And everything is arguable...

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well this certainly isn't either Bardock having a laugh or Bakerboy/Whirlysplat having a period.

King Crimson, research.

-AC
Bands like Pink Floyd.... King Crimson were/are a band like Pink Floyd...

Alpha Centauri

Victor Von Doom

Phat J
Is too.

§P0oONY
I again suggest research, or an ear transplant, since the ones you have don't work, apparantly.

-AC
You're cute... petpet

Pink Floyd and King Crimson are similar.... I'm not saying they're similar to the degree that you could get them confused with eachother. They both have a dark edge, elements of jazz and shit. They are similar.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
No it isn't.

Whatever you say.. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
So by that rationale Candiria are also similar to King Crimson, as are The Dillinger Escape Plan.

No, you're wrong. They're nothing alike to someone who has actually listened to both bands extensively. You just don't have the aural comprehension, I say that aided by your delicate referencing of "Jazz and shit".

-AC

You're talking to someone who owns both band's entire discography. I think you're really missing the point. In my opinion both bands have things that have influenced Tool, in the context of the thread; they're similar. I'm just confused as to why you're always desperately seeking tension and argument.

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
I have no problem being challenged... I'm not being oversensitive... I'm actually in quite a good mood. stick out tongue

The reason I mentioned Pink Floyd is because I had just finished listening to The Trial. It's not like it was an overly thought out post. It was just a simply, quick reply to a thread that was obviously just something made to enrage your very self.

Your opinion is fine but I just listen to music more lightheartedly. I enjoy both immensely, the reason's they're similar to me is because I enjoy listening to both of them when I'm in a certain mood. I always have them mixed on my play-lists.

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
I'm enraged because I happened to reply to you? Is that some self-serving excuse to make you feel better?

I replied because I disagreed. There was no rage. I don't understand why people on messageboards to that.

Similar music to you and being factually similar bands are two different ballparks.

-AC

I don't believe I said you were enraged... That was just the threads goal I assume.

I don't doubt that you replied because you disagreed. That's not really got much to do with my reply.

And I never really said that the bands were factually similar. They just both have elements that make them similar to me.

Victor Von Doom
Well really, it's not for a band to decide their influences. It's a natural process.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Imagine if the world shifted and Bardock, Whirly, ARSECLOWN, Whob, and Marius were actually all personas created by a single man who was 38 years old, and worked in a call centre for mobile phones. Imagine...

Alpha Centauri
So, Whirly then.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.