Smallville - The Movie....help wanted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

daveytod
Hi all,

My (screen)name is daveytod, and I am particularly interested in editing and DVD creation. I have completed several projects that are available on the net (please visit originaltrilogyDOTcom for details).

My current project is something that has stewed in my mind for quite some time. Editing each season (or major story arc) of Smallville into a coherent movie.

Now whilst Smallville is easily on of my favourite TV shows, I'm not what you'd call an uber-fan (more of a Star Wars geek m'self), which is why I'm asking for help.

I need people who know the show inside and out to help me script these movies. I have access to everything I need, DVDs, software, etc, and am currently in the process of going through season one episode by episode to see what I can use. But ideally I'd like to get some other people on board with this to offer fresh insight and ideas.

So if anyone on these boards has any ideas or opinions on this, then please, this is the place for them.

thanks for listening

daveytod

Kal875
Sounds cool, but how would you like to do it? What do you want for a story line? How do you want it to go?

daveytod
Originally posted by Kal875
Sounds cool, but how would you like to do it? What do you want for a story line? How do you want it to go?

Hi,

Okay, for the first season, obviously I need to include most of the first episode, and I'd also like to keep in the whole scarecrow storyline due to its iconic imagery. This means I also have to keep the villan of the episode, but wether I keep this in the order shown, or jig it about so the confrontation hapens towards the end of the film is up for debate.

I'd also like to keep in the storyline with the guy from the inquisitor.

Liek I said, I haven't got all the way through season one yet (I'm about halfway), but what I'm essentially looking for are recurring storylines, and 'major' plots i.e. Clark discovering new powers, anything to do with the ship, etc

Death Maker
Oh and how are you going to cast Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk & the others in this movie of yours?

daveytod
obviously you didnt read my post. I plan on making an movie by editing scenes from various episodes of the first season together

derrick666
Sounds good, I would like to see your movie when you finish it... please.

daveytod
that may be a while yet, but sure.

derrick666
Doesn't matter, I can wait for it to come to completion.

daveytod
well, feel free to chime in with ideas

hermione7
hmm ok.. no lois yet..

daveytod
well, it is only season one I'm working on at present, so that shouldnt be a problem

Dan-El
So it's kind of like the Phantom Edit then?

daveytod
well, not really. I don't plan on chainging anything, or altering the storyline. This projects more about refining and condensing all 21 eps of season 1 into one 2 hour or so movie

pr1983
Originally posted by daveytod
Hi all,

My (screen)name is daveytod, and I am particularly interested in editing and DVD creation. I have completed several projects that are available on the net (please visit originaltrilogyDOTcom for details).

My current project is something that has stewed in my mind for quite some time. Editing each season (or major story arc) of Smallville into a coherent movie.

Now whilst Smallville is easily on of my favourite TV shows, I'm not what you'd call an uber-fan (more of a Star Wars geek m'self), which is why I'm asking for help.

I need people who know the show inside and out to help me script these movies. I have access to everything I need, DVDs, software, etc, and am currently in the process of going through season one episode by episode to see what I can use. But ideally I'd like to get some other people on board with this to offer fresh insight and ideas.

So if anyone on these boards has any ideas or opinions on this, then please, this is the place for them.

thanks for listening

daveytod

slightly off topic, but could you let me know what software you use? i've always wanted to be able to do the kinds of things your talking about...

Kal875
oh, I see, so you just want to make Season 1 into an hour movie?

daveytod
pr1983 - I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard, a fantastic program. it's helped me create several projects...'Star Wars - The Sith Revealed', 'Star Wars Episode III - The Video Game - The Movie' (not the catchiest of titles), 'Star Wars Battlefront - Journal of the 501st' and '24 - The Missing Day'.

Google em for more info.

Kal875 - Thats exactly the plan, please feel free to chime in with ideas

Kal875
I know what I'm about to say might not help you out much but just put in all the important stuff without anything involving the ship of meteor freaks......or is that all of season 1?lol

daveytod
thats pretty much the plan, I really don't want too many 'villain of the week- characters in there

pr1983
Originally posted by daveytod
pr1983 - I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard, a fantastic program. it's helped me create several projects...'Star Wars - The Sith Revealed', 'Star Wars Episode III - The Video Game - The Movie' (not the catchiest of titles), 'Star Wars Battlefront - Journal of the 501st' and '24 - The Missing Day'.

Google em for more info.

Kal875 - Thats exactly the plan, please feel free to chime in with ideas

thx thumb up

Dan-El
I think maybe allowing room for a few of them would be a decent idea. I mean, if you're going to do one movie for each season, then I think a good idea would be to include the leech, the freak hunter, and freak twins because all 3 come back to get Clark later on.

Stephanie20
i'll help if you add in my oc character, Janie Hill and put her with Lex Luthor

Mr Parker
all good questions.

Ultraman Baltan
These villains NEED to be in it.

Lex
Lional(sp?)
Scarecrow
Metallic
That Sandman knock-off
Teleporting girl

rogy3131
yeah id help out for sure, I just watched season 1, as im doing something similar , yet not nearly as grand scheme. ill stew for a bit, and think of some ideas

Arachnid1
Sounds cool!

RedK
So how is the movie coming along? any previews ready yet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.