Silver Surfer vs Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
Silver Surfer Knowing what he is getting into with 30 min prep, earth has not prep vs...

Black Bolt
Prof X
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
Hulk
Namor
Dr. Doom
Ultron
Ms. Marvel
Wonder Man
Magneto

StarsNeverFall7
Sadly out of all of them, the one standing the best chance is Prof X, granted SS's immense power, his mind is still essentially human so it could be invaded. The others really dont stand much up to him otherwise. IMO

Innerhype
embarrasment

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Innerhype
Couldn't Strange whip up some Surfer stoppin' spell in that amount of prep time?

Read it again. Surfer has the prep, not the Earthlings.

Surfer would win against any one of them one-on-one.

Fanboy
Silver Surfer gets his ass handed to him.

Grimm22
Doom is on the team?

Oh well its over before it started

Doom pretty much has an Anti-Surfer button in his armor

batdude123
The f*ck?

Surfer gets stomped.

30 minutes of prep isn't going to save him against that team.

Strange could solo him.

thedude1948
Everyone minus Blackbolt and Dr. Strange gets taken out in .0000001 seconds. Blackbolt gets taken out a couple of seconds later, and that leaves Dr Strange who Surfer shoots with Hitler's Pistol that he got during his prep time.

fsufan89
ss takes em all

Grimm22
Originally posted by thedude1948
Everyone minus Blackbolt and Dr. Strange gets taken out in .0000001 seconds.

Ahem no expression

Doom?

Seriously, Doom has owned Surfer more times than I can count

Omega-level
With prep, Earth would win, because of Doom and Strange. Without prep, and if SS has, Silver Surfer 9/10.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Grimm22
Ahem no expression

Doom?

I heard Spider-Man has beaten Firelord before too.

Space M ummy
I heard Spider-Man has beaten Firelord before too.

yes, but that was a PIS situation. Doom's taken on surfer, galactus, beyonder, and mephisto in entirely plausible situations.

That being said, Doom and Strange ALWAYS have prep. Those two have perpetual force shields up and/or security measures around their home locations in case of invasion. IIRC Strange in particular has an early warning device that will give him notice well in advance of a life threatening situation. Strange's mansion (where I'd assume he'd be) is also an impenetrable maze of transdimensional corridors and magical barriers. Surfer isn't getting in there.

Strange can also stop, reverse, and travel through time at will, and quite frankly outclasses norrin in nearly every category.

Earth stops him.

Mindship
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Silver Surfer Knowing what he is getting into with 30 min prep, earth has not prep vs...

Black Bolt
Prof X
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
Hulk
Namor
Dr. Doom
Ultron
Ms. Marvel
Wonder Man
Magneto

Through cosmic awareness, Surfer locates every member of the team. Then, through the cosmic-bolt equivalent of a MIRV, he takes them all out with a single shot.

At the very least, he takes out those who can locate him and strike from afar.

AFAIK, their only chance is if Strange has some kind of warning sense. Even then, would he be able to implement a spell quick and powerful enough to stop SS.

Surfer 8/10

Grimm22
Silver Surfer's biggest weakness = Magic no expression

And there are two of the most powerful sorcerers in comics against him...

Mindship
Yes. But Surfer has preparation and surprise: two Huge advantages.

If this was an equal-prep fight...Surfer 4/10 at best

kgkg
Originally posted by Mindship
Yes. But Surfer has preparation and surprise: two Huge advantages.

If this was an equal-prep fight...Surfer 4/10 at best equal prep fight SS whould get owned bad.

even with Prep i don't see him beating this group

ExtraMision5555
Surfer probably loses this fight
are they fighting together? then he definately loses

Primarily because of strange

and then blackbolt
and doom

surfer loses, probably

python99
"Arummes-Magnificus-Shuramuth" Silver Surfer just got destroyed at DR. Strange

bigbran
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Sadly out of all of them, the one standing the best chance is Prof X, granted SS's immense power, his mind is still essentially human so it could be invaded. The others really dont stand much up to him otherwise. IMO Ya right. In even a mind battle, X would get whooped.
Do you know who Surfer is to call him a mortal?
He thinks in superspeed, he has to comprehend going at warp speed, and yet his mind is vunerable?

Surfer gets beat, but X does shit.

Grimm22
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya right. In even a mind battle, X would get whooped.
Do you know who Surfer is to call him a mortal?
He thinks in superspeed, he has to comprehend going at warp speed, and yet his mind is vunerable?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/19.jpg

shifty stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555

i was going to say that actually
thankyou for pointing that out

bigbran
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
i was going to say that actually
thankyou for pointing that out Just defending the good fight for Surfer.

Priest
team 6/10

outavodka
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/19.jpg

shifty stick out tongue lol

Roldz
thats funny..

On topic SS beats the team w/ 30 min... prep.. SS makes a few avatar of himself, all of em cept the real 1 scatters as far as Mars they starts blitzing right before the go while the real 1 blitz Strange.. Farfetch but can be done..

Wally West
In the 30 minutes prep he blows up the Earth or causes the Sun to go nova. Surfer wins.

Xplosive
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Sadly out of all of them, the one standing the best chance is Prof X, granted SS's immense power, his mind is still essentially human so it could be invaded. The others really dont stand much up to him otherwise. IMO

Dr. Strange is far beyond Silver Surfer.
He has beaten such as Shuma Gorath, Silver Surfer has no chance against Dr. Strange.
Dr. Strange would win alone pretty easily against Silver Surfer.

Everyone minus Blackbolt and Dr. Strange gets taken out in .0000001 seconds. Blackbolt gets taken out a couple of seconds later, and that leaves Dr Strange who Surfer shoots with Hitler's Pistol that he got during his prep time.

Do you know who has Dr. Strange fought, do you know who he is. Apparently not. Silver Surfer has nothing on him.

Originally posted by kgkg
even with Prep i don't see him beating this group

Dr. Strange is too powerful for Norrin.

Tshern
Ahem no expression

Doom?

Seriously, if Silver Surfer was actually going all out, Doctor Doom would be unable to react. He'd be utterly speedblitzed.

Lord S
Unless the Surfer comes in speeblitzing and on a totally murderous rampage, (ie. mad Thor), he's going down...probably 7/10 for the terrans.

A lot of people are talking about Dr. Strange, but don't forget Blackbolt...one scream is probably enough to at least stun the Surfer, while everyone else thinks of what to do next.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Lord S
Unless the Surfer comes in speeblitzing and on a totally murderous rampage, (ie. mad Thor), he's going down...probably 7/10 for the terrans.

A lot of people are talking about Dr. Strange, but don't forget Blackbolt...one scream is probably enough to at least stun the Surfer, while everyone else thinks of what to do next.

re: Blackbolt- Surfer flies through suns and supernovas. BB's scream isn't going to do much to stop him assuming he comes in looking for the kill.

That being said, Strange owns him horribly.

LordFear
yeah Strange would singlehandly take out SS. The dude is acknowledged by LT, what the hell else you want?
Hulk would hold his own for awhile, Magneto would be badly messed up and if he continued would die, Doom's armor would suffer great loss but he would have a back up plan. The rest are instantly dead

Roldz
Originally posted by Xplosive
Dr. Strange is far beyond Silver Surfer.
He has beaten such as Shuma Gorath, Silver Surfer has no chance against Dr. Strange.
Dr. Strange would win alone pretty easily against Silver Surfer.

Do you know who has Dr. Strange fought, do you know who he is. Apparently not. Silver Surfer has nothing on him.

Dr. Strange is too powerful for Norrin.
Agreed Strange would probably have what it'll take to bring SS given time but w/ 30 min prep, there are so many things SS powers could do.. Ie.. A blackhole in the horizon, Use of Avatar/clone thing, Time manipulation or the old blitzing game.. After all Strange is only human; human reflexes, speed, durability.. Remember blitz at SofL is faster than incantations... Just my 2 cents..

Originally posted by LordFear
yeah Strange would singlehandly take out SS. The dude is acknowledged by LT, what the hell else you want?
Hulk would hold his own for awhile, Magneto would be badly messed up and if he continued would die, Doom's armor would suffer great loss but he would have a back up plan. The rest are instantly dead
So is SS.. In fact SS has done some dirty jobs on LT's account..

LordFear
but with his premonition abilities, Strange would be advised of Norrin's impending attack and devise a countermeasure while assembling the others. Doom can combine with Strange to strengthen and augment his powers while the others just act as sacrificial lambs. Magneto could create a barrier around the Earth as a momentary shield. Stark could certainly help him in that department.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Roldz
Agreed Strange would probably have what it'll take to bring SS given time but w/ 30 min prep, there are so many things SS powers could do.. Ie.. A blackhole in the horizon, Use of Avatar/clone thing, Time manipulation or the old blitzing game.. After all Strange is only human; human reflexes, speed, durability.. Remember blitz at SofL is faster than incantations... Just my 2 cents..

So is SS.. In fact SS has done some dirty jobs that LT wouldnt do..

Strange is most certainly NOT "just human."

Strange can exceed light speeds using the winds/wand of watoomb. He also has auto-shields that protect him from attack. He's taken surprise hits from juggernaut and lived through it.

Strange can also attack and cast spells in astral form (essentially invulnerable), leaving his body shielded by the bands of cytorrak (which took a supernova, leaving his body unscathed.)

Strange can also manipulate/stop time at will, and his mansion is impregnable to outside assault.

Surfer is OWNED. Badly.

Roldz
but with his premonition abilities, Strange would be advised of Norrin's impending attack and devise a countermeasure while assembling the others. Doom can combine with Strange to strengthen and augment his powers while the others just act as sacrificial lambs. Magneto could create a barrier around the Earth as a momentary shield. Stark could certainly help him in that department.
He wouldnt have time to use those abilities.. A speedblitz is all he needs to take out at least Strange the others he can take care of later.. Heres another scenario; SS makes a copy of himself 1 goes to fight the others and the other manipulates time and take them out before they become who they were..

LordFear

So is SS.. In fact SS has done some dirty jobs on LT's account..

Yeah but did SS ever pass tests devised by LT?
Strange did and he even freed himself from a cosmic restraint that LT placed upon him.

Roldz
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Strange is most certainly NOT "just human."

Strange can exceed light speeds using the winds/wand of watoomb. He also has auto-shields that protect him from attack. He's taken surprise hits from juggernaut and lived through it.

Strange can also attack and cast spells in astral form (essentially invulnerable), leaving his body shielded by the bands of cytorrak (which took a supernova, leaving his body unscathed.)

Strange can also manipulate/stop time at will, and his mansion is impregnable to outside assault.

Surfer is OWNED. Badly.
ahh, he is human.. going astral form wouldnt be an advantage for him as his body is defenseless.. Anyhow im only counting for the blitz, if non fall on a few blitz then hes screwed.. but i think he can take out the big guns in those blitz..

Accel
He wouldnt have time to use those abilities.. A speedblitz is all he needs to take out at least Strange the others he can take care of later.. Heres another scenario; SS makes a copy of himself 1 goes to fight the others and the other manipulates time and take them out before they become who they were..
Strange has auto-shields similar to GLs. Speedblitzes won't do squat but knock him around.

Roldz
Yeah but did SS ever pass tests devised by LT?
Strange did and he even freed himself from a cosmic restraint that LT placed upon him.
Heres a thing of all people Lt could have ask to bring back the soul gems who was weilded by 1 being from another Omniverse why'd he have to ask SS not Strange/Warlock but SS.. Meaning His proven himself in the eye or few from LT..

Soljer
The Surfer speedblitzes everyone.

Then, Doc Strange's astral form kills the Surfer and turns back time.

Earth, 10/10.

Roldz
Originally posted by Accel
Strange has auto-shields similar to GLs. Speedblitzes won't do squat but knock him around.
Thats the first time i heared of it.. If you look at the Char.. thats totally out of his characteristic since his powers is based on spell casting.. Unlike a Gl.. programable ring, Strange does not have any programble spells.. that would be funny dough..

Roldz
Originally posted by Soljer
The Surfer speedblitzes everyone.

Then, Doc Strange's astral form kills the Surfer and turns back time.

Earth, 10/10.
Take out the body astral form dessipates...

Side note SS once broke Cytorakks bonds when Strange use it to calm him down..

Again Blitz faster than incantation..

Howard_Jones
It would take Strange or Doom to beat him.

Suprised Beta Ray isn't on this list. He's on earth right now.

kgkg
it will be cool if SS just steals the power of the Hulk like what he did when he broke Galactus's barrier.

With hulks power hmmmmmm

LordFear
Heres a thing of all people Lt could have ask to bring back the soul gems who was weilded by 1 being from another Omniverse why'd he have to ask SS not Strange/Warlock but SS.. Meaning His proven himself in the eye or few from LT..

I always attributed that fact to the notion that SS is among the fastest living beings in the cosmos and his speed wouuld have been of a great use for this task. I didn't see it as him being superior to Strange. ALso because SS's soul is pure, he would not have any problems retrieving it

Accel
Thats the first time i heared of it.. If you look at the Char.. thats totally out of his characteristic since his powers is based on spell casting.. Unlike a Gl.. programable ring, Strange does not have any programble spells.. that would be funny dough..
If the guy only had human durability, he'd have died a long time ago. Having something to give him superhuman durability so he can face all the monsters he takes down is perfectly within his character.

batdude123
Earth takes this 10/10.

Mindship
Didn't Dr. Strange once acknowledge that, of the two of them, the Surfer was more powerful?

Soljer
Didn't Dr. Strange once acknowledge that, of the two of them, the Surfer was more powerful?

And the Beyonder said the Hulk is an infinity of power. eek!

On panel feats is ranked first to speculation and/or opinions stated by characters.

Accel

On panel feats is ranked first to speculation and/or opinions stated by characters.
It's not really an opinion or speculation if the guy actually analyzes Hulk when he says it.

Soljer
It's not really an opinion or speculation if the guy actually analyzes Hulk when he says it.

Doesn't mean that you can throw that scan down in ANY Hulk thread and say "The Hulk wins - no matter who he's fighting - their power is limited. Hulk's is infinite."

It doesn't quite work that way. PIS? Bad writing? Misinterpretations?

Accel
No, you can use it so prove his strength is limitless. People just need to know that alone isn't enough to win every battle.

Mindship
I would think that Dr. Strange, working in close proximity with the Surfer (I believe they were both Defenders at the time), would know the Surfer, know what he's capable of, either through experience or by mystical analysis. It seems logical that Strange, at the least, would mentally prepare what he'd do to take SS down, if it ever came to that.

But this is almost irrelevant. Surfer has prep; this implies an element of surprise. These give SS a significant edge.

bigbran
No, you can use it so prove his strength is limitless. People just need to know that alone isn't enough to win every battle. Wasn't Beyonder ret-conned to be an illusion, so if we take the ret-con into consideration, then Beyonder was just lying about everything.
Thus, that never happened. Anything with the Beyonder in that series wouldn't be able to be used, but everything else would be (with other characters).

Roldz
I always attributed that fact to the notion that SS is among the fastest living beings in the cosmos and his speed wouuld have been of a great use for this task. I didn't see it as him being superior to Strange. ALso because SS's soul is pure, he would not have any problems retrieving it
Speed tops in most fights, specially if one wields incredible strength.. This is why Chars like the Flash, Runner, Superman and SS nearly unstopable on any forum fights, Blitzing ownzz..
Im referring to the Rune and SS crossover and when im talkin about the soul gems, i meant Infinity gems..
If the guy only had human durability, he'd have died a long time ago. Having something to give him superhuman durability so he can face all the monsters he takes down is perfectly within his character.
If you can prove that Strange augmented himself via mystical ways (scanzz) then i agree with you but as far as i know his normal human durability cept when casting protective spells.. He gets blits by the likes of SS/Runner/Flash/Supes quite easy w/out prep, therefore his the 1 of the 1st to fall in this match up..

On panel feat he gets blitz by SS and falls..
I would think that Dr. Strange, working in close proximity with the Surfer (I believe they were both Defenders at the time), would know the Surfer, know what he's capable of, either through experience or by mystical analysis. It seems logical that Strange, at the least, would mentally prepare what he'd do to take SS down, if it ever came to that.

But this is almost irrelevant. Surfer has prep; this implies an element of surprise. These give SS a significant edge.
Agreed..

Xplosive
Dr. Strange was even shown sometimes to be on level of abstracts.
I think he is written too powerful.
About his human reflexes and speed and durability, I don't think so, I mean he has fought on highest level, so I think his refelxes are also top notch and everything else.
He also has shield around all the time.

newyorkcares
I see the fight going something like this :"Hey Galactus, remember earth?....

Accel
Wasn't Beyonder ret-conned to be an illusion, so if we take the ret-con into consideration, then Beyonder was just lying about everything.
Thus, that never happened. Anything with the Beyonder in that series wouldn't be able to be used, but everything else would be (with other characters).
Don't see where you came to that conclusion, as he actually analyzed him before he said any thing.
If you can prove that Strange augmented himself via mystical ways (scanzz) then i agree with you but as far as i know his normal human durability cept when casting protective spells.. He gets blits by the likes of SS/Runner/Flash/Supes quite easy w/out prep, therefore his the 1 of the 1st to fall in this match up..
I never said he augmented himself. I said he has auto-shields, meaning whenever something attacks him, these skin-tight shields save him. This way, he doesn't have to worry about putting up spells before being attacked.

Roldz
Don't see where you came to that conclusion, as he actually analyzed him before he said any thing.

I never said he augmented himself. I said he has auto-shields, meaning whenever something attacks him, these skin-tight shields save him. This way, he doesn't have to worry about putting up spells before being attacked.

Im pretty sure Strange would know whats his talkin about specially since theyve known each other for a very long time but that doesnt mean SS win the fight all the time if this 2 faces of in comics.. But one thing for sure Strange couldnt handle Franken SS and it took SS to stop him...

W/ prep he can probably cast a spell to shield himself but nothing like programable auto shield.. If he took injuries from an assault by Ghost Rider, SS 100+ tonner going at above say mach 10, im pretty sure Strange would get killed by a blitz like that..

Mindship
Consider the damage Batman can do. With prep, he's taken down foes far more powerful than he is (not all PIS). While SS ain't no Batman, he doesn't need to be: the vast array of powers at his disposal more than compensate.

Think of it this way. Suppose the shoe were on the other foot: Surfer's hangin' with the Earth Team, while Dr. Strange's the one planning a first-strike attack. What chance would the Team have then?

Another thing: let's suppose Strange does legitimately possess abstract level limits to his powers. How often does he go there? AFAIK, not very. His average power level is much further down, much closer to human.

Surfer, on the other hand, even on average, operates on a much higher power level, even if his limit does not (?) exceed Strange's. Overall, Surfer is the mightier of the two, except in those instances were Strange has the time to prepare and reach for those levels beyond the Surfer's power.

He doesn't get that opportunity here.

MightyEInherjar
I have a question on how the auto-shields work...

How do the shields detect an attack? Wouldn't they also negate his sense of touch, since everything that touched him was automatically stopped by the shields? How does the shield differenciate (sp) between a harmless touch and a bullet? It obviously didn't stop Hitler's pistol...

On that note, it's said the reason that penetrated was because of the "Dark Energy" stored in the gun. Couldn't Surfer replicate that energy with the PC like he does every other type of energy?

Roldz
SS with prep theres just so much he could do..
And in regards to auto shielding, i think that was a spell casted prior to the battle and in this scenario he wouldnt have that opportunity to do it...
SS takes this fight..

Accel
W/ prep he can probably cast a spell to shield himself but nothing like programable auto shield.. If he took injuries from an assault by Ghost Rider, SS 100+ tonner going at above say mach 10, im pretty sure Strange would get killed by a blitz like that..
Surfer doesn't have the power of the Penance Stare that Ghost Rider has.
SS with prep theres just so much he could do..
And in regards to auto shielding, i think that was a spell casted prior to the battle and in this scenario he wouldnt have that opportunity to do it...
SS takes this fight..
Auto-shields don't need spells to be casted. That's why they're so convenient.

Roldz
Surfer doesn't have the power of the Penance Stare that Ghost Rider has.

Auto-shields don't need spells to be casted. That's why they're so convenient.
Im referring to the attacks GR manage to land to Strange and we all know GR is way below 100 tonner strength..
Do you have scans about this autoshield? This the first time ive heard about it and Strange has been knock unconscious before with a normal good ol punch..

Accel
Im referring to the attacks GR manage to land to Strange and we all know GR is way below 100 tonner strength..

Currently, Strange is supposed to be getting depowered, which could provide an explanation for that. IIRC, he's taken attacks from GR just fine in their past encounters.
Do you have scans about this autoshield? This the first time ive heard about it and Strange has been knock unconscious before with a normal good ol punch..
Just check his respect thread. I'm sure you'll find something in there.

Roldz
Currently, Strange is supposed to be getting depowered, which could provide an explanation for that. IIRC, he's taken attacks from GR just fine in their past encounters.

Just check his respect thread. I'm sure you'll find something in there.
In the past he went down from punches by his manservant and his lady..lol (cant beleived i forgut there names) So where was the auto shield at the time... I still say its a spell casted prior to fighting thats why his quite durable..
Im quite familiar with his feat.. and have check the Respect thread a lot of times... As he is 1 of my fav. chars..

RisingStorm
Doom will be owned by a bloodlusted Surfer. Hell, strange could beat him and wipe the entire galaxy with his silver face.

Mindship
Consider the damage Batman can do. With prep, he's taken down foes far more powerful than he is (not all PIS). While SS ain't no Batman, he doesn't need to be: the vast array of powers at his disposal more than compensate.

Think of it this way. Suppose the shoe were on the other foot: Surfer's hangin' with the Earth Team, while Dr. Strange's the one planning a first-strike attack. What chance would the Team have then?

Another thing: let's suppose Strange does legitimately possess abstract level limits to his powers. How often does he go there? AFAIK, not very. His average power level is much further down, much closer to human.

Surfer, on the other hand, even on average, operates on a much higher power level, even if his limit does not (?) exceed Strange's. Overall, Surfer is the mightier of the two, except in those instances were Strange has the time to prepare and reach for those levels beyond the Surfer's power.

He doesn't get that opportunity here.
Because it's worth repeating. stick out tongue

Also, because they are inconsistently applied, "autoshields" seem to border on PIS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.