Respect Mr Scaramanga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rampant ox
With the arrival and hype of the new Bond movie I fear some of us Bond fans are losing sight of the classics. My favourite by far being "The Man With the Golden Gun". The movie is made so much better by having the best ever baddie.

Francisco Scaramanga is by far the best Bond villan in my opinion. He is rich, smart, charasmatic, arrogant and can equal (if not better) Bonds skill with a gun. In the movie Mr Scaramanga could have killed Bond three different times (that I can think of) and yet Bond some how got the better of him. I would peronally say that Scaramanga's skill and control over the pistol goes above and beyond anything Bond has shown us. Did you see the way he shot the top of the champagne when Bond arrived on the beach. Truly spectacular.

Also, Scaramanga is one of the very few people Bond is actually jealous of. He is filthy rich - he has his own island, servant, power station, flying car etc. He has a beautiful girl and really has everything he could ever want.

Bond: You live well, Scaramanga
Francisco: At a million dollars a contract I can afford to, Mr Bond. You work for peanuts, a hearty well done from her Majesty the Queen and a pittance of a pension. Apart from that we are the same. To us, Mr Bond, we are the best

He also says some great one-liners. My favourite of which being "I love a girl in a bikini - no concealed weapons".

When the great Christopher Lee took up the role he says that he wanted to play the 'dark side of Bond'. I personally think he did this wonderfully and in the process created a Bond villan that will be remembered for years to come. You can close this thread if it is inappropriate, for this is just the ramblings of a die hard Scaramanga fan. stick out tongue

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3506/mggpic131ia8.jpg

Darth Martin
Truly a great villain. I'm torn between Mr. Scaramanga, Auric Goldfinger, and Dr. No.

Count Makashi
One of the best villains of all time.

Kazenji
He also has a latent homosexual side in the book of "The Man With The Golden Gun" for those who have'nt read the book.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Kazenji
He also has a latent homosexual side in the book of "The Man With The Golden Gun" for those who have'nt read the book.

You deserve a time out.

Kazenji
What just because i spoiled the book ?

Count Makashi
You know why.

sithsaber408
Cuz Dooku's a homo?

stick out tongue

Count Makashi
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Cuz Dooku's a homo?

stick out tongue

mad mad 2guns2guns

Kazenji
Originally posted by Count Makashi
You know why.

Hey i did'nt write the book, ian fleming did go take it up with his corpse.

Fianchettoer
Scaramanga is also my favorite Bond villain.

Count Makashi
Yes, another fan.

Mr Parker
yeah he is one of the greatest Bond villains by far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.