Hulk vs Thing vs Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheBigZ
they dont have other powers than their strenght

supervenom
Obviously Hulk, he is the epitome of strength. If it was durability, its Juggernaut.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by supervenom
Obviously Hulk, he is the epitome of strength. If it was durability, its Juggernaut.

every hulk v. juggernaut matchup has ended in pretty much a stalemate. unless hulk is unnaturally angry (like vs. onslaught) it would probably end in a tie again.

supervenom
Originally posted by Space M ummy
every hulk v. juggernaut matchup has ended in pretty much a stalemate. unless hulk is unnaturally angry (like vs. onslaught) it would probably end in a tie again.

Juggs slugs him a few times, gets angry, hits Juggs, and Juggs gets owned, thats how I see it. Now Im not saying Juggs is weak by any means, but his main factor is his defense. If Hulk has Unlimited Strength, then I believe it goes to Hulk.

If Juggernaut gets angry, his strength wont go up exponentially like Hulk. Same as Thing.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by supervenom
Juggs slugs him a few times, gets angry, hits Juggs, and Juggs gets owned, thats how I see it. Now Im not saying Juggs is weak by any means, but his main factor is his defense. If Hulk has Unlimited Strength, then I believe it goes to Hulk.

If Juggernaut gets angry, his strength wont go up exponentially like Hulk. Same as Thing.

There's a flaw in your logic. you say "juggs hits him a few times then gets owned" ignoring juggernaut's defense but not ignoring hulk's.

Jugs is both insane strength AND defense. His strength is easily on par with Thor and hulk, who are both "limitless" by marvel's standards. Jugs doesn't need to be angry to raise his strength. It naturally has no real "cap" on it. Hulk vs. Juggernaut has happened a few times already. every time is a tie. do a search. there's a very, very very long thread on this.

Thing is a non issue. he's weaker than the other two by a good deal.

edit: wait, is this current or classic jugs? Current is fairly weak, but classic is USUALLY the one brought up when debating on the boards.

Soljer
Indeed, and I don't recall seeing Juggernaut hurt two often, outside of PISlaught, and the awful crossover that had Superman making him cry out in pain.

snoopdogg
Superman had Juggy crying out in pain? I thought he just knocked him down or some sh!t?

Soljer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Superman had Juggy crying out in pain? I thought he just knocked him down or some sh!t?

If I recall correctly, I believe so.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soljer
If I recall correctly, I believe so. I don't know if he was in pain or not but it was a "GHN!" from Juggy after the blow. So I don't know if that would be considered painfull or not.

guy222
Originally posted by TheBigZ
they dont have other powers than their strenght

Hulk

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed, and I don't recall seeing Juggernaut hurt two often, outside of PISlaught, and the awful crossover that had Superman making him cry out in pain.

You do realize that as powerful as he is, he still needs to be vulnerable to some extent or else the character loses his appeal?
I mean Juggy fans will consider anything that makes Juggy look bad as PIS. C'mon already the guy has weaknesses

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
Hulk

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/guy222_photos/thingih350j6vl.jpg

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I don't know if he was in pain or not but it was a "GHN!" from Juggy after the blow. So I don't know if that would be considered painfull or not.

Juggernaut is human after all, so it most likely was just a reaction/reflex.

Originally posted by LordFear
You do realize that as powerful as he is, he still needs to be vulnerable to some extent or else the character loses his appeal?
I mean Juggy fans will consider anything that makes Juggy look bad as PIS. C'mon already the guy has weaknesses

That's the point. Juggernaut can only really be defeated 3 ways. 1.) Obviously remove his helmet and attack him psychically. 2.) Use magic of sufficient strength (even then you are not guaranteed a victory). 3.) Remove him for the fight. Basically this is Thor's only option.

Hulk fans are far worse. Hulk as a character is far worse, along with Iceman. Hulk can know adapt to a vacuum and heal from practically anything. Getting pumped full of radiation shouldn't allow you to do that. I have a hard enough time believing his infinite anger. Now his body doesn't need oxygen or nourishment, even for a comic it is far fetched? I know Classic Juggernaut can do that, but his power is explained by magic. The character is going down hill from there for me.

Iceman can now survive as just a head. He is pretty much immortal.

Dinalfos
The origins of Hulk's power are still largely a mystery. I mean, look at what happened to Walter Langowski, who tried to experiment with gamma rays in a controlled manner.

The Hulk himself has shown some weird abilities that hint at something that goes beyond science. Breathing/surviving in space isn't that much of a stretch.

BUSTER1
iv got news for you ptr grifin-bein pumped full of radiation won't turn you into a hulk-it will kill you-this is a comic book character-the writers can give him any ability they like

Arachnid1
You said they only have their strength? Hulk, easily. If he gets mad enough that is.

jollyjim311
What does only having strength mean? They don't get their durability? If that's the case, Ben wins, because he is the best hand to hand fighter, and, one punch would kill either of the two.

In a normal match-up, Juggernaut wins (if it is classic).

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by BUSTER1
iv got news for you ptr grifin-bein pumped full of radiation won't turn you into a hulk-it will kill you-this is a comic book character-the writers can give him any ability they like

I have news for you, that wasn't the original concept of the character. They keep adding bogus things to Hulk so he is basically immortal now.

People wonder why others say comics are for kids. Hulk bracing a mountain, and now being able to survive underwater and in the vacuum of space are examples why. I can stretch my imagination for some of these things but not all of it.

The Hulk is based off of humans, with the exception of green skin and the ability to increase his strength with anger. It kind of makes sense that he would heal faster as well because of his anger increasing his body's functions. But growing gills and not needing air, which the brain really needs, is stretching it.

Badabing
Originally posted by guy222
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/guy222_photos/thingih350j6vl.jpg You're so lucky Xmeat is gone.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
I have news for you, that wasn't the original concept of the character. They keep adding bogus things to Hulk so he is basically immortal now.

People wonder why others say comics are for kids. Hulk bracing a mountain, and now being able to survive underwater and in the vacuum of space are examples why. I can stretch my imagination for some of these things but not all of it.

The Hulk is based off of humans, with the exception of green skin and the ability to increase his strength with anger. It kind of makes sense that he would heal faster as well because of his anger increasing his body's functions. But growing gills and not needing air, which the brain really needs, is stretching it.

Like you said he heals faster because of his anger increasing his body's functions.
So to the water and space he just kind of evolve's to be able to survive it.
And he doesn't grow gills it's something in his lungs .

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Brutacus
Like you said he heals faster because of his anger increasing his body's functions.
So to the water and space he just kind of evolve's to be able to survive it.
And he doesn't grow gills it's something in his lungs .

Healing is different from evolving, or mutating to fit your surroundings.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Healing is different from evolving, or mutating to fit your surroundings.

A human also heals, a human also evolved or atleast that's what people say.
So hulk healing how many time's faster than a human????
Meaning he could evolve also faster.
For example iff we put people on mars or pluto or any other planet, and let them stay there for like 10000 of years they would pretty much adapt to the planet (I know it's not possible, because of the enviroment, but let's just say it was) those people returning to earth would look difrent than other people on earth they maybe taller or shorter thanks to the gravity on the planet they been on.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Brutacus
A human also heals, a human also evolved or atleast that's what people say.
So hulk healing how many time's faster than a human????
Meaning he could evolve also faster.
For example iff we put people on mars or pluto or any other planet, and let them stay there for like 10000 of years they would pretty much adapt to the planet (I know it's not possible, because of the enviroment, but let's just say it was) those people returning to earth would look difrent than other people on earth they maybe taller or shorter thanks to the gravity on the planet they been on.

That is kind of flawed. Yeah he would evolve faster, but not fast enough to keep him from suffocating. Your talking millions of years for evolving, versus days and weeks for healing.

jollyjim311
Individual organisms don't evolve.

Brutacus
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Individual organisms don't evolve.

Wenn you had like don't know the right name for the virus, but guess it's water pok's, your body create's anti body's or something, so you won't be able to get it again.
So call it what you want, but it's kind of like a adapting,

Tyranno-Chris
does hulk get his healing factor? if so... well he doesnt really need it. He would pummel the thing into sand... and pretty much the same with juggernaut. minus the sand part. hulk has beaten the thing before.

deathbunnyman
Ptr Griffin has a point, but its a damn comic come on. i guess u dont read superman do u. well neither do i but i bet u dont. ur point also suggests that superman is a bad character, but people dont care coz its a comic.

Hulk doesnt just evolve in a physical sense, he has evolved all throughout his years, and has a great origin and storyline etc. And great side characters, whereas "juggs" is just some big guy whos "unstoppable". How can some guy who cant be beaten except for psychic and magic attacks be a good charachter. I dont think anyone will ever truly know who wins between these two, unless the big guy himself Stan Lee states it, which i cant recall ever happening.

After a century long slugout, constantly exchanging punches, juggernaut dies of old age. There. Settled. rolling on floor laughing

strengthkills
Originally posted by deathbunnyman
Ptr Griffin has a point, but its a damn comic come on. i guess u dont read superman do u. well neither do i but i bet u dont. ur point also suggests that superman is a bad character, but people dont care coz its a comic.

Hulk doesnt just evolve in a physical sense, he has evolved all throughout his years, and has a great origin and storyline etc. And great side characters, whereas "juggs" is just some big guy whos "unstoppable". How can some guy who cant be beaten except for psychic and magic attacks be a good charachter. I dont think anyone will ever truly know who wins between these two, unless the big guy himself Stan Lee states it, which i cant recall ever happening.

After a century long slugout, constantly exchanging punches, juggernaut dies of old age. There. Settled. rolling on floor laughing yeah all of supes powers are explainable except for flight when he was young he just started floatin wats up with that

deathbunnyman
Originally posted by strengthkills
yeah all of supes powers are explainable except for flight when he was young he just started floatin wats up with that

how do u explain his non strength related powers such as heat vision etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.