Thanos vs. these 3.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
.....Wonder Woman, Binary and Scarlet Witch.

Thoughts?

Forgive me if this is lopsided one way or the other, as I truly don't know the FULL capabilities of Binary and Scarlet Witch. I do know that they are immensely powerful though.

Thanks. smile

Soleran
Yes BobbyD your biotches lose, alot!

BobbyD
sad

Oh no!

I need a 4th herroine then I take it to even the odds?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by BobbyD
sad

Oh no!

I need a 4th herroine then I take it to even the odds?

Nah, HOM wanda and "white hole" binary have enough power between them to make things very difficult for Thanos. With prep, he takes it but without...eh..I'd give it to the team. Wanda Re-wrote the reality of the entire planet, and removed the powers of 90% of earths mutants with a word, remember?

Howard_Jones
Which Wanda?

BobbyD
No prep in this one for sure, as I know how deadly Thanos is given time to do homework.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Nah, HOM wanda and "white hole" binary have enough power between them to make things very difficult for Thanos. With prep, he takes it but without...eh..I'd give it to the team. Wanda Re-wrote the reality of the entire planet, and removed the powers of 90% of earths mutants with a word, remember?

Would Diana still be a factor then?

Soleran
Binary can only hold her power for a limited time, Thanos takes it due to durability.

leonidas
gladiator ko'd binary by walking through her blast. if this is regular wanda the 3 are crushed and quickly. they can't even really work together to get the lasso on him. if they could come up with something, the lasso would be their only hope . . .

Howard_Jones
Even then he's gonna have his shields up by the time they get to a lasso attempt. Thanos would honestly still be two steps ahead of them the entire battle.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by BobbyD
Would Diana still be a factor then?

Other than the lasso, nothing in diana's arsenal is sufficient to really damage thanos. He's at least as fast and strong as she is with some really incredible energy projection and matter manipulation powers.

Just a thought: could thanos teleport with the lasso on? or does it instantly rob someone of the ability to fight?

Omega-level
Thanos rapes the three of them at the same time, literally.

leonidas
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Even then he's gonna have his shields up by the time they get to a lasso attempt. Thanos would honestly still be two steps ahead of them the entire battle.

he lowers his shield to attack though (see thanos vs champion . . .) so if they could evade him and somehow . . . i don't know, work together . . .

i'm not saying it's likely, but wanda's specialty IS odds . . .

meh, they COULD win, but it wouldn't be very often and it would require something creative writing to have it not be pis. erm

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Other than the lasso, nothing in diana's arsenal is sufficient to really damage thanos. He's at least as fast and strong as she is with some really incredible energy projection and matter manipulation powers.
Thanos is at least as strong as Wonder Woman ? Maybe. But at least as fast ? Nooooooo.

Thanos is POWERFUL, but he ain't exactly a speedster. In the speed hierarchy, he is just above Jarvis.

manorastroman
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Thanos is at least as strong as Wonder Woman ? Maybe. But at least as fast ? Nooooooo.

Thanos is POWERFUL, but he ain't exactly a speedster. In the speed hierarchy, he is just above Jarvis.

what about the time fallen one was speedblitzing him, and he simply raised his hand when fallen one was about a foot away? that's pretty good reflexes.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by manorastroman
what about the time fallen one was speedblitzing him, and he simply raised his hand when fallen one was about a foot away? that's pretty good reflexes.
And how fast was he going ? 30 miles an hour ?

Besides, that's hardly a feat. And that wasn't a speedblitz, Fallen One was just flying towards Thanos.

Thanos vs Runner : now THAT was a speedblitz.

manorastroman
if i recall, the panel art indicated that fallen one was going FTL, what with the perspective bending. and that's how all speedblitzes start, by flying at somebody really, really fast.

if somebody is flying at jarvis FTL, and when they're suddenly a foot away he stops them cold by simply raising his hand, you wouldn't say "jarvis has amazingly fast reflexes"?

BobbyD
What 4th female could I have added to make this a draw/stalemate on most occasions?

Kid Kurdy
The "panel art indicated it..." ? Are you sure it wasn't just your imagination ?

No wrong. Spider-Man speedblitzes a lot, and he can't fly.

But I think we already had this discussion.

Soljer
Speed? Thanos is superhuman the same way the Hulk is. He can move fast cause he is strong as a mother ****er.

Reflexes? Thanos' got them in spades.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Soljer

So does Spidey. But, that doesn't mean he going to see Clark flying in at light speed and step aside from a jab. erm

Kid Kurdy
Speed? Thanos is superhuman the same way the Hulk is. He can move fast cause he is strong as a mother ****er.

Boy oh boy oh boy

Seriously, you guys should just read up on Thanos a bit more.

"he can move fast cause he is strong as a mother***er". No he can't. Period. End of discussion.

Reflexes ? His reflexes are probably better than mine, but that would be it. I have seen nothing from Thanos to make me think differently.

Soljer
Boy oh boy oh boy

Seriously, you guys should just read up on Thanos a bit more.

"he can move fast cause he is strong as a mother***er". No he can't. Period. End of discussion.

Reflexes ? His reflexes are probably better than mine, but that would be it. I have seen nothing from Thanos to make me think differently.

*scratches head*

Avoiding Speedblitzes from the Surfer, plastering the Fallen One on a shield an instant before he needs to, and putting up a shield to block a hammer throw from Thor - someone we know regularly throws the Hammer at light or faster than light speeds?

Slightly better than yours, hm?

Also, I meant that as far as sheer SPEED - travelling speed, he is only moderately superhumanly fast like the hulk is, powerful leg muscles and the like.

As far as reflexes go, though, he is beyond that ilk. As can be evidenced from his feats.

thedude1948
Thanos has lightspeed reaction. He doesnt need a fast travelling speed either because he can just teleport...

manorastroman

The "panel art indicated it..." ? Are you sure it wasn't just your imagination ?

No wrong. Spider-Man speedblitzes a lot, and he can't fly.

But I think we already had this discussion.

yes. if memory serves me correctly, there was perspective bending during the panel of fallen one flying. you know, bent light and all that. this has been used to indicate FTL since the star trek/wars days.

regardless of spiderman speedblitzing, flying at somebody FTL constitutes the start of a speedblitz. do you agree with that?

and if you are been flown at FTL, and then stop this object with a gesture mere feet from you, it implies you yourself have tremendously superhuman reflexes. do you agree with that?

Kid Kurdy
*scratches head*

Avoiding Speedblitzes from the Surfer, plastering the Fallen One on a shield an instant before he needs to, and putting up a shield to block a hammer throw from Thor - someone we know regularly throws the Hammer at light or faster than light speeds?

Slightly better than yours, hm?

Also, I meant that as far as sheer SPEED - travelling speed, he is only moderately superhumanly fast like the hulk is, powerful leg muscles and the like.

As far as reflexes go, though, he is beyond that ilk. As can be evidenced from his feats.
Well I guess you only read what you want to read, right ?

Fallen One : you can argue what you want, but there isn't the slightest indication how fast FO was going. You shout "light speed" because it makes Thanos look fast, but you are just guessing.

Thor : so now Thor threw his hammer at the speed of light at Thanos ? Evidence to back this up ? Thor just threw his hammer, again no indication of light speed or even the speed of sound.

Do you want me to make a list of people who simply dodged his hammer ? Captain America, Puma, Spider-Man...

Travelling speed : no he isn't that fast. Hulk is known for his speed, he has superhuman reflexes and incredibly powerful legs. That's why he can jump so high.

Thanos can't jump that high, neither can Juggernaut or Colossus ? Why ? Because their legs aren't as powerful. Same thing for running.

Soljer
Well I guess you only read what you want to read, right ?

Fallen One : you can argue what you want, but there isn't the slightest indication how fast FO was going. You shout "light speed" because it makes Thanos look fast, but you are just guessing.

Thor : so now Thor threw his hammer at the speed of light at Thanos ? Evidence to back this up ? Thor just threw his hammer, again no indication of light speed or even the speed of sound.

Do you want me to make a list of people who simply dodged his hammer ? Captain America, Puma, Spider-Man...

Travelling speed : no he isn't that fast. Hulk is known for his speed, he has superhuman reflexes and incredibly powerful legs. That's why he can jump so high.

Thanos can't jump that high, neither can Juggernaut or Colossus ? Why ? Because their legs aren't as powerful. Same thing for running.

Thanos is a HELL of a lot stronger than the Hulk.

Yet his legs aren't as powerful? confused

Fallen One: As the above mentioned, warping of light usually indicates faster than light.

You didn't address the Surfer feats, either, though I will give you the Thor one.

So, who says that WE are the ones that are only reading into the comic what we wish? You're just as guilty, you're making as many assumptions as we are - we just happen to have a bit of common sense to back up our assumptions.

Kid Kurdy
You know what the difference is ? You assume a lot, and I go by feats.

You say : Thanos is stronger. I say : probably, but not that much. Hulk has strength feats a gogo, Thanos has how many "amazing" strength feats ? One or two ?

Seriously, I don't know a single strength feat of Thanos that an enraged Hulk couldn't do also.

Oh I forgot about Surfer : well it's pretty simple : Surfer never uses his speed against Thanos. Surfer is like a million times faster, but for some reason, he likes to fly right into Thanos' fist.

BobbyD
How the heck did SS and Hulk get into my thread????

Can anyone come up with another female character to add to these 3 to make it a stalemate more often than not?

DDurand
What are the powers of Thanos, exactly ?

bigbran
You know what the difference is ? You assume a lot, and I go by feats.

You say : Thanos is stronger. I say : probably, but not that much. Hulk has strength feats a gogo, Thanos has how many "amazing" strength feats ? One or two ?

Seriously, I don't know a single strength feat of Thanos that an enraged Hulk couldn't do also.

Oh I forgot about Surfer : well it's pretty simple : Surfer never uses his speed against Thanos. Surfer is like a million times faster, but for some reason, he likes to fly right into Thanos' fist. Maybe he is as strong, maybe he isn't.
Ok, but Thanos can hit a lot harder than Hulk.

Oh I got a feat, has Hulk ever really hurt Silver Surfer? I remember Bannerless Hulk doing nothing more than throwing Surfer, and Surfer even showed him up in that.

I like that, you know why?
Silver Surfer, on panel went lightspeed in only a couple of seconds. Thanos saw this, and simply dodged it. So Surfer tried to catch Thanos of guard, and he even went faster than light, hmm, reflexes?

boriquaking55

Obviously you're not thinking hard enough if you conveniently forget that Thanos managed to react and move his hand while Surfer was trying to steal the Infinity Gauntlet at several thousand times light speed.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Obviously you're not thinking hard enough if you conveniently forget that Thanos managed to react and move his hand while Surfer was trying to steal the Infinity Gauntlet at several thousand times light speed.
Another WILD assumption.

a. Surfer wasn't going "thousands times the speed of light". Where do you get that idea ?

b. It doesn't matter, because Thanos had the IG and was all powerful, so it was not normal Thanos.

bigbran
Another WILD assumption.

a. Surfer wasn't going "thousands times the speed of light". Where do you get that idea ?

b. It doesn't matter, because Thanos had the IG and was all powerful, so it was not normal Thanos. Umm, it said that Silver Surfer went a lightyear in a couple of seconds. (or about the time it took for Thanos to rise his hand in the air)

Wild indeed...
Thanos had completely turned off all the other gems.
Go read the comic, and you'll see that when he does it he says, that he would have no idea what people were going to do next, he would only have the power gem.
So basically, any thing that has to do with strength, and other things has to do with the IG.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by bigbran
Umm, it said that Silver Surfer went a lightyear in a couple of seconds. (or about the time it took for Thanos to rise his hand in the air)
see below.

No he didn't. He just wasn't omniscient anymore, because he tried to impress Death. He didn't "turn off" all the gems, they were working just fine.

Or do you think that the power gem alone can turn Thanos into a giant ? Or turn Thor into glass (or crystal) ? Or throw Drax and Hulk back in time ? Or turn adamantium in rubber ?

bigbran
see below.

No he didn't. He just wasn't omniscient anymore, because he tried to impress Death. He didn't "turn off" all the gems, they were working just fine.

Or do you think that the power gem alone can turn Thanos into a giant ? Or turn Thor into glass (or crystal) ? Or throw Drax and Hulk back in time ? Or turn adamantium in rubber ? No, he said he was only going to use the Power Gem. In that fight right after he turned off the gems, you could see the difference. He stopped time, he dodged every attack, and he even took a couple just to make them look worthless. He said he couldn't read what there next move would be.
This scan kind of ends what ever your saying though.
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theinfinitygauntlet0409na7.jpg

Basically the rest is irrelevent.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by bigbran
No, he said he was only going to use the Power Gem.
No he did not say that. He said : I need only to cut myself off from all sensory input from time, space, reality, thought and the soul.

Sensory input is the keyword. He was just as powerful as with a full working IG, but his omniscience was gone (or, as you wish, his "sensory input" coming from all the gems).

According to you, he only used the power gem. How can he tum himself into a giant with only the power gem ? How can he open time portals with only the power gem (see Hulk and Drax) ?

This was AFTER he "turned off" the other gems. How can he do that with only the power gem ? He can't. He used every single gem available, except their power to give him omniscience.

He even said it himself : I would retain limitless powers, yet not know my enemies next move.

That's the only difference.

Sensory input is not the same as power. BIG difference.

Accel
I still don't see where people get the idea Thanos dodged Surfer. From the looks of things, Surfer just simply missed his mark.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Accel
I still don't see where people get the idea Thanos dodged Surfer. From the looks of things, Surfer just simply missed his mark.
Hush... before you know it, you are known here as a Thanos hater wink

boriquaking55
Another WILD assumption.

b. It doesn't matter, because Thanos had the IG and was all powerful, so it was not normal Thanos.

Simple mathematics, it was stated he was several light-years away and he reached Thanos in about a second. He was going far faster than light-speed. What's to assume?

In addition, Thanos was powered down at the time; he was only using the Power Gem during those panels.

On second thought, did you actually read the book? confused

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by boriquaking55
In addition, Thanos was powered down at the time; he was only using the Power Gem during those panels.
Wrong.

Nah, my aunt told me about it. I don't read comics.

Tshern
And we all know just how well mathematics fares in comics. Flash was supposedly running some 20 billion times the speed of light according to the calculations made by the fans, but it was stated that it was just under the speed of light...

Grimm22
I don't consider HOM Wanda or Dissembled Wanda to be the real Wanda erm

They get owned either way

Tshern
They get owned if it is HOM Wanda? As if...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by leonidas
gladiator ko'd binary by walking through her blast. That's probably more due to his belief based powers i.e. same thing he did when he beat the shit out of Vulcan?

I'll say Thanos wins, assuming it's normal Wanda. Have to wait until NA #26 to discern what normal Wanda entails these days though.

Fanboy
Wonder Woman demolishes Thing on her own.

guy222
HOM Wanda FTW

nvrbeenwthagirl
The girls would win. Becuz of Wanda hex power. Her hex's would make Squirrel Girl appear out of thin air, or Fuse WW and Binary into one being, or Depower Thanos, or anything. She was always a wild card to me. you gotta get rid of her fast.

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The girls would win. Becuz of Wanda hex power. Her hex's would make Squirrel Girl appear out of thin air, or Fuse WW and Binary into one being, or Depower Thanos, or anything. She was always a wild card to me. you gotta get rid of her fast.

I'm putting the finishing touches on your sig brah, expect it by tomorrow smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
I'm putting the finishing touches on your sig brah, expect it by tomorrow smile

Thanks. I'm getting goose bumps. I know you are gonna work wonders with thos pics I sent. eek! big grin smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.