Thanos vs The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
Can the JLA defeat current Thanos..This is Thanos from the Annihilation series.

Thanos

Vs

Batman
Superman
Green Lantern, John
Wonder Woman
Manhunter
Flash
Aquaman

Who wins? No prep for either side. This fight takes place on Dc Earth, Thanos wants very high collateral damage during there battle. Can this JLA contain him and defeat him while also trying to keep collateral damage to low?

Howard_Jones
Probably, but by no means easily.

Omega-level
No prep? JLA. But it's a very though fight.

batdude123
The JLA beat people that make Thanos look like a child on a regular basis.

kgkg
Originally posted by batdude123
The JLA beat people that make Thanos look like a child on a regular basis. with plot holes , and PIS

there are many solo villians who have soloed JLA in numerous times.

latter getting their ass kick my superman.

high end feats all group has them.

batdude123
Originally posted by kgkg
with plot holes , and PIS

there are many solo villians who have soloed JLA in numerous times.

latter getting their ass kick my superman.

high end feats all group has them.

On a regular basis. I'm just going by their average showings.

JLA takes this.

Oh, and I think you mean a Superman that had more yellow sun radiation in him than normal? He stated he couldn't have done so well if it wasn't for the extra energy in him.

superkronick92
On a regular basis. I'm just going by their average showings.

JLA takes this.

Oh, and I think you mean a Superman that had more yellow sun radiation in him than normal? He stated he couldn't have done so well if it wasn't for the extra energy in him.

which fight are you talking about?
Oh and, jla get owned..................... at first then
A. superman sundips
B superman whips out the ol' phantom zone projector
C superman blinks
D flash...happens
E batkick
F all of the above rolling on floor laughing

great_dane
flas would run him to the end of time

Omega-level
Originally posted by great_dane

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
THe JLA took on a Quantum Mechanic. Thanos does not compare to an Enraged Zealot with the power of creation at it's finger tips. Thanos would put up a good fight. But Triple Punches at the speed of light from Superman, Manhunter and Diana would rock him. Then A couple Million IMP from flash all while jonn and aquaman put on some telepathic wammy's and a couple light contructs from jonn is too over whelming for Even Thanos.

Tshern
What are Flash's IMPs?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Tshern
What are Flash's IMPs?
Infinite Mass Punch.

Howard_Jones

Who is Flas?

You mean Flash?

No.

Tshern
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Infinite Mass Punch.
Okay, thanks, mate. I remember when he once knocked out an immortal guy by hitting him with a mass of a white dwarf. That was very badass.

Martian_mind
hmmm thanos cant really stand against there combined might though he may be able to cause collateral damage actually scratch that green lantern can control any blasts

golem370
And Thanos can also manipulate energy as well. Just look at the fight with Odin. Odin could stop him and what could they do He couldn't.

golem370
Alright in Thanos' books before annihilation His ship was attacked by Galactus' Punisher robots and Thanos himself fought like 5 or 6 and other Adam Warlock fought and injured him But Thanos took care of them with little effort. Here is a bio on them his is also an old Bio they could have been more powerful in the Thanos books.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/punisherrob.htm

Martian_mind
rgeardless of that the jla would most likely far exceed the power of those robots with ww indestructible sheild supes insane durability and the only way to kill mm is to vaporise his atoms.the jla speed and strength as well as diversity put them above thanos

golem370
Maybe but Thanos has Vast Cosmic Powers Matter Manipulation Energy Manipulation. And is proabably the smartest on Abstract in Marvel. Has fought many Marvel Hero's at once He also has a shield and experince on his side and fighting skill. Took down the badest Mercenary army in Marvel Universe by himself.

LordFear
THANOS mops the floor with these goons!!!!!

Martian_mind
Knowledge on abstracts in marvel is pointless in the dcu plus green lantern has all of those ablities as well he is outskilled or at least tied by wonder woman and experience is also debatable considereing j onn and wondy r both thousands of years old

Grimm22
The JLA beat people that make Thanos look like a child on a regular basis.

Thanos as a child would still pwn Darkseid in a Loeb book laughing

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Grimm22

Sad but True

Supreme being
Originally posted by Grimm22

Hate to go of topic but i hope you can all forgive this little rant but i think its just a dam shame that DC and Loeb cant honour jacks creation properly. As its clear darkseid was meant to be so much more than a punching bag for superman.

embarrasment excuse me for that just needed it out the system anyway back on topic there is no way Thanos is beating the JLA they have Consistently beating opponents far greater than him so that excludes pis.

Madvillain
JLA win this. Too much speed on their side.

Howard_Jones
I don't think that it's speed that's the factor here. Everyone that's tried to use speed on him hears 2 words:

Shields Up

and they slam into a wall they can't see. Numbers is the factor.

magnuslives

cos he's so overpowered, i think people should just accept that thanos would woop them all.

Howard_Jones
I wouldn't say Thanos is overpowered. He's mostly dangerous because he's one of the smartest beings in comics.

Supreme being
Originally posted by magnuslives
cos he's so overpowered, i think people should just accept that thanos would woop them all.

No he wouldn't they have are constantly beating opponents far greater than them it cant be pis because its a consistent flow therefore thanos loses.

Soljer
Originally posted by Supreme being
No he wouldn't they have are constantly beating opponents far greater than them it cant be pis because its a consistent flow therefore thanos loses.

PIS is not contingent on consistency.

However, I agree that the JLA can beat Thanos. No curbstomp for them, though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
PIS is not contingent on consistency.

However, I agree that the JLA can beat Thanos. No curbstomp for them, though.

Since when has Thanos ever been as tuff as a quantum Zealot? The JLA stood up to a mad one and GL wasn't even helping them. Thanos looses in a big CURBSTOMP.

UniOmni
The way he'd win the first encounter?

He'd blast J'onn to a pile of sludge. There goes there mindlink.

He batters Superman the way Despero did. There goes primary muscleman.

WW goes into an old bitchy tirade, then gets backhanded into orbit.

Aquaman runs back into the water.

GL tries to muster something impressive, but seeing the way the team was handled, his will isn't up to par, and he gets koed.

Flash drops a couple hundred pepper shots, only to have the Titan smirk and lay waste to the area. All we see are bits of the classic red and gold costume in the rubble.

Rematch.

They get some dohicky, break free from whatever cage/forcefield they're locked in, and they somehow manage to fool Thanos, and trap him in or on the sun.

Wally West
Some of my thoughts on the JLA team:

GL, since it is John and it has been shown Superman can break his constructs with just one punch (PIS, I know, but it happened) then Thanos should be able to handled anything John throws at him and break through any shields he puts up around his teammates.

Martian Manhunter's telepathy won't work on Thanos as he is practically immune to it and has powerful mental powers himself, and he has shown intangibility is nothing but a parlour trick to him (Vision tried it in Celestial Quest).

Superman, well that fight is a thread right there if you believe the Supes fanboys. I'm of the belief he couldn't put Thanos down on his own, but he has a lot of backup in this fight so he could be the deciding factor, if Superman goes down, its over for the team. Unless he can fly Thanos to the sun and have Loeb write for him, I can't see him physically beating Thanos into submission.

Aquaman, his strength and durability aren't Thanos level, and his telepathy shouldn't have any effect on Thanos. But his magic hand can do funky things to mutations right? And Thanos is a mutant...

Flash can beat Eternity, so he can beat Thanos. wink Even if Thanos doesn't start with his shields up I don't see Flash doing enough damage to put Thanos down before they go up, and it takes him a couple of seconds to really hit top speeds which is plenty of time for the Titan. Thanos might need to BFR him though.

Wonder Woman, couldn't physically stand up to Thanos for to long but she showed against Superman she can throw down with the big boys. If she gets her lasso she could prove a nuisance.

Batman, bat-kick, game over.

Galvaclaw
Doesn't this strategy require each of the JLA to politley line up and take turns at Thanos? Superman is strong enough to get a few victories out of 10 against Thanos, the others there give him the majority.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by UniOmni
The way he'd win the first encounter?

He'd blast J'onn to a pile of sludge. There goes there mindlink.

He batters Superman the way Despero did. There goes primary muscleman.

WW goes into an old bitchy tirade, then gets backhanded into orbit.

Aquaman runs back into the water.

GL tries to muster something impressive, but seeing the way the team was handled, his will isn't up to par, and he gets koed.

Flash drops a couple hundred pepper shots, only to have the Titan smirk and lay waste to the area. All we see are bits of the classic red and gold costume in the rubble.

Rematch.

They get some dohicky, break free from whatever cage/forcefield they're locked in, and they somehow manage to fool Thanos, and trap him in or on the sun.

Jonn can regenerate from sludge
HE isnt battering ww supes green lantern and Jonn and Aquaman at the same time. And even if Flash takes time to hit top speed He will have plenty with supes Gl Jonn and wondy all attacking thanos

Wally West
Thanos could put up multiple forcefields to keep the whole team at bay and pick them off, if they just stand there trying to break down his shields with force they will be sitting ducks for him. And even IF they get through his shields, they have to physically do more damage than even Odin did to keep Thanos down.

Priest
How is the JLA gonna beat thanos?
non of them will get past his sheilds.
non of them wont even b able to hurt him.
Thanos can easily one shot everymember of this JLA line up.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Priest
How is the JLA gonna beat thanos? non of them will get past his sheilds.
So he's just gonna hide the entire battle behind his shields ? OK. I'm not paying for that comic lol.

And since when are his forcefields unbreakable ? A weak Galactus was about to shatter his forcefield, and Champion was also busy crushing his forcefield.

laughing

No he can't.

Wally West
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
And since when are his forcefields unbreakable ? A weak Galactus was about to shatter his forcefield, and Champion was also busy crushing his forcefield. A well nourished Galactus had to exert himself to pierce his forcefields,and Champion with the power gem had to hammer away at his shields repeatedly before they started to fail. Champion without the power gem couldnt do that, and none of the JLA are power-gem level strength wise.

Kid Kurdy
Superman - any Superman - will totally trash Champion.

Wally West
Probably, but not if Champion was using the power-gem.

Priest
So he's just gonna hide the entire battle behind his shields ? OK. I'm not paying for that comic lol.
I wouldent either.

And since when are his forcefields unbreakable ?
Since a "well nourished" Galactus couldent.

A weak Galactus was about to shatter his forcefield,
That Galactus wasent weak..Galactus couldent break the sheilds rite off that bat...besides that u are comparing Galactus with the JLA.

and Champion was also busy crushing his forcefield.
That was Thanos without his recent upgrade.

laughing
Odin couldent damage thanos, surfer cant hurt thanos aswell.
Odin >JLA
Surfer> any member of JLA.

No he can't.
yes he can, see surfer.

doctorstrongbad
I like Thanos, but I'm not liking the numbers here. Does have have access to any Infinity gems?

UniOmni
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Doesn't this strategy require each of the JLA to politley line up and take turns at Thanos? Superman is strong enough to get a few victories out of 10 against Thanos, the others there give him the majority.

He could go in and freestyle melee the group, just like Despy did in Crisis of Conscience.

Punches there, eyebeams here and smirking the whole time. He could ravage the group like that. Its been done before.

They'd win the second encounter, cuz their the heroes, and they must always win, but he could easily take them down the first time.

Howard_Jones
Superman - any Superman - will totally trash Champion.

http://hypeiv.flatsoda.com/images/captain.jpg

but Superman has never destroyed a planet with his bare fists, so saying that your shields held up to Champion isn't a bad thing.

Superherovandal
actually he did. When he found out Lex became US president. He shattered one of Jupiters moons just by flying through it. And Jupiters moons are close enough to Earth's size that i'd bet he could maybe do it. And that was before his natural upgrade.

Avalonofthewind

And since when are his forcefields unbreakable ? A weak Galactus was about to shatter his forcefield, and Champion was also busy crushing his forcefield.

laughing

No he can't.

This would require Thanos to have prep. Good luck to Thanos when his ass is blasted to the Phantom zone...shield and all.

Rewmac
If the JLA has prep about 2 days and they have Hiro to make them stuff. They can easily beat Thanos big grin

Hiro is the coolest mofakka...

Wally West
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
This would require Thanos to have prep. Good luck to Thanos when his ass is blasted to the Phantom zone...shield and all. Thanos doesn't need prep to use his forcefields, they are as standard to him as any of Batman's gadgets, and he can create them without tech using his own powers, so no prep needed for Thanos here.

And his teleporting tech, which he also has on him at all times, can teleport between dimensions, realities, and can change his position on the time flow, so sticking him in the Phantom Zone wouldn't nessecarly beat him.

Martian_mind
if thanos just hides behind his sheild the battle is pointless wats to stop wonder woman using the godwave on him or superman going off for a sundip plus couldnt jonn phase threw his sheilds and steal the device that creates it.Plus the league despero fought was not the caliber of this one

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Superherovandal
actually he did. When he found out Lex became US president. He shattered one of Jupiters moons just by flying through it. And Jupiters moons are close enough to Earth's size that i'd bet he could maybe do it. And that was before his natural upgrade.

I'm not sure if the satellites in the DC solar system are much bigger but....

The largest of Jupiter's moons is Ganymede with a mass of 1.48e23 kg; compare that to Earth (mass: 5.98e24 kg), divide ganymede's mass with that of earth and you get roughly .02, i.e. the largest satellite of Jupiter is about 2% the mass of Earth. This is due to Earth having a much more dense core (iron) than Jupiter's satellites despite having a diameter only slightly more than twice their size. Anyways, the point of this math is that destroying a satellite isn't nearly enough force to obliterate a planet with a vastly larger mass and considerably higher gravitational force.

Edit: of course, since the DC sol system is not the same as our own, this maybe doesn't even apply

golem370
Thanos and Drax destroyed a planet while they were fighting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.