What class of strength is Iron's Fist's iron fist at?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcousticDoc
If Danny is putting 100% of his concentration into his fist, what punch is it equivilant to? A spiderman punch? Iron man punch? thing punch?

Scoobless
A class of it's own

Above the Thing (or possibly the Hulk)

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9066/p17rr2.th.jpg

Straight through Colossus without knocking him over .... that's pretty damn impressive.

yes

Alfheim
Originally posted by Scoobless
A class of it's own

Straight through Colossus without knocking him over .... that's pretty damn impressive.

yes

Damn....thats impressive up the human race! If your genes aint proper go back to Genosha stick out tongue . Is that Luke with upgrade all battered up?

Scoobless
Nah, it's an alternate reality from Exiles ... same basic powers and abilities though.

Alfheim
Nah, it's an alternate reality from Exiles ... same basic powers and abilities though.

So that doesn't count then.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Alfheim
So that doesn't count then.

If it's the same abilities, then it's no different. Just a different application.

AcousticDoc
Wow that's a pretty ridiculous punch...Is that IF's only power? I read on somewhere (wikipedia I think) that Danny can redirect his chi to enchance his strength, speed, and agility if he choses. I don't remember ever seeign any showing of this tho.

Disappear
he can use his chi to heal himself and others quickly, as well. seems ridiculous, but it's metaphysical. no way to really say it's bullshit.

he knocked luke clear through a brick/concrete wall, across a street, and into another building with one hit once. someone else can do the math, but it was quite impressive. and he continued to fight afterward, meaning that the above-mentioned "100%" wasn't a factor. so i'd imagine it's much worse.

Soljer
Yes, Danny can also amp his speed and strength with his Chi. The Iron Fist has mixed showings, but it is EASILY class 100 in it's highest showings.

Howard_Jones
He can also use his Chi to calm groups of people down. He did it in Maximum Carnage.

Some of my favorite IF showings are in that book.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
He can also use his Chi to calm groups of people down. He did it in Maximum Carnage.

Some of my favorite IF showings are in that book.

Iron Fist fought carnage? Why isn't he dead!?

olympian
Hes that good.

snoopdogg
Actually he didn't punch a hole in Colossus, he nicked his side as you can see in the last scan. If anybody punched a hole in somebody it was Colossus punching through Luke Cage. That's a impressive strength feat imo.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusHFHex27.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusHFHex27-2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusHFHex27-3.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusHFHex27-4.jpg

Colossus did take out Luke Cage and Iron Fist though!

Scoobless
All you see is Colossus covering the hole in his side with his hand.

jrodslam
Irn First did knock Colossus around like a ragdoll before though. Id say if fully concentrated, his punch could be equivalent to a Thing punch or higher.

Brutacus
All you see is Colossus covering the hole in his side with his hand.

Yeah IF is punching a hole in Colossus take a closer look at page 2 scoobless. great feat than colossus punching cage.

Kid Kurdy
I know it's Exiles and all, but Colossus was a bit out of character. Protecting his sis is one thing, but killing his two friends like it's nothing is another thing.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Brutacus
Yeah IF is punching a hole in Colossus take a closer look at page 2 scoobless. great feat than colossus punching cage. I wouldn't call it a hole I would call it a graze if anything. But it would take alot of power to do that so I would say IF is packing a CL 100 punch or higher. Colossus has taken blows from Juggernaut and Gladiator before with less damage than that.

Darth Vegas
IIRC, Iron Fist was actually able to melt Black Panther's vibranium suit with his punch.

I'd say that's pretty impressive.

Horrificus
Danny is a Bad Mamma Jamma!

I think he has a respect thread.

Scoobless
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I wouldn't call it a hole I would call it a graze if anything. But it would take alot of power to do that so I would say IF is packing a CL 100 punch or higher. Colossus has taken blows from Juggernaut and Gladiator before with less damage than that.

But that punch killed him ... otherwise the Exiles wouldn't have moved on from that world.

no expression

snoopdogg
But that punch killed him ... otherwise the Exiles wouldn't have moved on from that world.

no expression I know this. He bled to death cause of the wound and of the lack of medical attention. IF damaged him, that's for sure. But he didn't punch a hole through him as you can see in the last scan.

Scoobless
The second scan shows his fist going straight through, the last scan show collosus covering the wound.

no expression

snoopdogg
The second scan shows his fist going straight through, the last scan show collosus covering the wound.

no expression To me it looks like it's just grazing his side ripping through his shirt.

Brutacus
To me it looks like it's just grazing his side ripping through his shirt.

IF did punch a hole in Colossus (2 page and look at the chi or the power from IF on page two)

Disappear
in the 'return of the dragon' storyline in black panther, danny's powers were restored by the black dragon, who put danny under some voodoo and made him attack t'challa. in the next issue, which was a 'nuff said issue and had no dialogue, t'challa avoids a good number of the punches before getting buffeted around like a ragdoll. a comment is made that he only withstood the incredible beating due to his vibranium underweave, which took heavy damage in the attack.

remember in 616 where colossus received insane injuries that forced him to stay in metal form or he'd die from the trauma to his flesh-and-blood body? he didn't bleed to death there, yet he did here. just saying.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Disappear
in the 'return of the dragon' storyline in black panther, danny's powers were restored by the black dragon, who put danny under some voodoo and made him attack t'challa. in the next issue, which was a 'nuff said issue and had no dialogue, t'challa avoids a good number of the punches before getting buffeted around like a ragdoll. a comment is made that he only withstood the incredible beating due to his vibranium underweave, which took heavy damage in the attack.

remember in 616 where colossus received insane injuries that forced him to stay in metal form or he'd die from the trauma to his flesh-and-blood body? he didn't bleed to death there, yet he did here. just saying.

thumb up

Good points.

capt it up

that was not 616 that was aoa and magneto was the reason he did not die

long pig
A class of it's own

yes
PIS.

That should have k.o'd whoever it hit. It's not just a punch backed by a lot of power, it's backed by energy and body magic which affects the person's nervous system.

A full on full powered IF punch would k.o Thing with ease. ONE punch from his fist RIPPED apart a thick layer of friggin' vibranium! Hulk has shown unable to do that.

Soljer
Originally posted by long pig
PIS.

That should have k.o'd whoever it hit. It's not just a punch backed by a lot of power, it's backed by energy and body magic which affects the person's nervous system.

A full on full powered IF punch would k.o Thing with ease. ONE punch from his fist RIPPED apart a thick layer of friggin' vibranium! Hulk has shown unable to do that.

Quoted for truth.

Disappear
Originally posted by capt it up
that was not 616 that was aoa and magneto was the reason he did not die

it happened in the 616 just following x-cutioner's song the aoa example, which had nothing to do with magneto as far as i know, happened years later in the divergent timeline. that's not what i was talking about.

Disappear
to clarify, colossus was first injured by the marauder riptide, whose organic throwing stars punctured piotr's body, and left in a state in which his bioenergy was literally leaking from him. this is the event in which magneto aided him, though he eventually overcame his inability to return to human form. uncanny x-men 212 until whenever.

in uncanny x-men annual 17, as well as uncanny x-men issue 301, he was left in a state of severe trauma by a battle with the x-cutioner, after which he could not return to his human form for risk of dying immediately. this is what i was referencing.

Darth Vegas

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist6.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist7.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist8.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist9.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist10.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsfist11.jpg

Jyppe
Uh, Colossus isn't supposed to bleed in his metal form, he does that in here.Who knows what other chances are there to his powers in this reality.. From what I read, in this universe Colossus joined the Heroes for hire, instead of X-men. So, maybe this Colossus never faced Riptide, was wounded and then upgraded by Magneto. Meaning this Colossus would be weaker than the 616 version. And wasnt Colossus first supposed to have only metal skin, not entire body..?

Disappear
instead? why not after? the "avengers package" implies that other superteams existed in that universe, so who can say what did or did not happen in terms of a similar history to 616. for all we know, colossus went through numerous missions which ended worse for him than the encounter with riptide. that's neither here nor there, however. with no physical similarities explicitly written out, this colossus bleeds to death because danny punched through his stomach.

Jyppe
instead? why not after? the "avengers package" implies that other superteams existed in that universe, so who can say what did or did not happen in terms of a similar history to 616. for all we know, colossus went through numerous missions which ended worse for him than the encounter with riptide. that's neither here nor there, however. with no physical similarities explicitly written out, this colossus bleeds to death because danny punched through his stomach.

Well, yeah, except that 616 Colossus doesn't bleed blood.

manorastroman
Originally posted by Jyppe
Well, yeah, except that 616 Colossus doesn't bleed blood.

yes he does. astonishing x-men, emma's psychic sebastien shaw gives colossus a tidy little nosebleed.

edit: nuts, i just realized that in astonishing he bleeds liquid metal.

bigbran
I know this. He bled to death cause of the wound and of the lack of medical attention. IF damaged him, that's for sure. But he didn't punch a hole through him as you can see in the last scan. Umm, ya he did, look at the third scan when he is holding Danny, there is metal ripped where his hole is.

*remembers when people said that IF couldn't ko Wolverine*

Badabing
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
If Danny is putting 100% of his concentration into his fist, what punch is it equivilant to? A spiderman punch? Iron man punch? thing punch?
It's above Superman and below Bone Claw Wolverine.

Soljer
Here's a good question:

Would an all out Iron Fist from danny, at the top of it's showings, be able to damage adamantium? At all?

We saw him rip up vibranium, and **** up Colossus' organic steel. How would Danny, theoretically, do against some Adamantium?

Accel
The IF's highest showings vs adamantium's highest showings?

Can't say, but I have my doubts he'd do any thing. IIRC, Thor once threw Mjolnir as hard as he could at a block of adamantium and only made a small dent in it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel

Can't say, but I have my doubts he'd do any thing. IIRC, Thor once threw Mjolnir as hard as he could at a block of adamantium and only made a small dent in it.

More specifically, Adamantium's lower showings, wink.

I figure Danny could probably puncture secondary adamantium with the Iron Fist.

I'm not so sure about primary.

long pig
I doubt it'd harm first grade Adamantium. True Adamantium is really the only constant in the Marvel U. Nothing has really ever been shown to be strong enough to physically harm it by breaking or bending.

Second grade would get dented up.

capt it up
Originally posted by Accel

that was secondary adamatium

DarkCrawler
Doubt that Iron Fist could harm true adamantium. Etc. Namor punched an robot made out of true adamantium and didn't hurt it...and I rate Namor's highest punches far above Iron Fist's...

Disappear
i'd say danny's uppermost limit would be akin to namor on a good day. not on his best day, considering some evidences that suggest he's just a ****ing bulldog of destruction when he wants to be, but certainly danny at least hits namor's average.

King_Mungi
Iron Fist ko'ed Hercules with one punch to the face.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Iron Fist ko'ed Hercules with one punch to the face.

That's some good chi!!!

King_Mungi
Hercules was drunk and had beers in his hand, but it worked. (Heores for Hire #3)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.