Avengers vs. Weapon X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Post Civil War, Weapon X is up to another fiendish plot. It slowly attempts to recruit many of it's former agents, through various means, though akes the mistake of asking Wolverine. He obviously refuses, and overcomes their methods of 'persuasion'. Having temporarily left the X-Men, Logan turns to his friends from before Civil War- the New Avengers (menos Iron Man and Sentry, of course).

They begin tracking down the rogue organization, and are camped outside the base of operations, with the intentions of taking it over stealthily the next morning. That night, however, they are met by Iron Man- who is not happy to be working with them, but is now the government's pet Superhero, and follows his orders. He arrives with the news that It is being headed by Mr. Sinister, though he only suspects that it has to do with the organization's history in manipulation of mutant powers. However, Sinister noted Iron Man's arrival, and attack the Avengers (reassembled).

Iron Man has had half a day of prep.

Avengers:
Captain America
Iron Man
Luke Cage
Spiderman
Spiderwoman
Wolverine

Weapon X:
Sabertooth
Agent Zero
Mr. Sinister
Deadpool
Sauron
Marrow

-No mindraping
-No hypnosis
-No grenades/ high-level explosives

Who wins?

Howard_Jones
Current Iron Man would solo most of that Weapon X team.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Current Iron Man would solo most of that Weapon X team.

I was worried about him... erm

The problem was that I could have swapped a couple people on Team X, but it would have been a huge jump in level

xmarksthespot
I don't see how they can physically hurt Sinister. I've only seen him damaged by Nate Grey's hard-psi projections in the Age of Apocalypse (which being an alternate universe isn't cannon). Additionally he's shown telekinesis, so I don't really see why he couldn't crush Iron Man's windpipe with it.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I don't see how they can physically hurt Sinister. I've only seen him damaged by Nate Grey's hard-psi projections in the Age of Apocalypse (which being an alternate universe isn't cannon). Additionally he's shown telekinesis, so I don't really see why he couldn't crush Iron Man's windpipe with it.

Which is why I added him, as a followup to my last post.

The only issue is Ironman's speed. And could Sinister be contained by the fields the suit has been shown to project? I'm thinking the type that they used to hold Electro in New Avengers

xmarksthespot
Probably, he could be contained. But then I don't think his powers could be contained in the same way as Electro's.

By no mindraping do you mean no telepathy at all?

SpunkySmurph
Probably, he could be contained. But then I don't think his powers could be contained in the same way as Electro's.

By no mindraping do you mean no telepathy at all?

No telepathy used as an attack.

erm With 12 hours of prep, Stark could probably come up with a method of containment for Essex.

King_Mungi
Weapon X III ownz all, but he's not in the list :P

xmarksthespot
Weapon XIV would kill them all.

Howard_Jones

Iron Man is considerably faster, and would turn him into ash in a second. You really think that Tony doesn't know what kind of threat Sinister is? erm

xmarksthespot
Turning him to ash would do what exactly?

Howard_Jones
Turning him to ash would do what exactly?

Considering that being hit by beams hotter than the sun would more than likely turn him into a big, steaming pile of nothing, then I'd say it kills him.

Sinister isn't above being killed, and having Tony study him before the battle makes it much quicker.

xmarksthespot
I've seen him puddlefied. Tony's beams are hotter than the sun now? Centre or surface?

Howard_Jones
I've seen him puddlefied. Tony's beams are hotter than the sun now? Centre or surface?

Centre. Nothing can survive that short of a High Level durability. Sinister just has a regenerative ability, but even then he couldn't survive that.

xmarksthespot
Hotter than 15,000,000 K? Forget high level durability his suit wouldn't survive being anywhere near those temperatures, his arms would melt off just being in the vicinity. huh

Howard_Jones
Hotter than 15,000,000 K? Forget high level durability his suit wouldn't survive being anywhere near those temperatures, his arms would melt off just being in the vicinity. huh

He's made armours to battle Heralds and King Thor, both who are capable of doing the same thing. It's not out of Tony's league.

xmarksthespot
Even if he could (which I'm not really convinced of - I can't see Iron Man sundipping any time soon), the environment couldn't. Every time he released a blast they'd sublimate pretty much everything around him instantly into plasma. erm

Where does it say his blasts are hotter than the centre of the sun btw?

harri
avengheers

Howard_Jones
Even if he could (which I'm not really convinced of - I can't see Iron Man sundipping any time soon), the environment couldn't. Every time he released a blast they'd sublimate pretty much everything around him instantly into plasma. erm

Where does it say his blasts are hotter than the centre of the sun btw?

You need to read up on Iron Man

xmarksthespot
You need to read up on Iron Man Meh, not really that interested, thanks. But I would like to know where it says that his blasts are 15,000,000 K, and/or uses a blast that has a temperature of 15,000,000 K. Generally when someone makes a claim the onus is on them to provide proof positive. Scan or issue number would suffice.

Howard_Jones
Meh, not really that interested, thanks. But I would like to know where it says that his blasts are 15,000,000 K, and/or uses a blast that has a temperature of 15,000,000 K. Generally when someone makes a claim the onus is on them to provide proof positive. Scan or issue number would suffice.

Read the Extremis arc.

There you go.

xmarksthespot
See now that's 6 issues I'd have to download and filter through to find a single line. erm

It would be a whole lot easier if you'd just tell me a single issue where it says his blasts are now 15,000,000 K. Alternatively a scan would be even better.

Howard_Jones
See now that's 6 issues I'd have to download and filter through to find a single line. erm

It would be a whole lot easier if you'd just tell me a single issue where it says his blasts are now 15,000,000 K. Alternatively a scan would be even better.

If I had a scanner, or the issues on hand, I'd tell you. However, it's not a bad read, so it's not like I'm twisting your arm.

DarkCrawler
You mean the issue where he blasted Graviton with heat blasts? Those blasts were nowhere near the centre of Sun...

Tshern
He's made armours to battle Heralds and King Thor, both who are capable of doing the same thing. It's not out of Tony's league.
Well, Hulk Killer Humanoid was made to kill the Hulk. Did it succeed? I say Sinister leads his team to the sweet taste of victory.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You mean the issue where he blasted Graviton with heat blasts? Those blasts were nowhere near the centre of Sun... I just looked. It says at 73% power output, he reached 10,073 K. A far cry from the 15,000,000 K at the centre of the sun... erm

To do so he had to stop there and power up.

Howard_Jones
I just looked. It says at 73% power output, he reached 10,073 K. A far cry from the 15,000,000 K at the centre of the sun... erm

To do so he had to stop there and power up.

Even so, he's still faster than Sinister could come close to. Also, he's never taken anything like that before.

xmarksthespot
I don't see a blast of heat that didn't kill Graviton, turning Sinister to "ash in a second."

He is much faster than Sinister, and I see him probably managing to contain Sinister with his prep, but I don't see him in and of his own power killing Sinister with a blast.

Howard_Jones
I don't see a blast of heat that didn't kill Graviton, turning Sinister to "ash in a second."

He is much faster than Sinister, and I see him probably managing to contain Sinister with his prep, but I don't see him in and of his own power killing Sinister with a blast.

Has Sinister ever been hit with anything like that before? The X-Men don't exactly have a lot of top tiers in their squads that aren't psychics.

Scoobless
You need to read up on Iron Man

You need to pay more attention to what you're reading, IM can generate heat hotter than the surface of the sun ... nowhere near the core though.

Meh, not really that interested, thanks. But I would like to know where it says that his blasts are 15,000,000 K, and/or uses a blast that has a temperature of 15,000,000 K. Generally when someone makes a claim the onus is on them to provide proof positive. Scan or issue number would suffice.

He can't.

xmarksthespot
Has Sinister ever been hit with anything like that before? The X-Men don't exactly have a lot of top tiers in their squads that aren't psychics. You mean something really hot? Like Havok's plasma blasts?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/havoksinister.jpg

Omega-level
Weapon X. Sinister's team is overall stronger, with Sauron, Sabretooth and Deadpool, and he is a match to Iron Man, so they win 6/10.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Omega-level
Weapon X. Sinister's team is overall stronger, with Sauron, Sabretooth and Deadpool, and he is a match to Iron Man, so they win 6/10.

Well, though I hate to say it, Deadpool is pretty evenly matched by more then one member of the other team.

Agent Zero, however, is a threat to be reckoned with.

SpunkySmurph
I think Sinister could be held off long enough throughout the battle, that it would probably come down to Ironman vs. Sinister. Spidey would probably last a while too

xmarksthespot
Meh if Iron Man stops moving he has his neck snapped and heart pulled out by TK.

SpunkySmurph
Meh if Iron Man stops moving he has his neck snapped and heart pulled out by TK.

Well, I doubt Sinister could do that while suffering under a barrage of attacks.

Another idea occured to me- if she survives long enough, could Spider-Woman potentially affect Sinister with her pheromones before? She's certainly shown the ability in the past during battle.

xmarksthespot
Well, you said telepathy couldn't be used offensively. But to everyone except for probably Iron Man Sinister can simply remain invisible due to telepathy used defensively, so the only attacks on him are probably coming from Iron Man anyway.

SpunkySmurph
Well, you said telepathy couldn't be used offensively. But to everyone except for probably Iron Man Sinister can simply remain invisible due to telepathy used defensively, so the only attacks on him are probably coming from Iron Man anyway.

Well, I wouldn't put it past Wolverine to sniff him out.

I'm not up-to-date on CW. Has Spidey deposited his Iron Suit yet? I'm guessing so, but, if he hasn't, and we're going by current characters, he could pull the same trick.

xmarksthespot
Wolverine might be able to, but with complete control of his body's cells I'd wager he can become scentless. Sabretooth can do the same to an invisible Spider-Man and regardless an invisible Spider-Man still really isn't anything of a thread to Sinister.

SpunkySmurph
Wolverine might be able to, but with complete control of his body's cells I'd wager he can become scentless. Sabretooth can do the same to an invisible Spider-Man and regardless an invisible Spider-Man still really isn't anything of a thread to Sinister.

With complete control, I'd reckon he could also become immune to Spider-Woman's pheromones... IF he realized he was being affected by them.

Spiderman could be a threat to some of the others however. He could take out some of them (Agent Zero, Marrow, etc.) while Ironman and the others keep Sinister occupied long enough for Ironman to deploy some sort of containment device that rejects telekinetic frequencies. Maybe.

SpunkySmurph
That being said, thats only one possible scenario. Sinister's group probably takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.