I found this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirate_1987
I hope this cheers you up

While the script for the second movie was being written,
In order to get an actual surprised reaction, the small kissing scene between Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann was cut out of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

I found this
it was under Trivia
amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Chest-Two-Disc-Collectors/dp/fun-facts/B00005JP0F

there was 2 kiss scenes in DMC between Jack and Elizabeth

LovelyOne
really??? when was the first one supposed to be??

is that the kiss they were saying was removed??

I bet thats the one everyone mistook for the end one..they thought the end one was removed..when thats really stupid because its a critical moment in the movie.

LovelyOne
Actually...I'm wondering if they changed the curiosity scene a little bit..

I'm wondering if he actually originally kissed her there because in the commentary they are saying she didn't want to be kissed when she so obviously did because she even got her tongue ready and eyes closed??

just a guess lol

katelovespirate
LOL i know, please, she wanted to be kissed BAD. did they honestly say that in the commentary?~!

LovelyOne
well i think Terry did..they said part of her wanted to be kissed but they "THINK" she wouldn't have allowed it..BS

So maybe he originally started to kiss her then she pulled away and said "see"

cuz they said thats what she would have done had he kised her there

katelovespirate
she wouldnt have allowed it? she was basically screaming "take me!"

if thats the way they wrote it, the actress totally changed it, cause please, look at that scene. they are like melty butter together.

LovelyOne
she may have got a little caught up in it then pulled away..

and I agree..the actress played it different..they didn't even comment on her disappointed face afterward

Also...just for the kick of it I listened to the voice thing they have for blind people..and the second Jack says "persuade me" the woman says "Elizabeth casts a partly exasperated partly amused look and walks off"

laughing out loud

so that explains what that look was all about

she also says "Jack stares solemnly into Elizabeth's eyes" just before she kisses him

he was being dead serious there..

willofthewisp
"well i think Terry did..they said part of her wanted to be kissed but they "THINK" she wouldn't have allowed it..BS

cuz they said thats what she would have done had he kised her there"--------LovelyOne

She might not have allowed it. Like we've agreed, she gets overwhelmed by Jack easily. She could have let him lean in a little, but might not have been ready for a kiss just yet. The curiosity scene was more a getting-to-know-you deal, so I don't think a kiss was appropriate there, although it would have been nice.

Do we know where the second kiss is? I'm wondering if they did the kiss scene a little different, like when she leans in they do kiss again, but it's more a kiss goodbye than one of seduction.

Chiki Mina
Whats it trying to say? That there were suppose to be 2 kissing scenes?

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"well i think Terry did..they said part of her wanted to be kissed but they "THINK" she wouldn't have allowed it..BS

cuz they said thats what she would have done had he kised her there"--------LovelyOne

She might not have allowed it. Like we've agreed, she gets overwhelmed by Jack easily. She could have let him lean in a little, but might not have been ready for a kiss just yet. The curiosity scene was more a getting-to-know-you deal, so I don't think a kiss was appropriate there, although it would have been nice.

Do we know where the second kiss is? I'm wondering if they did the kiss scene a little different, like when she leans in they do kiss again, but it's more a kiss goodbye than one of seduction.
yeah but they said it was cut to keep the surprise of the final kiss, so it couldnt have been afterward...

willofthewisp
Hmm, it must have been during Curiosity then, unless she kisses him when he comes back and shoots the kracken. Then everyone would blame it on an -in-the-moment deal and think she was just grateful.

LovelyOne
ohh maybe!!!..thats a point you have right there...instead she just grabs his leg..maybe originally she hugged him and kissed him on the lips

Chiki Mina
how come those deleted scenes werent shown on the dvd?

willofthewisp
Or a quick peck on the cheek, like Leia with Luke in the first Star Wars movie where she says it's "for luck."

I guess it was a good thing it was cut, whenever it was. Think how little the Han/Leia kiss would have meant in ESB if she had made out with him in the first movie.

Leia: You deserve a little more than a medal
Han: Does Luke get more?
Leia: No
Han: Then I'll take whatever you're offering.

But I can see it, Liz looks up and is so relieved and overjoyed he's there that she jumps up and kisses him really quickly and hides behind him while he pulls the trigger.

CaptinJackLover
AHHHH! THIS S THE BEST NEWS!!!

Chiki Mina
everybody is ignoring my questions lmao

willofthewisp
I don't know the answer, chiki.

Question for anyone: has anyone listened to the commentary to DMC? I know LovelyOne did because she posted the writer's comments during the J/E scenes. But did anyone else listen to it and hear talk of a second kiss? Oh what could have been.

pirate_1987
maybe that scene was on a deleted scene or alternate scene

Chiki Mina
I duno I still have 10 days-actually about 12 days i cant buy the dvd on the 5thsad i have finals the next day

CaptainJacksLuv
Originally posted by pirate_1987
I hope this cheers you up

While the script for the second movie was being written,
In order to get an actual surprised reaction, the small kissing scene between Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann was cut out of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

I found this
it was under Trivia
amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Chest-Two-Disc-Collectors/dp/fun-facts/B00005JP0F

there was 2 kiss scenes in DMC between Jack and Elizabeth

yea, i already knew that, it was only cut out of wills, the same with when barbossa came down, the cast were told that anamaria was coming back.

LovelyOne
no this is something differnt i think^^ it says small kissing scene and it doesntmeantion anything about Will not seeing it...the one Will saw was the long one..

willo there was no talk of a second kiss on the commentary..sad

Chiki Mina
then I dunno...

katelovespirate
well originally Elizabeth gave Jack one of those "for luck" kisses in the first film, but that was cut.

i'm glad, at any rate, that a second kiss was cut, if only because it made the final kiss 10 billion times more intense/shocking/meaningful.

if there had to be a second kiss, i would have liked for it to be one of the characters just doing something impulsively that shocked the other--- not a make out session but a quick peck that really shocked the other but not in a bad way. Perhaps when Jack and Elizabeth first meet up on the dock, and they are having that moment, or after Jack says "persuade me", he just leans and gives her a peck on the lips and walks off cheekily, and she is like, WOAH what just happened, but isnt exactly displeased. thats the only thing i could picture working without taking away from the kiss at the end.

Chiki Mina
or maybe while he was telling her how she could save will and telling the story about the chest and the compass, maybe she was gonna tahnk him for helping her and gave a peck on the cheek.

They prob cut that off and have Liz said "Ohhh, Jack" instead. Im just making silly guesses. No one knows for sure.

katelovespirate
giggle... i was just thinking how great it would be to re-write every single liz/jack scene in dmc to include a steamy kiss. smile

willofthewisp
Lol, a small peck after persuade me, Kate, would have been acceptable.

LovelyOne
maybe after saying thank you she pecked him on the lips then kissed him??

katelovespirate
or maybe they just through the peck out the window and had the sex willo described in the other thread.... hahahahaha

Swann&Sparrow
Ahaha, that would be so R rated. Lol, too bad it's Disney. But I would've thought that a kiss earlier in the movie would've taken away alot from the kiss of death in the end.

It was their 'first kiss' and that's something special that only they can share together. I don't think even a peck would've been okay. It doesn't seem right to have a little kiss then all that emotion into the last kiss.

It just seems right to have her show all her emotion, that she's been penting up inside her, portrayed in that ONE kiss.

katelovespirate
yeah i hear ya. now that the first kiss is squared away, though, AWE seems wide open for as far as they want to push it. wink

SarahB
lol.....mayb there will be more romace between them...

willofthewisp
I would like to see this deleted kiss, but I'm glad it wasn't left in the movie. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I didn't see it coming at all. I thought they missed their chance to kiss in the curiosity scene and the reason Liz stayed behind with Jack was to thank him and try once more to get him to admit he's more decent than he pretends to be. But then I saw her hesitate, Jack looks into her eyes....dumb little willofthewisp none the wiser.

THEN OMIGOD, SHE'S KISSING JACK SPARROW AND I'M GETTING HOT UNDER THE COLLAR.

It was a big shocker to me and I loved it. I think a previous kiss would have hinted too much. That's why I like curiosity so much. It lets you know something is going on, but doesn't show you anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.