Eminem presents the Re-Up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Murda Ma$e
Anybody here it yet?

What did you think of it?

I liked 4 or 5 songs off it.

I thought it was okay.

Blue_Hefner
it's alright

-hh-
didn't like it.

Phat J
couldnt be bothered to listen to it, i could barely stomach encore. i was listening to the slim shady lp the other day though, such a good album.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Phat J
couldnt be bothered to listen to it, i could barely stomach encore.

^ My feelings also.

"Superman" is the only Eminem song that I like. He basically describes exactly how I felt following my divorce.

sithsaber408
I thought it was cool, but I didn't listen to all of it.

Track 6-The Re-up (Em and 50) was cool. 4/5
Track 7-You Don't Know (Em, 50, Lloyd Banks, and Cashis) was ok 3.5/5
Track 8-Jimmy Crack Corn (Em and 50) was dope. 5/5
Track 17-Public Enemy #1(Eminem) was by far the best on the disc. 5/5
Track 20-Shake That (remix) eh.. I liked Bobby Creekwater's flow, but Obie Trice bugs the shit out of me. 3/5
Track 22-No apologies (Eminem) pretty good, typical Eminem stuff. 4/5

This is from a biased Em fan though, who likes Lloyd Banks and semi-tolerates 50 cent. (I really wonder how many different songs he can rhyme rollin' and holdin' in though.)

I don't care much for D-12, so I didn't listen to their stuff. Cheers had a few good tracks on it, but I skip all of Obie Trice's stuff too. Stat Quo, ehh, whatever. Kinda interested to see what Bobby Creekwater will do. Whats's a Ca$his?

You can check out the whole cd for free (edited except for the words damn, shit, and ass) on mtv.com:

http://www.mtv.com/#/music/the_leak/eminem/eminem_presents_the_reup/index.jhtml

Alpha Centauri
couldnt be bothered to listen to it, i could barely stomach encore. i was listening to the slim shady lp the other day though, such a good album.

It is an incredible album, but as is normally the case with mainstream MCs, he got greedy.

-AC

Phat J
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It is an incredible album, but as is normally the case with mainstream MCs, he got greedy.

-AC
i dont think he got greedy, i think he got lazy. all his fans still would have bought the albums if they were on par the slim shady lp, he just would have got the respect of the people who know the difference between taht album and encore.

Victor Von Doom
i dont think he got greedy, i think he got lazy. all his fans still would have bought the albums if they were on par the slim shady lp, he just would have got the respect of the people who know the difference between taht album and encore.

Difference is, he wouldn't have got the new fans.

That album was excellent, one of my favourites. From there on it wasn't so much downhill as over cliff.

Phat J
honestly i think he would have, the people that listen to him now obviously dont care about the lyrics, so i dont think they'd know the difference. they'd just blindly buy it like they are now because its eminem.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah, but the 'because it's Eminem' Eminem is the new one. Most people I know that jumped on his bandwagon hated him prior to Stan. All of them, in fact.

It's no coincidence that I stopped liking him at that point- musically that is, not due to the fans.

sithsaber408

You know a big difference too is that he got sober.

There is a huge difference in flow, rhyming speed, and state of mind/type of lyrics between Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP when compared to Eminem Show and Encore.

Having done speed, shrooms, and extacy before, I can personally attest to this probably having played a big role in his formative years as an MC. stick out tongue

When coupled with his success, and trying to raise a family and start a company, his sobriety makes alot of sense as to the change in his style.

However, he's still one of the top 10 MC's who is making music right now. (IMO)

I think most of Encore (while enjoyable) was sub-par, but Eminem Show was dope.

Business is a great track, Superman is too, along Say What You Say (with Dre), Til I Collapse, and Sing For the Moment are all great.

Cleanin out my Closet and Soldier were O.K, but I can't here people bagging him for that album with lyrics like:

"Let your hair down to the track,
Yeah kick on back. (Boo!)
The boogie monster of rap,
Yeah the man's back
With a plan to ambush this Bush administration,
Mush the Senate's face in and push this generation,
Of kids to stand and fight for the right to say something you might not like,
This white hot light,
That i'm under,
No wonder I look so sunburnt,
Oh no, I won't leave no stone unturned,
Oh no i won't leave,
Wont go nowhere,
Do-si-do,Oh, yo, ho, hello there
Oh yeah don't think I won't go there,
Go to the Beirut and do a show there
Yah you laugh till your muthaf*ckin' ass gets drafted,
While you're at band camp thinkin' the crap can't happen,
Till you f*ck around,
Get an anthrax napkin,
Inside a package wrapped in saran Wrap wrapping,
Open the plastic and then you stand back gasping,
F*ckin' assassins hijackin' Amtracks crashin,
All this terror America demands action,
Next thing you know you've got Uncle Sam's ass askin'
To join the army or what you'll do for their Navy.
You just a baby,
Gettin' recruited at eighteen,
You're on a plane now,
Eatin their food and their baked beans.
I'm 28 ,
They gon take you 'fore they take me
Crazy insane or insane crazy?
When i say Hussein you say Shady,
My views aint changed still Inhumane,
Wait,
Arraigned two days late,
The date's today,
Hang me!" -from the song Squaredance.

Phat J
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Yeah, but the 'because it's Eminem' Eminem is the new one. Most people I know that jumped on his bandwagon hated him prior to Stan. All of them, in fact.

It's no coincidence that I stopped liking him at that point- musically that is, not due to the fans.
a lot of people i know that were crazy about encore hadnt even heard the slim shady lp, just odd songs here and there off of it. i wouldnt say they hated him before it though, they all really liked the eminem show (which honestly isnt that bad, its no slim shady lp, but its still entertaining).

Victor Von Doom
That is partly it, though. They wouldn't have heard him before (as demonstrated).

He's mainstream now.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
That is partly it, though. They wouldn't have heard him before (as demonstrated).

He's mainstream now.

Whose "they" that's been demonstrated?

Cuz I've been listening to him since Infinite, and the Rawkus mixtapes, and I still like him now.

His newer stuff is different, and probably not as good, but still.

One of the top 10 MC's still making music, IMO.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Whose "they" that's been demonstrated?

Cuz I've been listening to him since Infinite, and the Rawkus mixtapes, and I still like him now.

His newer stuff is different, and probably not as good, but still.

One of the top 10 MC's still making music, IMO.

Read the thread.

If your last statement is true, I despair for the current state of hip hop.

Then again- I do.

Quiero Mota
Everyone says The Slim Shady LP was tight shit, but his other albums kept getting progressively worse. I think his album's are all pretty much the same; they all begin with a 'public service anouncement' and continue with songs that are full of rage about rape and his pill-popping mom. I admit I destest Eminem because songs about raping one's ex-wife/mom just don't do it for me. But my youngest son is a huge Em fan, and because of him I know practically every Eminem song by heart. And about The Slim Shady LP; "My Name Is" is really annoying, namely the beat and the chorus.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Everyone says The Slim Shady LP was tight shit, but his other albums kept getting progressively worse. I think his album's are all pretty much the same; they all begin with a 'public service anouncement' and continue with songs that are full of rage about rape and his pill-popping mom. I admit I destest Eminem because songs about raping one's ex-wife/mom just don't do it for me. But my youngest son is a huge Em fan, and because of him I know practically every Eminem song by heart. And about The Slim Shady LP; "My Name Is" is really annoying, namely the beat and the chorus.

The difference is; The Slim Shady LP was Eminem doing whatever he felt like doing because he honestly didn't believe he had anything to lose, and he was controversial as a result, because like the song, he just didn't give a f*ck.

By the second album he realised that if he started TRYING to be controversial (Note the fact that Kim appeared on the second album) he would get MORE attention and more sales. Eventually leading to songs like Cleaning Out My Closet and Without Me, and nowadays Ass like That.

You can't sanely listen to songs like Bad Meets Evil, As the World Turns and I'm Shady, then say they sound like Ass like That and Just Lose It, surely. If he's not to your taste, that's cool, but that's precisely what made him great. He wasn't to everyone's taste.

Not everybody who liked hip hop liked Eminem, and not everybody who hated hip hop DISLIKED him. He mixed things up, which is rare.

-AC

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Whats's a Ca$his?

He's an artist signed to shady records.

reggie_jax
eminem has been all about da shock value from the time he released My Name Is. kim was on mmlp... yea.. and 97 bonnie and clyde was on sslp... eminem has been the same eminem since 98.. just with shitter music..

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by reggie_jax
eminem has been all about da shock value from the time he released My Name Is. kim was on mmlp... yea.. and 97 bonnie and clyde was on sslp... eminem has been the same eminem since 98.. just with shitter music..

Not too good with comprehending points, are you?

Whether or not he was shocking people before The Marshall Mathers LP is irrelevant, it's the fact that he wasn't trying to back then. He was after.

-AC

reggie_jax
he wasnt trying to says who?

Alpha Centauri
he wasnt trying to says who?

It's clearly obvious from the attitude on that album and how he changed from someone just putting music out, to someone actively promoting himself as some controversial figure.

-AC

reggie_jax
its clearly obvious to me that he was trying his hardest to be controversial from sslp on.. he was just someone puttin muzik out when he released infinite. just a bunch of boring f@g nigga beats and dictionary rhymez.. then he goes on to make sslp and releases a single full of somewhat cheezy one liners that were obviously designed to raise an eyebrow or two. he followed the same formula on sslp as he did on mmlp.. it was only more popular the second time around and more interesting the first time..

Murda Ma$e
just a bunch of boring f@g nigga beats and dictionary rhymez..

laughing out loud True. Infinite was wack. That "whatcha know about a sweet mc" song sucked.

Sweet Mc....corny ass line.

Phat J
the title track was dope

B dot Rob
313 was a hot ass song gtfoh with that shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.