What's worse: Pedophiles or Murderers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
So, what is worse:
Someone who touches children, or someone who kills people (on purpose)?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by bigbran
So, what is worse:

Murderer.

People have survived and overcome thier molestations. People have not survived or overcome being murdered.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Murderer.

People have survived and overcome thier molestations. People have not survived or overcome being murdered.
Good show.

bigbran
Murderer.

People have survived and overcome thier molestations. People have not survived or overcome being murdered. Yes, but then the child has to live with that on their mind, every day of their life.

KidRock
Murderers..easily.

debbiejo
Both should die.

Strangelove
Difficult question. Victims of pedophilia are often scarred for life and some end up being pedophiles themselves. and, using Urizen's own logic, murder does not beget more murderers, as the victims are not alive.

But from a purely legal standpoint, one count of child molestation can't get you life in prison or the death penalty, but one count of murder can.

Murderers are worse

bigbran
Originally posted by Strangelove
But from a purely legal standpoint, one count of child molestation can't get you life in prison or the death penalty, but one count of murder can.
I still think that is bullshit.
Also, Micheal Jackson got off from doing that shit, so from a legal standpoint, child molestation isn't even that bad.
Haven't people got more from attempted murder?

reggie_jax
who said dat hoe aint old enough?
if she could bleed, dan she can ****!!

- too $hort

Victor Von Doom
Yes, but then the child has to live with that on their mind, every day of their life.

They still have a life. Stop being ridiculous. Murder is the most strongly punished crime for a reason.

Not even to mention the fact that paedophiles aren't necessarily criminals.Originally posted by debbiejo
Both should die.

Stupid.

Originally posted by Strangelove
Difficult question. Victims of pedophilia are often scarred for life and some end up being pedophiles themselves. and, using Urizen's own logic, murder does not beget more murderers, as the victims are not alive.

Murderers are worse

Revenge killings come to mind. In any case that's not the most fruitful path to follow regarding this issue. Lots of crimes lead to a recurring pattern- that doesn't make them worse than more serious crimes.

xmarksthespot
Hmm true, murderer implies someone who has committed murder, while pedophile does not necessarily imply someone who has committed child molestation.

A more accurate thread title would have been child molesters or murderers.

Regardless murder is considered by human society to be the most grievous of crimes.

Rogue Jedi
murder.

Ichigo66666
Paedophiles-The touched one has to be scarred mentally, maybe even physically for life, knowing that they have been penetrated and disgraced by another human being.

Murderer-Killed another human being, they don't have to suffer as much, although they do suffer alot.

I believe none is worse than the other, as both have there bad points and both have there points worse than the other.

Rogue Jedi
when you murder, you erase everything they have ever done, and all that they will do. a pedophile victim can have counseling and live a halfway normal life.

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
when you murder, you erase everything they have ever done, and all that they will do. a pedophile victim can have counseling and live a halfway normal life.

Yes, but still have to live a life of knowing it. Unless they get amnesia.

As i said, none is worse. Crime is Crime.

Rogue Jedi
but wouldnt you be happier alive than dead?

Fishy

That's the advantage of being murdered you don't have to live with it for the rest of your life.

Now if it were to happen to me, being raped as a child or killed I would prefer to be killed, that said however murder should be punished harder and is worse

Rogue Jedi
i know people who were raped as a child. they live normal lives and can talk about it now.

Ichigo66666
but wouldnt you be happier alive than dead?

If i had been penetrated about 4 years old, everyone knew about it. I would be insane, i could not live.

Fishy
i know people who were raped as a child. they live normal lives and can talk about it now.

Yeah I have no doubts about that, still if I had to choose which one would happen I'd take dying, it's the easier way out... And probably less painful and quicker too, at least for me.

Rogue Jedi
well, you just have to surround yourself with family and friends. thats half the battle.

Council#13
So, what is worse:

A person who kills a child then molests the dead child is absolutely disgusting. erm

Fishy
Originally posted by Council#13
A person who kills a child then molests the dead child is absolutely disgusting. erm

Preferably that way then the other way around.

Council#13
You're saying that to kill a child then molest the child is better than to molest the child then kill the child? I mean, if you're the child, I guess it might be better....

Rogue Jedi
no.....no way.

xmarksthespot
You're saying that to kill a child then molest the child is better than to molest the child then kill the child? I mean, if you're the child, I guess it might be better.... The former is more psychotic but also technically more humane. If the child is going to die, it needn't also be subjected to molestation.

Fishy
You're saying that to kill a child then molest the child is better than to molest the child then kill the child? I mean, if you're the child, I guess it might be better....

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying... It will safe the child from a hell of a lot of pain.

Council#13
Yes, but if you believe in the afterlife, I doubt a child would enjoy watching it's body being molested. However, if the child is unconscious as it is being molested, then murder afterwards.... well, that would probably be the most preferable way for the child to go.

Fishy
Yes, but if you believe in the afterlife, I doubt a child would enjoy watching it's body being molested. However, if the child is unconscious as it is being molested, then murder afterwards.... well, that would probably be the most preferable way for the child to go.

I'm sure the child would rather see it's body getting molested from a safe distance without feeling the pain, then feeling the pain and watching the rapists as they are molested.

If the child is knocked out, then it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

Council#13
Whatever, it's all sick. erm

usagi_yojimbo
So, what is worse:

Umm..they're both equally bad. However - I would say that molestation can have an even greater impact and longer lasting degerative effect on a society, seeing as how many of those who have been molested - often times grow up to be molestors themselves.

Fishy
Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo
Umm..they're both equally bad. However - I would say that molestation can have an even greater impact and longer lasting degerative effect on a society, seeing as how many of those who have been molested - often times grow up to be molestors themselves.

I would disagree there, a murder often has a far greater impact on society. Especially when people are killed because of their ideals and if they are known. The murder of one movie maker in this country has done so much more wrong then a hundred rapes have. The murder of one politician can do exactly the same.

For society as a whole murder often has a greater impact

Council#13
Would the murder or rape of a major politician make a bigger splash, I wonder.... hmm

heru
They both are bastards, but the murders are worst.

xmarksthespot
Yes, but if you believe in the afterlife, I doubt a child would enjoy watching it's body being molested. However, if the child is unconscious as it is being molested, then murder afterwards.... well, that would probably be the most preferable way for the child to go. I don't. Your point is moot.

Rogue Jedi
moot.....i dont like that word.

Council#13
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I don't. Your point is moot.

Each to his own, I guess. erm

Fishy
Would the murder or rape of a major politician make a bigger splash, I wonder.... hmm

Murder... Especially if that person has some radical idea's...

Council#13
Are you sure? Imagine Bush getting raped! Or murdered..... hmm

xmarksthespot
The likelihood of the latter is far more than that of the former. Unless Bush gets indicted and imprisoned.

Council#13
Even if he is sent to prison, the latter is less likely than murder.

Rogue Jedi
bush raped by australian bushmen!!!

lord xyz
when you murder, you erase everything they have ever done, and all that they will do. a pedophile victim can have counseling and live a halfway normal life. ....About as stupid as debbiejo's post.

---------------------------

The way I see it, murder and paedophilia have so many different motives: fear, lust, sympathy, revenge etc. there are also different versions of murder and paedophilia. This thread is asking a simple question for a complex answer, which cannot be done. If one would take an average on how bad they rate the different types of paedophilia and murder, then compare the two averages of murder and paedophilia they would get a simple answer...but you can't judge bad. So we're kinda stuck.

If one would say murder is worse than paedophilia, then you're saying that Euthanasia is worse than raping an 8 yr old orphan analy. Again, if you're saying Paedophilia is worse than murder, you're saying being atracted to a young teen is worse than killing a 7,000,000 jews, or rather, Bardock's worse than Hitler.

xmarksthespot
Euthanasia is assisted suicide more than murder.

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by Fishy
I would disagree there, a murder often has a far greater impact on society. Especially when people are killed because of their ideals and if they are known. The murder of one movie maker in this country has done so much more wrong then a hundred rapes have. The murder of one politician can do exactly the same.

For society as a whole murder often has a greater impact

Hmm..you make some interesting points. But I think the murder of one who is innocent and righteous - can have a far more beneficial affect on society, than the molestation of a child. Case in point -- you have heard of martrydom haven't you?(rhetorical question - no need to answer)

lord xyz
Euthanasia is assisted suicide more than murder. Some people class it as murder.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by lord xyz
Some people class it as murder. The term murder requires that the act be due to malicious intent and the act be unjustifiable. Euthanasia entails neither of these qualifiers.

lord xyz
The term murder requires that the act be due to malicious intent and the act be unjustifiable. Euthanasia entails neither of these qualifiers. Hmm, what about passive Euthanasia, you didn't ask the person if they wanted to die, you just killed them because you thought it was best or did something that could've killed the victim but intentionally, it was for something else.

xmarksthespot
Hmm, what about passive Euthanasia, you didn't ask the person if they wanted to die, you just killed them because you wanted to. Then why refer to it as euthanasia. You're killing someone against their wishes. huh

lord xyz
Then why refer to it as euthanasia. You're killing someone against their wishes. huh Okay, I edited that post because I used the wrong words, I do that sometimes...

xmarksthespot
Meh, it is actually classified as murder in most legal systems. I just don't see how it would fit the actual description of murder.

Obviously raping an 8 year old is worse than helping a terminally ill patient die at their request. But I doubt that's the type of "murder" the topic is referring to.

lord xyz
Meh, it is actually classified as murder in most legal systems. I just don't see how it would fit the actual description of murder.

Obviously raping an 8 year old is worse than helping a terminally ill patient die at their request. But I doubt that's the type of "murder" the topic is referring to. Yes but it was a bold question, I don't like it when people generalise.

Fishy
Yes but it was a bold question, I don't like it when people generalise.

in some situations you can assume everybody knows what you mean...

Sometimes it's not needed to explain everything thoroughly, it's like saying in my opinion at the end of every thing you say in a debate, completely useless because it's obviously your opinion.

lord xyz
in some situations you can assume everybody knows what you mean...

Sometimes it's not needed to explain everything thoroughly, it's like saying in my opinion at the end of every thing you say in a debate, completely useless because it's obviously your opinion. Eh?

Lord Urizen
Hmm..you make some interesting points. But I think the murder of one who is innocent and righteous -

so it's only murder if you kill Christians? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Urizen
Murder is worse. The effects are permanent, and irreversible.

Molestation/Rape is horrible, but people have survived and overcome it before.

Fishy
so it's only murder if you kill Christians? roll eyes (sarcastic)

If only Christians can be innocent and righteous...

Besides he did not say that only Christians can become a martyr, others can just as easily...

Lord Urizen
If only Christians can innocent and righteous...

Besides he did not say that only Christians can become a martyr, others can just as easily...

In other threads he stated that only Christians know real Love, and only Christians know true righteousness.

Therefore, if his logic is consistant, then he is basically saying that Murder can only apply to someone who is innocent and righteous...a Christian.

usagi_yojimbo
In other threads he stated that only Christians know real Love, and only Christians know true righteousness.

Therefore, if his logic is consistant, then he is basically saying that Murder can only apply to someone who is innocent and righteous...a Christian.

And the winner of completely distorting words - taking statements out of context, and blatant outright misrepresentation goes to --

Lord Urizen!!

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/11/32916182183.jpg

Tptmanno1
Murder.
Pedophilia is a condition, a term to discribe sexual arousal caused by children. All Pedophiles don't go around raping kids, They could seek counseling and lead a normal life without ever breaking the law.
Murder is the act of killign someone. I would say an act is worse than a condition. The question almost doesn't even matter. Its almost like saying What is worse, schizophrenia or Grand Larceny?

usagi_yojimbo
And the winner of completely distorting words - taking statements out of context, and blatant outright misrepresentation goes to --

Lord Urizen!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-11/1229852/Liarsaward.JPG

Fixed for the sake of clarity(of the initial putdown).

Victor Von Doom
Am I right in thinking that at some point during this thread, the question arose of whether it is better to kill then molest, rather than molest and then kill?

If that part wasn't imaginary, surely I hallucinated the part about the former being worse because the spirit of the child would observe the act?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Am I right in thinking that at some point during this thread, the question arose of whether it is better to kill then molest, rather than molest and then kill?

If that part wasn't imaginary, surely I hallucinated the part about the former being worse because the spirit of the child would observe the act? No you're not hallucinating. The ethereal child sprite recoils in terror and phantom pain through a residual connection at watching his body, while slowly succumbing to rigor mortis, being defiled by the murdering rapist necrophile.

Victor Von Doom
No you're not hallucinating. The ethereal child sprite recoils in terror and phantom pain through a residual connection at watching his body, while slowly succumbing to rigor mortis, being defiled by the murdering rapist necrophile.

At least it's a boy. Not so terrible.

Just say he wasn't American and I'll actually be able to picture it with ease.

Bardock42
Okay, the last three post made me decide to actually read this thread. Just thought I'd tell ya'll before I do it. Which would be now. Well...not now. But once I finished this post and clicked on the first page. So...pretty shortly after now.

xmarksthespot
At least it's a boy. Not so terrible.

Just say he wasn't American and I'll actually be able to picture it with ease. Pre-teen Thai boy in a hovel in shantytown?

Now KMC's going to come up on a whole bunch of twisted people's google searches.

BackFire
A murdering Pedophile, obviously.

I win!

Bardock42
What the hell...why did I get mentioned in this thread. Very weird.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Bardock42
What the hell...why did I get mentioned in this thread. Very weird. Because you're a Nazi swine, obviously.

Victor Von Doom
Pre-teen Thai boy in a hovel in shantytown?

Now KMC's going to come up on a whole bunch of twisted people's google searches.

Bardock already has it bookmarked.

Quiero Mota
So, what is worse:

Pedophiles

Bardock42
Bardock already has it bookmarked.

I am just curious. Don't blame me.

Because you're a Nazi swine, obviously.

Just cause I don't like jewish folks?

BackFire
I am just curious. Don't blame me.

Just cause I don't like jewish folks?

OMFG WTF THATS NOT COOL BANNED BANNED BANNED!

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
OMFG WTF THATS NOT COOL BANNED BANNED BANNED!

I can't blame you. I deserve it weep

xmarksthespot
I can't blame you. I deserve it weep What with being a murdering pedonecrophile.

Bardock42
What with being a murdering pedonecrophile.

I prefer the term necropedophile...I'd chose a corpse over a kid. I mean it doesn't really matter (to the kid), but for accuracy's sake.

debbiejo
Stupid.

Not really, less prisons and less psychological problems for in fact none for those victims

Strangelove
What with being a murdering pedonecrophile. Homopedonecrobestiality sick

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Not really, less prisons and less psychological problems for in fact none for those victims

Wait, if a child molester is killed there aren't any psychological problems for said child? ...why?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo

You didn't think that through, did you?

I can only refer you to my previous reply.

Alpha Centauri
Why are there people actually saying the former rather than the latter?

Moreover, why are those with a bit of sense too scared to jump the fence and say "Taking an actual life is worse."?

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why are there people actually saying the former rather than the latter?

Moreover, why are those with a bit of sense too scared to jump the fence and say "Taking an actual life is worse."?

-AC

Cause I don't believe in worse.

xmarksthespot
Most people have said murder is worse. Bardock's German, he doesn't count as people.

Alpha Centauri
If the war in Iraq was filled with mass molestation and zero killing, would people be saying it's worse than it is now?

No death toll, but all molestation.

-AC

Bardock42
Most people have said murder is worse. Bardock's German, he doesn't count as people.
You are neither white nor black. Shut up.

If the war in Iraq was filled with mass molestation and zero killing, would people be saying it's worse than it is now?

No death toll, but all molestation.

-AC

Probably. People get weird about molestation. And what a freaking sick place would that be.

xmarksthespot
You are neither white nor black. Shut up.What else is there?

Bardock42
What else is there?

Exactly.

PVS
whats worse? someone who has a psychological disorder in which they are sexually attracted to children....or someone who murders people? is that a serious question?

ok, ill load it for you: whats worse? someone who actively rapes children or someone who murders people? again, is that a serious question?

The Pict
Murder is the worst crime a person can commit.

ThePittman
IMO Pedophiles are the worst, for one the damage that is cause by what they do has life long implications on the child and normally cause a cycle of abuse in the future. Also with this mentally it is pretty much non-curable and they have a high degree of committing this crime again with greater harm. Murders on the other hand either do this out of some type of revenge or extreme hatred and rarely keep killing after caught. Their aggression is normally directed at certain individuals and stops there with exceptions. With murders their normally only around 1 to 3 killings per person and with pedophiles they can and normally exceed this amount which also has been show that their survivors either commit the same types of crimes, kill them selves or others so this breads back into the killing population.

PVS
ah the good ol' "lets declare that a metaphorical death is the same as death"

ThePittman

PVS
Originally posted by ThePittman
Not sure if you are referring to me but what is worse a quick death and the pain is over or leaving the rest of you life with the knowledge of what happened to you?

living and breathing with bad memories as opposed to rotting in the dirt and being consumed by worms, ceasing to be? you want me to answer that? really?

ThePittman

PVS
no, i just think you're trying to downplay being DEAD. roll eyes (sarcastic)

also, please dont load the question with anecdotal hypothetical evidence. its pointless. ill prove it:

example one: wife hires a hitman to kill her faithful and loyal husband, just to cash in on his insurance

example two: 20 year old guy labled a peadophile and rapist for having consentual sex with a 17 year old.

see? pointless

botankus
On a similar note...I'd just like to say that rapists and murderers are among the lowest scum this Earth has ever seen.

That being said, you know how they bring out the prisoners in their orange jump suits about halfway through traffic court for their sentencing?

Well, one time was in traffic court and here come the jump suit guys. They went through the first couple of guys and the judge said something like, "Antonio Roberts...first degree murder," "Ben Smith...second degree murder," and so on, and the most anyone in the audience did was yawn. THEN, they bring out a guy and the judge is like "Tom Springs...rape" and the level of synchronous gasping in that courtroom was the most intense I'd ever heard. The next guy was in for murder, so everyone went back to sleep.

I'm not saying one's worse than the other, but I thought that was a very interesting scenario.

ThePittman

PVS

ThePittman

Victor Von Doom

pr1983
The more disturbing motive? Paedophilia (i mean, to want to do that to someone... its disgusting imo. People can kill each other over anything nowadays, all it takes is to be incredibly greedy (in the case of muggings) or simply an assh*le: 'you insult me so i'll blow your brains out' charming...

The worst crime? Murder (Obviously imo, its someones entire life, gone. just like that.)

So murder is worse...

Just my two cents and so on.

PVS
im insulted that you didnt include timothy dalton in your sig.
i have nothing more to say to you

ThePittman
Someone kills someone. Then someone who knew someone kills the first someone for killing the second someone. The third someone is then killed by a fourth someone who knew the second someone. Then everyone kills everyone.

All because you claim murder is better than paedophilia. I hope you can live with yourself. Possibly literally, if that scenario plays out. Give me a fricking break, really how often does that really happen, maybe in gangs but in real life that happen very rarely and I mean rarely. Does the mother that lost her child kill the person that did it? Does she want to yes but does she do it? The likelihood of someone that is abuse as a child committing crimes or suicide compared to someone that lost someone due to murder is not even comparable. You have missed my point entirely, even if someone killed the person that killed that person in normally stops there because in the mind of most civilized people that is an eye for an eye but if you convict the person or killed the person that raped you child that kid is still distraught and studies have shown to still commit crimes. If you scenario played out there would be no one left but sexually abuse children have a higher percentage of committing the same crime.

debbiejo
Someone kills someone. Then someone who knew someone kills the first someone for killing the second someone. The third someone is then killed by a fourth someone who knew the second someone. Then everyone kills everyone.

All because you claim murder is better than paedophilia. I hope you can live with yourself. Possibly literally, if that scenario plays out. The McCoys VS....ummm I don't remember...hmmm....oh the Hatfield's???? ..Feuds.............. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThePittman
Let me put this scenario to you all. What would cause you more pain as a parent that your child is dead or that you get to live with your child as they try and deal with the fact that they were abused by your cousin or what ever knowing that they may kill themselves, live in depression or never be able to get over this, listening to there cries at night and folding in on themselves? Can people get over being abuse, yes but it changes them forever and they are never the same again so in essence they have been killed and they will never be that person again.

redcaped
So, what is worse:
Someone who touches children, or someone who kills people (on purpose)? A slide of pizza

Rogue Jedi
being killed and being molested are totally different. i cant believe they are being compared.

Roulette
So, what is worse:

Murderers.

Pedophiles are sick people, but murderers are worse....they're on a completely different level.

Victor Von Doom
Give me a fricking break, really how often does that really happen

Why, it happened yesterday.

Does the mother that lost her child kill the person that did it? Does she want to yes but does she do it? The likelihood of someone that is abuse as a child committing crimes or suicide compared to someone that lost someone due to murder is not even comparable. You have missed my point entirely, even if someone killed the person that killed that person in normally stops there because in the mind of most civilized people that is an eye for an eye but if you convict the person or killed the person that raped you child that kid is still distraught and studies have shown to still commit crimes. If you scenario played out there would be no one left but sexually abuse children have a higher percentage of committing the same crime.

I didn't miss your point, I was satirising it. It's not even relevant to the question.

Globally destructive nuclear holocaust: can only happen once.

Drug crimes- can turn into a continual cycle.

Which is worse? Don't deviate from your own logic- which is worse?

Secondly, did I just read you saying 'even if someone killed the person that killed that person in normally stops there because in the mind of most civilized people that is an eye for an eye' ?

Are you seriously claiming that revenge murders stop after the first retaliation, because someone is going to say 'ah well. That's quite clearly an eye for an eye- let's leave it at that' ?

It's comical how the murderers named in the thread title are apparently good old fashioned murderers, kill one and be done.

The paedophiles seem to be rampant lunatics creating worldwide butterfly effects of touching.

xmarksthespot
The paedophiles seem to be rampant lunatics creating worldwide butterfly effects of touching. Hmm... somehow you made molestation seem whimsical.

Alpha Centauri
If anything, paedophila is the better option BECAUSE the person can actually carry on living. Yet it seems to be the argument for it being worse.

Continual effects and trauma from paedophilia differ from person to person, murder results in death without exception, and for eternity.

-AC

Bardock42
If anything, paedophila is the better option BECAUSE the person can actually carry on living. Yet it seems to be the argument for it being worse.

Continual effects and trauma from paedophilia differ from person to person, murder results in death without exception, and for eternity.

-AC

Yeah, well, but they are still dead. So they won't care too much I assume.

Victor Von Doom
Hmm... somehow you made molestation seem whimsical.

Are you jealous?

On another note: would you (plural) prefer a close friend or family member to be murdered or abused?

Bardock42
Are you jealous?

On another note: would you (plural) prefer a close friend or family member to be murdered or abused? One I like, I assume. I don't know. I guess whatever they would prefer.

Victor Von Doom
Ever the pragmatist (bastard).

xmarksthespot
Are you jealous?

On another note: would you (plural) prefer a close friend or family member to be murdered or abused? That's quite the loaded question. I'm assuming this is an absolute either or situation and that I must make the decision independently. Long story short, I'd rather let him or her stay over with Batman than Joker.

Victor Von Doom
That's quite the loaded question. I'm assuming this is an absolute either or situation. Long story short, I'd rather let him or her stay over with Batman than Joker.

Bardock will be annoyed (or overjoyed) with that implication.

Bardock42
That's quite the loaded question. I'm assuming this is an absolute either or situation and that I must make the decision independently. Long story short, I'd rather let him or her stay over with Batman than Joker.
Not bad, not bad.

Bardock42
Bardock will be annoyed (or overjoyed) with that implication.

This happens to be true. I think I typed out 4 to 5 different replies to it, one more insane than the other due to me not being sure if I liked it or hated it. I then settled for the most reasonable one. I have so much self control.

ThePittman

xmarksthespot
This happens to be true. I think I typed out 4 to 5 different replies to it, one more insane than the other due to me not being sure if I liked it or hated it. I then settled for the most reasonable one. I have so much self control. You're the model of self-control. I commend you. I'd knight you if I managed to kill the Queen and assume her lizard throne.

Victor Von Doom

ThePittman

Victor Von Doom

ThePittman

PVS
you fail to grasp the point that circumstantial evidence is useless on BOTH SIDES.
thats why people including myself have countered your anecdodal posts with anecdotal rebuttals. they are not meant to be debated, but rather meant to prove a point: its a logical fallacy and has no place in this or any debate. sorry, but that is fact.

people become depressed and kill themselves because they were molested. does that make it rational? because people have killed themselves? and what is the direct cause of that? molestation? no, its depression. indirect cause is molestation, but there are many other indirect causes for such deep depression. i would wager that the greatest statistical cause of depression to suicide has nothing at all to do with any crime, let alone rape. suicide is an irrational act by a depressed person (outside of the taliban anyway) and thus you cannot tie rationallity to it.

point: many people commit suicide over depression from being rejected, alienated, betrayed etc. to them, death is more acceptable than this. does that mean we should apply it to the logic of our system of law? i would bet that most suicides involve a failed relationship. most i ever hear about involve just that. a woman finds out her hubby is screwing around and decides death is better than having to live with it...so now we can submit that to the "worse than death" hall of fame? should adultery be considered worse than murder?

a desperate act of a person in the deepest pit of irrational depression is no basis for philosophy of what is better/worse than death

Atlantis001
So, what is worse:

A pedophile who is also a murderer !?

Alpha Centauri

ThePittman
I do grasp the point, and I have said MANY times if you count just the crime itself and nothing else then murder is greater then pedophile, but when is it ever that black and white? If you kill someone they look at the reasons why you killed them and what was you mental status so that makes one killing justified and the other a crime.

It still has cause and effect and you can directly link the rape to the mental trauma and suicide and there have been cases where the rapist was tried for murder because of it. For me it is worse living your life in pain and suffering then death, I would rather die then be tortured for the rest of my life.

ThePittman

Bardock42
Yes, yes, **** you folks, neither is worse generaly. And either can be worse for the person that it is done to or people that know the person.

GrillingNemo
both are horrible but you can't bring the dead back.

Alpha Centauri

ThePittman

Victor Von Doom
I do grasp the point, and I have said MANY times if you count just the crime itself and nothing else then murder is greater then pedophile, but when is it ever that black and white?

Hmm.

In a thread called, 'What's worse: Pedophiles or Murderers?' maybe.

ThePittman

Victor Von Doom

Soleran
So it's subjective in terms of opinion? Well then, every question is open-ended. Why ever debate?

Um opinions by their very nature are subjective.

If someone wants to debate close ended questioning vs open ended questioning that is very simple to do and to prove which is which.

ThePittman

Victor Von Doom

Lord Urizen
In general Murderers are worse because what they do always has permanent affects, while what child molestors do don't always ruin the lives of the person who was molested.

However, without generalizing, it really depends on the individual situation. As much as I don't care for Bardock, I agree with him on one thing: It depends on the person whose suffering it.

I would rather get shot in the head, then have some psycho rapist f*ck me with a knife.

aclj
Pedophiles... especially those who are involved in politics and even more especially those who portray themselves as advocates of "pro-family" and "anti-pedophilia" or "anti-homosexual" or whatnot.

Victor Von Doom

I would rather get shot in the head, then have some psycho rapist f*ck me with a knife.

That's a fair point (I suppose), but that's a quick murder contrasted against the world's post insane paedophile. Slightly unfair comparison.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by aclj
Pedophiles... especially those who are involved in politics and even more especially those who portray themselves as advocates of "pro-family" and "anti-pedophilia" or "anti-homosexual" or whatnot.

Reason?

aclj
Reason? Mark Foley

Victor Von Doom
Mankind?

ThePittman

Lord Urizen
That's a fair point (I suppose), but that's a quick murder contrasted against the world's post insane paedophile. Slightly unfair comparison.

Well that's just it, it depends on the individual situation. I think that's the only true conclusion any of us could reach.

Again, I would rather somebody fondle me balls then slash my throat...

Victor Von Doom

ThePittman
I use bitter because you seem to like belittling people and trying to prove you superiority over others and that to me is not lighting up and being bitter but that is just my opinion so take it as you want.

Just for you smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>