Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tek888
who wins? i think kenobi. speedadvantage and better specialeffects to make him look more deadly:P

((The_Anomaly))
j00 r a n00bzor!1 lolz

Tek888
why am i a noob? youre a idiotmessed

Darth Subjekt
you're a noob because of this thread...haven't we seen this fight...twice?

Council#13
He's asking a perfectly innocent question! He might also be talking about two different Kenobi and Vader eras (e.g. TPM Obi-Wan vs. Dark Lord book Vader)

Darth Subjekt
well then he's a noob for not elaborating on the circumstances, as he would know to do if he had been here for a while.

Council#13
It's not very nice to call someone a noob just because they are unfamiliar with the rules. You should call someone a noob if they break the rules without knowing it and when you try to correct them, they bash you intensely.

Prodigal Knight
Dude, he only has 47 posts and he signed up this month. Welcome! And he's more of a newb than a noob. And if this is TESB Vader, he wins. If it's RODV, then it might go either way with probably Kenobi (ROTS) winning. If this is ANH Kenobi, then Vader wins.

Tek888
rots obiwan

Darth Subjekt
lol...i was just following Anomaly's lead out of boredom.

and why is he already restricted...hmmm

Prodigal Knight
Check out his posts, you might find something ( I didn't check).

Darth Subjekt
if you smeeeeeeelllllll, what the SOCK...is cookin!!!!

yettoh
and tek888 has got a point if we look obi wan let darth kill him
and if its rots obi hes younger and can outmach vader in speed as vader and obi lost strengh in theier agin and vader because of his suit as well cos it ways hium down

Darth Subjekt
huh blink what the hell did that say? Just cause OB1 "quit" is in no way indicative of the ultimate outcome. I could just as easily say that he knew he couldn't win/escape and gave up...you don't know that OB1 would have won. And people seem to forget that, yes Vader had a suit that might weigh more, but he also has cybernetic enhancements to aid with strength. And not even ROTS ob1 can match Vader's force mastery. What good is being faster and younger when you have the force choking the shit out of you?

Gotta go get the son a haircut...I'll finish later...

The Planet
Raw force power isn't quite the same as force defence. There have been many occasions where someone weaker in the force has defended against the stronger.

Darth Subjekt
ok, if that was to me, you may want to reread what i wrote. I said force mastery, not raw force power. And no, OB1 would not be able to contend with Vader in the force. He couldn't when he was Anakin, and after learning a controlled darkside (which takes immense mastery of the force) aspect of the force, there's no way in hell he could contend with Vader.

The Planet
By that, I meant offensive use of the force isn't quite the same as defence against the force. I doubt Vader would just be able to force choke him.

Darth Subjekt
are you kidding? Dooku did quite easily, and Vader has more darkside training and a stronger bond with the force. I honestly believe that in a contest of force powers, OB1 couldn't touch Vader.

The Planet
Dooku was only able to do so while he caught Obi-Wan offguard in the middle of a parry, to state that Vader would be able to instantly kill him with a choke is ridiculous. Also, any proof that Vader > Dooku with the force.

Darth Subjekt
Any proof to the contrary? Last I remember, Anakin wtfpwned Dooku and walked away with his saber. And don't use lightning as a power booster, it's a technique learned, not a feat based on power, but rather on knowledge. I don't see how you can be "off guard" in a fight with someone that can out right kick your ass. Sounds kinda lame to me to be honest. Also, the word instantly never came out of mouth (keyboard, whatever), I said what good would being younger and faster be if you were caught in a choke.

For examples of Anakin's/Vader's power in the force, look in the Respect thread and watch the OT. Choking someone on a completely different ship from god knows how far apart, is pretty amazing, What has Dooku done?

The Planet
Asking me to prove a negative?

This is relevant to the force, how?

Did I say anything in contrary?

You miss my point. Dooku had to pull off a impromptu force power while dueling Obi-Wan to take him out with the force.

Very well.

Well I'm heading off to bed now, so I'll post some stuff tomorrow, but really, I was just being a dick. I agree with the argument that Vader > Dooku in the force.

Darth Subjekt
lol, good shit...all good man. Talk to ya later...

DarthAnt66
Kenobi wins in Canon.

Beniboybling
Vader ragdolls.

TenebrousWay
Obi Wan already won. smile

|King Joker|
http://i.makeagif.com/media/1-14-2017/0xajDf.gif

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Nah dooku blindsided kenobi!!!!!! using superior speed is cheating!!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
Kenobi wins.

|King Joker|
Tbh Dooku ragdolling Kenobi there is a feat that doesn't get mentioned as much as it should, IMO. It was total domination.

cs_zoltan
It's mentioned all the f-ucking time, and it wasn't smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
and it wasn't smile ahaha good one zoltan

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Nah dooku blindsided kenobi!!!!!! using superior speed is cheating!!!!!!!!!

What?

cs_zoltan
ahaha good one zoltan

Wouldn't expect someone to understand who thinks assoka landing a puny push on Vader is impressive, and the reason Vader didn't ragdoll assoka is because he can't not becuase he chose not to.

Deronn_solo
Vader without a doubt.

|King Joker|
Wouldn't expect someone to understand who thinks assoka landing a puny push on Vader is impressive, The one who thinks it isn't impressive thinks this:
Isn't domination

Ngl your opinion on Ahsoka's push makes me feel more secured in my opinion, thanks Zoltan <333

and the reason Vader didn't ragdoll assoka is because he can't not becuase he chose not to. Does anyone actually take this stance seriously nowadays? That's been the go-to excuse for Vader cocksuckers and it gets more and more ridiculous every time it's brought up.

cs_zoltan
The one who thinks it isn't impressive thinks this:
Isn't domination

Ngl your opinion on Ahsoka's push makes me feel more secured in my opinion, thanks Zoltan <333

Eh, noone thinks assoka's push is impressive beside you and Beni. And yeah, unlike you I'm aware of the context of Dooku's feat Mr. "I don't know shit about Legends" smile

Does anyone actually take this stance seriously nowadays? That's been the go-to excuse for Vader cocksuckers and it gets more and more ridiculous every time it's brought up.

I guess you also think he can't ragdoll Ben either, who was noted to be way below RotS Kenobi, someone you think Dooku wrecks, ergo assoka <<< Kenobi? No I didn't think so, weird how this works.

|King Joker|
Eh, noone thinks assoka's push is impressive beside you and Beni. If telling yourself that makes you feel better more power to you, Mr. "I admittedly lowball Ahsoka because her feats are too impressive" smile

And yeah, unlike you I'm aware of the context of Dooku's feat Mr. "I don't know shit about Legends" smile The context where Kenobi fails to prevent himself from getting ragdolled twice, yeah

I guess you also think he can't ragdoll Ben either, who was noted to be way below RotS Kenobi, someone you think Dooku wrecks, ergo assoka <<< Kenobi? No I didn't think so, weird how this works. I'd love to see the RotS Kenobi >>> Ben in the Force quote

Also your scaling is asinine even considering your sarcasm, try again

cs_zoltan
If telling yourself that makes you feel better more power to you, Mr. "I admittedly lowball Ahsoka because her feats are too impressive" smile

Yes, because you are obviously not biased, beside you'd only have a case if it were only me. As it stands I'm not alone. Soooo, nice try I guess?

The context where Kenobi fails to prevent himself from getting ragdolled twice, yeah

You need to familiarize yourself what ragdoll means. And yes he did, but not the way you think.

I'd love to see the RotS Kenobi >>> Ben in the Force quote

Originally posted by Beniboybling
"Your powers are weak old man." smile

Also your scaling is asinine even considering your sarcasm, try again

If Kenobi >>>> Ben, and Ben ~ assoka then it's totally legit. If you'd drop the ridiculous double standards, you could see it.

carthage
Vader kills his former master again

|King Joker|
Yes, because you are obviously not biased, Probably less so than you, who parades around spelling Ahsoka "assoka" lmfao

beside you'd only have a case if it were only me. As it stands I'm not alone. Soooo, nice try I guess? I'm aware people besides you don't think the feat is impressive lmao, I was originally responding to your insinuation that I'm wrong in my interpretation of Dooku's feat because of my opinion on Ahsoka's feat by citing your own ridiculous view on the Dooku feat

You're acting as if literally everyone else doesn't think Ahsoka's feat is impressive besides Beni and I, which is honestly hilarious because it's 1. factually false and 2. I'm supposed to give a shit if it was true? Half the people who shit on Ahsoka do it due to their own separate agendas anyways lol

You need to familiarize yourself what ragdoll means. Alright got it I know exactly the place to see a perfect representation of a ragdoll

And yes he did, but not the way you think. By getting smashed around the ship, right

"Your powers are weak old man." smile
Or maybe he was taunting him.

smile

If Kenobi >>>> Ben, and Ben ~ assoka then it's totally legit. But it isn't because your proposed power levels are retarded

If you'd drop the ridiculous double standards, you could see it. https://media.tenor.co/images/49a7adb6cb21904594c9c696d0b3fd6a/raw

I'm not the one relying on the "Vader just decided not to use the force" argument that is used near-constantly now to excuse away Vader's performances whenever he doesn't do as well as you want him to. Besides, the likelihood of Ben Kenobi being > RotS Kenobi in the Force in the new canon is very high

UCanShootMyNova
Obi Wan ragdolls him.

ares834
I'm not the one relying on the "Vader just decided not to use the force" argument that is used near-constantly now to excuse away Vader's performances whenever he doesn't do as well as you want him to.

You mean, like what happens all the ****ing time in SW?

|King Joker|
Usually against non-Force users tbh

cs_zoltan
Probably less so than you, who parades around spelling Ahsoka "assoka" lmfao

As blatant I'm about it, you are still more biased smile

I'm aware people besides you don't think the feat is impressive lmao, I was originally responding to your insinuation that I'm wrong in my interpretation of Dooku's feat because of my opinion on Ahsoka's feat by citing your own ridiculous view on the Dooku feat

And my ad hominem was originially a response to you deliberately ignoring the context of Dooku's feat while reading everything you possible can into assoka's.

You're acting as if literally everyone else doesn't think Ahsoka's feat is impressive besides Beni and I, which is honestly hilarious because it's 1. factually false and

Eh, no. You pretended I'm the only one who thinks it isn't impressive when 1. that's factually false smile

2. I'm supposed to give a shit if it was true? Half the people who shit on Ahsoka do it due to their own separate agendas anyways lol

Right, everyone has an agenda but you and Beni, and DMB. Is that right? Then name someone other than me or Sel who in your view lowballs assoka smile

Alright got it I know exactly the place to see a perfect representation of a ragdoll

By getting smashed around the ship, right

Repeatedly bringing up the same out of context feat that started our argument suppose to mean something? You got a lot to learn about shit talking kid.

But it isn't because your proposed power levels are retarded

Ben is a shadow of his former self, meaning he's significantly below his prime. Ben performed similarly enough to assoka against a more powerful/experienced Vader. I can see why it would look retarded to a blatant fanboy tbh.

I'm not the one relying on the "Vader just decided not to use the force" argument that is used near-constantly now to excuse away Vader's performances whenever he doesn't do as well as you want him to.

Which is a legit argument, you shitting on it just makes you look bad tbh. Sith sometimes elect not to use the force. You somehow only using the logic "if he didn't, he can't" with Vader is kinda pathetic.

What about Maul vs Kenobi, Jinn in TPM? What about Maul vs Kenobi on the shuttle in TCW? What about Maul vs Bruu Jun-Fan in The Sith Hunters? What about Dooku vs Kenobi and Anakin in AotC? Or Dooku vs Kenobi in TCW S6?

Besides, the likelihood of Ben Kenobi being > RotS Kenobi in the Force in the new canon is very high

We can get back to that once it becomes a fact, but it has nothing to do with my original point.

|King Joker|
As blatant I'm about it, you are still more biased smile Sure buddy, whatever you say. smile

And my ad hominem was originially a response to you deliberately ignoring the context of Dooku's feat while reading everything you possible can into assoka's. You keep bringing up this 'context' that supposedly excuses away the fact Kenobi got ragdolled but you've yet to actually mention what it is yet. I hope you're not referring to the junior novelization, lmao.

Eh, no. You pretended I'm the only one who thinks it isn't impressive when 1. that's factually false smile No, I just did the exact thing you did to me. smile

Right, everyone has an agenda but you and Beni, and DMB. Is that right? Because that's what I said

Then name someone other than me or Sel who in your view lowballs assoka smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgxzQVGkTHk&t=0m55s

Repeatedly bringing up the same out of context feat that started our argument suppose to mean something? You got a lot to learn about shit talking kid. If it got you triggered enough to insight this 'discussion' then here you go:

Ben is a shadow of his former self, meaning he's significantly below his prime. He could be a shittier combatant yet more powerful to prevent a ragdoll.

Ben performed similarly enough to assoka against a more powerful/experienced Vader. I don't recall Vader being amped on the Death Star, do you? smile

I can see why it would look retarded to a blatant fanboy tbh. Yawn. Fanboy accusations don't prove your point and are hilariously ironic coming from the resident Kenobi **********, but if projection is your preferred defense mechanism I won't discourage you smile

Which is a legit argument, you shitting on it just makes you look bad tbh. Sith sometimes elect not to use the force. You somehow only using the logic "if he didn't, he can't" with Vader is kinda pathetic. If you had actual proof Vader was holding back his abilities and that he could ragdoll Ahsoka whenever he wanted, then maybe I'd be like 'Hey, I can see where he's coming from', but you don't, and when Vader doesn't use the Force, your automatic assumption, without any critical thinking, is 'yeah, he totally could have ragdolled the entire time'. But if we look at modern canon fights with Vader, we see he doesn't really neglect using the Force, 1. vs. Kanan and Ezra where one of his opening moves was a Force push, then after that he completely dominates Ezra, and it was all while ****ing around with them -- 2. against Karbin where he basically immediately slammed him on the ground with the Force.

What about Maul vs Kenobi, Jinn in TPM? Is Maul not noted specifically that he holds back his powers? BTW, I obviously don't think that *every* fight where someone doesn't use the Force against their enemy means they can't.

What about Maul vs Kenobi on the shuttle in TCW? Wasn't Maul just getting back into the swing of things during that fight, since he was pretty recently physically restored by Talzin? Who knows if he actually could have effectively used the Force against Kenobi there.

What about Maul vs Bruu Jun-Fan in The Sith Hunters? Haven't read the comic and I don't care enough to find it so ~whatever~

What about Dooku vs Kenobi and Anakin in AotC? You mean the fight where he electrocutes Anakin and slams him against a wall and attempts to electrocute Kenobi after? Regardless, Dooku was trolling the shit out of them in AotC.

Or Dooku vs Kenobi in TCW S6? Good point -- probably because his martial abilities were already humiliating Kenobi.

We can get back to that once it becomes a fact, but it has nothing to do with my original point. I've kind of forgotten what the original point was at this point, this whole thing is getting pretty boring and forgettable tbh

Emperordmb
What the **** is up with people who blatantly despise a character accusing that character's fans of being so extremely biased due to their preference for the character, despite the fact that the same people levying these accusations at times seem to be even more obsessed with the character in question, but in the opposite direction. After three years on this forum, I've seen this repeat with various different characters, fans, and haters, and it's honestly pretty ****ing retarded all things considered.

Beniboybling
Shu'up Bane whore. smile

cs_zoltan
You keep bringing up this 'context' that supposedly excuses away the fact Kenobi got ragdolled but you've yet to actually mention what it is yet. I hope you're not referring to the junior novelization, lmao.

Maybe because you never asked. When I said Dooku didn't dominate Kenobi your reaction was:

ahaha good one zoltan

So instead of asking what I base that on, you rather started a pissing contest. And people wonder why sw debating is dead smile

And yes, it's the junior novel. I suppose you have a legit argument to the contrary instead of just laughing it off again?

I don't recall Vader being amped on the Death Star, do you? smile

Show me a quote that says Vader was amped on Malachor. A specific one, not a vague opinion about a vague ability when the guy even admited he doesn't know shit and refered to Filoni.

Yawn. Fanboy accusations don't prove your point and are hilariously ironic coming from the resident Kenobi **********, but if projection is your preferred defense mechanism I won't discourage you smile

You mean unlike your ad hominems about me being an assoka hater? Sure you stand on a moral high ground...in some fantasy of yours.

If you had actual proof Vader was holding back his abilities and that he could ragdoll Ahsoka whenever he wanted, then maybe I'd be like 'Hey, I can see where he's coming from', but you don't, and when Vader doesn't use the Force, your automatic assumption, without any critical thinking, is 'yeah, he totally could have ragdolled the entire time'. But if we look at modern canon fights with Vader, we see he doesn't really neglect using the Force, 1. vs. Kanan and Ezra where one of his opening moves was a Force push, then after that he completely dominates Ezra, and it was all while ****ing around with them -- 2. against Karbin where he basically immediately slammed him on the ground with the Force.

Because it's a retarded assumption to make, as I pointed out in my previous post. You can make all the mental gymnastics you want, but as long as we don't see Vader actually fail to ragdoll assoka, or assoka shows TK feats that would logically put her out of ragdoll range it's all unsubstantiated fan theory.

I've kind of forgotten what the original point was at this point, this whole thing is getting pretty boring and forgettable tbh

It was about whether Dooku dominated Kenobi or was just an opportune ragdoll. We could've cut out all this crap if you wouldn't be so butthurt smile

Originally posted by Emperordmb
What the **** is up with people who blatantly despise a character accusing that character's fans of being so extremely biased due to their preference for the character, despite the fact that the same people levying these accusations at times seem to be even more obsessed with the character in question, but in the opposite direction. After three years on this forum, I've seen this repeat with various different characters, fans, and haters, and it's honestly pretty ****ing retarded all things considered.

Except I'm not? I always get dragged into this bullshits by the assoka wankers. Most of the time I don't even comment on her, but once I do I get wall of texts for 57 directions. Like last time, not even a week ago, I just tried to point out a fallacious argument Joker made and ended up with a 3 pages shit slingging with Beni...

Beniboybling
As I recall, it started with you saying Ahsoka had a faster learning curve than the Chosen One among other brain farts. Kek. smile

Darth Thor
What does the junior novelisation say about Kenobi vs Dooku?

cs_zoltan
As I recall, it started with you saying Ahsoka had a faster learning curve than the Chosen One among other brain farts. Kek. smile

It was started by whether assoka is a writer's pet or not, for which your reply was that she's a prodigy, as if the writers didn't make her one.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What does the junior novelisation say about Kenobi vs Dooku?

That he could've countered the choke but it was too fast.

Darth Thor
Interesting. Although that would mean Dooku is faster, and hence a better duelist.

Edit- but then Kenobi obviously duels much better against Ani.

cs_zoltan
Well in a force exchange sure, that's not the same as moving faster tho, for which a case could be made either way. Anyhow Dooku being more powerful, and a better duelist was never in question, just the extent of it.

Deronn_solo
Zoltan stay making lame excuses for Kenobi's mediocre Force defenses against powerhouses. smile

cs_zoltan
Keep wanking of flashy feats, it's easier smile

DarthDuelist9
Shu'up Bane whore. smile

You might turn out to be acceptable after all.

Rockydonovang
dooku ragdolled kenobi coz he's faster, fine, he can still ragdoll kenob ibecause he's still fatser

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
You might turn out to be acceptable after all. https://68.media.tumblr.com/546f666b0f364c6e3f167a9270b94244/tumblr_nw2p56nTgG1uf9p92o2_500.gif

SunRazer
The junior novel says Obi-Wan tried to counter the Choke, but it was too fast.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Zoltan stay making lame excuses for Kenobi's mediocre Force defenses against powerhouses. smile This cannot be a serious post.

|King Joker|
Maybe because you never asked. When I said Dooku didn't dominate Kenobi your reaction was:

So instead of asking what I base that on, you rather started a pissing contest. And people wonder why sw debating is dead smile Usually when people dispute a viewpoint because of a certain 'context' someone's ignored, they mention it right off the bat. And if you haven't noticed, I hardly gave a shit about this conversation enough to 'properly' address your excuses, as was obvious from my non-serious "ahaha" comment aimed towards banter, plus the fact I'm not going to put in the effort to counter a point you didn't even flesh out.

And yes, it's the junior novel. I suppose you have a legit argument to the contrary instead of just laughing it off again? "Do you have a legitimate argument against my desperate excuse???" Sure, 1. just because the text mentioned Kenobi was about to 'counter' Dooku, doesn't mean he actually would have been successful in his attempt; this is common ****ing sense. The text stating that Kenobi "reached for the Force to counter Dooku" is not definitive proof he could have broken free or prevented himself from getting in that position in the first place -- and either way, Dooku being fast enough to render Kenobi's attempts at a counter worthless is a point in Dooku's favor, and previously Dooku already floored Kenobi's ass while having Anakin to deal with, so I find it unlikely that Dooku couldn't make Kenobi his ***** whenever he wanted with telekinesis.

Show me a quote that says Vader was amped on Malachor. A specific one, not a vague opinion about a vague ability when the guy even admited he doesn't know shit and refered to Filoni. Absolutely ****ing hilarious that you want a specific quote about Vader being ampled on Malachor yet you've completely failed to show an explicit quote regarding RotS Kenobi > ANH Kenobi in the Force. But yes, it's called common sense: The Inquisitors were capable of using their flight ability because they were on Malachor, i.e. a Sith homeworld that has ancient corpses ridden all over the ground, and a Sith holocron at the center of the temple (basically, what would be described in a dictionary as a "dark side nexus"wink. If the Inquisitors can use powers they were unable to use outside of Malachor, then I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume Vader also benefitted from Malachor. Sorry I don't have an actual "Vader was amped on Malachor!" quote, but I'm assuming common sense should suffice, right?

You mean unlike your ad hominems about me being an assoka hater? Sure you stand on a moral high ground...in some fantasy of yours. Which came after you going "u dunt knoww shit bc u theenk this ahsoka feat is impressive!!!!11!!1!" Boo hoo, stop crying about ad hominems when that's basically exactly what this has been since the discussion began, and you're hardly innocent yourself.

Because it's a retarded assumption to make, as I pointed out in my previous post. In which the examples you brought forth were utter horseshit? Lol, okay.

You can make all the mental gymnastics you want, but as long as we don't see Vader actually fail to ragdoll assoka, or assoka shows TK feats that would logically put her out of ragdoll range it's all unsubstantiated fan theory. Let's go through this, because you obviously are not getting it.

1. Ahsoka "stands with the best" when it comes to the Force (presumably in the context of Star Wars Rebels, since it was a Rebels Recon regarding the show). Who are the best in SWR? Which characters could the Recon have possibly be referring to? Is it Kanan and Ezra? No, obviously not. Is it the Inquisitors? No, obviously not. Is it, perhaps, Darth Vader, or maybe Maul, two of the top-dogs ("the best"wink in SWR? Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty easy conclusion to make; and the implication, or, actually, the flat-out statement that Ahsoka is top-tier with the Force, kind of makes me think that the idea that Vader could have ragdolled her whenever he wanted is pretty ****ing retarded -- and that is a vast understatement. Then there's Filoni stating that Ahsoka isn't a pushover when it comes to Vader. I'm pretty sure she would be if the Force deficit was gargantuan enough for Vader to dominate her whenever he wants.

2. In modern depictions of Vader's fights, (i.e. not solely relying on a 1977 film for the basis for Vader's Force abilities and demeanor in fights that I guess IYO should be absolutely irrefutably the basis for Vader forever), Vader does use the Force; immediately raping Karbin with telekinesis, opening with telekinesis in his fight with Kanan and Ezra and dominating Ezra with the Force (and that was when Vader was not even trying, not even pressing his full power or abilities), so I think it's very unlikely that your version of events is true -- Vader just decided "nah" and wasted almost two minutes dueling Ahsoka when he could've been retrieving the holocron and unlocking a superweapon -- but ironically despite that he did actually use the Force when the opportunity arrose. But let's ignore that and conclude that Vader is so powerful he could completely dominate Ahsoka, despite no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't do that given the circumstances if he could, and the fact that he has absolutely every reason (and desire) to kill Ahsoka and end the fight quickly, or at the very least BRF her off the temple like he did at the end of the fight. Compare that with Kenobi, there isn't nearly as much of a reason for Vader to be in a hurry against him since the plan was always to let Leia and co. escape the Death Star. And if Vader was so absolutely superior to Ahsoka in the Force, he could have easily thrown her off the temple as soon as they exited the main area with the obelisk, but sure, it's more reasonable to assume he just prolonged the fight, because he didn't ragdoll Kenobi in a 1977 movie, and Sith sometimes don't use the Force! (And the examples you've provided for the latter position were particularly embarrassingly bad). So all in all your argument makes no sense and is literally one of the most retarded arguments I've ever heard on KMC, both in its leaning on the Kenobi fight and mind-numbing tunnel-vision in regards to the circumstances in the fight on Malachor.

3. "Vader could have ragdolled Ahsoka whenever he wanted" has no proof and is baseless. You can say the same about mine all you want, but I really think it's ridiculous that you're so oblivious that the criticisms you levy towards my arguments are the exact same that could be levied towards yours, except far more accurately against yours. Like Jesus Christ, at least use your own standards and adopt a "who knows?" position on this. And by the way, my position isn't "Vader didn't so he couldn't", because arguments are not in a vacuum; they're based on other variables, circumstances, and considerations that make up the argument. If you're going to accuse my position of making assumptions while spouting that aforementioned shit off, then you're as oblivious as it gets.

It was about whether Dooku dominated Kenobi or was just an opportune ragdoll. We could've cut out all this crap if you wouldn't be so butthurt smile We could have also cut all of this out if you were clear in your original post, and didn't randomly bring up Ahsoka who was completely irrelevant to the original discussion with Dooku and Kenobi. Oh, but I'm the butthurt one, sure.

Emperordmb
https://i.imgflip.com/14720r.gif

SunRazer
Joker's steamrolling.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

carthage
Vader typically tries to duel the people he knows though, on a feat by feat comparison he would absolutely demolish Ahsoka in any pure contest (that involves the force) and and Kenobi for that matter. The reason he opts for lightsabers is he wants to kill them on the basis of a personal reason.

Would love to know what logic there is for Vader not being capable of ragdolling Ahsoka, when in canon he can telepathically command Cyclo's whale ship to fly into a star, use barrier to withstand the explosion of a base, implode Lyleks that are tougher than armor, and in general is vastly more powerful than her.

Beniboybling
Logic: he is not. mmm

The mental gymnastics are amusing tho.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by carthage
Vader typically tries to duel the people he knows though, on a feat by feat comparison he would absolutely demolish Ahsoka in any pure contest (that involves the force) and and Kenobi for that matter. The reason he opts for lightsabers is he wants to kill them on the basis of a personal reason.

Would love to know what logic there is for Vader not being capable of ragdolling Ahsoka, when in canon he can telepathically command Cyclo's whale ship to fly into a star, use barrier to withstand the explosion of a base, implode Lyleks that are tougher than armor, and in general is vastly more powerful than her.
Ahsoka's lack of exposure in her prime is hardly a basis to assume that vader is "vastly more powerful than her".

MythLord
Joker is spanking Zoltan, yeah.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by carthage

Well all those things were after the DS destruction right?(With the exception of the Lylek thing?) So maybe he just grew in power after ANH.

cs_zoltan
Usually when people dispute a viewpoint because of a certain 'context' someone's ignored, they mention it right off the bat. And if you haven't noticed, I hardly gave a shit about this conversation enough to 'properly' address your excuses, as was obvious from my non-serious "ahaha" comment aimed towards banter, plus the fact I'm not going to put in the effort to counter a point you didn't even flesh out.

>doesn't give a shit about the conversation enough to address my points
>ends up in a multipages "debate" and just wrote a wall of text

ok

And yeah, I tried to start a conversation. I'm not a tryhard to drop wall of text in response to one liners like DMB, so I started by challenging your view. You also waited for like 2 pages to make your own argument, yet you attack me for not doing so in my very first post? Ok.

"Do you have a legitimate argument against my desperate excuse???" Sure, 1. just because the text mentioned Kenobi was about to 'counter' Dooku, doesn't mean he actually would have been successful in his attempt; this is common ****ing sense. The text stating that Kenobi "reached for the Force to counter Dooku" is not definitive proof he could have broken free or prevented himself from getting in that position in the first place -- and either way, Dooku being fast enough to render Kenobi's attempts at a counter worthless is a point in Dooku's favor, and previously Dooku already floored Kenobi's ass while having Anakin to deal with, so I find it unlikely that Dooku couldn't make Kenobi his ***** whenever he wanted with telekinesis.

Except the text makes it abundantly clear, why Kenobi failed to counter it:

"He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden.
--Revenge of the Sith junior novel

It's because the attack was too fast. Not because it was too powerful, or too powerful and too fast. Just too fast. If the writer wanted to convey that Dooku is too powerful for Kenobi to counter the choke, then he would've worded it accordingly.

Absolutely ****ing hilarious that you want a specific quote about Vader being ampled on Malachor yet you've completely failed to show an explicit quote regarding RotS Kenobi > ANH Kenobi in the Force. But yes, it's called common sense: The Inquisitors were capable of using their flight ability because they were on Malachor, i.e. a Sith homeworld that has ancient corpses ridden all over the ground, and a Sith holocron at the center of the temple (basically, what would be described in a dictionary as a "dark side nexus"wink. If the Inquisitors can use powers they were unable to use outside of Malachor, then I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume Vader also benefitted from Malachor. Sorry I don't have an actual "Vader was amped on Malachor!" quote, but I'm assuming common sense should suffice, right?

You say it's common sense, yet a guy who worked on it doesn't know the reason for it. Lmao.

The quote is unsure and vague. The effect of nexuses is barely explored in canon. The episode came out almost a year ago, yet no confirmation about Vader being amped surfaced. Excuse me for being sceptical.

Cade fought Krayt too in a sith temple full of sith artifact, yet you don't see me parading around saying for a fact that Krayt was amped and Cade weakened. Not without hard evidence.

PS: I showed you a quote on ANH < RotS Kenobi, you just ignored it smile

Which came after you going "u dunt knoww shit bc u theenk this ahsoka feat is impressive!!!!11!!1!" Boo hoo, stop crying about ad hominems when that's basically exactly what this has been since the discussion began, and you're hardly innocent yourself.

I'm aware, but you are the one who started crying about it, I just retorted.

In which the examples you brought forth were utter horseshit? Lol, okay.

They were all duels with Sith who regularly use the force, yet they elected not to in those specific examples. Cry me a river that your double standards are showing.

Let's go through this, because you obviously are not getting it.

1. Ahsoka "stands with the best" when it comes to the Force (presumably in the context of Star Wars Rebels, since it was a Rebels Recon regarding the show).

So? Kenobi was stated to be one of the most powerful jedi who ever lived, being a tier 8 duelist (which inclused the power in the force too fyi) which is pretty much a "cheat" and only reserved for enlightened jedi. He was stated to be a threat to Count Dooku in combat. Yet you have no qualms thinking Dooku can wreck him. Even better you actively argue against my evidence for the contrary. So how's your divergent stances on the 2 issues suppose to convince me that you are right in both cases?

2. In modern depictions of Vader's fights, (i.e. not solely relying on a 1977 film for the basis for Vader's Force abilities and demeanor in fights that I guess IYO should be absolutely irrefutably the basis for Vader forever), Vader does use the Force;

You know there is this thing called PIS, right? Hilarious that you call my examples embarrassinglybad and the worst argument on KMC ever, yet you couldn't even come up with a proper response. You straight up acknowledged that you don't know one of the fight nor do you care to read it, and for the rest your response was less adequate laughing out loud

I specifically brought up a bunch of examples where someone can ragdoll his opponent, is shown to abuse his powers, would've been easier to do it. Yet elected not to.

Maul wanted to capture Kenobi to exact his revenge, yet despite him being able to ragdoll him, he decides to duel him isntead for like 5 minutes, ending up losing and his brother maimed. Same on the shuttle. He could've ragdolled Kenobi yet let him just walk away, literally. Wouldn't it be easier to capture him by choking him unconscious?

Or how about Dooku? In AotC he starts both his duels right off the bat with Force attacks. He was in a hurry because of the Jedi reinforcements. Yet still choses to duel both Kenobi and Anakin. And the same inclination of force usage remains in S6, yet again he chose to duel them for no reason.

3. "Vader could have ragdolled Ahsoka whenever he wanted" has no proof and is baseless. You can say the same about mine all you want, but I really think it's ridiculous that you're so oblivious that the criticisms you levy towards my arguments are the exact same that could be levied towards yours, except far more accurately against yours. Like Jesus Christ, at least use your own standards and adopt a "who knows?" position on this. And by the way, my position isn't "Vader didn't so he couldn't", because arguments are not in a vacuum; they're based on other variables, circumstances, and considerations that make up the argument. If you're going to accuse my position of making assumptions while spouting that aforementioned shit off, then you're as oblivious as it gets.

I didn't say Vader definitely ragdolls. I just challanged your view of the notion that "he didn't so he can't". Which was actual arguments made in the past.

I admit, I haven't heared some of the arguments you just made here, which are a far cry from "he didn't so he can't" used a long time ago. And they actually line up with my own arguments for Kenobi, so I'm willing to entertain them smile

But if you still deny my Kenobi arugment when it's the exact same as your assoka argument then you are a disgusting hypocrite smile

We could have also cut all of this out if you were clear in your original post, and didn't randomly bring up Ahsoka who was completely irrelevant to the original discussion with Dooku and Kenobi. Oh, but I'm the butthurt one, sure.

Hey, my original post was clear, you started trolling I just followed the act smile

quanchi112
Logic: he is not. mmm

The mental gymnastics are amusing tho. Carthage though as its he's a troll so nothing he says even he believes. His posts are worthless.

Darth Thor
Pablo Hidalgo himself couldn't confirm Vader and Maul were amped on Malachor. So it's hardly "common sense."

As for the multiple Dark Side corpses lying around, there were also plenty of Jedi corpses. In fact Kanan seemed the get a temporary amp when he put the fallen Temple Guards mask on.

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. Maul underestimated a blind guy. His pride has f*cked him over again and again and it did here too. It's as simple as that.

Petrus
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. Maul underestimated a blind guy. His pride has f*cked him over again and again and it did here too. It's as simple as that.

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova

I don't see how that helped Kanan match Maul blade for blade. Or how that explains Ahsoka leaving Kanan there to face Maul alone.

He was obviously amped, and Ahsoka must have sensed that.

UCanShootMyNova
Amped prior to her leaving? What is there to suggest that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.