Adam Warlock vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

heru
Which one of these two will be the last one standing?

Laminator_X
Which version of Warlock? What circumstances?

Rewmac
Colossus was able to take a blast from Warlock...Superman has tons of abilities and tactics in head. But Warlock is a powerful dude. So we gonna have to know which version of him...

golem370
Karmac shot might take down Superman and Was able to beat Thanos and Drax the Destroyer with his soul Gem

Howard_Jones
Yeah, Warlock at his best is near Thanos' power.

Lord S
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Yeah, Warlock at his best is near Thanos' power. Wha??

I like Warlock, but he was having trouble handling a Thanosi based on Gladiator, and I don't think he could handle what Gladiator himself is based on.

Superman wins...quite thoroughly.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Lord S
Wha??

I like Warlock, but he was having trouble handling a Thanosi based on Gladiator, and I don't think he could handle what Gladiator himself is based on.

Clone Argument = Bad

you get the punch fist.

http://www.livepencil.com/images/WALLPAPERS/wallpapers-download/fist-1024.jpg

Laminator_X
Wha??

He sure was, right up until Adam took the kid gloves off and Soul Ripped him. That ended the fight real fast.

Maybe, or maybe not. These two operate so differently that it really depends on the specifics.

Loot

Priest
Warlock dosent need the soul gem to access it.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Priest
Warlock dosent need the soul gem to access it.

Yeah Warlock can beat Superman. 9/10 maybe 10/10.

Lord S
Clone Argument = Bad

you get the punch fist.

http://www.livepencil.com/images/WALLPAPERS/wallpapers-download/fist-1024.jpg rolleyes1

How about something of substance from you, for once...

celestialdemon
Assuming that Warlock has the Soul Gem, he wins this fight 8/10. If he doesn't have it, then I give it to Supes 9/10.

jasofisc
I thought karmac blast hurt the persons soul. And since superman has taken the light of heaven before I don't see why the karmac blast would hurt him. I don't really know very much about adam warlock I only have a few comics of him and he looked impressive but not enough to take the majority against Supes.

Endless Mike
Adam Warlock can just suck out his soul

roughrider
On paper, it's Superman pretty handily.
It's the intangibles that make Adam Warlock a fearsome opponent. He's virtually the only one who can outstrategize Thanos, and that soul-sucking ability...
AW for the majority.

Howard_Jones
rolleyes1

How about something of substance from you, for once...

You're the one who used the cop out.

Cop out = Punch fist.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by roughrider
On paper, it's Superman pretty handily.
It's the intangibles that make Adam Warlock a fearsome opponent. He's virtually the only one who can outstrategize Thanos, and that soul-sucking ability...
AW for the majority.

Well-stated. thumb up

Lord S
You're the one who used the cop out.

Cop out = Punch fist. What cop out? That clone was based on Gladiator, (who is a ripoff of Superman). This is not a Warlock vs. Thanos thread...and even if it was, that still wouldn't be a cop out...I wouldn't even use that example.

Howard_Jones
What cop out? That clone was based on Gladiator, (who is a ripoff of Superman). This is not a Warlock vs. Thanos thread...and even if it was, that still wouldn't be a cop out...I wouldn't even use that example.

Comic Book Debate Cop-out #3
Clone Argument -

The clone argument is the argument of "Since A is a clone of B, then A could take C in a fight."

This argument completely ignores powerset and power difference, saying that one is completely alike to the other, when they, in fact, are not.

EX -

If Sentry stalemated Galactus, then Superman could do it too, since Sentry is a clone of Superman.

Avalonofthewind
With Soul Gem, Adam takes the majority.
Without Soul Gem, Superman takes the majority.

King Kandy
Superman could make anyone Warlocks level his B%$^& except for Warlock, because Supes soul isn't any stronger then anyone elses, only his body.

Warlock In full soul gem control fuggin' toys with supes, then blows up his soul.

Warlock with intotal control just rips his soul out of his body, and still wins.

King Kandy
Yeah, Warlock at his best is near Thanos' power.
No way. In one of their only fights, Thanos beat Warlock in three panels, not even trying.

And that was before he was amped by Death.

Lord S
This argument completely ignores powerset and power difference, saying that one is completely alike to the other Except that they are.

bigbran
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
With Soul Gem, Adam takes the majority.
Without Soul Gem, Superman takes the majority. eek!

Howard_Jones
Except that they are.

http://eduscapes.com/sessions/makeover/incorrect.gif

King Kandy
Except that they are.
No... Their powers are completely different.

darthgoober
What cop out? That clone was based on Gladiator, (who is a ripoff of Superman). This is not a Warlock vs. Thanos thread...and even if it was, that still wouldn't be a cop out...I wouldn't even use that example.
That clone my have been BASED off of Gladiator, but it was more powerful than the original(all of those closes were). It basically had Gladiators powers, but they were amped up to the point that he'd be a match for Thanos. So that's hardly a bad showing on Warlock's part.

jasofisc
Originally posted by darthgoober
That clone my have been BASED off of Gladiator, but it was more powerful than the original(all of those closes were). It basically had Gladiators powers, but they were amped up to the point that he'd be a match for Thanos. So that's hardly a bad showing on Warlock's part.

i thought that one was based on the hulk

outavodka
Nah its just getting ridiculous is all. Oh AW for the win 9/10 10/10 w/t Mgem

darthgoober
Originally posted by jasofisc
i thought that one was based on the hulk

I'm pretty sure that the one Warlock had a really hard time with was Gladiator, but it was a while ago that I read that story, so I may be mistaken.

Laminator_X
If we take any modern Warlock with the Soul Gem, Superman's only real chance is to do that thing he never really does in the comics and fly in out of nowhere and pound Warlock some new orifices before he can blink.

70's Walock with gem is less of a lock, but perhaps more obviously dangerous. He's more likely to Soul Rip early in a fight and experiments more with the gem's whacky powers like devolving foes. He's not as skilled a fighter though, and lacks the razor sharp mind of his later self.

As "Him" he was a cosmic level powerhouse capable of rumbling with Warrior-Madness Thor (though loosing, of course). He could tussle with Supes, but Big Blue beats guys like that for a living.

Classic Magus would pwn Superman. 70's Warlock, Thanos, and Gamora working together couldn't take out 70's Magus. The other Magus manifestations are less powerful, thoug I'm not sure what Supes would do to the current "Wraith" Magus.

Modern Adam Warlock without the Soul Gem is probably the most interesting question. Sans-Gem, he's more powerful physically, closer to his "Him" levels, and is still capable of "impossable" feats like not dying when blasted by Galactus, being completely undetectable to Nebula when she had the IG, physically entering other beings spirits, and so-forth.

dvampire
Does Adsm hsve the soul gem? If not, Supes take it.

long pig
I don't see Superman winning even if he does speed blitz. Adam has taken blasts from Galactus and has flown in and out of black holes. His durability is too great for a speedblitz to really work.

With the gem, Adam really can't lose.

Without the gem, but still having left over power from the gem (even without it, he still had it's power), Sup loses.

Without the gem or any of it's power, he could possibly pull a stalemate.

Roldz
Supes FTW majority of the fight without soul gem 9/10.. With it Adam FTW say 6-7/10, The reason i gave Supes 3-4/10 against Adam w/ soul gem is his Speed in combat.. And that durability feat against G Adam ported out before takin the blast thats why he appeared a top or was it behind G's pink head...

Lord S
Originally posted by King Kandy
No... Their powers are completely different. No, they're not.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Roldz
And that durability feat against G Adam ported out before takin the blast thats why he appeared a top or was it behind G's pink head...

Maybe, maybe not. It's never really explained. His body is clearly visible within Galactus's eye-blast, at least for a moment. Adam's not so tough that he can just shrug of blasts from the world devourer like they're nothing, but I don't think that it's as simple as just teleporting out of harm's way either. The assembled powers wouldn't have been fooled by that in any case.

Warlock is so tough to pin down in part because he doesn't seem to play by the same rules as everyone else does. That's part of his charm.

golem370
Warlock- http://spider-bob.com/heroes/marvel/WarlockI.htm & http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/warlock.html

King Kandy
Originally posted by Laminator_X
If we take any modern Warlock with the Soul Gem, Superman's only real chance is to do that thing he never really does in the comics and fly in out of nowhere and pound Warlock some new orifices before he can blink.

70's Walock with gem is less of a lock, but perhaps more obviously dangerous. He's more likely to Soul Rip early in a fight and experiments more with the gem's whacky powers like devolving foes. He's not as skilled a fighter though, and lacks the razor sharp mind of his later self.

As "Him" he was a cosmic level powerhouse capable of rumbling with Warrior-Madness Thor (though loosing, of course). He could tussle with Supes, but Big Blue beats guys like that for a living.

Classic Magus would pwn Superman. 70's Warlock, Thanos, and Gamora working together couldn't take out 70's Magus. The other Magus manifestations are less powerful, thoug I'm not sure what Supes would do to the current "Wraith" Magus.

Modern Adam Warlock without the Soul Gem is probably the most interesting question. Sans-Gem, he's more powerful physically, closer to his "Him" levels, and is still capable of "impossable" feats like not dying when blasted by Galactus, being completely undetectable to Nebula when she had the IG, physically entering other beings spirits, and so-forth.
You really explained it well.

Warlock could win this fight in a hundred different ways.

Lord S
That clone my have been BASED off of Gladiator, but it was more powerful than the original(all of those closes were). It basically had Gladiators powers, but they were amped up to the point that he'd be a match for Thanos. So that's hardly a bad showing on Warlock's part. Good point...I had completely forgot.

So I guess we'll call that SIS.

Starlin Induced Stupidity. laughing

doctorstrongbad
Adam Warlock doesn't need the soul gem, he is the soul gem. Superman's weakness is magic. Warlock wins this battle 10/10

jasofisc
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Adam Warlock doesn't need the soul gem, he is the soul gem. Superman's weakness is magic. Warlock wins this battle 10/10

the soul gem is magic???????

breeze85
How fast and durable Warlock is?

Madvillain
Adam Warlock

10/10

Priest
I remembered warlock saying the clone was 4x's stonger than thanos.

leonidas
without using soul sucking thor almost killed him and hercules (who was immune to the karmic blasts) beat him.

superman wins if no soul sucking is allowed.

King Kandy
Originally posted by leonidas
without using soul sucking thor almost killed him and hercules (who was immune to the karmic blasts) beat him.

superman wins if no soul sucking is allowed.
Soul sucking is alowed.

hunbu04
warlock is not going to be taking superman soul remember in action comic infinite crisis tie in when the spectre came after satanus(spelling). Satanus and superman made a deal in which superman will give him his soul and than satanus will let the souls of the innocent go. but in the end satanus was not able to take superman soul.
can anyone explain to me how was hercules able to beat warlock

King Kandy
Originally posted by hunbu04
warlock is not going to be taking superman soul remember in action comic infinite crisis tie in when the spectre came after satanus(spelling). Satanus and superman made a deal in which superman will give him his soul and than satanus will let the souls of the innocent go. but in the end satanus was not able to take superman soul.
can anyone explain to me how was hercules able to beat warlock
Hercules never beat Warlock.

I'm pretty sure that was a mistype.

leonidas
Originally posted by King Kandy
Hercules never beat Warlock.

I'm pretty sure that was a mistype.

no

actually, hercules beat him rather soundly in a straight up, 1on1 fight . . .

i've posted the scans at LEAST twice on the forum, so i'm loathed to do so again. karmic blasts were ineffective. aw got in some decent shots and used his speed and skill to avoid herc, until . . . he couldn't avoid him. herc grabbed him and pummeled him into near-unconsciousness and was ready to finish him when the avengers snapped out of their mind-control and stopped herc.

no mistype. herc kicked his golden arse. soundly. wink

ps--herc rocks.

King Kandy
Wonder why he didn't soul-Suck...

OneDumbG0
I was introduced to comics through the Infinity Gauntlet. I remember my most prized possession being the first issue of Infinity Watch. I collected it pretty thoroughly. As much as I love him, I think Adam Warlock is highly overestimated. Yeah, he's got intangibles and him being able to make Galactus look like a tool cemented him as one of my all-time favorites... but he can be physically beaten to submission even with the Soul Gem. And his karmic blasts, unless upgraded recently never appeared to be as devastating as opined here.

Yes, Superman has a soul. But I don't think Superman's soul is quite so easily obliterated. There are many a reference to it, but I think Superman's existence is hinged to reality itself, by DC's standards. You destroy him and you destroy an important part of DC reality. Superman/Batman referenced this when they travelled different realities. IC alleged that everything in reality comes from Superman-2 apparently. The Omega Effect doesn't work on Superman. So on and so forth. Now I'm not saying this insulates him from defeat since I consider him getting knocked unconscious as a defeat, but that particular safeguard of his could be extended to his soul, his very essence, not quite so easily manipulated. Basically, I'm not quite so ready to say he gets wrecked by karmic blasts or Soul Gem use.

You can armor yourself against karmic blasts issued from the Soul Gem. Physical and energy matrices can dampen its effect. Read Infinity Watch #5 and you'll see Warlock's Soul Gem karmic blasts rendered ineffectual against highly advanced armor. So, in my preference, I'd like to reduce this fight down to whether Warlock could get to it mano-y-mano. Here is where it gets fun for me, cuz Warlock ain't no pushover. Yeah, sometimes he gets pushed around, but he is a highly effective personal fighter in addition to being one of MU's greatest strategists.

My take... I still think just as Adam Warlock can hide from the Infinity Gauntlet, Galactus' wrath, and the literal destruction of the universe... Superman's own independence or at the very least vital importance to DC reality should insulate him from complete ownage to karmic blasts and Soul Gem. In that case... I have no idea who'd win, cuz I've seen Adam Warlock fight fists-to-balls hardcore as anyone else I've ever seen against physically superior beings. Maybe I'll scan some of my old Infinity Watch comics, particularly Infinity Watch #5 to demonstrate this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.