Gambit vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

magnuslives
I think a fight between these two could be interesting, what do you think?

Tek888
gambit touches him, colossus explodes

magnuslives
laughing didn't think of that, could he do that to organic steel though? could he do it to wolverine? why am i rambling on?

snoopdogg
Gambit cannot charge organic matter that won't work.

Colossus via thunderclap. Or does a ground stomp to make Gambit loose balance then toss a Lincoln Navigator at him.

magnuslives
i think Gambit could take Colossus. he even took bishop with no powers.
couldn't he just charge a card, shove it in Colossus' gob and be done with it, or is that a bit over the top?

Rewmac
Originally posted by snoopdogg

Colossus via thunderclap. Or does a ground stomp to make Gambit loose balance then toss a Lincoln Navigator at him.

What he said big grin

magnuslives
Gambit has better agility and speed than Colossus, plus an effective power against him, doesn't that mean anything to you?

jrodslam

Weeeellllll, when Gambits powers were out of whack, he was able to hurt Colossus with one of his charges. Then again, all that was going on in that arc doesnt seem to apply to anything current, so ill concede he cant hurt Colossus.

Brutacus
Euh what version of gambit?

Iff this is the death version he kills colossus.
In a second

Omega-level
Gambit can't charge Colossus organic steel, because it is, you know, organic.

Colossus wins via thunderclap.

steverules
Gambit killed Colossus in age of apocalypse didn't he?

Brutacus
Originally posted by Omega-level
Gambit can't charge Colossus organic steel, because it is, you know, organic.

Colossus wins via thunderclap.

After surgery performed by Mister Sinister, Gambit's powers were increased to their maximum potential. He was able to use his power simply by looking at an object that he wished to charge, including living tissue

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Brutacus
After surgery performed by Mister Sinister, Gambit's powers were increased to their maximum potential. He was able to use his power simply by looking at an object that he wished to charge, including living tissue Yea but he's not at those levels anymore.Originally posted by jrodslam
Weeeellllll, when Gambits powers were out of whack, he was able to hurt Colossus with one of his charges. Then again, all that was going on in that arc doesnt seem to apply to anything current, so ill concede he cant hurt Colossus. That was the New Son Gambit. Not normal version.

jrodslam
That was the New Son Gambit. Not normal version.

I thought that was normal Gambit, just with the chip placed by Sinister removed.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
I thought that was normal Gambit, just with the chip placed by Sinister removed. I don't remember exactly. But either way Gambit was not at his normal power levels at the time. It's pretty clear in the issue.

jrodslam
I don't remember exactly. But either way Gambit was not at his normal power levels at the time. It's pretty clear in the issue.

No doubts about that. I was just saying that at normal levels(without the chip) he could do it. Normal levels(as usually portaryed) cant.

Darth Vegas
Colossus would win pretty easily.

Rewmac
Gambit has the agility. But he hasn't got superspeed. Colossus can catch him, not easily though but he is able to. Or he can thunderclap him like snoopdogg said.

magnuslives
Originally posted by Brutacus
Euh what version of gambit?

Iff this is the death version he kills colossus.
In a second

the most recent version, just before death though. Colossus is at his recent version also.

Rewmac
Recent meaning current right? Coz you talk like if Colossus were dead.

magnuslives
what? Colossus isn't dead! what are you on about? i mean Colossus in astonishing

Howard_Jones
Normal Gambit wouldn't have a chance.

Don't know much about Death, but I really didn't care much about that arc.

Grimm22
Colossus kills Gambit anywhere, any time no expression

magnuslives
what if Gambit got himbefore he metalled up or, if he got himto metal down with that sort of jedi mind trick thing he has and them just blow him up? HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

magnuslives
i am master, bow down to me mwwwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

Roldz
Death gambit i think can transmute anything into poisonous gas.. Question, is Gambit able to charge organic steel now? Its been a while and i dont know if his got any new upgrade prior to horseman of Apoc..

Badabing
Originally posted by magnuslives
i think Gambit could take Colossus. he even took bishop with no powers.
couldn't he just charge a card, shove it in Colossus' gob and be done with it, or is that a bit over the top?
And Colossus is just going to let Gambit shove a charged card down his throat? blink

Soleran
Originally posted by Badabing
And Colossus is just going to let Gambit shove a charged card down his throat? blink

Maybe somewhere less comfortable? confused

Badabing
Originally posted by Soleran
Maybe somewhere less comfortable? confused
Oh, a charged card enema? sick

magnuslives
lets keep it clean people

guy222
Originally posted by magnuslives
I think a fight between these two could be interesting, what do you think?

Gambit

Soljer
Gambit CAN charge organic objects, right? He just usually chooses not to?

He can also charge things by looking at them, yes? Not just by touch?

So why can't Gambit just charge Colossus to....poof?

The Boxer
the question is:
can gambit make colossus explode?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by The Boxer
the question is:
can gambit make colossus explode? No.

pr1983
i say colossus... unless gambit has suddenly evolved somewhat...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
He can also charge things by looking at them, yes? Not just by touch?

That power was removed by Sinister. Its not a mental block its that he can't do it anymore. NewSon could do it because Sinister never tampered with him.

At least I think thats how it works.

snoopdogg
Has Gambit been upgraded to where he can charge organic matter?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That power was removed by Sinister. Its not a mental block its that he can't do it anymore. NewSon could do it because Sinister never tampered with him.

At least I think thats how it works. That's what I thought also.

Board Walker
This is new sun gambit? If so Colossus dies horribly.

If it is normal Gambit blood lusted Gambit, then Colossus dies horribly, Gambit has shown multiple times that he is able to charge organic material, with his eyes no less.

So theoretically he could BFR Colossus by charging him so full of kinetic energy that when he explodes he will fly very far away.

pr1983

At least I think thats how it works.

thing is, i didnt read the death arc, so i have no idea what happened at all...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2343/theuncannyxmen277203wy.jpg

Gladiator > Colossus.

snoopdogg
So Gambit can charge people now? Just by looking at them? That puts him at herald level then.

Board Walker
So Gambit can charge people now? Just by looking at them? That puts him at herald level then.

lol hes been able to do it for years, writers just never use it much, but its been used now and then regularly.

pr1983
Originally posted by Board Walker
lol hes been able to do it for years, writers just never use it much, but its been used now and then regularly.

sick

who wrote that?

Symmetric Chaos

By looking at them?

Board Walker
By looking at them?

Yeah, he has charged his cards, and plants just by looking at them before.

His eyes glowed red and bam they were charged, as I said writers rarely took advantage of this much.

Zahit
i'm gonna have to give this battle to Gambit.
he beats the crap out of Colossus...

snoopdogg
Yeah, he has charged his cards, and plants just by looking at them before.

His eyes glowed red and bam they were charged, as I said writers rarely took advantage of this much. If this is true(which I still say bull sh!t) then Gambit should be able to beat alot of characters barring a speedblitz.

pr1983
If this is true(which I still say bull sh!t) then Gambit should be able to beat alot of characters barring a speedblitz.

i'm of pretty much the same opinion...

Originally posted by #1110
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2343/theuncannyxmen277203wy.jpg

Gladiator > Colossus.

that scan is complete cack regardless... gladiator is pre crisis superman levels at times...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.