Who Is Stronger?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
I hear alot of people saying Sentry is stronger than Superman. I am just wondering what they are gauging this off of.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I hear alot of people saying Sentry is stronger than Superman. I am just wondering what they are gauging this off of.

People claim Sentry is stronger and more powerful than a lot of characters, now is it true? no.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soujaboy
People claim Sentry is stronger and more powerful than a lot of characters, now is it true? no. Sombody thinks so cause they voted for Sentry. Now if they'll say why.

juggernaut66666
Sombody thinks so cause they voted for Sentry. Now if they'll say why. Maybe because he stalemated Galactus shifty

snoopdogg
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Maybe because he stalemated Galactus shifty I thought people don't accept off-panel feats?

juggernaut66666
I thought people don't accept off-panel feats?
then the 1000 000 exploding suns stuff

Rewmac
Sentry is still a Superman rip-off. He can't get stronger than Supes. He doesn't have the hearth and the Pimp Of Comics ability. And he doesn't have the Classic trademark on him.

Back to serious. Sentry hasn't got the feats until today to be Superman's rival or to be stronger than Superman.

capt it up
sentry has some good feats such as breaking every bone in hulks body. breaking an axe that was thought to be unbreakable. He also beat most of the inhumans at the same time effortlessly.

Rewmac
And do you think he is stronger than a man with about 60 years in comics??? I doubt it.

capt it up
Originally posted by Rewmac
And do you think he is stronger than a man with about 60 years in comics??? I doubt it.
I never said he was stronger. also you seem to the person who has the most comics is stronger which of course is not the case since odin many times superhumans power yet he been around haft as long.

roughrider

I don't know. It's hard for me to get interested in discussing a character who's just a clone of the other one - Sentry is a Superman/Miracleman hybrid. It's why I'm not interested in Superman vs. Gladiator or Hyperion threads; it's the SAME person in different realities, that's all.

Now, discussing the strength of Superman versus characters like Thor, Hulk or Captain Marvel are better, because their powers work differently.

Howard_Jones
Well, I've never seen Hulk get hurt the way he did, and there's the whole breaking of Terrax's cosmic axe, which has never been done by PHYSICAL force.

I think that the writer's intention is for him to be stronger, but he hasn't really accomplished that yet.

Brutacus
same here the hulk got scared of void, never seen hulk get scared of something.

But now you could see the hulk is really a big child.

Lucid Lui
There's not enough to impy that he's stronger that Superman, Thor etc. But there's also not enough to imply he isn't stronger than them.

He's still too much of an unknown.

inamilist
Originally posted by roughrider
I don't know. It's hard for me to get interested in discussing a character who's just a clone of the other one - Sentry is a Superman/Miracleman hybrid. It's why I'm not interested in Superman vs. Gladiator or Hyperion threads; it's the SAME person in different realities, that's all.

Now, discussing the strength of Superman versus characters like Thor, Hulk or Captain Marvel are better, because their powers work differently.

co-sign

Scoobless

whistling

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/108/sentryvssupermanda3.png

evil face

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
whistling

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/108/sentryvssupermanda3.png

evil face

yeah, right... stick out tongue

Grimm22
The day that some jerk with a blond mullet and a huge blue belt stalemates Galactus is the day I stop reading comics

manorastroman
he doesn't have a mullet. confused

regardless, sentry has yet to show a limit, and has some impressive feats (the void destroying hulk, the void breaking a shield constructed by a prepped iron man/invisible woman/doctor strange, beating terrax like a redheaded stepchild, wresting control from doctor strange's mind control, smacking down the inhumans...) considering he spends half his time sulking in the watchtower or on the moon.

i'll say he's at least as strong, until further notice.

manjaro
probably superman,cuz we kinda know that his stentgh is an act of his will. meaning the whole tactile TK field thing, plus for the last few years they've been drumming in ours ears that he's actually much stronger than we previously believe cuz he's been holding back all these years for fear of killing ppl.....when you think about it, you know how much power is in one goddamn exlpoding sun? if sentry had the power of a million he would be freaking abstract level

long pig
Originally posted by capt it up
sentry has some good feats such as breaking every bone in hulks body. breaking an axe that was thought to be unbreakable. He also beat most of the inhumans at the same time effortlessly.
Surfer broke that Axe before...on accident. sad

Hulk's bones have been broken by people like...that hairy Canadian.

Nothing suggests that Sentry is more or even as powerful as Superman except off-panel and narrator claims.

I don't accept either.

roughrider
Originally posted by manorastroman
he doesn't have a mullet. confused

regardless, sentry has yet to show a limit, and has some impressive feats (the void destroying hulk, the void breaking a shield constructed by a prepped iron man/invisible woman/doctor strange, beating terrax like a redheaded stepchild, wresting control from doctor strange's mind control, smacking down the inhumans...) considering he spends half his time sulking in the watchtower or on the moon.

i'll say he's at least as strong, until further notice.

Is the Void performing these feats really the same as Sentry doing them? The Void beat him up as well.

Galan007
I hear alot of people saying Sentry is stronger than Superman. I am just wondering what they are gauging this off of. Based on feats, as of now,

Superman>Sentry

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by long pig
Surfer broke that Axe before...on accident. sad

Hulk's bones have been broken by people like...that hairy Canadian.

Nothing suggests that Sentry is more or even as powerful as Superman except off-panel and narrator claims.

I don't accept either.

Wolverine never broke ANY of Hulk's bones. He's never even done much damage to him.

What comic are you reading?

Scoobless
I think he means Sasquatch (sp?)

H. S. 6
According to Marvel, Sentry > Superman.

According to us, Superman > Sentry.

roughrider
Having your molecules existing a second ahead of real time - just how is that supposed to give him all this power?
Such quasi-science wouldn't stand up to scrutiny in the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Sentry would need a very different origin.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Scoobless
I think he means Sasquatch (sp?)

Your spelling's good there. Anywho, Surfer didn't break Terrax's cosmic axe with HIS FISTS either, so there's another fallacy.

pr1983
Sentry, to me, always struck me as being some marvel writers attempt to bring a superman type to marvel... gladiator had too few showings, and thor is more akin to shazam... i think marvel is just trying to copy dc (not ignoring the fact that both companies have many similar characters already), but make a few cosmetic changes and talk up sentry without backing it up...

that said, superman has a fair few years on sentry, so it remains to be seen...

for me, superman>sentry...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by pr1983
Sentry, to me, always struck me as being some marvel writers attempt to bring a superman type to marvel... gladiator had too few showings, and thor is more akin to shazam... i think marvel is just trying to copy dc (not ignoring the fact that both companies have many similar characters already), but make a few cosmetic changes and talk up sentry without backing it up...

that said, superman has a fair few years on sentry, so it remains to be seen...

for me, superman>sentry...

Have you read the Sentry mini-series?

Really, I don't see how people think he is a copy of Superman. His character is very, very different.

It's similar to comparing Thor to Superman. erm

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by H. S. 6

Really, I don't see how people think he is a copy of Superman. His character is very, very different.

Agreed. Even his powerset is different. If anything, he's more like Kon-El with some Green Lantern thrown in, and his backstory is quite the opposite.

btw, love the reflection effect in your sig.

pr1983

i have read it actually, and i agree, his personality is different, but to the casual observer, he looks like a superman copy, especially physically, i mean, an 'S', honestly?

i think as a concept, a superman like character is what they had in mind, they just tweaked it...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Agreed. Even his powerset is different. If anything, he's more like Kon-El with some Green Lantern thrown in, and his backstory is quite the opposite.

btw, love the reflection effect in your sig.

Thanks.

I haven't made a new sig in months.

Originally posted by pr1983
i have read it actually, and i agree, his personality is different, but to the casual observer, he looks like a superman copy, especially physically, i mean, an 'S', honestly?

i think as a concept, a superman like character is what they had in mind, they just tweaked it...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, then. stick out tongue

pr1983
Thanks.

I haven't made a new sig in months.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, then. stick out tongue

Pretty much... stick out tongue

snoopdogg
He is a copy of Superman but not completely.

1. He has a cape.(Most Marvel characters do not)
2. The "S"
3. Solar based powers.
3. Flight, strength, speed, durability.
4. A pet dog.
5. High tech. hideout.
6. Likes to throw stuff into the Sun.

And Sentry is definately in Supermans strength but I'm not sure he's above Supes.

pr1983
He is a copy of Superman but not completely.

1. He has a cape.(Most Marvel characters do not)
2. The "S"
3. Solar based powers.
3. Flight, strength, speed, durability.
4. A pet dog.
5. High tech. hideout.
6. Likes to throw stuff into the Sun.

And Sentry is definately in Supermans strength but I'm not sure he's above Supes.

those are exactly the comparisons i was talking about...

Howard_Jones
Those are generalizations though.

long pig
Wolverine never broke ANY of Hulk's bones. He's never even done much damage to him.

What comic are you reading?
Not that hairy Canadian, I know his name. The big foot guy broke a bone of Hulk's before.

It's not an insult for that to happen.

-edit- Yeah, Sasquatch.

Seems like all Canadians are hairy.

Jimmy-Chan
He effortlessly defeated Terrax with strength, matched Genis who is well above top tier, stalemated The Collective for several pages, and his "evil" side pimp-slapped Black Bolt, Namor, The Thing, etc. at the same time.

long pig
Your spelling's good there. Anywho, Surfer didn't break Terrax's cosmic axe with HIS FISTS either, so there's another fallacy.
Dude, I never said he did. No one said he broke the axe with his fist. I was just saying that the Axe is NOT unbreakable.

What fallacy? Why the hell are you being so defensive?

long pig
Those are generalizations though.
Not all generalizations are wrong.

And I don't...really think that was a generalization.

olympian

Its because he owned a herald lvl guy with just a casual swep of strength, and for what the Void has done. They wer stated to be one and the same.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by olympian
Its because he owned a herald lvl guy with just a casual swep of strength, and for what the Void has done. They wer stated to be one and the same.
Terrax is a jobber he got Ko'd by 1 hammer throw from Thor.

olympian
Out of curiosity, when?

juggernaut66666
Out of curiosity, when?
Avengers v2 12

Rewmac
I never said he was stronger. also you seem to the person who has the most comics is stronger which of course is not the case since odin many times superhumans power yet he been around haft as long. You got me wrong, sorry. I was saying Sentry is lacking feat against a man who has serious amount of it. And he is a Superman rip-off their powers are quite similair.

snoopdogg
Its because he owned a herald lvl guy with just a casual swep of strength, and for what the Void has done. They wer stated to be one and the same. Didn't CL 85 Ben Grimm give Terrax a run? Or is that a myth?

Howard_Jones
Didn't CL 85 Ben Grimm give Terrax a run? Or is that a myth?

Myth

long pig
Terrax is a very weak herald to say the least. No speed feats, very little strength feats, medium level blast feats and that's about it. He didn't use his earth control in the fight so that doesn't matter.

He's above Nova, but below everyone else in the Herald class imo.

Superman could do the same...hell, Superboy probably could whoop Terrax.

Howard_Jones
Terrax is a very weak herald to say the least. No speed feats, very little strength feats, medium level blast feats and that's about it. He didn't use his earth control in the fight so that doesn't matter.

Wha? Let's be honest, how many Silver Surfer comics have you read?

olympian

I make my words of Mr Jones.

You are aware hes given a good showing against other Heralds and Morg? And that hes used his Earth control to bullied the Thing? And that he has gone also well against the Surfer before a certain Dr`s gift started eating him inside?

Lets not get carried away. Hes not THAT low. Unless your using the dumb Heroes Reborn version.

Juntai
Superman >>>> Sentry.
Sentry has done some decent things. None of which compare to the least of what Supes has done.

Avalonofthewind
Didn't CL 85 Ben Grimm give Terrax a run? Or is that a myth?

True. I'd have to look through the back issues to double check the circumstances though...

olympian
He sneak attacked Terrax in the one i recall. Didnt do much anyway, it was one shot and the guy wasent hurt.

Howard_Jones
Yeah. Ben clocked him once, and that was about it. Terrax got up and was pissed off.

h1a8

show us this please!

Soujaboy
I know Superman's stronger than Sentry, but what are Supes greatest strength feats?

Howard_Jones
I know Superman's stronger than Sentry, but what are Supes greatest strength feats?

The moon towing and holding open a black hole.

Soujaboy
The moon towing and holding open a black hole.

If my memory serves me correctly, he didn't hold open a black hole he stopped it from opening.

snoopdogg
If my memory serves me correctly, he didn't hold open a black hole he stopped it from opening. That's exactly what he did. He held it from opening. That would one of his best or maybe slowing the fall of Eternity. Knocking Thor out with a single right cross was impressive too.

BTW you know what his feats are. So why ask?

Soujaboy
That's exactly what he did. He held it from opening. That would one of his best or maybe slowing the fall of Eternity. Knocking Thor out with a single right cross was impressive too.

I don't know all his feats, just some.

Howard_Jones
That's exactly what he did. He held it from opening. That would one of his best or maybe slowing the fall of Eternity. Knocking Thor out with a single right cross was impressive too.

Uh, he blasted him with Heat Vision first. The punch wasn't the only thing he hit him with.

snoopdogg
Uh, he blasted him with Heat Vision first. The punch wasn't the only thing he hit him with. True. So you would agree the hv softened Thor up?

roughrider
True. So you would agree the hv softened Thor up?

Yes. Thor should have used mjolnir to absorb it, but he lost his temper and bull-rushed Supes, leaving himself open to that punch.

BTW, the black hole feat was pre-crisis, wasn't it? Pre-crisis feats don't count anymore - those were the nutty days for Superman.

long pig
Wha? Let's be honest, how many Silver Surfer comics have you read?
Not many, just a few. Well, actually, every Surfer comic. So, yeah. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I make my words of Mr Jones.

You are aware hes given a good showing against other Heralds and Morg? And that hes used his Earth control to bullied the Thing? And that he has gone also well against the Surfer before a certain Dr`s gift started eating him inside?

Lets not get carried away. Hes not THAT low. Unless your using the dumb Heroes Reborn version.
Going toe to toe with Surfer who was holding back and he still got completely owned by him and left to rot on a planet. Surfer basically said "I'm done playing" and he took Terrax out in a few seconds.
Do you honestly think Terrax, with no speed feats, inferior strength, inferior blasts and inferior use of power cosmic is an actual threat to Surfer? Come on.

I stand by my comment, Superboy would beat Terrax.

He is the second or maybe third weakest Herald.

long pig
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
True. I'd have to look through the back issues to double check the circumstances though...
I think it was FF Trial of Galactus #239.

olympian

How much did the Spectre weigthed, in that slow-down-fall?

Not many, just a few. Well, actually, every Surfer comic. So, yeah. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Going toe to toe with Surfer who was holding back and he still got completely owned by him and left to rot on a planet. Surfer basically said "I'm done playing" and he took Terrax out in a few seconds.
Do you honestly think Terrax, with no speed feats, inferior strength, inferior blasts and inferior use of power cosmic is an actual threat to Surfer? Come on.

I stand by my comment, Superboy would beat Terrax.

He is the second or maybe third weakest Herald.
Surfer didnt looked to be holding back when Terrax was Tyros, looking mad and dying, destroying everything and after beating the hell of the F4.

Connor Superboy? Your kidding. His best feat was standing its own against the SwhineBoyPrime and thats a high end for him.

Dont we all?

long pig

Surfer didnt looked to be holding back when Terrax was Tyros, looking mad and dying, destroying everything and after beating the hell of the F4.

Connor Superboy? Your kidding. His best feat was standing its own against the SwhineBoyPrime and thats a high end for him.

Dont we all?
But you don't seem to realize that Terrax went through a power downgrade. He simply isn't very powerful anymore.

And Morg broke his axe with ease just like Sentry.

snoopdogg

Dont we all? Now what kind of question is that? Has it been stated how much the Midard Serpeant weighs?

Howard_Jones

Yes, it did, considering Thor was fighting like a total idiot.

olympian
Now what kind of question is that? Has it been stated how much the Midard Serpeant weighs?

Nope. The feat isent valid because of that factor but because of another.

Howard_Jones
Now what kind of question is that? Has it been stated how much the Midard Serpeant weighs?

It's been stated he weighs as much as the planet he wraps around.

Soujaboy

Add that to the resistance the snake was giving, and the fact that he fished it out which is much harder than lifting something and you have an impressive feat.

snoopdogg
Olympian, I have a queston for ya son. In your humble opinion what is Supermans greatest feat of strength?

snoopdogg
And a side note. If Sentry's greatest strength feat involves Terrax...well I...um....nevermind.

Howard_Jones
And a side note. If Sentry's greatest strength feat involves Terrax...well I...um....nevermind.

Terrax lifted the island of Manhattan into the air with just he power cosmic. no expression

Though a jobber, he's damn poweful in his own right.

Soujaboy
Terrax lifted the island of Manhattan into the air with just he power cosmic. no expression

Though a jobber, he's damn poweful in his own right.

No offense, but thats really not that impressive. erm

long pig
No offense, but thats really not that impressive. erm
No, no it isn't.

For some reason, Marvel readers simply do not want to believe that people like Superman/Wonder Woman/Orion are, in all likely hood, 20x or more times stronger than the strongest Marvel heroes. Superman is indeed many, many times stronger than Thor and so on and so forth. I KNOW they know it, they just refuse to admit it.

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this.

Howard_Jones
No, no it isn't.

For some reason, Marvel readers simply do not want to believe that people like Superman/Wonder Woman/Orion are, in all likely hood, 20x or more times stronger than the strongest Marvel heroes. Superman is indeed many, many times stronger than Thor and so on and so forth. I KNOW they know it, they just refuse to admit it.

Hulk has strength feats that dwarf most DC heroes. no expression

Also, Superman and Wonder woman are not leagues stronger than top tier Marvel heroes either.

roughrider
No, no it isn't.

That's a typical DC fanboy statement, Long Pig. I expect better from you.
No evidence that is true, and Superman's pre-crisis feats are gone. Thor had some crazy feats of power in his early days, too.
Even if I agreed Superman has an edge in strength over Thor - however slight - doesn't mean he wins in a fight.

long pig
Hulk has strength feats that dwarf most DC heroes. no expression

Also, Superman and Wonder woman are not leagues stronger than top tier Marvel heroes either.
No, he doesn't.

Name one that doesn't include becoming so strong he can grab energy or some other stupid shit that simply makes no damn sense at all.

Superman's feats are so far beyond Thor's or Surfer's it's silly to even argue otherwise.

Howard_Jones
No, he doesn't.

Name one that doesn't include becoming so strong he can grab energy or some other stupid shit that simply makes no damn sense at all.

Superman's feats are so far beyond Thor's or Surfer's it's silly to even argue otherwise.

Nope.

If you're gonna clear Hulk of his feats, you might as well clear Superman of his.

Double standards are a b*tch, aren't they?

long pig
Nah, just like I don't give Superman the silly black hole feat, I won't give Hulk his "I got so strong I destroyed energy by punching it real hard" feat.

Just give a decent Hulk feat that, as you put it, dwarfs Superman's feats.

If it's one I don't know of, then I'll gladly say I was wrong.

Soujaboy
No, he doesn't.

no

long pig
no
Sooooooo, you'd rather say nothing at all than prove me wrong? Hell, I'm all fine and dandy with being proven wrong. I don't mind.

Try it.

roughrider
Nah, just like I don't give Superman the silly black hole feat, I won't give Hulk his "I got so strong I destroyed energy by punching it real hard" feat.

Just give a decent Hulk feat that, as you put it, dwarfs Superman's feats.

If it's one I don't know of, then I'll gladly say I was wrong.

Any feat when Superman is holding a massive object while flying is not a strength feat, because his muscles aren't doing the work, it's his bio aura TK.

Soujaboy
Sooooooo, you'd rather say nothing at all than prove me wrong? Hell, I'm all fine and dandy with being proven wrong. I don't mind.

Try it.

What do you believe Superman's greatest strength feat is?

roughrider
Thor managed to partially lift The Midgard Serpent, who's mass equals that of the Earth. And he did it without wearing his belt of strength. What is the biggest thing Superman has lifted without flying?

snoopdogg
Thor managed to partially lift The Midgard Serpent, who's mass equals that of the Earth. And he did it without wearing his belt of strength. What is the biggest thing Superman has lifted without flying? Where does it say how much the Serpeant weighed? And key word is partially. I still have to see that scan that says how much it weighs. Supes best strength feat without flying it holding a black hole from opening in his bare hands and that's some major @ss power right there. And when slowing down Eternitys fall he still had to have hand strength to hold onto the weight. Another feat he did was toss the space ship that was stated as being the size of a small moon easily. Even though he was flying he still tossed it with strength.

Howard_Jones
Anybody can hold on to weight. Gripping something isn't difficult.

Also, Thor didn't partially lift the serpent. He tore it off earth with minimal effort.

batdude123
The Mageddon feat and the Spectre feat completely BONE anything Thor has ever done physically.

And it's all Post Crisis.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by batdude123
The Mageddon feat and the Spectre feat completely BONE anything Thor has ever done physically.

And it's all Post Crisis.

All we know about both feats is that they're really, really heavy.

snoopdogg

And it's all Post Crisis. Tossing the space ship the size of a small Moon and holding the black hole from opening do also.

snoopdogg
Anybody can hold on to weight. Gripping something isn't difficult.

Also, Thor didn't partially lift the serpent. He tore it off earth with minimal effort. Are you saying that you can hold the weight of...let's say a car with just your hands? While in the air?

batdude123
All we know about both feats is that they're really, really heavy.

laughing out loud

Yes, we do actually. Read the story arcs, and come back to me please.

Spectre weighs as much as an entire galaxy.

Superman made something that dwarfs the size of our solar system move with sheer strength.

Like I said, those feats completely BONE anything Thor has EVER done.

And only someone extremely biased would classify the Spectre instance as an unimpressive "gripping" feat. laughing

Howard_Jones
laughing out loud

Yes, we do actually. Read the story arcs, and come back to me please.

Spectre weighs as much as an entire galaxy.
Hyperbole. Galaxies don't have an actual weight.

Superman made something that dwarfs the size of our solar system move with sheer strength.

He made the gears move. Even so, an engine on a machine does not have lifting power per se. Also, we don't know how much was moving, how much of the movement was him, etc. All we know is that it was heavy.

batdude123
Hyperbole. Galaxies don't have an actual weight.

His weight contains ETERNITY itself. That is a FACT.

This is better than anything Hulk or Thor have done before.

He made the gears move. Even so, an engine on a machine does not have lifting power per se. Also, we don't know how much was moving, how much of the movement was him, etc. All we know is that it was heavy.

The entire ship moved.

He did this w/o help.

Like I've said before, both of these feats completely BONE Thor's strength feats.

snoopdogg
Does anybody have a scan that says how much the Midgard thing weighs? Plus can somebody post the whole deal? I getting tired of people nit-picking Supermans feats.

Accel

I would actually say Hulk's matter antimatter feat stands up to that just fine.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Accel
I would actually say Hulk's matter antimatter feat stands up to that just fine. Can I see those scans?

Accel
http://img104.exs.cx/img104/2246/antimatter18zf.jpg
http://img19.exs.cx/img19/4741/antimatter29ld.jpg

Basically, following physics, one would need to exert an infinite amount of force to accomplish this.

snoopdogg
http://img104.exs.cx/img104/2246/antimatter18zf.jpg
http://img19.exs.cx/img19/4741/antimatter29ld.jpg

Basically, following physics, one would need to exert an infinite amount of force to accomplish this. That's a nice feat. It looks better than anything Thor has done imo.

How old is that feat?

Howard_Jones
That's a nice feat. It looks better than anything Thor has done imo.

Considering Hulk is stronger than Thor, why is that a suprise?

snoopdogg
Considering Hulk is stronger than Thor, why is that a suprise? Some people argue that point all the time. Usually the same people who argue Thor is stronger than Superman. And BTW I wasn't surprized.

Anybody have this Midgard Serpeant feat?

Accel
That's a nice feat. It looks better than anything Thor has done imo.

How old is that feat?
At this point, I think it's at least twenty years old, most likely older.

Currently, I'd agree that Superman's has the greatest strength feats, but I'd say Hulk definitely comes in second in that area.

Howard_Jones
Some people argue that point all the time. Usually the same people who argue Thor is stronger than Superman. And BTW I wasn't surprized.

Nah. Thor's not near Hulk's strength. Class 100 doesn't even come close to describing him. I'll have the serpent feat up in a sec, since it's in the Thor respect thread. Someone else will have to find the weight of it though, because I couldn't remember where it's at.

Howard_Jones
Okay, the link doesn't work in that thread. Best strength feat I could find was a weakened Thor (he had just been impaled by a sword, and was still fighting) punching someone into the atmousphere.
http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorvikings05179bg.jpg

Soujaboy
Some people argue that point all the time. Usually the same people who argue Thor is stronger than Superman. And BTW I wasn't surprized.

All he did was push to sphere's apart, not Hulks greatest feat imo.

Howard_Jones

No, but that feat is supposed to be about 3 trillion tons of pressure.

Soujaboy
No, but that feat is supposed to be about 3 trillion tons of pressure.

Ya supposedly, but we would never know considering the comic never told us.

Accel
It was really more about the forces bringing the two spheres together. The items may not be planetary in size, but the force required to push apart is still the same.

Ptr_Grifin
Okay, the link doesn't work in that thread. Best strength feat I could find was a weakened Thor (he had just been impaled by a sword, and was still fighting) punching someone into the atmousphere.
http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorvikings05179bg.jpg

What issue was that from?

roughrider

The entire ship moved.

He did this w/o help.

Like I've said before, both of these feats completely BONE Thor's strength feats.

Is it possible that moment was completely overwritten?

Superman and Wonder Woman were trying to slow the fall of the Spectre, holding him from above. That's all they did. If Spectre's mass truly equalled all of Eternity, both their arms would have been ripped out of their sockets - I don't care how strong both are supposed to be.
Superman needed help towing Warworld years ago. How could he possibly try to hold the weight of Eternity, even for a millisecond? This is like that Hulk feat of punching the energy out of an entire galaxy, or whatever that feat was. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy

The entire ship moved.

He did this w/o help.

So if it weighs an etrnity, wouldn't the universe fall under his weight? In fact would the moon itse;f have collapsed under his massive weight?

The ship wasn't as big as a galaxy or solar system or whatever, at least according to the scan you provided.

Na they don't

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/thor38809hc7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/thor38810yh9.jpg

DevilGoblin
sentry has some good feats such as breaking every bone in hulks body. .

hulk can't get stronger in Sentry's presence

(if Sentry fought current hulk at full power, he would last "seconds"wink

Paul Jenkins wrote the story where Sentry was the protagonist;if the two had fought on Planet Hulk, hulk would have killed him badly (see Surfer)

DevilGoblin
At this point, I think it's at least twenty years old, most likely older.

Currently, I'd agree that Superman's has the greatest strength feats, but I'd say Hulk definitely comes in second in that area.

hulk's strenght feats > anyone else

(prove me wrong)

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by DevilGoblin

Paul Jenkins wrote the story where Sentry was the protagonist;if the two had fought on Planet Hulk, hulk would have killed him badly (see Surfer)

Devilhulk, shut up. Quit trolling around.

Soljer

See surfer? You mean where the Hulk acknowledges that a mind controlled, weakened Surfer was about to kill them?

Up until the control was broken, and the Surfer actually THANKS the Hulk? erm.

Hmmm....

Dinalfos
Ignore him.

"V"
hulk's strenght feats > anyone else

(prove me wrong)

STFU, prove that your right. Acting like its our duties to prove your BS claims wrong, its just a waste of time because your such a troll of a fanboy.

Back up your claims.

roughrider
Getting back to the point of this thread...

Sentry has a lot of potential that's been written about, but not as many feats displayed, to make me vote for him over Superman. Sentry has to do more.

snoopdogg
Is it possible that moment was completely overwritten?

Superman and Wonder Woman were trying to slow the fall of the Spectre, holding him from above. That's all they did. If Spectre's mass truly equalled all of Eternity, both their arms would have been ripped out of their sockets - I don't care how strong both are supposed to be.
Superman needed help towing Warworld years ago. How could he possibly try to hold the weight of Eternity, even for a millisecond? This is like that Hulk feat of punching the energy out of an entire galaxy, or whatever that feat was. roll eyes (sarcastic) They slowed down the fall of Eternity as the scan says. If they failed the Moon would have been destroyed. It's a valid feat.Originally posted by Soujaboy
So if it weighs an etrnity, wouldn't the universe fall under his weight? In fact would the moon itse;f have collapsed under his massive weight?

The ship wasn't as big as a galaxy or solar system or whatever, at least according to the scan you provided.

Na they don't

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/thor38809hc7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/thor38810yh9.jpg Like I said above. If he would have landed yes the Moon would have been destroyed. I mean if the Serpent weighed so much the Earth would have been destroyed also. BTW why hasn't anybody posted those yet?

Oh and those scans you posted were not very impressive considering Thor has a magic hammer and all. What has Thor done under his own strength?

And back on topic I do think Sentry has potential to be everybit as strong as Superman. We just have not seen it yet.

Lucid Lui
Oh and those scans you posted were not very impressive considering Thor has a magic hammer and all. You're kidding right? Magic hammer or not, breaking through Celestial armounr is extremely impressive.

roughrider
The Midgard Serpent keeps the the majority of his bulk in another dimension, because in his full form he could destroy Earth ( as it is, when he's agitated he causes tidal waves and other phenomena.) But, any part of him weighs the same as the rest.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
You're kidding right? Magic hammer or not, breaking through Celestial armounr is extremely impressive. Maybe for the power of the hammer. It's not a feat for Thor.

batdude123

Na they don't

This is where ignorance is your downfall.

Because in the scans where he actually moves the Mageddon wheels it doesn't mension the size of it, I'm all of a sudden lying? laughing

In the specific scans where Thor lifts the serpent, it doesn't say anything about it weighing the same as Earth. I'm just gonna assume (according to YOUR logic) that it doesn't.

Check the JLA Mageddon story arc. It clearly states and shows that Mageddon's ship dwarfed the size of our solar system. Not only that, the Mageddon warhead was capable of destroying half a galaxy.

Howard_Jones
Maybe for the power of the hammer. It's not a feat for Thor.

Batdude wouldn't be able to pick up the hammer and blow up a planet, or break a Celestial's armor. no expression

It's coupled with physical strength.

batdude123
Batdude wouldn't be able to pick up the hammer and blow up a planet, or break a Celestial's armor. no expression

Are you sure about that??? shifty whistle

Howard_Jones
Are you sure about that??? shifty whistle

We'd have to hit you with a gamma bomb first, and then grab Jeph Loeb to write you a series.

Batthorhulk!

batdude123
We'd have to hit you with a gamma bomb first, and then grab Jeph Loeb to write you a series.

Batthorhulk!

Been there, done that.

Validus
The Midgard Serpent and Mageddon feats are both unquantifiable.

Anyways, Lucid Lui, being the smart and sexy bastage he is, already hit the nail on the head regarding the original topic.
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
There's not enough to impy that he's stronger that Superman, Thor etc. But there's also not enough to imply he isn't stronger than them.

He's still too much of an unknown.

Soujaboy
This is where ignorance is your downfall.

Because in the scans where he actually moves the Mageddon wheels it doesn't mension the size of it, I'm all of a sudden lying? laughing

In the specific scans where Thor lifts the serpent, it doesn't say anything about it weighing the same as Earth. I'm just gonna assume (according to YOUR logic) that it doesn't.

Check the JLA Mageddon story arc. It clearly states and shows that Mageddon's ship dwarfed the size of our solar system. Not only that, the Mageddon warhead was capable of destroying half a galaxy.

So it's my fault you didn't post the rest of the scans. You post some random scan of Superman pulling some big chains, claim it's the size of a solar system, and you expect me to just sit there? ya, anyways more proof is needed considering the ship didn't appear to be as large as claimed. Not only that, we didn't even see the whole ship move.

Even if you do assume it didn't, you were still able to see the serpents size in proportion to the earth. It wasn't just some scan of Thor lifting or pulling at some skin of the serpent, and me claiming that it was the size of earth. We actually saw the serpent wrapped around the planet twice while resisting Thor and causing pressure to the earth.

Soujaboy
Maybe for the power of the hammer. It's not a feat for Thor.

I hope your not serious? I didn't see Tiwaz, Red Norvell, Captain America, Magni, etc, shaking planets, destroying cities, and clearing mountain ranges with single blows. no expression

Soujaboy
They slowed down the fall of Eternity as the scan says. If they failed the Moon would have been destroyed. It's a valid feat. Like I said above. If he would have landed yes the Moon would have been destroyed. I mean if the Serpent weighed so much the Earth would have been destroyed also. BTW why hasn't anybody posted those yet?

Oh and those scans you posted were not very impressive considering Thor has a magic hammer and all. What has Thor done under his own strength?

And back on topic I do think Sentry has potential to be everybit as strong as Superman. We just have not seen it yet.

If his weight was the equivalent to Eternity as you stated, than a single step would have destroyed the moon.

An Anaconda being larger, and weighing more than me, could wrap itself around my body, and I wouldn't be destroyed. So no, the earth wouldn't necessarily be destroyed, not at first at least.

snoopdogg
I hope your not serious? I didn't see Tiwaz, Red Norvell, Captain America, Magni, etc, shaking planets, destroying cities, and clearing mountain ranges with single blows. no expression Um...have any of those guys tried to do any of those things?

Soujaboy
Um...have any of those guys tried to do any of those things?

What, you mean swing the hammer? of course. Also, when has it ever been stated that Mjolnir adds to Thor's strength?

snoopdogg
What, you mean swing the hammer? of course. Also, when has it ever been stated that Mjolnir adds to Thor's strength? Well I'll tell ya what. I can do alot more damage with a hammer than I can with just my fists.

And are you saying Thor can do the same damage with his hammer than he could with just a normal hammer?

Soujaboy
Well I'll tell ya what. I can do alot more damage with a hammer than I can with just my fists.

And are you saying Thor can do the same damage with his hammer than he could with just a normal hammer?

Your not shaking planets though no expression

Until stated otherwise, thats exactly what I'm saying. I mean as long as the hammers uber durable.

Supreme being

Bullsh.. it never stated it weighed as much as earth it only stated its capable of wraping itself around the earth.

Supreme being
Where does it say how much the Serpeant weighed? And key word is partially. I still have to see that scan that says how much it weighs. Supes best strength feat without flying it holding a black hole from opening in his bare hands and that's some major @ss power right there. And when slowing down Eternitys fall he still had to have hand strength to hold onto the weight. Another feat he did was toss the space ship that was stated as being the size of a small moon easily. Even though he was flying he still tossed it with strength.

They are bullshi... about the serpent weight or a just Darn clueless it never stated it weighed as much as the earth its just a load of crap to give Thor that extra praise.

olympian
If his weight was the equivalent to Eternity as you stated, than a single step would have destroyed the moon.

An Anaconda being larger, and weighing more than me, could wrap itself around my body, and I wouldn't be destroyed. So no, the earth wouldn't necessarily be destroyed, not at first at least.

Everyone knows that the DC Moon is the strongest one there is.

They slowed down the fall of Eternity as the scan says. If they failed the Moon would have been destroyed. It's a valid feat. Like I said above. If he would have landed yes the Moon would have been destroyed. I mean if the Serpent weighed so much the Earth would have been destroyed also. BTW why hasn't anybody posted those yet?

Where was it stated that if they let the Spectre fall, the Moon would be destroyed for sure?

How much does Eternity "weigths"? Its a measure of what exactly?

This feat its as valid as claiming the Midgard Serpent weigthed more than the Earth or not or that it matched "infinity". No statement was given. What makes it worthwhile in a debate its the fact that the struggle between the Serpent and Thor was having side effects around Earth.

All the Spectre did was barely having an effect on the Moon.

Snoop. You have all encounters between Thor and the Serpent at SHC in the respect forum. Including that one.

Your question about what Thor has one with force only..the basic same thing Superman also does? Time rip? Planet shaking force? Island moving force? Matching top tiers?

juggernaut74
I would say Sentry=Superman>Thor. Thors Serpent feat leaves no indication how much the damm thing weighed. I never saw the Spectre feat but I heard it was stated his body contains the weight of Eternity which atleast gives us a idea. Eternity is endless.

So I say again Sentry is atleast equal to Superman.

olympian
All they said was that "Eternity" was "heavy". Nothing else.

Thats vague as heck.

Howard_Jones
How do you weigh Eternity?

olympian
Bingo.

Anyway, for me Sentry is Superman class.

h1a8
I researched ancient Norse Mythology and Marvel comics. In marvel and Norse mythology, Thor only lifted a portion of the World Serpent (The A section). We don't even know the weight of this section let alone the weight of the entire serpent. In norse mythology he failed to lift the serpent but maybe only budged it (since only one of the four feet of the cat came up making the cat still connected to the ground). But the feat was still impressive.

Plus it is in only Norse mythology (not marvel) that Thor fished for Jormungand. The stories also say that this is before it grew to wrap itself around the world (After odin threw it there). Thus it was much smaller than when it grew to become the world serpent.

Soljer
Originally posted by h1a8
I researched ancient Norse Mythology and Marvel comics. In marvel and Norse mythology, Thor only lifted a portion of the World Serpent (The A section). We don't even know the weight of this section let alone the weight of the entire serpent. In norse mythology he failed to lift the serpent but maybe only budged it (since only one of the four feet of the cat came up making the cat still connected to the ground). But the feat was still impressive.

Plus it is in only Norse mythology (not marvel) that Thor fished for Jormungand. The stories also say that this is before it grew to wrap itself around the world (After odin threw it there). Thus it was much smaller than when it grew to become the world serpent.

Errrmmm...

While Norse mythology is all well and good, Thor HAS lifted the Midgard serpent. Twice.

Alfheim
The stories also say that this is before it grew to wrap itself around the world (After odin threw it there).

This is the first time I have heard about this.

Thus it was much smaller than when it grew to become the world serpent.

Are you talking about when he went fishing? As far as I know it was fully grown then, even when he tried to lift it at Utgard Lokis place.

h1a8
Originally posted by Soljer
Errrmmm...

While Norse mythology is all well and good, Thor HAS lifted the Midgard serpent. Twice.

Umh not.
He lifted only a portion in Marvel (the A section).
He fished a smaller version (before it grew to wrap itself around the world) in Norse Mythology (not marvel). Why don't you research this yourself.

h1a8
Originally posted by Alfheim

Are you talking about when he went fishing? As far as I know it was fully grown then, even when he tried to lift it at Utgard Lokis place.

Uhmm no.
Odin threw it in the water earlier. After awhile it grew to wrap itself around the world (became the world serpent). I read this myself in my research. Otherwise how could Thor lift it out of the water if it is around the world then? All this happen in Norse Mythology (not Marvel).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>