Mace Windu vs. Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk10
Yoda is very powerful but if you look back to Star Wars movie 2 Anikin says''as wise as Yoda and as powerful as master Windu'',my point he said that Windu is more powerful and I agree. eek!

Prodigal Knight
Been done before and Yoda is definately superior. Though the two are close in power.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by hulk10
Yoda is very powerful but if you look back to Star Wars movie 2 Anikin says''as wise as Yoda and as powerful as master Windu'',my point he said that Windu is more powerful and I agree. eek!

Or Anakin could be saying that Obi-Wan isn't as powerful as Yoda but is as powerful as Mace.

darthsith19
Anakin didn't say Mace > Yoda, he only said Kenobi was as powerful as Windu, which obviously isn't true. It's hard to say who's stronger, though I suspect that Yoda would win. Saber skills are equal, I'd say, but if I had to pick one of them I'd say Mace. Force, though, is Yoda for sure. Mace is probably better against Sith/Dark Jedi than Yoda is because of Vaapad but between the two Yoda'd likely win. Oh, and this has been done about a hundred (exaggeration) times, too.

((The_Anomaly))
This thread is stupid.

Darth Subjekt
yoda...done.

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
Anakin didn't say Mace > Yoda, he only said Kenobi was as powerful as Windu, which obviously isn't true. It's hard to say who's stronger, though I suspect that Yoda would win. Saber skills are equal, I'd say, but if I had to pick one of them I'd say Mace. Force, though, is Yoda for sure. Mace is probably better against Sith/Dark Jedi than Yoda is because of Vaapad but between the two Yoda'd likely win. Oh, and this has been done about a hundred (exaggeration) times, too.

I just want to know, where is it stated that Vapaad is good against dark siders?

Oh and haven't Mace already acknowledged Yoda as the superior swordsman as well? I'd put Yoda there for sure, I mean, dodging the strikes of 3 jedi masters at once without a saber, knowing every style, perfecting every style and being much more experienced in a sword fight would put him above Mace! Mace has neither speed nor strenght advantage in the duel, and someone can grow really tired by missing alot of strikes, which he undoubtedly will against Yoda!

hulk10
I said that Anikin said that Obi is as powerful as Windu which I don't belive but I do belive that Mace is much more powerful.Yoda is more powerful in force but Mace is more powerful in light saber skills.

The Planet
He was exaggerating, and he only said 'as powerful as Master Windu' because Mace is more renowned for his martial ability, whereas Yoda is more renowned for his wisdom, and that's why he said 'as wise as Yoda'. Doesn't mean that he believed that Yoda isn't as powerful as Mace Windu.

S_W_LeGenD
Yoda is more powerful then Mace. And Yoda will win in this tough fight after a good deal of struggle.

Council#13
Originally posted by The Planet
He was exaggerating, and he only said 'as powerful as Master Windu' because Mace is more renowned for his martial ability, whereas Yoda is more renowned for his wisdom, and that's why he said 'as wise as Yoda'. Doesn't mean that he believed that Yoda isn't as powerful as Mace Windu.

Agreed.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by hulk10

Yoda> Mace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sidious as ROTS showed.

Darth_Glentract
Yoda would win, but it would definately be a close fight.

Light Warrior
Mace Windu is the best sword fighter and yoda is strongest in the force, I think mace wins.

Council#13
Just because Mace is more reknowned for his fighting abilites than his wisdom doesn't mean that Yoda, more reknowned for his wisdom than his fighting ablilites, is the lesser in terms of combat.

((The_Anomaly))
Ok, guys this is retarded. Mace isn't beating Yoda. By his own admission (twice in the same book) he isn't as powerful as Yoda. He might (and I stress might) be as good as Yoda in saber combat, but force wise its not even close. Mace wont win. Hell Dooku may be more powerful in a pure force battle then Mace is, and look how Yoda pwned Dooku. A saber fight would be close, but as soon as you get into force prowess, Mace is out of his league.

Council#13
Even in a saber fight they wouldn't be equal. Yoda is better than Mace. It's stated in Mace's biography on the Official Star Wars Website. As I've said multiple times before, however, this is may or may not be after Mace created Vaapad.

In AOTC, Dooku and Yoda were equals. Dooku said, "It is obvious that this contest can not be decided in our skills with the Force." I haven't read Dark Rendezvous, but from what I've heard from other people here, Yoda beat Dooku pretty badly in terms of the Force.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Council#13
Even in a saber fight they wouldn't be equal. Yoda is better than Mace. It's stated in Mace's biography on the Official Star Wars Website. As I've said multiple times before, however, this is may or may not be after Mace created Vaapad.

In AOTC, Dooku and Yoda were equals. Dooku said, "It is obvious that this contest can not be decided in our skills with the Force." I haven't read Dark Rendezvous, but from what I've heard from other people here, Yoda beat Dooku pretty badly in terms of the Force.

Actually they were not "equals" in AOTC at all. Dooku threw everything he could muster at Yoda and Yoda basically shrugged it off. Yoda took no offensive at all (save for reflecting Dooku's lightning back at him) it was all defensive. Dooku was just completely unable to best Yoda in the force and realised that HE was getting nowhere fast so he went to his stronger point, saber dueling, which again he realised wouldn't win if the fight continued any further so he ran away. Dooku just straight up lost to Yoda.

Council#13
Wait a second. If Yoda wanted to stop Dooku, why not subdue him with the Force instead of the lightsaber?

kamikz
Because jedi doesn't use the force offensivley very often, at least not Yoda. I don't think we know any other reasons.

((The_Anomaly))
Also because at this point I think Yoda didn't want to believe that Dooku had completely gone to the darkside. Yoda and Dooku had a sort of bond between them (read Dark Rendezvous) and at this point Yoda didn't want to fight and kill his former apprentice. He admits at the end of AOTC that Dooku is indeed evil, but during the fight Yoda was merely going for a TKO.

Mider999
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Yoda> Mace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sidious as ROTS showed.

really from what i heard about the comentary on ROTS dvd it said that darth sidious threw the fight most likely, and even then mace would have lost, the pain he was inflicting makes a sith stronger not weaker, the combustion from the saber plus lighting was chocking him in fact.

Darth Martin
Yoda would probably this fight. Though I would give Mace more of a chance than Tyranus though.

kamhal
I think that yoda wins this. His force powers are more developed then windu's ones, and if you to talk about quotes in which yoda was stated as the reatest duelist of the order, obi-wan said something like "if you spent so much time training with your lightsaber then choosing a ship you would be as good as master yoda"
- anakin "i thought i already was"
- obi-wan "only your dreams my young padawan".

Also, while windu was pretty damm close from dooku, he was so close that he didn't know if he could win against him, yet yoda is superior to dooku with the lightsaber, this was let clear in the AOTC, in fact it seems that when yoda decided to finsih the fight, Dooku decides that is time to run or he will lose. I know that the A>B>C arg is not very good but i think it works pretty in this case since windu and dooku were so deadly even.

Darth Martin
Good point, Windu's Shatterpoint might come into play, but Vaapad's dark side effectiveness is useless here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.