Thor & Odin vs Silver Surfer & Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Benny G
No prep, Who win's?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Benny G
No prep, Who win's?

Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin>>>>>>>>Thor>Surfer

Soljer
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin>>>>>>>>Thor>Surfer

Galactus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin>>>>>Surfer>>Thor.

Fixed.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Soljer
Galactus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin>>>>>Surfer>>Thor.

Fixed.

Thor's beaten surfer more than once already, IIRC.

Soljer
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Thor's beaten surfer more than once already, IIRC.

And Spiderman's beaten Firelord.

Batman's beaten Superman.

Squirrel Girl's beaten Thanos.

Need I continue?

Accel
I really wouldn't place Thor beating Surfer in the same category as SMvFL.

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel
I really wouldn't place Thor beating Surfer in the same category as SMvFL.

Not to the same extent, but a non jobbing Surfer is definitly superior to an all-out Thor.

golem370
I am sorry Thor may have beat Silver Surfer but that was jobbing from Silver Surfer. He just as strong faster and more versatile

golem370
Also you could take Odin Silver Surfer and Thor together and they wouldn't have a chance. But a senario that might work Silver Surfer buzzes around Galactus while Thor take his strength belt and wrapps it around his Hammer and gives him the same Godforce he gave Exitar then while Galactus is harmed Odin goes gets his Gungnir- http://www.immortalthor.net/item-gungnir.html and comes back to in seconds and sees Galactus his badly damaged but he has killed Thor and he goes off and then leaves again and gathers his Asgardian relatives to reanimate Destroyer to make full size and with is Spear and Now Thor's Hammer gives Galactus his most powerful Odin Force ever causing ripples over Marvel's Multiverse and fataley wounds Galactus. But LT comes and save his lucky azz

King Kandy
The very first time, under his very first writer, that the surfer fought Thor... They stalemated. Ah, you say, that means they are equal... EXCEPT, that was a surfer being amped by Loki, who's said to many times to count that the surfer is "No Match for Thor".

S-Ranger
If Thor's godblast sent Galactus running surely Odin's going to have some trick's up his sleeve.

golem370
That's BS read some feats of SS- http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

Galan007
Originally posted by S-Ranger
If Thor's godblast sent Galactus running surely Odin's going to have some trick's up his sleeve. PIS, because Juggernaut took a God blast with no ill-effects.

Yet
Galactus whom is>Cytorrak himself couldn't handle it?

Smell that? shit roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for this battle, Surfer and Galactus ftw

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Galan007
PIS, because Juggernaut took a God blast with no ill-effects.

Yet
Galactus whom is>Cytorrak himself couldn't handle it?

Smell that? shit roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for this battle, Surfer and Galactus ftw

Galan speaks the truth. No way does something that couldn't even take Juggs down even hurt Galactus.

golem370
Well isn't Galactus wierd when facing Magic.

Lord S
Surfer and Thor are practically equals. Surfer wasn't going all out when he lost to Thor, whereas Thor was. But still, I'd consider them equals.

Odin is extremely powerful...but not on Galactus' level.

The Power Cosmic takes this.

Howard_Jones
You have got to be f-ing kidding me

Supreme being
Galactus kills those two in a heart beat and people please lets not get confused its like this silver surfer>>Thor

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Lord S
Surfer and Thor are practically equals. Surfer wasn't going all out when he lost to Thor, whereas Thor was. But still, I'd consider them equals.

Odin is extremely powerful...but not on Galactus' level.

The Power Cosmic takes this.

Thor has actually defeated Surfer more times than not. The first time Surfers powers were increased by Loki and they stalemated, the second time Surfer was stomped and was in fear for his life. They have battled more times, but right now thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Thor has actually defeated Surfer more times than not. The first time Surfers powers were increased by Loki and they stalemated, the second time Surfer was stomped and was in fear for his life. They have battled more times, but right now thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Both fights completely debatable as to wherethere they should be classed as pis or not especially the Loki one. The other fight i can think of is the warrior madness fight and the warrior madness stage can only be done twice or so by an asgardian.

lilnutta12
BIG G eats them all

Soujaboy
Honestly if we compare highest feats, Galactus isn't really that much more powerful than Odin.erm

Supreme being
Honestly if we compare highest feats, Galactus isn't really that much more powerful than Odin.erm

A celestial owned all of Asgard thats all that needs to be known although some now say celestial>>>Galactus which i disagree on.

lilnutta12
Originally posted by Supreme being
A celestial owned all of Asgard thats all that needs to be known although some now say celestial>>>Galactus which i disagree on.

i agree with supreme being here

Soujaboy

Yes and Galactus fled from Thor in fear of his life. We can compare low feats all day, it's not gonna get us anywhere.

If we compare Odin, and Galactus highest feats they aren't that much different from one another in terms of magnitude. Galactus does however have a higher rank in the Marvel universe than Odin does.

Galan007
ummm Galactus destroyed the universe. When has Odin done anything to that scale?

juggernaut66666
ummm Galactus destroyed the universe. When has Odin done anything to that scale?
on Sunday no expression

Soujaboy

Odin has caused shock waves throughout the multi-verse, in order for this to happen many universe's must be destroyed or damaged. Odin has also created Alternate dimensions/realities, etc. Like I said if you compare their highest feats their nearly identical.

Supreme being
Yes and Galactus fled from Thor in fear of his life. We can compare low feats all day, it's not gonna get us anywhere.

If we compare Odin, and Galactus highest feats they aren't that much different from one another in terms of magnitude. Galactus does however have a higher rank in the Marvel universe than Odin does.

well theres pis and then theres PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS besides Galactus is king of the jobbers he has to be because a none jobbing galactus would destroy marvel earth within seconds of his arrival.

While on the other hand you have odin whose constantly made to look like a badass and shown to be capable of great feats so when he loses that easily i think we can accept that his outclassed there.

Priest
Odin as more quality feats under his belt.
Still, Galactus >Odin

Soujaboy
well theres pis and then theres PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS besides Galactus is king of the jobbers he has to be because a none jobbing galactus would destroy marvel earth within seconds of his arrival.

Their battle didn't even take place on Marvel earth. Thor and Galactus battled somewhere in the vacuum of space, meaning Marvel earth wasn't involved.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Priest
Odin as more quality feats under his belt.
Still, Galactus >Odin

I agree but Galactus doesn't >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin, Galactus is just more powerful.

masterbruce
Galactus kills Thor and Odin, and then kills Surfer for laughs.

Priest
I agree but Galactus doesn't >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin, Galactus is just more powerful.
yup thumb up

Supreme being
Their battle didn't even take place on Marvel earth. Thor and Galactus battled somewhere in the vacuum of space, meaning Marvel earth wasn't involved.

I know where they fought i was simply stating that Galactus has low showings because if he were to be anything else but a jobber marvel earth wouldn't be around today.

Soujaboy
I know where they fought i was simply stating that Galactus has low showings because if he were to be anything else but a jobber marvel earth wouldn't be around today.

Your right, but many characters can defeat/take over Marvel earth.

Supreme being

Actually Galactus powerlevel isnt set so we dont know how much greater than odin he is, now i am personally not a fan of the saying full powerd Galactus=eternity but he certainly can be greater than currently shown.

Soujaboy
Actually Galactus powerlevel isnt set so we dont know how much greater than odin he is, now i am personally not a fan of the saying full powerd Galactus=eternity but he certainly can be greater than currently shown.

I understand Galactus doesn't have a set power lv, hence is the reason why I claimed that by highest feats Galactus and Odin aren't far from each others power lv.

Lord S
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
You have got to be f-ing kidding me Is that the best you can bring to the argument? If you have more, let's hear it...

The Weather God
Odin ftw! Two god blast by them both could give galactus a run for his money.

roughrider
Galactus tips the balance.
Thor and Odin's only real shot, is for G to be at very low energy.

Mindship
Oh, man, how many times do I have to go through this...

Brief version: IMHO, in their first fight Thor beat Surfer under questionable circumstances. Ie, Surfer had had nearly all his power drained by the sonic shark in FF#72. Loki, at best, could only double what Surfer had at the time of the fight (otherwise, Surfer would not have been able to stalemate Loki).

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by The Weather God
Odin ftw! Two god blast by them both could give galactus a run for his money.

Negative good buddy!

Compare how Thanos responded to shots from Odin, compard to Galactus. He had to plead with G to listen to him (knowing the pain that was about to befell him) He kept getting up against Odin.

G is far above them. The thought of Thor giving G a run for his money really is stupid. I don't even think Regular thor could beat SS.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Mindship
Oh, man, how many times do I have to go through this...

Brief version: IMHO, in their first fight Thor beat Surfer under questionable circumstances. Ie, Surfer had had nearly all his power drained by the sonic shark in FF#72. Loki, at best, could only double what Surfer had at the time of the fight (otherwise, Surfer would not have been able to stalemate Loki).

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

True enough, but Thor defeated him in the second issue of Blood and Thunder. Or was it the third?

juggernaut66666
True enough, but Thor defeated him in the second issue of Blood and Thunder. Or was it the third?
Wasn't that Warrior Madness Thor?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Wasn't that Warrior Madness Thor?

Yes and No. He was in the madness, but didn't posess the Power Gem yet. The madness itself doesn't do anything but, well, make you crazier than Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Stupid Rookie
Yes and No. He was in the madness, but didn't posess the Power Gem yet. The madness itself doesn't do anything but, well, make you crazier than Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

I don't really agree with that. It removes all thought of consequense, and makes you truly believe that no matter when you must win. I mean think of SS with no conscience. He would do a lot of damage then.

Mindship
SS being beaten by Warrior Madness Thor I always felt was legit...though had SS been truly as brutal as WM Thor, I wonder what the outcome might've been then.

Personally, in the overall sense, I have come to see them as equals, with different strengths, different weaknesses, and who beating whom would depend on the circumstances.

Booyah
Team 2 10/10

Roldz
SS being beaten by Warrior Madness Thor I always felt was legit...though had SS been truly as brutal as WM Thor, I wonder what the outcome might've been then.

Personally, in the overall sense, I have come to see them as equals, with different strengths, different weaknesses, and who beating whom would depend on the circumstances.
Could'nt said it any better...

Soujaboy

Fair enough, although Surfer did state that he was no longer holding back, and not even a mad god can defeat the Surfer.

Mindship
Fair enough, although Surfer did state that he was no longer holding back, and not even a mad god can defeat the Surfer.

A premature statement, to be sure. But while SS might've let loose, it still was without the intent to kill, whereas Thor really was going all out unconditionally.

If you had a friend that was drunk and in a killing rage, you might have to use all your strength to subdue him, but you wouldn't be trying to kill him. It's not just a matter of how much power is used but also how one uses that power.

Soujaboy
A premature statement, to be sure. But while SS might've let loose, it still was without the intent to kill, whereas Thor really was going all out unconditionally.

If you had a friend that was drunk and in a killing rage, you might have to use all your strength to subdue him, but you wouldn't be trying to kill him. It's not just a matter of how much power is used but also how one uses that power.

Just letting you know I was playing. However if your friend intent was to kill you, would you not do whatever was in you power to stop him? Just saying when your life is in danger(which Surfer was afraid of during the battle) you do what ever is in your power to stop them.

StarsNeverFall7
Warrior Maddness Thor and SS, two completely different aspects of personality. Warrior Maddness is just that and well SS's nobility often leaves him losing to people he shouldnt. I personally dont think that Thor, Warrior Maddness or not should be able to handle an all out SS, thats just me though.

thtadthtshldntb
That was not Thor in Warrior Madness. Warrior Madness is incurable, as stated by Odin himself. Odin was able to cure Thor of the mental illness from Blood and Thunder.

Thor was just not holding back to the rage he was feeling. He pawned in succession, BRB (would have killed her but Sif saved him, then he almost killed Sif), then Surfer (who was saved by BRB when he regained consciousness). In the middle of this, after BRB and Surfer combined to stun Thor for a few seconds, rather than subdue and disable him they stopped to talk. Then Thor having time, one-shoted BRB with a lighting bolt and beat the crap out of the Surfer.

Then just as he was about to kill the Surfer (and it should be noted that Surfer stated he was not holding back) Warlock and the IW saved the Surfer.

Then Thor beat the crap out of the IW and took the PG from Drax.

Thor has beaten or drawn even with the Surfer everytime they have fought IIRC.

Surfer has stated that Thor is more powerful, and this is classic Thor who is always holding back.

As to JiM #161 (where Thor fought Galactus), and let me say that Galactus is going to take 9.9/10 against any version of Thor less powerful than King Thor, Galactus had just fed on several planets and was exploring, looking for Ego. Galactus was manhandling Ego to an extent when Thor knocked him on his ..... with a Mjollnir throw... Galactus stated that it was one of the most powerful forces he had ever felt. Then Thor was knocked unconscious by a planet busting attack. Then Thor charged a godforce blast, maybe half strength.

It hit Galactus and sent him running for his ship and Galactus stated that he would die from the attack if he did not retreat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Odin's power level.

Odin's highest end feats are:

his almost consumption of the entire 616 universe and his mindraping of the entire population. That was the Infinity Saga. That was only part of Odin's personality drawing upon Odin's power. Odin, once he realized what was going on, absorbed Infinity back into himself (this is not the same Cosmic entity known as Infinity).

then Odin had galaxy busting fight with Forsung the Enchanter....

finally way at then end of Thor v1 when it was renamed back to Journey into Mystery, Odin defeated Seth in a galaxy busting fight.

----------------------------------------------------

Odin will defeat Galactus in a solid majority.

Thor will destroy the Surfer.

Odin and Thor ftw.

Priest
On average showing of galactus i Odin can win at least 5/10

Mindship
Just letting you know I was playing.
Cool. This means I need to clear out some of the cobwebs from 'tween my neurons.

However if your friend intent was to kill you, would you not do whatever was in you power to stop him? Just saying when your life is in danger(which Surfer was afraid of during the battle) you do what ever is in your power to stop them.
Damn straight...though if I could avoid lethal force, I would.

I'm aware of them fighting only twice, and Thor won both rounds. But I have, on numerous occasions, stated my reservations about Fight #1 (ie, Surfer not being at the power level he used to be, prior to the sonic shark incident) and will continue to state them till the end of goddamn time. mad wink

thtadthtshldntb
I'm aware of them fighting only twice, and Thor won both rounds. But I have, on numerous occasions, stated my reservations about Fight #1 (ie, Surfer not being at the power level he used to be, prior to the sonic shark incident) and will continue to state them till the end of goddamn time. mad wink

IIRC they have fought 3 or 4 times (5 if you count the two fights in B&T as separate).

PlasticMan411
Team 1

Mindship
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
IIRC they have fought 3 or 4 times (5 if you count the two fights in B&T as separate).
Cool. Would love to see those. Anyone have scans?

Loot
Galactus is way more powerful then Odin. And Surfer is more powerful then thor.

Supreme being
That was not Thor in Warrior Madness. Warrior Madness is incurable, as stated by Odin himself. Odin was able to cure Thor of the mental illness from Blood and Thunder.

Thor was just not holding back to the rage he was feeling. He pawned in succession, BRB (would have killed her but Sif saved him, then he almost killed Sif), then Surfer (who was saved by BRB when he regained consciousness). In the middle of this, after BRB and Surfer combined to stun Thor for a few seconds, rather than subdue and disable him they stopped to talk. Then Thor having time, one-shoted BRB with a lighting bolt and beat the crap out of the Surfer.

Then just as he was about to kill the Surfer (and it should be noted that Surfer stated he was not holding back) Warlock and the IW saved the Surfer.

Then Thor beat the crap out of the IW and took the PG from Drax.

Thor has beaten or drawn even with the Surfer everytime they have fought IIRC.

Surfer has stated that Thor is more powerful, and this is classic Thor who is always holding back.

As to JiM #161 (where Thor fought Galactus), and let me say that Galactus is going to take 9.9/10 against any version of Thor less powerful than King Thor, Galactus had just fed on several planets and was exploring, looking for Ego. Galactus was manhandling Ego to an extent when Thor knocked him on his ..... with a Mjollnir throw... Galactus stated that it was one of the most powerful forces he had ever felt. Then Thor was knocked unconscious by a planet busting attack. Then Thor charged a godforce blast, maybe half strength.

It hit Galactus and sent him running for his ship and Galactus stated that he would die from the attack if he did not retreat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Odin's power level.

Odin's highest end feats are:

his almost consumption of the entire 616 universe and his mindraping of the entire population. That was the Infinity Saga. That was only part of Odin's personality drawing upon Odin's power. Odin, once he realized what was going on, absorbed Infinity back into himself (this is not the same Cosmic entity known as Infinity).

then Odin had galaxy busting fight with Forsung the Enchanter....

finally way at then end of Thor v1 when it was renamed back to Journey into Mystery, Odin defeated Seth in a galaxy busting fight.

----------------------------------------------------

Odin will defeat Galactus in a solid majority.

Thor will destroy the Surfer.

Odin and Thor ftw.

Huh huh very impressive feats arnt they but the next question is how long ago was these feats accomplished?, back in the day Galactus was top dog and Odin wasn't that far behind so i think certain exceptions need to be made for certain feats of Odin nowadays i wouldn't even place him as a universal threat yet alone multiversal.

thtadthtshldntb
In marvel continuity only about 20 years have passed since Galactus first attacked the Earth. The galaxy destroying battle with Seth happened in continuity somewhat after the Onslaught saga.

More recently in Thor v2, dead Odin created a solar system in trying to explain to Thor about the real nature of the Odinpower.

Soujaboy
In marvel continuity only about 20 years have passed since Galactus first attacked the Earth. The galaxy destroying battle with Seth happened in continuity somewhat after the Onslaught saga.

More recently in Thor v2, dead Odin created a solar system in trying to explain to Thor about the real nature of the Odinpower.

Well good damn job... no expression

One of the few new posters that seems to have some common sense.

thtadthtshldntb
thank you

draxx_tOfU
Big G and SS ftw.... no expression

Supreme being

roll eyes (sarcastic) Common sense would dictate that Odin nearly consuming the entire 616 universe is utter bullshit as the whole pantheon of gods couldn't even scratch a celestial. confused oh wait a minute i get it Odin's been holding back the entire time.

sexyking

roll eyes (sarcastic) Common sense would dictate that Odin nearly consuming the entire 616 universe is utter bullshit as the whole pantheon of gods couldn't even scratch a celestial. confused oh wait a minute i get it Odin's been holding back the entire time.

laughing Oh the irony, you talk about common sense and well i really dont have to say much as supreme being preety much laid it out for you.

BigG and surfer for the win easily.

Soujaboy

Common sense and the misleading of feats are two totally different things. He laid the feats out so if you have a question about some of the feats, than ask for proof.

Food for thought, Thor cracked the dome of the famed Celestial that the whole pantheon couldn't touch. wink

Soujaboy
Originally posted by sexyking
laughing Oh the irony, you talk about common sense and well i really dont have to say much as supreme being preety much laid it out for you.

BigG and surfer for the win easily.

Until Galactus begins easily defeating uber tier characters, I'll stand my ground stating that Galactus and Odin's power lv's aren't far apart.

PlasticMan411
Nah, Team 1

Soujaboy
Originally posted by PlasticMan411
Nah, Team 1

Agreed, just not as easily as some may believe.

leonidas
Agreed, just not as easily as some may believe.

wink

krwman007
Galactus is referred to as the "third force of the universe", with Eternity and Death... He can teleport galaxies across space and time... A nearly drained Galactus is said to rival the powers at the very least of those of the Celestials... His only real weakness is over-confidence and underestimating opponents... He could easily handle Odin...

As for SS, what has been previously said is true...he fights with a conscience...This hurts him oftentimes... However, imagine a Silver Surfer that has just absorbed the energy of an OA central battery or a sun and wants nothing more than to destroy Thor...I think he could easily do it, even a again a "raging" Thor...

Galactus and Silver Surfer destroy Odin and Thor

Evangel94
Marvel has turned Galactus into somewhat of a jobber as of late. Plus Galactus is rarely ever shown to be fully fed and at top fighting shape.

With current depictions, I'm going to give the win to Team 1: Thor & Odin

Roldz
Originally posted by Evangel94
Marvel has turned Galactus into somewhat of a jobber as of late. Plus Galactus is rarely ever shown to be fully fed and at top fighting shape.

With current depictions, I'm going to give the win to Team 1: Thor & Odin
Agreed current depection of this 2 dont see them taken Odin.. Well written one fully feed Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>Odin/Thor...

bigbran
Originally posted by Roldz
Agreed current depection of this 2 dont see them taken Odin.. Well written one fully feed Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>Odin/Thor... Wait, what is so bad about current Galactus?
Who did he lose to, that was worth calling him a jobber?

Galactus, and SS for the win.

Priest
Originally posted by krwman007
Galactus is referred to as the "third force of the universe", with Eternity and Death...

Dosent mean that Big G is as powerfull as Eterinity, but i do belive a "full powered" Galactus is just as powerfull.

He can teleport galaxies across space and time...
Odin can create and destroy galaxies EASILY.

A nearly drained Galactus is said to rival the powers at the very least of those of the Celestials...
I dout a drained Galactus is on par with a Celestial. A Weakend Galactus gets his ass handled to him by the likes of Strange, no pun intended to G.

His only real weakness is over-confidence and underestimating opponents...

Nope, thats the writers fault, i never seen a over confident Glalactus, the only time that i can recall Galactus being "confident" was during the IG saga, in reguards to Adam Warlock.
Besides, overconfident galactus would be really out of his character.

He could easily handle Odin...

NO way, especially if we're talkin about a average showing of galactus. Odin would deffinalty give Big G a run for his money. But anything above half powered Galactus would certainly win.
Dont underestimate the Odin Force.

As for SS, what has been previously said is true...he fights with a conscience...

Which is is way Thor can oull some wins agianst Surfer.

This hurts him oftentimes...

Totally agree with you.

However, imagine a Silver Surfer that has just absorbed the energy of an OA central battery or a sun and wants nothing more than to destroy Thor...

Thor as well is able to absorb energy as well, which would be bad for surfer, considering 90% od Surfers attacks are energy based. If Surfer goes h2h agianst Thor, he'll get creamed. Surfers does have speed on his side, which does even the odds, normally i would give this fight 5/5 both ways.

I think he could easily do it, even a again a "raging" Thor...

No way, not when Thor is not holding back. He took on the Infinity Watch Surfer, and Strange, and gave all of them a beat down. He also went toe to toe agianst thanos, and held the advantage in that fight as well. A Maddened Thor is someone not to take likely, surfer is not pulling any easy wins against him.

Galactus and Silver Surfer destroy Odin and Thor

If this is a average Galactus that is depicted, this would be a even fight. Odin as some crazy feats that are well above most of Galactus's own.

Roldz
Consider how he losses to Ff4 ohh so often, depowered knock off by a titan, being use as a living source of energy, repelled by Asgardians even dough his capable of absorbing the power of Mjonir and Thors lifeforce, i say thats jobbering when at one time destroyed a reality not even fully feed... Current = jobber a lot.. I cant say desame thing to Odin..

bigbran
Consider how he losses to Ff4 ohh so often, depowered knock off by a titan, being use as a living source of energy, repelled by Asgardians even dough his capable of absorbing the power of Mjonir and Thors lifeforce, i say thats jobbering when at one time destroyed a reality not even fully feed... Current = jobber a lot.. I cant say desame thing to Odin.. How does being used as living energy equate into jobbing?
Nevermind that though...
No, current Odin doesn't job (I'll give you that), he's dead... no expression

Roldz
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9762/gabsorbqb8.th.jpg
Galactus in his weakend state absorbs the energies of Mjonir and Thor's life force, it should have been a lot easier for him to deal the likes of Thor and BRB, yet every time against this guys he jobbs.. Hey you mind if i put this in his respect thread.. Id like to know if Mjonirs is powered by Odin force somehow..
Yep Odin bites the dust, but never seen him job dough..

Priest
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9762/gabsorbqb8.th.jpg
Galactus in his weakend state absorbs the energies of Mjonir and Thor's life force, it should have been a lot easier for him to deal the likes of Thor and BRB, yet every time against this guys he jobbs.. Hey you mind if i put this in his respect thread.. Id like to know if Mjonirs is powered by Odin force somehow..
Yep Odin bites the dust, but never seen him job dough..
isent that with tech?

Roldz
isent that with tech?
Kinda but Galactus took over...

D-Block
This would be a good battle it could go either way it really depends on what kind of condition big G is in.

draxx_tOfU
**sigh**

Galactus jobs, but like it or not, he is above ANY skyfather and their kin...

G and SS ftw 10/10...

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
**sigh**

Galactus jobs, but like it or not, he is above ANY skyfather and their kin...

Yes Thor almost killed him with one shot, and Odin is thousands of times more powerful than Thor.

Soujaboy
If can someone can point out one time in history Galactus has been "fully" fed it would appreciated.

I would also like for someone to give some feats that put Galactus so much higher than Odin.

Priest
If can someone can point out one time in history Galactus has been "fully" fed it would appreciated.
NEVER!

I would also like for someone to give some feats that put Galactus so much higher than Odin.
There is one feat that Galactus has that puts him above Odin, he destroyed the universe. not sure if its cannon tho.
Odin would still give him a good fight.

Tshern
There is one feat that Galactus has that puts him above Odin, he destroyed the universe. not sure if its cannon tho.
Odin would still give him a good fight.
How about devouring a Celestial?

Priest
Originally posted by Tshern
How about devouring a Celestial?
forgot about that, which celestial, and also was that with the help of Tech?

Tshern
The Dreaming Celestial. If I recall correctly, there was no tech involved. Feel free to correct me, though.

Bentley
I think that Galactus is stronger than Odin based in how Thanos faced each one of them. Thanos attacked Odin with everything he got and never gave any sign of weakness against him, he didnt show any respect for his position (despite being losing).

The mad titan wouldnt dare to face Galactus one on one if he was well-fed. Thanos has fought against most of the universe already, he has a vast intelligence so I say he is a good character to base my assumptions.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Bentley
I think that Galactus is stronger than Odin based in how Thanos faced each one of them. Thanos attacked Odin with everything he got and never gave any sign of weakness against him, he didnt show any respect for his position (despite being losing).

The mad titan wouldnt dare to face Galactus one on one if he was well-fed. Thanos has fought against most of the universe already, he has a vast intelligence so I say he is a good character to base my assumptions.

So you base the whole argument of one fight, in which Thanos was being dominated? Either way, Thanos lost battles.

Anyways here's a scan that shows a writter claiming that Galactus and Odin are rivals.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/Odinreference2Galactus.jpg

You can take it with a grain of salt, for it is just a scan.

Bentley
Thanos has experimented both powers of Galactus and Odin, he preferred to stand against Thor's father, that says something.

That scan talks mostly about the inner thinking of Asgardians towards their relationship with Galactus, they dont make an objetive claim from a neutral standpoint of the situation. Its still a cool scan though.

Soujaboy
Thanos has experimented both powers of Galactus and Odin, he preferred to stand against Thor's father, that says something.

And Thor would choose to fight Galactus before he would fight Odin. That really doesn't establish the one character is greater than power than another.

Bentley
Well, Galactus was weak at the time. I bet Thanos himself would've charged against Galactus if he saw there was a chance to win.

Thanos is neutral to the power of the two, Thor is not, he knows Odin and he is more afraid of him. Thor's ignorance of Galactus power was what led him to fight him and to think he beat him fair and square afterwards.

Soujaboy
Well, Galactus was weak at the time. I bet Thanos himself would've charged against Galactus if he saw there was a chance to win.

Thanos is neutral to the power of the two, Thor is not, he knows Odin and he is more afraid of him. Thor's ignorance of Galactus power was what led him to fight him and to think he beat him fair and square afterwards.

huh?

Thor did defeat Galactus embarrasment

Bentley
As stated in the Imperiex vs Galactus thread, the credibility of the world devourer is pretty hurted because of the negative showings it had in order to boost some other characters (I'm still not very convinced by that "Sentry stalemating Galactus" thing). Right now its explained by dictating how hungry the character is.

If he is well fed, Galactus is a force of nature.

Soujaboy
As stated in the Imperiex vs Galactus thread, the credibility of the world devourer is pretty hurted because of the negative showings it had in order to boost some other characters (I'm still not very convinced by that "Sentry stalemating Galactus" thing). Right now its explained by dictating how hungry the character is.

If he is well fed, Galactus is a force of nature.

What relevance does that have to this thread? confused

Bentley
Errr... Thor beating Galactus, impressions of the Asgardians in the scan shown above. My argument is that Thor and Odin think that they can beat Galactus because they can. But only if Galactus is in one of his weakened forms. If we pick Galan with most of his powers, the general consensus is that they dont stand a chance.

My mention of Thanos was meant to illustrate how a character who is very powerful would rather face Odin who can use his full might at anytime, that cross the recurringly weak Galactus in a straight battle. Maybe I'm giving it more credit than needed to this fact, but it seems like there is something implied in those actions that could be explored to explain the match.

Soujaboy
Errr... Thor beating Galactus, impressions of the Asgardians in the scan shown above. My argument is that Thor and Odin think that they can beat Galactus because they can. But only if Galactus is in one of his weakened forms. If we pick Galan with most of his powers, the general consensus is that they dont stand a chance.

My mention of Thanos was meant to illustrate how a character who is very powerful would rather face Odin who can use his full might at anytime, that cross the recurringly weak Galactus in a straight battle. Maybe I'm giving it more credit than needed to this fact, but it seems like there is something implied in those actions that could be explored to explain the match.

sure...

Bentley
I kind of got confused when I posted the last comment, its hard to keep up with every explanation I try to give since some of my points are not evident at all times.

If you think that my argument about Thanos dont hold ANY grounds about this topic, feel free to dismiss it. I will need to do some reading before giving a solid proof about this topic otherwise.

In any case I'm pretty sure that Galactus is meant to be stronger than Odin, every description of his nature indicate that, most of the people here will agree, but I'm willing to look into this fact more carefully later on.

Priest
Originally posted by Tshern
The Dreaming Celestial. If I recall correctly, there was no tech involved. Feel free to correct me, though.
intersting, but from wat i recall the dreaming celestial resides on marvel earth erm

thtadthtshldntb
People, the Celestials apparently reside in Hyperspace. Those armored forms are just how they manifest. For instance Arishem was on Earth and Pangaea at the same time.

Defeating an armored form of a Celestial as Galactus has done, or even Sue Richards is not a gigantic feat.

Secondly, when Thor drove off Galactus in 161, Galactus had just consumed planets throughout several solar systems.

How do we know? Because that's how they found him, they tracked him through the wreckage of several solar systems.

Now Thor vs Galactus, Galactus should win 9.9/10. Thor wins if he hits his Godforce blast with a reasonable amount of charge. That is what almost killed Galactus.

As to Odin and Galactus, Lee and Kirby designed them to be about equals and all of their writings with the two confirm that. Also both were depicted as far more powerful and in Galactus' case with more respect under those two.

As to Thanos vs Odin, Odin was barely using any of his power and he was slapping Thanos around like a ragdoll. All Odin was doing was trying to drive Thanos, the Surfer , et al away from Asgard. Proof is that he just slapped Surfer away from Asgard rather than kill him. Just as Odin started to get angry that Thanos would not go away and Thanos could barely stand, AW saved Thanos by interceding before Odin lost it.

bigbran
huh?

Thor did defeat Galactus embarrasment No, Thor has never fought/beat Galactus one on one.

But, if you are talking about the time Thor cheapshotted Galactus twice, while Galactus was fighting Ego, then ya, Thor managed to drive him off.

Galactus wasn't even paying attention Thor, and after the first hit, Galactus threw Thor, and Thor thought he was dead, until Ego saved him.

Galactus was also weak, when this happened. Even Thor himself said it in a later book.
A little pis helps out too...

Soujaboy
Originally posted by bigbran
No, Thor has never fought/beat Galactus one on one.

But, if you are talking about the time Thor cheapshotted Galactus twice, while Galactus was fighting Ego, then ya, Thor managed to drive him off.

Galactus wasn't even paying attention Thor, and after the first hit, Galactus threw Thor, and Thor thought he was dead, until Ego saved him.

Galactus was also weak, when this happened. Even Thor himself said it in a later book.
A little pis helps out too...

Looks like Thor defeates him in these scans...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst4.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst5.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst6.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst7.jpg

bigbran
Looks like Thor defeates him in these scans...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst4.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst5.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst6.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/ThorvsGalactusfirst7.jpg I already explained everything.
Galactus wasn't even paying attention to him.
The only time Galactus acknowledged him was after the first shot.
Basically, Thor got two free shots on Galactus.

He was also weakened, so I don't see what your trying to get at here. Plus, a little bit of pis helps out too.

thtadthtshldntb
I already explained everything.

He was also weakened, so I don't see what your trying to get at here. Plus, a little bit of pis helps out too.

Except that, with Thor's final attack, he almost kills Galactus and sends running away.

If Thor's barely half strength Godforce blast almost killed him, what do you think Odin's would do, or a full strength blast from Thor?

bigbran
Except that, with Thor's final attack, he almost kills Galactus and sends running away.

If Thor's barely half strength Godforce blast almost killed him, what do you think Odin's would do, or a full strength blast from Thor? I already said some pis had interference.

When has Odin showed the ability to do a godblast?

Soujaboy
I already explained everything.

It was obvious he fed on some planets, or they would have never found him in the first place. He wasn't anywhere near full strength, but he wasn't starving either.

Oh well, Those two free shots did wonders.

Yea PIS helps, but you can't deny that it happened.

bigbran
It was obvious he fed on some planets, or they would have never found him in the first place. He wasn't anywhere near full strength, but he wasn't starving either.

Oh well, Those two free shots did wonders.

Yea PIS helps, but you can't deny that it happened. But during his fight with Ego, he got weakened, a bit.
Just a minute...
Found it!
Thor tells it bestest.
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3553/atlantisattackspart13thec8.th.jpg
(click on pic, when it comes up)
Read the Galactus part.

Ya, it did happen, Spider-Man beating Firelord also happened, so why not bring that up too?

Soujaboy
But during his fight with Ego, he got weakened, a bit.
Just a minute...
Found it!
Thor tells it bestest.
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3553/atlantisattackspart13thec8.th.jpg
(click on pic, when it comes up)
Read the Galactus part.

Ya, it did happen, Spider-Man beating Firelord also happened, so why not bring that up too?

You do know that comic was retconned, don't you?

It's been occasionally said on message boards this was changed to Thor tapping into Odin's power, and a clip from Thor Annual #14(what you have there) is sometimes said to support this.

However, Thor is talking to the reader there, which alone makes it weakish it terms of continuity. Plus, even on the off chance that it was somehow meant as an alteration of events in 161, which I honestly doubt as there is no backup outside of this page at all to my knowledge, it would then be re retconned back by two later issues regardless.

First in Thor #412

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/ThorvsJuggernaut.jpg

And again in FFTWGCM #11:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/Odinreference2Galactus.jpg

bigbran
You do know that comic was retconned, don't you?

It's been occasionally said on message boards this was changed to Thor tapping into Odin's power, and a clip from Thor Annual #14(what you have there) is sometimes said to support this.

However, Thor is talking to the reader there, which alone makes it weakish it terms of continuity. Plus, even on the off chance that it was somehow meant as an alteration of events in 161, which I honestly doubt as there is no backup outside of this page at all to my knowledge, it would then be re retconned back by two later issues regardless.

First in Thor #412

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/ThorvsJuggernaut.jpg

And again in FFTWGCM #11:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/Odinreference2Galactus.jpg Umm, what Thor said, was the exact things that happened to Galactus. Galactus was fighting Ego, Galactus got weakened in his battle with Ego. Thor cheapshotted him.
Last, I heard, that when something happens, and someone explains how they, themselves have did it, it seems to hold some ground.
Also, where was this ret-conned?

Wait, that second scan has nothing to do with it.
In fact, all the second scan said was that he defeated Galactus. He didn't say that he was weakened is the only difference.

The first one, only says that he defeated Galactus.

Those scans are basically the same thing I said, except that "Galactus was weakened" was left out.
Don't see how relevent that is.

thtadthtshldntb
I already said some pis had interference.

When has Odin showed the ability to do a godblast?

Of course Odin can do a Godforce blast. Thor himself calls it an Asgardian power, meaning that all Asgardians can do it. Given as well that most of the powers that Thor has, Odin gave him, this supports Odin being able to do this as well.

bigbran
Of course Odin can do a Godforce blast. Thor himself calls it an Asgardian power, meaning that all Asgardians can do it. Given as well that most of the powers that Thor has, Odin gave him, this supports Odin being able to do this as well. SS has went at warp speed, so why don't we say that Galactus does that here too?
Galactus warp speedblitzes all of these guys.

Soujaboy
Umm, what Thor said, was the exact things that happened to Galactus. Galactus was fighting Ego, Galactus got weakened in his battle with Ego. Thor cheapshotted him.
Last, I heard, that when something happens, and someone explains how they, themselves have did it, it seems to hold some ground.
Also, where was this ret-conned?

Wait, that second scan has nothing to do with it.
In fact, all the second scan said was that he defeated Galactus. He didn't say that he was weakened is the only difference.

The first one, only says that he defeated Galactus.

Those scans are basically the same thing I said, except that "Galactus was weakened" was left out.
Don't see how relevent that is.

Your scan stated that Thor drew power from Odin to defeat Galactus. That comic was later retconned in those comics to state that Thor alone defeated Galactus. Thus your scan holds no weight seeing as how it's not cannon.

Soujaboy
SS has went at warp speed, so why don't we say that Galactus does that here too?
Galactus warp speedblitzes all of these guys.

Odin can warpspeed also. The old god transversed the entire length of the universe in moments.

bigbran
Your scan stated that Thor drew power from Odin to defeat Galactus. That comic was later retconned in those comics to state that Thor alone defeated Galactus. Thus your scan holds no weight seeing as how it's not cannon. I wasn't pointing out where he got the power from.

I was pointing out the conditiong Galactus was in.
Odin can warpspeed also. The old god transversed the entire length of the universe in moments. Issue#?

Soujaboy
I wasn't pointing out where he got the power from.

I was pointing out the conditiong Galactus was in.
Issue#?

I'll just give you the scans

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/OdinvsForsung1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/OdinvsForsung2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/OdinvsForsung3.jpg

bigbran
I'll just give you the scans

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/OdinvsForsung1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/OdinvsForsung2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/OdinvsForsung3.jpg I read every scan a couple times, and I haven't seen the warp speed comment...

Also, there was no time given for how long it took.

Surfer however...

Soujaboy
I read every scan a couple times, and I haven't seen the warp speed comment...

Also, there was no time given for how long it took.

Surfer however...

It doesn't have to say it for you to know. It's obvious seeing as how he transversed the entire universe in moments.

It wasn't long, both teams were standing in similar fashion before he left, and were in the same positions and postures when he returned.

Show me a scan of Surfer or even Galactus transversing the entire universe in moments.

bigbran
It doesn't have to say it for you to know. It's obvious seeing as how he transversed the entire universe in moments.

It wasn't long, both teams were standing in similar fashion before he left, and were in the same positions and postures when he returned.

Show me a scan of Surfer or even Galactus transversing the entire universe in moments. Well, by how they are watching them, why would they move around?

Also, I never claimed that they could, I just said that Surfer could go warpspeed (with comment on the panel, if you want it).
It was in regards to Odin doing a Godblast.

Soujaboy
Well, by how they are watching them, why would they move around?

Also, I never claimed that they could, I just said that Surfer could go warpspeed (with comment on the panel, if you want it).
It was in regards to Odin doing a Godblast.

Well if it lasted too long(which it didn't) than they would have moved.

As can Odin.

I was never talking about Odin doing a god blast.

bigbran
Is Asgard part of the universe again?

Never said you did.
But you answered the post where I was doing a comparison to someone else.

Also, how often does Odin actually use his speed other than that occasion?

Soujaboy
Is Asgard part of the universe again?

Never said you did.
But you answered the post where I was doing a comparison to someone else.

Also, how often does Odin actually use his speed other than that occasion?

Yes?

ok.

never.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.