reasons for being a J/E shipper..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hambah
ok i was talking to my friend about potc, and she said she was a WE shipper and i said i was JE and she actually said "ewww"...she asked why, and i didnt know how to explain it to her...can anyone help me, or give me tips on turning her into a JE shipper? or WHY we're JE shippers?

Hambah
yeah and reasons besides like chemistry and how "hot" they are as an on-screen couple

willofthewisp
1. Jack and Liz are two peas in a pod and actually have a lot in common, more so than she and Will.

2. They seem more evenly matched than Will and Liz because they have definite strengths and weaknesses and neither really overshadows the other, whereas in a W/E relationship, he (inadvertently) upstages her.

3. No girl should go with a guy who has been OBSESSED with her for the last few years and yet can't even call her by her first name. Jack seems to be a little more adult about things.

4. Jack definitely has a respect for Liz if nothing else, and his respect isn't given to just anyone. He has to really admire a person to give it, and he does with her, indicating she's special to him.

5. Jack and Liz challenge each other, not only emotionally, but even just in abilities. Who would have thought Jack had it in him to come back and grapple a kracken had Liz not put the realization into his head that he was good deep down?

6. Liz has always been fascinated by pirates and loves adventure. Being with Jack would be having the kind of man and life she's always dreamed about.

7. Liz has blatantly refused Jack's advances at least twice (not being seduced the other way on the island while she was getting him drunk and refusing his "marriage proposal"wink, indicating she doesn't have some schoolgirl crush on him. If she's going to have him, she's going to make sure it's on the terms she wants. This is a pretty mature thing to do rather than give in right away and assume he'll change for her.

8. Jack finds her sexy when she smells salty, is sunburned, probably has bad breath and mildewed clothes (this is on a ship for a long amount of time), and bleaching hair. He finds all of her beautiful, inside and out.

9. Both want freedom and feel they don't have enough of it. Birds of a feather flock together.

10. They seem to have real chemistry and open each other's eyes to new ideas about themselves and looking at the world. You don't see them acting that way around anyone else.

Hambah
thanks smile

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by Hambah
ok i was talking to my friend about potc, and she said she was a WE shipper and i said i was JE and she actually said "ewww"...she asked why, and i didnt know how to explain it to her...can anyone help me, or give me tips on turning her into a JE shipper? or WHY we're JE shippers?

omg same thing happens with me all the time...excpet after being on herea lot i finally know my reasons! lol but they still wont give in urghhh... mad

SarahB
well i guess u cnt change ppls minds (lol wudnt tht be kl!) no matter how much u persuade 'em. but lolbig grin dw r they W/E shippers?

Swann&Sparrow
Tell them to check out every single post from the last 5 months on KMC Forums.

'Read 'em and weep'

tee_pirategirl
11. cause we are TIRED of seeing the same love story repeat itself..i'm not talking abot JE being hot.

I'm talking about the girl always having prior engagements with a man of high rank who she doesn't care for THAT MUCH for whatever bizzare reason (Titanic, COTBP, The Notebook,ANTZ, Alladin....) for this fun guy who isn't as GREAT as the first one but still PERFECT in a strange way, sorta a rebel but will still love her to the end of time and take care of her with all his might.

why not give the bad guy a chance huh? why shouldn't the pirate get a girl? he has a heart TOO! he might actually be a good guy if he's given the chance but he will never be PURE and hands down GOOD GUY....

if lizzie is looking for stability..than that's not the way to go..but what EVER happened to adventure and FREEDOM..isn't that one of the things this movie is trying to say? what if she DOESN'T WANT someone to take care of her? maybe she wants some one to challenge her, fill he life wiff excitement 10 years from now and help HER help HERSELF

Mistypirate
Plain and simple, because they are the hottest ship on the Caribbean. smile

willofthewisp
Not just the Caribbean, love. The entire ocean.

Mistypirate
big grin LOL of course

willofthewisp
I have to admit, I didn't even consider this pairing until I came here. I thought watching DMC was like some great drug high and I was still trippy seeing Jack and Liz kiss. wacko LovelyOne and company converted me and I saw how much sense it made. It's not a pairing that easily comes to mind for most people, but yet once it's in there, it's hard to get it out.

Mistypirate
I wasn't a J/L shipper either, I was ok with the W/E pairing, it was a Disney movie so I was expecting it, but after watching DMC, I realized that there was a lot of potential for these characters to develop romantically. The chemistry was totally awesome. The J/L scenes were fantastic. It was something I didn't expected. When I went to see it for the 1st time, I was totally unaware as to wot was going to happen. I went in to see it spoiler free, and then the kiss totally shocked me. It was great to see it without expecting it, it was awesome. And from there I felled in love with the idea of a J/L pairing. That was what made me go back and see the movie 8 times.

Hambah
yeah, same here. i was a WE shipper until i saw the second movie. when i saw it, i liked the idea of a JE ship, but i didnt think it was possible. then i came here and people like LovelyOne helped it to make sense and for it to seem possible.

ivebeendepped43
BECAUSE THEY KISS! isnt that enough proof?! and Jack is a sexy beast! Will is.......................well, not even a beast, we'll put it that way.

Hambah
hahaha. i didnt like will at all in the second movie. i thought he was okay in the first..mostly..

Mistypirate
Yes, me to I liked Will's character in COTBP

ivebeendepped43
he was OK! but even worse in DMC

Mistypirate
LMAO True laughing out loud

ivebeendepped43
lol very!

willofthewisp
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3215394/2/

This isn't mine, but if you want a reason why J/E works, read this short fanfic and give the lady a standing ovation. I am obsessed with it right now.

Mistypirate
Wow! thanks Willoft that was great clap

PirateDiva
Originally posted by willofthewisp

This isn't mine, but if you want a reason why J/E works, read this short fanfic and give the lady a standing ovation. I am obsessed with it right now.

OMG jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop That was REMAKABLE!!! Who is that Girl and lets hire her to write POTC4 the JACK AND ELIZABETH STORY....Who ever said Jack and Lizzy dont belong....are big "SOMETHING" HEADS! Thats sent chills down MY spine!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! Thanks for that!!!

Giving her a Standing ovation for sure!!

willofthewisp
Her name is sleepy lotus and she has quite a few short stories about POTC, most of them great.

tee_pirategirl
yaeh I'm such a fan of her writing..I actually wanted to post that but I forgot...I'm just ADDICTED to fanfic right now if the summary reads JE I'm all for it

PirateDiva
whats is this fanfic?

willofthewisp
It's a really short, two-scene fanfiction about Liz and Jack. It's not mine, but I found it and loved it and thought I'd share it.

a-k-a-amber
I LOVE SLEEPY LOTUS!... hold on read this!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3187916/1/

theres two chappies so dont forget to click over smile

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp

holy crap that is entirely too hot for reading before 10 pm---- i am now officially obsessed with it too... i'm like on the edge of my seat for more... tell her to hurry up and write the rest!!!!!!!!!

lol. smile thank you a million for sharing it. so much for studying. lol. i'll just re-read it for a while...

willofthewisp
You should look up her other stories! They're all hot.

Question Kate: where was the original thread where we put in our J/E fantasies, like them sword fighting and dancing and stuff? I want to rescue it but I have no idea how far back it would be.

PirateDiva
Omg im reading Sleepy Lotus's stuff and...i want to CRY!!!!! wE Are never going to get scenes as ****ing BEAUTIFUL as those!! They only exsit in our imaginations.....and thanks to Sleepy Lotus...only in our Hearts!!!!

I had to slap myself a couple of times to come back from cloud 9 because these stories are soooo good!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.