which immortality would you rather have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
would you rather have deadpools or logans?

one can not die no matter what unless thanos or some one more powerful allows it.

or logan who can deside if he wishes to keep living or if he wishes to die

inamilist

Do either Deadpool or Wolverine age?

and if they do, can they really be immortal?

capt it up
Originally posted by inamilist

I doubt they do not in 616.

Soljer
Eh, there are few beings that could actually override Deadpool's immortality.

Whereas Logan simply has to lose two fights in a row, and if I recall correctly, he mentioned that the fights keep getting harder.

I'll take Deadpool's.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
Eh, there are few beings that could actually override Deadpool's immortality.

Whereas Logan simply has to lose two fights in a row, and if I recall correctly, he mentioned that the fights keep getting harder.

I'll take Deadpool's.
dident he also mention before that he did not have to fight the demond at first, but after killing him he ahd too. I wonder if he will defeat the demond for good also what was the name of it again I wanna look him up and I do not have my comics on me

long pig
Originally posted by inamilist

Of course they age, otherwise they would still be newborns.

Neither are truely immortal, but they both are close. Maybe able to reach 500 years or so.

Soljer
I don't recall off the top of my head, however:

Originally posted by manjaro
Yay me!, this is my first upload..i finally got around to giving a f **** how this is done...ironically tho i always thought it was bing bam boom, and scans of entire issues came out of nowhere, but the kid is totally proud of himself cool so you know.....new found respect for the ppl who do this on a regular...i know it might look a little short but dont worry all the scans are there

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-001.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-002.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-003-004.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-008.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-009-010.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-011.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-012.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-013-014.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-015-016.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-017-018.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-019.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-020.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-021.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Wolverine48-022.jpg

There ya go.

capt it up
Originally posted by long pig
Of course they age, otherwise they would still be newborns.

Neither are truely immortal, but they both are close. Maybe able to reach 500 years or so.
no it was pritty clearly stated both are immortal. also they both stop aging at there prime age which is around 35-40

capt it up

There ya go.
thanks

Soljer
Originally posted by capt it up
no it was pritty clearly stated both are immortal. also they both stop aging at there prime age which is around 35-40

35-40 is not the human prime.

Not even close.

The human male reaches his prime around 25.

long pig
What stated that?

In Wolverine's own comic, less than a year ago, they said he was almost immortal, but not quite.

He does age, he's aged since he's joined x-men i.e He admitted so when he fought Gambit and Gambit proved to be faster than him.

capt it up

Not even close.

really lol I always thought it was when you were older neevr mind there roughly 25 well logan is how ever deadpool may not be sicne he got it at a later age.

capt it up
Originally posted by long pig
What stated that?

In Wolverine's own comic, less than a year ago, they said he was almost immortal, but not quite.

He does age, he's aged since he's joined x-men i.e He admitted so when he fought Gambit and Gambit proved to be faster than him.
he said he was getting old lol not that he was serously getting old he just felt like he messed up.

deadpool been stated as immortal for years

logan was stated in 91 how ever he recently in issue 48 was said to be unable to die unelss he loses a match in the after life or if he chooses to die

capt it up
also I like to mention both logan sabertooth deadpool and a few other body can not get any weaker only strongert becuase there healing factor keeps them at there best form meaning they will remain like that unless there powers are taken from them

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has been physically the same age since since at least WW2. We have seen many flash backs involving Wolverine's early life as a soldier (among other things) and the guy has been physically in his thirties to forties for the majority of his life. I don't think he has a "slowed" aging process so much as he hit a certain age and stop, hell if anything the guy has been unofficially de-aged in the last ten years. My guess would be that Wolverine stopped aging around the time he fought Sabretooth in "24 Hours." Up to that point, and really right up until when he was bonded with Adamantium, Wolverine scarcely used his healing factor or claws, never really putting him self into situations a normal man couldn't survive but this fight with Sabretooth was different; likely the first time Logan "died". It's all speculation on my part but I figure it is possible that the first time his healing factor revived him it stop his aging as well.

*shrugs*

Also shortly after Wolverine fought Gambit, Deathbird commented that Wolverine was in such bad shape during this time frame that the only thing keeping him alive was his stubborn will... or she may have said he was too stupid to know he was dead... I forget but it was something along those lines.

Alfheim

There ya go.

So basically its true. He can now regenerate from bone, and no explanation has be given why yet?

DarkCrawler
Deadpool, probably.

Not even close.

Namor stopped physically aging around 25, I think. He has kind of same situation then Wolverine, every time he has died, Neptune refuses to let his soul to go to Pluto's realm and returns him alive.

Ulysses Bloodstone looks to be around 25 too I guess. Usually immortals look 30-40 though...

xmarksthespot
Probably Deadpool.
no it was pritty clearly stated both are immortal. also they both stop aging at there prime age which is around 35-40 He ages. He just ages very slowly. See Here Comes Tomorrow. This immortality isn't the same as that of the Externals.

Mider999
deadpool or wolverine,,,,,,,,,,,,i was gonna choose beyonder where i could choose to die or not and not be hurt and such.

StarsNeverFall7
Ill go with Deadpools, not only does his healing top Wolverines, he is immortal by Thanos' hand...

ThePittman
Well with DP you have to have his cancer to have his healing factor but from what I remember they both age just very VERY slow.

Galan007
would you rather have deadpools or logans?

one can not die no matter what unless thanos or some one more powerful allows it.

or logan who can deside if he wishes to keep living or if he wishes to die I would definatley rather have Deadpool's immortality.

Howard_Jones
I'd go with Deadpool, of both.

However, Wolverine died in Wolverine: The End though, so it's plausible. I don't really buy the whole "I'll die when I want" sort of thing.

Doc Potato
So... forgive the fact that I haven't actually read every Wolvie or Dp comic in history, but since when did Wolvie only heal by willpower and when did they say Wade's immortal?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Doc Potato
So... forgive the fact that I haven't actually read every Wolvie or Dp comic in history, but since when did Wolvie only heal by willpower and when did they say Wade's immortal?

Wade's immortality - Deadpool: Funeral for a Freak
Wolverine's - Newest issue of Wolverine.

capt it up
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I'd go with Deadpool, of both.

However, Wolverine died in Wolverine: The End though, so it's plausible. I don't really buy the whole "I'll die when I want" sort of thing.
wolverine the end is not 616 and he did not die in it

capt it up
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Probably Deadpool.
He ages. He just ages very slowly. See Here Comes Tomorrow. This immortality isn't the same as that of the Externals.
no he does not age. in here coems tommarrow he was the same age and he was 350. he immortal in 616 he no longer ages.

Sam Z
Capt i got a question. What if every cell of Logan's body is destroyed, can he still survive?

capt it up
Originally posted by Sam Z
Capt i got a question. What if every cell of Logan's body is destroyed, can he still survive?
yes becuase it his soul that immortal as long as he defeat's the demond he wil revive

Sparkz
yes becuase it his soul that immortal as long as he defeat's the demond he wil revive

How does he come back from the afterlife then? is a body remade for him? and if so why would it always have an adamntium laced skeleton?

capt it up
Originally posted by Sparkz
How does he come back from the afterlife then? is a body remade for him? and if so why would it always have an adamntium laced skeleton?
his body is remade due to his immortality and it just remade over the adamatium skeleton.

Sam Z
So it just reappears?

capt it up
So it just reappears?

no it regenerates how ever he does not need any skilnn or just to make it regenerate

Sparkz
no it regenerates how ever he does not need any skilnn or just to make it regenerate

So it kinda goes how Cell regenerated in DBZ? from a single Cell and then that multiplies and regenerates untill his body is fully restored, except he dosn't need 1 Cell to survive.

Sam Z

Ok thanks.

capt it up
So it kinda goes how Cell regenerated in DBZ? from a single Cell and then that multiplies and regenerates untill his body is fully restored, except he dosn't need 1 Cell to survive.
yup

capt it up
Ok thanks.
welx

Sparkz
yup

good to know.

Doc Potato
Well... that sucks...

Sam Z
Oh one last thing. How? I mean was it his last upgrade that made him capable of that or he always was capable of that but wasn't aware?

Sparkz
Oh one last thing. How? I mean was it his last upgrade that made him capable of that or he always was capable of that but wasn't aware?

I think its kind of a retcon so in the past when he's healed from stupid things it explains why he was always able to comeback, so he wasnt aware of it.

capt it up
seema like he always been that way and was aware of it sicne at least the time magneto ripped his skeleton out

Sparkz
seema like he always been that way and was aware of it sicne at least the time magneto ripped his skeleton out

Didn't Jean stop him from going to the light though? So he wasnt aware he had a choice.

Sam Z
Yeah. So if he hadn't adamantium bones and got thrown into volcano for example, he would've just appear at the same place he was "killed"

Howard_Jones
wolverine the end is not 616 and he did not die in it

I know it's not 616, but it leaves you with the knowledge that he's toast, considering he had just killed his brother.

Metalmanx
no he does not age. in here coems tommarrow he was the same age and he was 350. he immortal in 616 he no longer ages.

Where was it stated that he no longer ages? To my knowledge, he just ages very very slowly. He can probably live for several hundred years. But I don't see him being truly immortal. erm

Metalmanx
Oh, and the latest information concerning Wolverine's new "immortality" is probably the studidest thing I've ever read. And no, it's not because I'm a "Wolvie Hater". It's because it's the stupidest thing written in a comic in a long time.

xmarksthespot
no he does not age. in here coems tommarrow he was the same age and he was 350. he immortal in 616 he no longer ages. He was clearly depicted older. Likewise in Days of Future Past. He ages, he just ages slowly.

capt it up
Didn't Jean stop him from going to the light though? So he wasnt aware he had a choice.
no he died actaully jean comments on it. they also show the picture of it in the latest comic. He came back to life and saved jean

capt it up
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I know it's not 616, but it leaves you with the knowledge that he's toast, considering he had just killed his brother.
if it not 616 it matter nothing

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Where was it stated that he no longer ages? To my knowledge, he just ages very very slowly. He can probably live for several hundred years. But I don't see him being truly immortal. erm
seeing as how he ahs no age in over 80 years. seeing as how the closest universe to 616 show logan at 350 years of age and had no changed a bit. they also stated his healign factor keeps him at his prime form which means aging would make him weaker in which case that be the opposit of what the healing factor does.

capt it up
He was clearly depicted older. Likewise in Days of Future Past. He ages, he just ages slowly.
no he was not I own the issues he was the same look as always. days of the future past he did look older how ever again niether are 616 and in both of them he died which comes to show his abilities were not the same as there 616 counter part

capt it up
Oh, and the latest information concerning Wolverine's new "immortality" is probably the studidest thing I've ever read. And no, it's not because I'm a "Wolvie Hater". It's because it's the stupidest thing written in a comic in a long time.
please why is it stupid? you have no problems with deadpool yet you do with logan? at least logans makes senses and has been stated since 91.

Dinalfos
Wolverine's immortality isn't totally idiotic. I mean, why not. I've seen weirder things happen in comics. As long as he's not UNKILLABLE immortal.

capt it up
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Wolverine's immortality isn't totally idiotic. I mean, why not. I've seen weirder things happen in comics. As long as he's not UNKILLABLE immortal.
he can be killed but he will come back it really does not make him any harder to kill. his healing factor was also upgraded it seems and that the thing that makes him harder to defeat.

xmarksthespot
no he was not I own the issues he was the same look as always. days of the future past he did look older how ever again niether are 616 and in both of them he died which comes to show his abilities were not the same as there 616 counter part His hair is greyed. Both are progressions of 616 reality, there's nothing to suggest that either Days of Future Past or Here Comes Tomorrow had different abilities. He dies in Here Comes Tomorrow because Sublime strips him of his powers iirc.

capt it up
His hair is greyed. Both are progressions of 616 reality, there's nothing to suggest that either Days of Future Past or Here Comes Tomorrow had different abilities. He dies in Here Comes Tomorrow because Sublime strips him of his powers iirc.
his hair was not gray it was black he ahd no aged at all. also ya there abilities were clearly different since they died and logan from 616 did not.

also you do realize days of the future past logan lived right? they did a recon of it and in it he had black hair.

xmarksthespot
his hair was not gray it was black he ahd no aged at all. also ya there abilities were clearly different since they died and logan from 616 did not. I recall the hair being greyed, I will check. You can't use the fact that they died as the reason for their abilities being different and the the abilities being different as the reason they died. That's not a sound argument.
also you do realize days of the future past logan lived right? they did a recon of it and in it he had black hair. Don't recall.

King_Mungi
You talking about Weapon X: Days of Future Now? He did have grey hair streaks as well

capt it up
I recall the hair being greyed, I will check. You can't use the fact that they died as the reason for their abilities being different and the the abilities being different as the reason they died. That's not a sound argument.
Don't recall.
yes it really is seeing as how 616 is immortal if they die then that would mean they are not.

also here come tommarrow he had black hair.

ya the recon of days of the future past was called weapon x days of the furture past and it was an add on of the orignal were logan survived the attack. also you no way days of the future past the orignal makes no sense and is unusable becuase it took blace in like 2001 yet logan had grey hair and yet it 2006 and 616 logan looks the saem as always.

capt it up
Originally posted by King_Mungi
You talking about Weapon X: Days of Future Now? He did have grey hair streaks as well
nope im talken about the recon it was weapon x days of the future past I find the issue when I go home from college. it was a mini serires to recon days of the future past

xmarksthespot
It's not. That's circular reasoning. Wolverine could die, therefore he had different abilities, therefore he could die, therefore he had different abilities, therefore he could die.

capt it up
It's not. That's circular reasoning. Wolverine could die, therefore he had different abilities, therefore he could die, therefore he had different abilities, therefore he could die.

if he died there fore he had different abilites. hell he age and now logan from 616 is almost the same age if not the same age from logan of days of the future past let logan of 616 has not aged one bit. please stop trying to use none 616 as evidence becuase if you do I could simply use wolverine war as evidence and trust me you hate that.

Metalmanx
please why is it stupid? you have no problems with deadpool yet you do with logan? at least logans makes senses and has been stated since 91.

Deadpool's actually makes sense! Thanos cursed him with life. He can do that, he's Thanos.

However, this whole "beating the devil" thing for another chance at life? Plain stupid. Whoever thought that up should get fired. Hell, I would've even enjoyed an enthralling story-line depicting how Wolverine's healing factor has evolved and mutated further. THAT would've made more sense. But this? This is idiotic.

srankmissingnin
Deadpool's actually makes sense! Thanos cursed him with life. He can do that, he's Thanos.

However, this whole "beating the devil" thing for another chance at life? Plain stupid. Whoever thought that up should get fired. Hell, I would've even enjoyed an enthralling story-line depicting how Wolverine's healing factor has evolved and mutated further. THAT would've made more sense. But this? This is idiotic.

Lazaer isn't the devil, he isn't even a demon, he is just some guy that Wolverine killed at one time or an other who's soul happens to be trapped in purgatory.

capt it up
You think thanos being jealous of deadpool so he made him immortal makes more sense then logan being pretty much born immortal? How do you even come to that conclusion.

However, this whole "beating the devil" thing for another chance at life?
First off no that not what happen did you even read it. Logan use to be able to choose if he lived or died for good how ever he killed a demon and now the demon waits to kill logans soul. It not the freaken devil it just some demon. Makes a lot more sense then thanos being jealous and making deadpool immortal

Plain stupid.
Why because your pissed that logan immortal even though it been said and hinted at since 91?

Whoever thought that up should get fired.
Get with the program it been going on since 91 how many writer do you want fired?

Hell, I would've even enjoyed an enthralling story-line depicting how Wolverine's healing factor has evolved and mutated further. THAT would've made more sense. But this? This is idiotic.
Not at all it makes perfect sense it explains why he can heal from what he does. How ever we all know you hate the fact of logan being immortal, but the fact is you gotta live with it.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Lazaer isn't the devil, he isn't even a demon, he is just some guy that Wolverine killed at one time or an other who's soul happens to be trapped in purgatory.

Yea, I know. I said it that way because that's what it feels like to me. I know it's not actually the devil nor a demon. But to me, it just feels as stupid as that sounds.

King_Mungi
nope im talken about the recon it was weapon x days of the future past I find the issue when I go home from college. it was a mini serires to recon days of the future past

errrr...you sure?, because I have the mini and it directly tied into Days of Future Past

Cover:
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=2204

Metalmanx
You think thanos being jealous of deadpool so he made him immortal makes more sense then logan being pretty much born immortal? How do you even come to that conclusion.

First off no that not what happen did you even read it. Logan use to be able to choose if he lived or died for good how ever he killed a demon and now the demon waits to kill logans soul. It not the freaken devil it just some demon. Makes a lot more sense then thanos being jealous and making deadpool immortal

Why because your pissed that logan immortal even though it been said and hinted at since 91?

Get with the program it been going on since 91 how many writer do you want fired?

Not at all it makes perfect sense it explains why he can heal from what he does. How ever we all know you hate the fact of logan being immortal, but the fact is you gotta live with it.

See, this is exactly what I didn't want. I didn't want you or someone else saying "Yea, you're just mad cuz you're a Wolverine hater!" Because I get sick and tired of hearing lies.

I do not hate Wolverine. I like Wolverine. I like when he performs feats that don't contradict his abilities. If he has some circumstance or reason that explains it, I think it's fine for him to pull off outrageous stunts.

However, when said reason involves fighting off an opponent in the afterlife in order to return back to the living world, well that's when it gets just plain dumb.

Had Marvel just come out with some story going on in detail about how his healing factor has just evolved over time, or some other thing that vastly boosted his mutant abilities, I'd be just fine with that. I'd be a bit angry that they'd be making him more powerful for seemingly no reason, but I would be just fine with the reasoning.

This current one though? Crap. It's just lame. The writers couldn't think of a good way to explain all of his insane feats, so they felt that they would just explain them all away with one swift move.

And before this happened, Wolverine was not immortal. He ages, just extremely slowly.

And I really don't understand why you think Deadpool's immortality makes no sense when you're 150% behind Wolverine's new immortality. Thanos has the ability to curse someone with life. He's that powerful. He got jealous. Even super-powerful, universe-threatening Titans can get jealous. He cursed Deadpool so that he would never be with Death. What's the problem here? Do you not think Thanos is powerful enough to do so? Or that he would get jealous in the first place?

capt it up
id rather have deadpool immortality I for got to say

Metalmanx
errrr...you sure?, because I have the mini and it directly tied into Days of Future Past

Cover:
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=2204

Hm. Looks pretty gray to me.

King_Mungi
Hm. Looks pretty gray to me.

First issue has a grey haired Wolverine and he talks about how he thought the X-Men prevented Days of Future Past. First issues takes place "30 years from now"

capt it up

capt it up
First issue has a grey haired Wolverine and he talks about how he thought the X-Men prevented Days of Future Past. First issues takes place "30 years from now"
lol I own that I was referring to a different mini that was after wolverine supose death in days of the future past. when I go home I see if I can get my friend to scann the issue.

King_Mungi
lol I own that I was referring to a different mini that was after wolverine supose death in days of the future past. when I go home I see if I can get my friend to scann the issue.

Old or new mini? and what exactally happens in the mini? See if I can find out which mini your talking about

capt it up
Old or new mini? and what exactally happens in the mini? See if I can find out which mini your talking about
well logan shows up after beeing logan gone and jublee is liek one of the eladers of the rebeletion. pysloke screws logan mind up jublee gets magnetos help magento goes to emma to unlock logans mind. is quite a wierd stroy I own onw two of the I think 4

xmarksthespot

Cover:
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=2204 Hmm July 2005.

xmarksthespot
Really were the prove? When ahs he aged in 616? He does not age in 616 to date not since he hit his peak age.So likewise Storm is immortal? Cyclops? Emma Frost? They haven't "aged" either. Granted Emma's had work done. Maggie Simpson syndrome.

King_Mungi
Hmm July 2005.

Yeah it was recent, wasn't that great

well logan shows up after beeing logan gone and jublee is liek one of the eladers of the rebeletion. pysloke screws logan mind up jublee gets magnetos help magento goes to emma to unlock logans mind. is quite a wierd stroy I own onw two of the I think 4

That sounds some what familar. I may have this, I will check...which will take awhile since I have to open my boxes

edit: Nope don't have it different story. When was it released?

capt it up
Yeah it was recent, wasn't that great

That sounds some what familar. I may have this, I will check...which will take awhile since I have to open my boxes
same here lol

capt it up
So likewise Storm is immortal? Cyclops? Emma Frost? They haven't "aged" either. Granted Emma's had work done. Maggie Simpson syndrome.
logan is immortal though they are not. logan has reason why he does not age they do not. plus cyclopes aged since his time with the x-men so has storm they are both older. of course there not going to age the same rate as we do since it a comic world.

xmarksthespot
logan is immortal though they are not. logan has reason why he does not age they do not. plus cyclopes aged since his time with the x-men so has storm they are both older. of course there not going to age the same rate as we do since it a comic world. Mystique is older than Wolverine. And doesn't show her age. That doesn't mean she'll live forever.

All characters are essentially immortal unless they're killed off.

King_Mungi
same here lol

I'm stumped, I thought I knew what you were talking about but I was wrong. When was this released?

capt it up
Mystique is older than Wolverine. And doesn't show her age. That doesn't mean she'll live forever.

All characters are essentially immortal unless they're killed off.
logan is actaully immortal. in the comic world he comes back from the dead he can not be killed for good unless he loses in the soul world or goes to the white light. I not sure what you don't get.

mystique is old but not older then logan I love to see you prove that one.

capt it up
I'm stumped, I thought I knew what you were talking about but I was wrong. When was this released?
not sure I at school I dont have any of my comic with me. I get the years and comic number and title when i get home

King_Mungi
not sure I at school I dont have any of my comic with me. I get the years and comic number and title when i get home

It somewhat sounds familar, I can't pinpoint it though. I could be thinking of another story again

capt it up
It somewhat sounds familar, I can't pinpoint it though. I could be thinking of another story again
I would not be surpirzed if you have read it ive only been able to get the first two issue it al mso timpossable to find the other issues

Soljer
Does it REALLY matter whether Logan can die of old age or not? erm. Why is it such a debate? There is really not much evidence to prove either side.

On the one hand, it's been stated that he has DECELERATED aging.

On the other, he can come back from death a, seemingly, unlimited number of times.

The two, obviously, conflict with one another. Perhaps each time he dies, he comes back in his 'prime'. Perhaps (as I believe Srank hypothesized) the first time he died and came back, he stopped aging.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, does it? Whether Wolverine will live to 1000 or not? erm.

Also, it has NOT been stated that Wolverine's been immortal since 1991. It was hinted that he could POSSIBLY immortal since 1991, the same way the Storm has been HINTED at being an Omega mutant. She's not. smile.

I'm totally cool with Wolverine's new immortality. It actually makes me like the character more, because now there is an excuse for his ridiculous healing feats. Before it just seemed like PIS. Now there is a canonical reason.

King_Mungi
I actually want to know more about Lazaer and his connection to Wolverine

capt it up
Does it REALLY matter whether Logan can die of old age or not? erm. Why is it such a debate? There is really not much evidence to prove either side.

On the one hand, it's been stated that he has DECELERATED aging.

On the other, he can come back from death a, seemingly, unlimited number of times.

The two, obviously, conflict with one another. Perhaps each time he dies, he comes back in his 'prime'. Perhaps (as I believe Srank hypothesized) the first time he died and came back, he stopped aging.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, does it? Whether Wolverine will live to 1000 or not? erm.

Also, it has NOT been stated that Wolverine's been immortal since 1991. It was hinted that he could POSSIBLY immortal since 1991, the same way the Storm has been HINTED at being an Omega mutant. She's not. smile.

I'm totally cool with Wolverine's new immortality. It actually makes me like the character more, because now there is an excuse for his ridiculous healing feats. Before it just seemed like PIS. Now there is a canonical reason.
I agree ecpt in 91 it was stated he was immortal thats why they used him in the weapon x project how ever it was not said by logan but by ( dam I forgot his name and I don't have the comic on me lol)

Soljer

As do I. I hope they explore this avenue much more in the near future.

capt it up
me too only person I can think of his night crawlers dad ecpt I don't recall logan killing him but I do recall night crawlers dad or henchmen having the same name

xmarksthespot
logan is actaully immortal. in the comic world he comes back from the dead he can not be killed for good unless he loses in the soul world or goes to the white light. I not sure what you don't get.

mystique is old but not older then logan I love to see you prove that one. That doesn't mean he cannot age, nor does it mean he cannot die of natural causes.

Mystique dated Oscar Wilde. I'm not sure if they've given anything more than "19th century" for Wolverine's time of birth.

Soljer
I agree ecpt in 91 it was stated he was immortal thats why they used him in the weapon x project how ever it was not said by logan but by ( dam I forgot his name and I don't have the comic on me lol)

It was stated that the head of Weapon X thought that Logan MIGHT be immortal, and that's why he chose him for the Adamantium bonding process.

MIGHT.

Perhaps.

Maybe.

Not that Logan WAS/IS/WILL BE immortal. That he MIGHT be.

capt it up
That doesn't mean he cannot age, nor does it mean he cannot die of natural causes.

Mystique dated Oscar Wilde.
who the hell is oscar wilde?

also if you can't stay dead then how do you die of naterual causes?

also there really no way to prove it either way all we know for sure is logan ahs yet to age since hitting his prime

capt it up
It was stated that the head of Weapon X thought that Logan MIGHT be immortal, and that's why he chose him for the Adamantium bonding process.

MIGHT.

Perhaps.

Maybe.

Not that Logan WAS/IS/WILL BE immortal. That he MIGHT be.
really I thought he said logan was immortal it been a long time since I read the issues I normally tend to read through all my comics like 5 a night till I finishes them just so I remeber every thing how ever since ive been at school I have not had the time

xmarksthespot
who the hell is oscar wilde?

also if you can't stay dead then how do you die of naterual causes?

also there really no way to prove it either way all we know for sure is logan ahs yet to age since hitting his prime I thought you said you studied English literature. erm Oscar Wilde is an playwrite/author. A relatively well known playwrite/author. He was born in 1854.

No one 'hits their prime' and starts ageing in comics unless they're going to be written out or killed off.

King_Mungi
me too only person I can think of his night crawlers dad ecpt I don't recall logan killing him but I do recall night crawlers dad or henchmen having the same name

Nightcrawler's father was Azazel and currently is still alive, but I don't recall anyone in the Draco ark with the name Lazaer.

capt it up
I thought you said you studied English literature. erm Oscar Wilde is an playwrite/author. A relatively well known playwrite/author. He was born in 1854.

No one 'hits their prime' and starts ageing in comics unless they're going to be written out or killed off.
I studie creative writting or I was I thinking of zoololgy though.

are you sure it was the oscar wilde? also who saying that older then logan? and what issue is that from I like to read that my self.

capt it up
Nightcrawler's father was Azazel and currently is still alive, but I don't recall anyone in the Draco ark with the name Lazaer.
hmm dam what about his right hand man what was his name the one logan killed

Metalmanx
Logan was born in the late 1800s, if I recall correctly. Mystique is, in fact, older than him. She just doesn't have as many interesting story lines from her past.

Hell, just look at "The Draco" story arc. Look at that time that she is living in when she first meets Azazel. That's waaaaaay old. Much older than Logan.

capt it up
Logan was born in the late 1800s, if I recall correctly. Mystique is, in fact, older than him. She just doesn't have as many interesting story lines from her past.

Hell, just look at "The Draco" story arc. Look at that time that she is living in when she first meets Azazel. That's waaaaaay old. Much older than Logan.
no it not I have the draco series there no indecation she older in it

Metalmanx
no it not I have the draco series there no indecation she older in it

Then go read it again. Look at the era she is living in. Seriously. Look at it. I know you can tell that the era she's living in is older than before Wolverine was even born. Come on, man.

capt it up
Then go read it again. Look at the era she is living in. Seriously. Look at it. I know you can tell that the era she's living in is older than before Wolverine was even born. Come on, man.
which issue?

Metalmanx
which issue?

I believe it's the very first issue of "The Draco". Uncanny X-Men #428.

But you know what? I was wrong about something. I just read the issue description again (even though I own it), and apparently it states the whole thing took place about 20 years ago. Not sure how I missed that when I read it. I think what threw me off was just the appearance of the location. It looked really medieval, ya know? Look at it again and see if you don't agree with me. Eh, it's weird. I guess that issue is not the proof I need then. I continue my search.

DarkCrawler
Well, Id say Mystique and Logan are about the same, with Mystique being a bit older, seeing as Logan was something like 10 in the turn of the 20th century, and Mystique was already like 20-40:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=79&page=2

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well, Id say Mystique and Logan are about the same, with Mystique being a bit older, seeing as Logan was something like 10 in the turn of the 20th century, and Mystique was already like 20-40:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=79&page=2 Additionally it's hinted that Mystique in the MU is the inspiration for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes novels in a way. Destiny's real name is Irene Adler, and meets Mystique around the same time as Doyle published "A Scandal in Bohemia." with the character of the same name.

StarsNeverFall7
Im going to have to agree with Metalmanx, so far everything I've read about this supposed Wolverine being immortal just sounds this side of retarded. The deadpool and thanos immortality arc makes sense. Thanos wants Death, but Death and DP have their own thing. Thanos is jealous of DP and curses him with immortal life so he can never have death. If thanos cant have her, no one can.

Think of it this way if it still doesnt sense, that hot chick in school you always wanted to date, but couldnt because of her boyfriend and it pissed you off. Jealously...same applies to the DP arc.

Wolverine has no reason to be immortal.

If he can FULLY regenerate from 1 cell, in order to kill him you would have to completely destroy every part of him, adamantium and all. Just because you kill him, does not mean that youve destroyed every cell in his body, therefor he can regenerate and "come back to life". That isnt immortality, thats his HF, no more no less.

DarkCrawler
Who knows, maybe Death just has a soft side for Logan? Wouldn't be the first time some abstract chooses an mortal to favor...

StarsNeverFall7
Well if thats the case, we better make sure no ones got an STD, or shes gonna be infecting the entire MU!

capt it up
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=79&page=2
thats hard to say seeing as how even if mystigue was 10 she could simply make her self look older

capt it up

xmarksthespot
thats hard to say seeing as how even if mystigue was 10 she could simply make her self look older huh That's not exactly sound logic. For one thing active mutant powers do not usually develop until puberty despite physical mutations that may be apparent from birth. Additionally she had the mental maturity to engage with Irene Adler. If anything it's more likely that she's older than she looks considering she's maintained this appearance for the remainder of her adult life thus far.

Metalmanx
thats hard to say seeing as how even if mystigue was 10 she could simply make her self look older

Too bad the X-gene RARELY shows itself before puberty. And the age of 10 is not quite puberty just yet.

Metalmanx
huh That's not exactly sound logic. For one thing active mutant powers do not usually develop until puberty despite physical mutations that may be apparent from birth. Additionally she had the mental maturity to engage with Irene Adler. If anything it's more likely that she's older than she looks considering she's maintained this appearance for the remainder of her adult life thus far.

My point exactly.

capt it up
huh That's not exactly sound logic. For one thing active mutant powers do not usually develop until puberty despite physical mutations that may be apparent from birth. Additionally she had the mental maturity to engage with Irene Adler. If anything it's more likely that she's older than she looks considering she's maintained this appearance for the remainder of her adult life thus far.
she like night crawler ahs had her abilities sicne birth.

also if you look at dark crawler link it said logan new her back then there no indecation she older from the link at all.

capt it up
Too bad the X-gene RARELY shows itself before puberty. And the age of 10 is not quite puberty just yet.
to bad she like ngith crawler had her abilitlies since brith if im not mistaken as did beast

xmarksthespot
she like night crawler ahs had her abilities sicne birth.

also if you look at dark crawler link it said logan new her back then there no indecation she older from the link at all. She hasn't been able to morph into other people since birth, she had her physical mutations. Likewise I'm pretty sure Nightcrawler couldn't teleport as a baby.

It says Logan knew her when she was going to assassinate Hitler, not when she befriended Irene Adler.

capt it up
She hasn't been able to morph into other people since birth, she had her physical mutations. Likewise I'm pretty sure Nightcrawler couldn't teleport as a baby.

It says Logan knew her when she was going to assassinate Hitler, not when she befriended Irene Adler.
wait are you trying to say she had one mutation, but not the other? if that was the case she and night crawler would both of had a secondary mutation which I know they do not.

Also even still the time frame they said she met Irene adler logan was already a full grown man.

xmarksthespot
wait are you trying to say she had one mutation, but not the other? if that was the case she and night crawler would both of had a secondary mutation which I know they do not.

Also even still the time frame they said she met Irene adler logan was already a full grown man. It's not a secondary mutation, it's still their primary mutation that manifests at puberty.

capt it up
It's not a secondary mutation, it's still their primary mutation that manifests at puberty.
No if your born with a mutation and then you gain another one later on it a secondary mutation. She was born with the ability to shape shift and so was night crawler born with the ability to teleport

xmarksthespot
No if your born with a mutation and then you gain another one later on it a secondary mutation. She was born with the ability to shape shift and so was night crawler born with the ability to teleport No if you gain additional mutations to your primary mutation, normally after puberty after your initial mutations have manifested, then it's a secondary mutation. Storm didn't gain the power to control weather until her teen years. White hair and blue eyes isn't exactly natural for a black woman.

capt it up
No if you gain additional mutations to your primary mutation, normally after puberty after your initial mutations have manifested, then it's a secondary mutation. Storm didn't gain the power to control weather until her teen years. White hair and blue eyes isn't exactly natural for a black woman.
yes but there not un heard of. Some one being blue and furring now thats un heard of and is a mutation.

xmarksthespot
yes but there not un heard of. Some one being blue and furring now thats un heard of and is a mutation. Yes it's part of his powerset. But the rest of his primary powerset didn't manifest until puberty like pretty much all mutations that aren't purely physical. Unless you know of issues where a baby Nightcrawler can teleport?

capt it up
Yes it's part of his powerset. But the rest of his primary powerset didn't manifest until puberty like pretty much all mutations that aren't purely physical. Unless you know of issues where a baby Nightcrawler can teleport?
I will see if I can find one. Also when wa sit every said he was unable to gain his teleportation to puberty if any thing he like beats was born as a mutant. NOT ALL mutants gains there abilities during puberty SOME are BORN with it.

xmarksthespot
I will see if I can find one. Also when wa sit every said he was unable to gain his teleportation to puberty if any thing he like beats was born as a mutant. NOT ALL mutants gains there abilities during puberty SOME are BORN with it. Beast had only a physical mutation. Notice above "that aren't purely physical".

inamilist

see, in a question about which type of immortality one would want, this is the most important question to me

If they both do not age, I'd go with Deadpool's without question. There is no chace that you will loose the fight or be tempted into the light, eternal life.

If they do age, I want to go with Wolvie. Imagine, even if it took 60 000 years, being wolverine aged to the equivelent of a 140 year old mortal. Being immortal at that point would be a curse, your body would be destroying itself but the soul would be trapped. In this case, being able to choose the light or die in a fight would be much more preferable.

Still, its all about the Man-Thing immortality. As long as there is a swamp at the Nexus, he will be there...

capt it up
Beast had only a physical mutation. Notice above "that aren't purely physical".
again if you get your mutations at a later date they are secondary mutations. That means it imposssiable for night crawler or raven to of mutated later becuase then they them self would have secondary mutations which they do not

Metalmanx
to bad she like ngith crawler had her abilitlies since brith if im not mistaken as did beast

Too bad I said "RARELY". Mystique couldn't morph until that power manifested in puberty. Do you have proof to say otherwise? Nightcrawler (aside from that weird, nonsensical BAMF during "The Draco"wink most likely couldn't teleport before puberty. And only Beast's first part of his mutation appeared at birth. The other (fur, claws, more animalistic, etc.) was unlocked during an experiment

Metalmanx
again if you get your mutations at a later date they are secondary mutations. That means it imposssiable for night crawler or raven to of mutated later becuase then they them self would have secondary mutations which they do not

When did you become THE word of Marvel? What says that they don't have secondary mutations? It makes a lot of sense.

Kurt was born blue and furry, with three toes, three toes and fingers, and yellow eyes. His ability to teleport manifested during puberty.

Hank was born bigger and stronger than any other child. However, his other mutations appeared later during his teen years.

Polaris was born with green hair (I assume) and manifested her powers in puberty.

Now, what's the problem with them having secondary mutations?

StarsNeverFall7
If logan can regenerate from a single cell, there is no point in the matter.

Theres a reasonable story line behind DP's reason for being immortal, not because he choses to, or fights someone in purgatory.

He DOESN'T need to be. Therefor there is no reason for it. He can regenerate from a single cell. The adamantium is bonding to his bones. You would have to completely destroy him and the adamantium in order to remove EVERY cell. Thats not going to happen with an unbreakable admantium surrounding your bones.

You didn't read my post did you? His soul makes two bits of difference. When his body "dies" was it fully destroyed, obliderated into nothing? With an unbreakable skeleton, I doubt it, therefor off his being able to regenerate from 1 cell, would mean with enough time, he would be alive again.

If you need to further understand what im talking about, check DP when he gets his heart ripped out, he DIES. Regeneration kicks in, and back alive he comes. In Secret Wars, wolvering gets his heart exploded. He DIES, regeneration kicks in, and back alive he comes. As long as there is a cell, he can/will regenerate. Therefor immortality for him has no point.

inamilist
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
If logan can regenerate from a single cell, there is no point in the matter.

Theres a reasonable story line behind DP's reason for being immortal, not because he choses to, or fights someone in purgatory.

He DOESN'T need to be. Therefor there is no reason for it. He can regenerate from a single cell. The adamantium is bonding to his bones. You would have to completely destroy him and the adamantium in order to remove EVERY cell. Thats not going to happen with an unbreakable admantium surrounding your bones.

You didn't read my post did you? His soul makes two bits of difference. When his body "dies" was it fully destroyed, obliderated into nothing? With an unbreakable skeleton, I doubt it, therefor off his being able to regenerate from 1 cell, would mean with enough time, he would be alive again.

If you need to further understand what im talking about, check DP when he gets his heart ripped out, he DIES. Regeneration kicks in, and back alive he comes. In Secret Wars, wolvering gets his heart exploded. He DIES, regeneration kicks in, and back alive he comes. As long as there is a cell, he can/will regenerate. Therefor immortality for him has no point.

so what? Marvel is all about the metaphysical new age stuff these days

did you read the other?

seriously, this is no more stupid than "are you a man who wanted to become a spider, or a spider who wanted to become a man".

StarsNeverFall7
Im not putting forth an arguement of his soul or anything relating to it, it references back to religion and that isnt a topic for discussion here. What I was referring to as being "stupid" is just handing Wolverine "immortaltiy" for no reason, when he doesnt need it. Wades has a story behind it a legitimate one at that. He wasnt handed it to decide if he "Wants to die or not". It was given to him as a curse.

King_Mungi
I want Deadly Ernest immortality, sure it would be lonely, but when you also have death's touch...your aces smile

capt it up
When did you become THE word of Marvel? What says that they don't have secondary mutations? It makes a lot of sense.

Kurt was born blue and furry, with three toes, three toes and fingers, and yellow eyes. His ability to teleport manifested during puberty.

Hank was born bigger and stronger than any other child. However, his other mutations appeared later during his teen years.

Polaris was born with green hair (I assume) and manifested her powers in puberty.

Now, what's the problem with them having secondary mutations?
whats the problem with that? lets see they enevr been staed to have it. secondary mutations came out like last year. They have never onces been said or stated to have a secondary mutation.

did I ever say I was the word of marvel?

capt it up
Im not putting forth an arguement of his soul or anything relating to it, it references back to religion and that isnt a topic for discussion here. What I was referring to as being "stupid" is just handing Wolverine "immortaltiy" for no reason, when he doesnt need it. Wades has a story behind it a legitimate one at that. He wasnt handed it to decide if he "Wants to die or not". It was given to him as a curse.
so your point? why does that make it better then logans immortality?

StarsNeverFall7
My point...I never said one was better than the other, I said DP's had a legitimate reason behind it. Due to his healing he doesnt need it, but was cursed with it so he COULDN'T be with death. Why was Wolverine given his? Just because? Wolverine regenerating from one cell is why I stated his doesnt need immortality, he isnt being cursed with it for a reason so what is the point? His regenerating from one cell is immortality enough, he doesnt need any help in staying alive.

Validus
Immortality is weaksauce. I'll take good old fashioned death.

capt it up
My point...I never said one was better than the other, I said DP's had a legitimate reason behind it. Due to his healing he doesnt need it, but was cursed with it so he COULDN'T be with death. Why was Wolverine given his? Just because? Wolverine regenerating from one cell is why I stated his doesnt need immortality, he isnt being cursed with it for a reason so what is the point? His regenerating from one cell is immortality enough, he doesnt need any help in staying alive.
wait your saying you dislike wolverine beeing immortal becuase he does not need it? thatg the dumbest reason I have ever heard not to mention he deffently did need it becuase he died a few times

StarsNeverFall7
Do I really need to post scans of both of them "DYING" and their regeneration alone bringing them back to life? Neither of them need immortality at all, DP got his because of a story arc, Wolverine was handed his just because, thats what I was referring to as being "stupid". The words "I dislike or hate Wolverine" were never typed in any of my post, im actually a fan of his. Like I said neither of them need it as both have died and came back, if scans are necessary I can get them. Deadpools has a story arc behind it and he wasnt just handed his for the hell of it, hence why I said DP's made sense and Wolvies didnt.

capt it up
Do I really need to post scans of both of them "DYING" and their regeneration alone bringing them back to life? Neither of them need immortality at all, DP got his because of a story arc, Wolverine was handed his just because, thats what I was referring to as being "stupid". The words "I dislike or hate Wolverine" were never typed in any of my post, im actually a fan of his. Like I said neither of them need it as both have died and came back, if scans are necessary I can get them. Deadpools has a story arc behind it and he wasnt just handed his for the hell of it, hence why I said DP's made sense and Wolvies didnt.
first off lgoans went with his story arc. Also Logan has died for real before to the point were his healing factor was not bringing him back.

StarsNeverFall7
If he has "died for real" before and his healing didnt bring him back, then its bad writing on the characters abilities. Unless he was obliderated into nothing, which with an adamantium skeleton I highly doubt. Both occurances im refering to, Wolverine has his heart exploded from the inside, and DP's had his ripped out, both died. Both came back, like I said neither one of them NEED it, Wolverines was handed to him, DP's is a curse.

As far as immortality goes, Ill still take DP's.

capt it up
If he has "died for real" before and his healing didnt bring him back, then its bad writing on the characters abilities. Unless he was obliderated into nothing, which with an adamantium skeleton I highly doubt. Both occurances im refering to, Wolverine has his heart exploded from the inside, and DP's had his ripped out, both died. Both came back, like I said neither one of them NEED it, Wolverines was handed to him, DP's is a curse.

As far as immortality goes, Ill still take DP's.
hand to him he was born with it. DP got cursed.

Logan has died in comic to the point were he was dead like no lfie sighns and just dead. He came back ounce and saved jeans life she thought it was to save her and maybe it was it was never discussed by logan.

StarsNeverFall7
Dead usually means no life signs. I think you're getting their HF and immortality confused. Just because they can heal, doesn't make them immortal. Maybe able to live for a few thousand years, but not immortal.
The being "dead with no life signs" doesn't make a difference unless you destroy every one of his cells. If they didnt. take that into account, it was bad writing to the characters abilities

capt it up
Dead usually means no life signs. I think you're getting their HF and immortality confused. Just because they can heal, doesn't make them immortal. Maybe able to live for a few thousand years, but not immortal.
The being "dead with no life signs" doesn't make a difference unless you destroy every one of his cells. If they didnt. take that into account, it was bad writing to the characters abilities
logan was just explained to be immortal. trust me I know the character about 100 times better then you. Logan has had his healing factor taxed out to the fact he was dead fully dead how ever he came back to live through the means of his immortality.

StarsNeverFall7
You still don't seem to be able to understand what I'm saying, so its really a mute point, because now im just trying to argue Wolverine Fanboyism, which god knows, is a battle we cant win.

Mrrungo Mu
Hard to choose here.

capt it up
You still don't seem to be able to understand what I'm saying, so its really a mute point, because now im just trying to argue Wolverine Fanboyism, which god knows, is a battle we cant win.
you clearly don't read wolverine comics that I am certain

Metalmanx
whats the problem with that? lets see they enevr been staed to have it. secondary mutations came out like last year. They have never onces been said or stated to have a secondary mutation.

did I ever say I was the word of marvel?

Does the comic have to SPECIFICALLY state in-panel whether or not it's a secondary mutation?

capt it up
Does the comic have to SPECIFICALLY state in-panel whether or not it's a secondary mutation?
yes it does. Its a enw concepted and every one who has had one has been stated

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>