What Comic People Have Died And Came Back The Most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

outavodka
Pheonix i lost count
Superman not sure but ide say like 2
Apocalipse i lost count
GreenArrow 1
Doomsday lost count
Supergirl 5 0r 6
DonaTroy 1
Dr.Doom 1?
HalJordan1

eh who else is there

Fanboy
Well that Supergirl always had different versions and shit right?

Galan007
Mr. Immortal

S-Ranger
Originally posted by Galan007
Mr. Immortal

LOL...defintely.

ThePittman
Wolverine nuff said wink

S-Ranger
Magneto has supposedly died so many times it's ridicoulous the excuses they make now adays.

Genis vell.

Howard_Jones
The Marvel Universe. It's been destroyed and remade more times than I can count.

Scoobless
Mr. Immortal

Has never actually died.

stick out tongue

Ichigo66666
Green Goblins.

Galan007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Has never actually died.

stick out tongue meh........ he still came back i guess. stick out tongue

willRules
meh........ he still came back i guess. stick out tongue

Which technically isn't immortality. yes stick out tongue

Scoobless
Apocalypse

erm

Ichigo66666
Wolverine

Darth Vicious
I think the question should be, Who died and hasnt come back? Even Bucky who was supposed to be the exception to the rule came back.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I think the question should be, Who died and hasnt come back? Even Bucky who was supposed to be the exception to the rule came back.

Uncle Ben of 616.

Scoobless
Mahr Vell

willRules
Apocalypse

erm

It has been argued that Apocalypse is not truly immortal because he used celestial technology to enhance his lifespan. However this doesn't explain the fact that he was alive for centuries before he used the technology, so his immortality is open to debate.

One theory which is highlighted in the storyline Apocalypse the twelve (and in the X-men Legends 2 video-game) is the idea that Apocalypse's spirit or essence possesses the bodies of people and can last a while before it burns the body out and then move to another body. This would explain the immortality............

King_Mungi
Wolverine...seriously, he actually dies a lot but his soul can't go into the after life so it returns to his body,

batdude123
Mahr Vell

He's supposedly coming back in January of 2007.

batdude123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Wolverine...seriously, he actually dies a lot but his soul can't go into the after life so it returns to his body,

When I picked up the Wolverine issue that explained all of that, I nearly tore it apart. I mean Jesus, what cop-out writing THAT was.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by batdude123
When I picked up the Wolverine issue that explained all of that, I nearly tore it apart. I mean Jesus, what cop-out writing THAT was.

I agree, but what can we do? sad

xmarksthespot
It's relatively ridiculous, the Phoenix with all its phenomenal cosmic power, has to hibernate for 150 years but Wolverine comes back whenever he wants because he's Wolverine.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It's relatively ridiculous, the Phoenix with all its phenomenal cosmic power, has to hibernate for 150 years but Wolverine comes back whenever he wants because he's Wolverine.

HA! See being a Canadian is sometimes good for you..admit it! mad

xmarksthespot
HA! See being a Canadian is sometimes good for you..admit it! mad He only became as powerful as he is after he left Canada. That's how strong the detrimental effect of Canada is.

King_Mungi
He only became as powerful as he is after he left Canada. That's how strong the detrimental effect of Canada is.

hmmm...well that back-fired sad He still makes trips back tough sad
===
Seriously from thet flashback page his soul can't go to the afterlife was due to something that happened during a war? Magic perhaps?

xmarksthespot
If by magic you mean lazy writing then yes. Whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it.

Sock_of_the_day
The Judge

King_Mungi
If by magic you mean lazy writing then yes. Whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it.

I remember the old days when what made Wolverine great was he was always the underdog and didn't always come out on top.

capt it up
why do people ahve a problem with him being immortal? please I begging to know why it not as if it majkes him any harder to defeat. He still dies just comes back which matter little since the same people can still defeat him not kill him for good. also I love how people think this is some sort of new thing. It been around since 91. He came back to life to save jean in 95. in 2001 you saw his soul talk to rose and you saw him decide to live and awaken alive again. It nothing new it just they finally explain how.

xmarksthespot
It's lazy writing.

capt it up
It's lazy writing.
why ? why is it lazy writting I love to know why. I love how no one has problems with deadpool being immortal when all that was said was thanos won't let him die, but logan being immortal you all have problems with.

hardly matters he immortal face it.

King_Mungi
They have explained Deadpool's immortality, they havn't yet for Wolverine.

capt it up
ya they did they said it was his soul not just his body and deadpool explaination was far worse then logans.

pr1983
Originally posted by batdude123

your kidding... i thought he was joking... he is joking, right?

wait... this seriously happened? when/where/who deserves the bullet for writing it?

capt it up
Originally posted by pr1983

wait... this seriously happened? when/where/who deserves the bullet for writing it?
which writter? it been stated since lets see 91 so you got about 10 writters or more so ya it not a big deal it was extremely likly they would explain it in 48 and I am happy they did.

bigbran

Originally posted by capt it up
ya they did they said it was his soul not just his body and deadpool explaination was far worse then logans. Umm, ya right.
Where was Wolverine blessed by someone else? Deadpool can't die. Wolverine can, but then he comes back... are you joking? This is lazy writing.
Mind you I haven't read it, but what I know from it, it sounds redicules.

capt it up
Originally posted by bigbran
Umm, ya right.
Where was Wolverine blessed by someone else? Deadpool can't die. Wolverine can, but then he comes back... are you joking? This is lazy writing.
why becuase it logan? deadpools immortla becuase thanos is jelous death loves deadpool how rediculous is that?

Logan immortal becuase his soul is and his explaination makes a lot more sense then deadpools. You do not like it becuase you dis like logan and you think it will make logan harder to defeat which of course it won't it only makes him impossiable to kill for good unless he loses in the after life. Now defeating logans the same ecpt for the healing factor up grade he recieved in civil war.

Scoobless
Umm, ya right.

It is ridiculous ... the idea behind it is totally retarded ... but at least it's keeping the fanboys happy seeing as how they just ignore things like consistency and common sense anyway.

smile

capt it up
It is ridiculous ... the idea behind it is totally retarded ... but at least it's keeping the fanboys happy seeing as how they just ignore things like consistency and common sense anyway.

smile
really consistency? you mean like lets see in 91 when he was said to be immortal or how about 95 when he came back from the dead to saved jean or how about 2001 when his soul talked to rose and he deiceded to live and came back from the dead again or how about 98 when logan died from a death factor and came back from the dead 3 hours later. ya it not consistent at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin

Deadpool can't die because he has been banned from Death. Wolverine can't die because his soul is cast out of purgatory after he beats Lazaer. Deadpool's immortality is the epitome of lazy writing, Wolverine's at least involved some creativity and originality. It has already been established in Wolverine mythology that Wolverine's soul has been reincarnated since, at the very least, Tokugawa Ieyasu time as Shogun (he was also believed to be the reincarnation of "The Hand of God" that originally defeated Baal)

bigbran
why becuase it logan? deadpools immortla becuase thanos is jelous detah lvoes him how rediculous is that?

Logan immortal becuase his soul is and his explaination makes a lot more sense then deadpools. You do not like it becuase you dis like lgoan and you think ti will make logan harder to defeat which of course it won't it only makes him impossiable to kill for good unless he loses in teh after life. Now defeating logans the saem ecpt for the healing factor up grade he recieved in civil war. Umm, wait, I'm not allowed to dislike a certain writing of a character?
I hate the fact that they use Thanos clones as an excuse.
Oh jeeze, my dislike for Thanos has gone too far... oh noes.

Come on, do you have to be redicules everytime someone says they don't like a certain writing trait of your character?
Is there anything you don't like about Wolverine, no matter how redicules it is/sounds (except Ultimate Wolverine)?

Actually, that sounds right.
If you loved someone all your life, and someone new came along and swept her off you feet, would you try and get that guy away from your girl or man?
I guess not, hey? You would just let him see her/him, hmmm....

Jeeze, I hate Thanos too, because of the shoddy writing he has went under in some of his cases, based on your logic of course.

pr1983
Deadpool, as wonderful as he is, is one big comic relief character, but in a good way... his origin/immortality is supposed to be silly...

logan... immortal? uugh...

capt it up
Umm, wait, I'm not allowed to dislike a certain writing of a character?
I hate the fact that they use Thanos clones as an excuse.
Oh jeeze, my dislike for Thanos has gone too far... oh noes.

Come on, do you have to be redicules everytime someone says they don't like a certain writing trait of your character?
Is there anything you don't like about Wolverine, no matter how redicules it is/sounds (except Ultimate Wolverine)?

Actually, that sounds right.
If you loved someone all your life, and someone new came along and swept her off you feet, would you try and get that guy away from your girl or man?
I guess not, hey? You would just let him see her/him, hmmm....

Jeeze, I hate Thanos too, because of the shoddy writing he has went under in some of his cases, based on your logic of course.
I don't care if you do not like the way it was written but the fact is it happen he immortal no amount of whining will change it. Thanos makign deadpool immortal was dumbe rin my oppinion how ever I did not mind it I find it childish that people fight some thing when some thing more dumb they do not just becuase they dislike the character. I also hate how logans written in astonishing x-men so ya I do dislike how he written some times.

capt it up
Deadpool, as wonderful as he is, is one big comic relief character, but in a good way... his origin/immortality is supposed to be silly...

logan... immortal? uugh...
make senses and was why he was picked for the weapon x program

pr1983
make senses and was why he was picked for the weapon x program

do you mean why was he chosen? i honestly dont know what you meant...

srankmissingnin
I think you guys took the issue way to literal. When I read the issue I got the distinct impression the whole explanation was a surreal hallucination that Wolverine's subconscious created to cope with the idea of death and resurrection. Jean wasn't there, Lazaer wasn't there, it is all Wolverine's psyche adempting to make sense of dieing.

pr1983
can someone give me an issue number please? so i can at least get an idea myself?

and i honestly dont see how anyone can dislike astonishing logan. imo he's written as this wonderfully dry, sarcastic character, who can still kick ass the way he always has...

this is the first wolverine i've actually found likeable...

bigbran
I don't care if you do not like the way it was written but the fact is it happen he immortal no amount of whining will change it. Thanos makign deadpool immortal was dumbe rin my oppinion how ever I did not mind it I find it childish that people fight some thing when some thing more dumb they do not just becuase they dislike the character. I also hate how logans written in astonishing x-men so ya I do dislike how he written some times. Good for Wolverine.
Wait, why do you find it dumb? You have never stated why, other than it was dumb. Did you also listen to what I said about girls/boys, and getting them away and such, 'cause it seemed like you ignored it.

Childish, for not liking a character is childish, am I getting this right? Find a direct quote by me, saying I hate Wolverine.
Your assumptions will not make everything true. I like Wolverine about the same as I like Spider-Man, maybe more, maybe less.

Oh jeeze, thats a given, I mean something more. God if anyone's character was written like a sissy, they wouldn't like the writing, your not trying very hard, are you?
Or do you find everything great about him? If that's the case, then why do so many people, in your opinion, "hate" him?

I just gave you a reason that I don't like Thanos's writing, you have given me no direct/real reason. I gave you an example of my favorite character's writing that I didn't like, and Wolverine's. So, based on what your saying, that means I dislike Thanos too.

ExodusCloak
can someone give me an issue number please? so i can at least get an idea myself?

I think they're talking about Wolverine #48...it's quite messy...IMO..I do like srankmissingnin's interpretation though...

pr1983
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I think they're talking about Wolverine #48...I like
srankmissingnin interpretation though...

ah, ok... needless to say, i dont have it...

and i edited the last one too late, so...

and i honestly dont see how anyone can dislike astonishing logan. imo he's written as this wonderfully dry, sarcastic character, who can still kick ass the way he always has...

ExodusCloak
ah, ok...

True....now if they could only find a way to do the same thing to Storm...she needs a revamp.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine v3 48. I would recommend getting it if nothing else for the art. Now I have been talking shit about Humberto Ramos' art since he joined Guggenheim on Wolverine but wow, this issue has some stunning artwork it in. He is truly a talented artist and the semi-painted panels of Wolverine's subconscious accounts of his death are just beautiful.

Blind
why becuase it logan? deadpools immortla becuase thanos is jelous death loves deadpool how rediculous is that?

Logan immortal becuase his soul is and his explaination makes a lot more sense then deadpools. You do not like it becuase you dis like logan and you think it will make logan harder to defeat which of course it won't it only makes him impossiable to kill for good unless he loses in the after life. Now defeating logans the same ecpt for the healing factor up grade he recieved in civil war.

Dude, not to be mean or anything... but do you think you could slow down when you're typing? I could barely read this stuff.

I know you're not Pentecostal or I'd think you were typing in tongues!

pr1983
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
True....now if they could only find a way to do the same thing to Storm...she needs a revamp.

and rogue, gambit, jubilee etc... messed

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine v3 48. I would recommend getting it if nothing else for the art. Now I have been talking shit about Humberto Ramos' art since he joined Guggenheim on Wolverine but wow, this issue has some stunning artwork it in. He is truly a talented artist and the semi-painted panels of Wolverine's subconscious accounts of his death are just beautiful.

how recent is it?

srankmissingnin
Last Wednesday

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Blind
Dude, not to be mean or anything... but do you think you could slow down when you're typing? I could barely read this stuff.

I know you're not Pentecostal or I'd think you were typing in tongues! laughing laughing you, you new person, i like

pr1983
Last Wednesday

ah, ok... i suppose i could read it in the comic shop...

why the hell did capt say it was '91 then... christ... anything to talk up logan...

srankmissingnin
ah, ok... i suppose i could read it in the comic shop...

why the hell did capt say it was '91 then... christ... anything to talk up logan...

Barry Windor-Smith's MCP work from '91 stated Wolverine as being immortal.

capt it up
ah, ok... needless to say, i dont have it...

lets see wolverine written quite out of character. he makes jokes which he never does the writter admitted he really has no idea how to write logan. I am not sure why you like this wolverine, but he not written like wolverine normaly is written he more of a joke then any thing.

bigbran
lets see wolverine written quite out of character. he makes jokes which he never does the writter admitted he really has no idea how to write logan. I am not sure why you like this wolverine, but he not written like wolverine normaly is written he more of a joke then any thing. Ok, now, I'm confused, which one was the Wolverine that was a little girl? It was Astonishing, right?

Anyway, Phoenix dies the most.

capt it up

King_Mungi
ya they did they said it was his soul not just his body and deadpool explaination was far worse then logans.

No they didn't, even the last page has Logan stating he DID NOT want to reveal why his soul will not cross over. We know why Deadpool's won't, not Wolverines

capt it up
No they didn't, even the last page has Logan stating he DID NOT want to reveal why his soul will not cross over. We know why Deadpool's won't, not Wolverines
actaully he explained he did not want to go to the light and if he does not his soul does not cross over. Logan never explaiend why he does not want to cross over he did explain why his soul does not becuase he chooses

King_Mungi
Deadpool can't die because he has been banned from Death. Wolverine can't die because his soul is cast out of purgatory after he beats Lazaer. Deadpool's immortality is the epitome of lazy writing, Wolverine's at least involved some creativity and originality. It has already been established in Wolverine mythology that Wolverine's soul has been reincarnated since, at the very least, Tokugawa Ieyasu time as Shogun (he was also believed to be the reincarnation of "The Hand of God" that originally defeated Baal)

No Lazaer wasn't always there as stated in the comic and they didn't always fight. We don't know why his soul is immortal as stated by Wolverine he is not ready yet to reveal.

King_Mungi
actaully he explained he did not want to go to the light and if he does not his soul does not cross over. Logan never explaiend why he does not want to cross over he did explain why his soul does not becuase he chooses

No they didn't, there is a reason why he doesn't go into the light as stated

Atleatean: "I mean..why your soul cannot go to its final rest."
Wolverine: "Yeah, I know why. But that's one secret I'm not quite ready to give up yet"
*flashback images*

As of yet we don't know why Logan won't go into the light, there is more to the story than what is revealed...as stated.

pr1983
Barry Windor-Smith's MCP work from '91 stated Wolverine as being immortal.

MCP?

lets see wolverine written quite out of character. he makes jokes which he never does the writter admitted he really has no idea how to write logan. I am not sure why you like this wolverine, but he not written like wolverine normaly is written he more of a joke then any thing.

if thats true then how come whedon can write cyclops, colossus, shadowcat and beast incredibly well, but not logan?

King_Mungi
MCP?

Marvel Comics Presents
===
What issue did it state he was immortal?

pr1983
Marvel Comics Presents
===
What issue did it state he was immortal?

Ah, ok... in '91? i've no idea... but apparently wolverine v3 #48 did just recently...

capt it up
MCP?

if thats true then how come whedon can write cyclops, colossus, shadowcat and beast incredibly well, but not logan?
becuase there characters are nothing like wolverines.

he did stated he has no idea how to writte logan and shrank cna back me up on that. I see if I can find the article

King_Mungi
Ah, ok... in '91? i've no idea... but apparently wolverine v3 #48 did just recently...

I have #48, and he dies every time and his soul leaves his body. However, reasons yet to be revealed his soul returns back to his body mostly recently by beating Lazaerin purgatory; but if Lazaer beats him, Wolverine dies....for good.

capt it up
No they didn't, there is a reason why he doesn't go into the light as stated

Atleatean: "I mean..why your soul cannot go to its final rest."
Wolverine: "Yeah, I know why. But that's one secret I'm not quite ready to give up yet"
*flashback images*

As of yet we don't know why Logan won't go into the light, there is more to the story than what is revealed...as stated.
yes there is more how ever he him self stated if he loses the fight he will go to the light, but he does not want to lose so he wins. he can go to the light it just he does not want too.

bigbran

King_Mungi
yes there is more how ever he him self stated if he loses the fight he will go to the light, but he does not want to lose so he wins. he can go to the light it just he does not want too.

NO! It's not his personal choice, something external happened to him that prevents him from crossing as shown with the flashback page and stated by Wolverine. He also mentioned he does want to see all his loves, and get his final answers which he would get crossing over.

capt it up

capt it up
NO! It's not his personal choice, something external happened to him that prevents him from crossing as shown with the flashback page and stated by Wolverine. He also mentioned he does want to see all his loves, and get his final answers which he would get crossing over.
yes he does remeber when he said losing means seeing the light and all my loves. If he lost he go see all his love seems like a personal choice to me. yes there more to explain as to why he does not wish too.

pr1983
becuase there characters are nothing like wolverines.

he did stated he has no idea how to writte logan and shrank cna back me up on that. I see if I can find the article

they are all incredibly different characters, yet whedon handles them brilliantly...

i get the feeling you just didnt like him because of the girl thing...

I have #48, and he dies every time and his soul leaves his body. However, reasons yet to be revealed his soul returns back to his body mostly recently by beating Lazaerin purgatory; but if Lazaer beats him, Wolverine dies....for good.

if only...

capt it up
they are all incredibly different characters, yet whedon handles them brilliantly...

i get the feeling you just didnt like him because of the girl thing...

if only...
no I disliked him long before that just like when he amde stupid little jokes it was all out of character. scot, peter and kitty personailties are all similar logans is a lot different and much darker.

he addmitted he had no idea how to write him and it funny thats the only logan you like and yet your argue with me why I think it out of character lol

King_Mungi
yes he does remeber when he said losing means seeing the light and all my loves. If he lost he go see all his love seems like a personal choice to me. yes there more to explain as to why he does not wish too.

So basically you just said what I just said? So why did you claim why he is immortal was revealed when it hasn't been...not even close to being revealed.

capt it up
So basically you just said what I just said? So why did you claim why he is immortal was revealed when it hasn't been...not even close to being revealed.
it was revealed that he is immortal and how he is immortal the only thing not revealed is why he chooses to not want to go to the light which I have afew idea about.

King_Mungi
it was revealed that he is immortal and how he is immortal the only thing not revealed is why he chooses to not want to go to the light which I have afew idea about.

No it wasn't!! frig alright tell me how he is immortal as he friggin even said in the issue it wasn't going to be revealed. It's not like your even reading the same comic

bigbran

capt it up
No it wasn't!! frig alright tell me how he is immortal as he friggin even said in the issue it wasn't going to be revealed. It's not like your even reading the same comic
lets see it says if he loses he goes to death, but if he wins he does not go and he return to his body. He him self said before he neevr even ahd to fight for it he simply did nto go to the light. It explains that he is immortal that he does not want to go to the light there really nothing more to explain. His soul can go abck to his body he simply did not reveal why he does not want to die for good. I not sure why your even argueing this.
he immortal who cares really why he does not want to die for good it won't change the fact he immortal

capt it up

King_Mungi
lets see it says if he loses he goes to death, but if he wins he does not go and he return to his body. He him self said before he neevr even ahd to fight for it he simply did nto go to the light. It explains that he is immortal that he does not want to go to the light there really nothing more to explain. His soul can go abck to his body he simply did not reveal why he does not want to die for good. I not sure why your even argueing this.
he immortal who cares really why he does not want to die for good it won't change the fact he immortal

MY GOD! That's not why his soul is immortal and can't cross over. Lazaer wasn't even there at first and they didn't even use to fight...as stated. He even states, "or maybe there's no light at all" and even makes comment about "stay way from the light" or "walk towards the light". The whole reason why he is immortal is not revealed as STATED.

I'm not debating the fact if he is immortal or not, but the fact you stated the reason why he is immortal when NOTHING has been stated. Even Wolverine stated he doesn't want to reveal what happened. Nothing he said even directly connected to the flashback images on the last page and that's what made his soul immortal.

pr1983
no I disliked him long before that just like when he amde stupid little jokes it was all out of character. scot, peter and kitty personailties are all similar logans is a lot different and much darker.

scott, peter and kitty are all different... they always have been... and to say they arent dark is ridiculous... and logan isn't exactly a unique type of character...

and i didnt find his jokes stupid at all... in fact i found most of his remarks pretty spot on...

no, i like it because i find it well written and shows a maturity he'd long needed imo...

bigbran

capt it up
scott, peter and kitty are all different... they always have been... and to say they arent dark is ridiculous... and logan isn't exactly a unique type of character...

and i didnt find his jokes stupid at all... in fact i found most of his remarks pretty spot on...

no, i like it because i find it well written and shows a maturity he'd long needed imo...
first off pete and kitty are extremely close characters both are boy scout characters. scot a little darker but he the same thing. Logan chaarcter si complete different.

no you like it becuase logans not written correctly you your self prove it. if that the only wolverien you like then he clearly written out of character since you dislike every other version of him.

capt it up

pr1983
first off pete and kitty are extremely close characters both are boy scout characters. scot a little darker but he the same thing. Logan chaarcter si complete different.

no you like it becuase logans not written correctly you your self prove it. if that the only wolverien you like then he clearly written out of character since you dislike every other version of him.

the fact that you used the words 'boy scout' hinders rather than helps your argument... you couldnt be more wrong... scott is only perceived as a boy scout because he holds back a power that would overwhelm him and kill everyone if he let it loose, its called restraint... read colossus bloodline and any other comic where colossus features heavily... he's an honourable man who isnt afraid to use his powers... kitty was about to blow emma's brains out in astonishing x-men... not very boyscout is it...

its only your opinion of whether its correct, not fact. just as mine is an opinion. i like him because he's not written like the cliche he so often used to be... its called character development...

and a matter of opinion, nothing more, so i havent proved whether its correct or not, and neither have you for that matter...

capt it up
the fact that you used the words 'boy scout' hinders rather than helps your argument... you couldnt be more wrong... scott is only perceived as a boy scout because he holds back a power that would overwhelm him and kill everyone if he let it loose, its called restraint... read colossus bloodline and any other comic where colossus features heavily... he's an honourable man who isnt afraid to use his powers... kitty was about to blow emma's brains out in astonishing x-men... not very boyscout is it...

its only your opinion of whether its correct, not fact. just as mine is an opinion. i like him because he's not written like the cliche he so often used to be... its called character development...

and a matter of opinion, nothing more, so i havent proved whether its correct or not, and neither have you for that matter...
your oppinion. oh by the way I read every issue of astoninishing x-men I enjoy it all I love the series I simply hate logan in it I wish they take him out and put in like night crawler

it how ever is fact that logan ahrdly ever tells jokes and it is also fact that the writter admitted he does not know how to write logan

pr1983
your oppinion. oh by the way I read every issue of astoninishing x-men I enjoy it all I love the series I simply hate logan in it I wish they take him out and put in like night crawler

it how ever is fact that logan ahrdly ever tells jokes and it is also fact that the writter admitted he does not know how to write logan

logan has always had the quality of being sarcastic, whedon just showed it a little more, thats all, at least imo... logan seems (inexplicably) to be getting more mature, which means he's more comfortable with who he is...

i've read plenty of x-men too, and i honestly believe what whedon is doing with logan is a positive thing...

and the whole 'matter of fact' thing is rather old...

bigbran

capt it up
logan has always had the quality of being sarcastic, whedon just showed it a little more, thats all, at least imo... logan seems (inexplicably) to be getting more mature, which means he's more comfortable with who he is...

i've read plenty of x-men too, and i honestly believe what whedon is doing with logan is a positive thing...

and the whole 'matter of fact' thing is rather old...
more mature that guy been alive for over 100 years were you getting this mroe mature crap.

he makign silly jokes it dumb.

I do not agree.

it may be old but it true

capt it up
I mean that Wolverine is amoung the 3 or 4 people that are immortal...
Ya is that a problem?

Well, does this make him immortal?
Yes since if he chooses not to or does not lose in an after life match he will not die

Well, wouldn't that be a hint then? Especially since it didn't fall through...
No not really if it was stated it was stated.

You said Wolverine's immortality was more believeable since it wasn't given to him.
So basically if we use this logic on other things, Wolverine's healing factor is more believable than Hulk's.
yes I said that. Is wolverine powers more believable? I would say yes since a mutation seems a better way to gain powers them being hit with gamma rays.

Yes it was 616.
Cool can you prove this with a comic number?

The only reason Wolverine is alive, is because King Thor went back in time, and fixed his mistakes.
So basically King Thor killed Wolverine, just like he killed Hulk (supposed immortal), and Thing. Hmm... where was his immortality there?
Did you not hear me the first time? Logan can die how ever he will come back to life. There no evidence to suggest he would not have come back to life

Because, I stated something I don't like about my character to see if you can find something you don't like about Wolverine...
Why woud this be important?

Thor killed him, and melted his adamantium, superior is an understatement...(two things thought impossible)
but the main point is, Thor was able to kill him.
logan can be killed how ever he would not remain dead since he soul still lives

S-Ranger
Although i thought it was an interesting read does anybody else see what that comic has done by revealing wolverines immortality it's going to open the floodgates for characters random ressurections as it can be written down that they beat the enemy of there soul or darkness whatever... and came back...

shitty writing time for some dead folk......

Rick/Genis
The Joker dies almost every time Batman and him clash!

grey fox
http://www.passfailstudios.com/comics/27.jpg

outavodka
THATS F*CKING FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willRules

But Deadpool's immortality was intended to be humorous, Logan's is serious, and poor writing at that.

Answer me this, if Logan was nowhere near as popular as he is today, do you think he would be immortal?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by S-Ranger
Although i thought it was an interesting read does anybody else see what that comic has done by revealing wolverines immortality it's going to open the floodgates for characters random ressurections as it can be written down that they beat the enemy of there soul or darkness whatever... and came back...

shitty writing time for some dead folk......

Lazaer isn't real. The whole issue was a symbolic, abstract representation of Logan's conscious mind dealing with death and resurrection.

capt it up
Originally posted by willRules
But Deadpool's immortality was intended to be humorous, Logan's is serious, and poor writing at that.

Answer me this, if Logan was nowhere near as popular as he is today, do you think he would be immortal?
how do I know and why ti shitty writting? It been stated since 91 and hinted at over and over. why is it shitty writting becuase you disliek the character?

xmarksthespot
It's just poorly contrived really. erm

And thus far, as far as I know, there is no real "why?" to it.

capt it up
It's just poorly contrived really. erm

And thus far, as far as I know, there is no real "why?" to it.
why does there need to be a why? He was always thought to be immortal it finally been proven how he is one. There nothing abd about the writting what people find bad is the fact they do not wish logan to be immortal becuase they feel it will make him harder to beat.

bigbran
Ya is that a problem? Your saying, that you find it believable that out of how ever many people in the universe, Logan gets born with true immortality?
Also, your also saying that you find it more believable for Logan to have immortality, than anyone who was blessed by it, by Death, or anyone else?

Yes since if he chooses not to or does not lose in an after life match he will not die But he can be killed, is what your saying.
A kill is a kill, no matter how you put it.

No not really if it was stated it was stated.
It was only really proved about a month or so ago. It might have been said, or do you have a direct reference to it?

yes I said that. Is wolverine powers more believable? I would say yes since a mutation seems a better way to gain powers them being hit with gamma rays. Ok, then you think that anything given to anyone, isn't as believable as someone who was born with it?
So Wolverine was born with the ability to stay out of Death's grasp?
Sure he can die, but he can't stay like that forever, unless he wants to.
So Wolverine>Death?
You believe this?

Death can't claim him forever.

Nope, I still think Deadpool's is way more believable than this...

Cool can you prove this with a comic number? Trying to get me, since you should know, I don't know comic issues that well, but since you insist...
Thor v2 73 - 575 The Reigning 5.

Did you not hear me the first time? Logan can die how ever he will come back to life. There no evidence to suggest he would not have come back to life
I KNOW THIS!
But in that series, he never came back, now did he?

No wait, better example, Maestro, fire away...

You can't use something that happened a comic ago to try and prove me wrong. This stuff has happened, and the only way you can try and prove your point here, is if they had ret-conned Wolverine's history.
Which they probably did...

Why woud this be important? Guess you forgot what we were talking about...
Nevermind then.

logan can be killed how ever he would not remain dead since he soul still lives That's not what Future Imperfect said... eek!

Accel
why does there need to be a why? He was always thought to be immortal it finally been proven how he is one. There nothing abd about the writting what people find bad is the fact they do not wish logan to be immortal becuase they feel it will make him harder to beat.
I don't think it makes him harder to beat. I just want a logical explanantion to how the hell his skin, muscles, and organs all regenerate from nothing without feeling like the writer pulled an explanation out his ass.

bigbran
Originally posted by Accel
I don't think it makes him harder to beat. I just want a logical explanantion to how the hell his skin, muscles, and organs all regenerate from nothing without feeling like the writer pulled an explanation out his ass. And how.
He says what we are all thinking!

capt it up
I don't think it makes him harder to beat. I just want a logical explanantion to how the hell his skin, muscles, and organs all regenerate from nothing without feeling like the writer pulled an explanation out his ass.
becuase he immortal same thing with deadpool why can deadpool regenerate from nothing? becuase he immortal same thing.

bigbran
becuase he immortal same thing with deadpool why can deadpool regenerate from nothing? becuase he immortal same thing. When did Deapool heal from nothing?

Accel
becuase he immortal same thing with deadpool why can deadpool regenerate from nothing? becuase he immortal same thing.
They're nothing alike at all.

Deadpool's healing factor is at least explained from being cursed by Thanos, who we all know has powerful cosmic abilities.

Not to mention Deadpool's immortality explanation wasn't just thrown in there after he regenerated from a puddle or whatnot.

capt it up
When did Deapool heal from nothing?

I don't collect deadpool. bBut since deadpool can't die then what else would happen?

capt it up
They're nothing alike at all.

Deadpool's healing factor is at least explained from being cursed by Thanos, who we all know has powerful cosmic abilities.

Not to mention Deadpool's immortality explanation wasn't just thrown in there after he regenerated from a puddle or whatnot.
just thrown in? he been hitned at being immortal for over 15 years. He was also stated to be. The explaination is fine and I enjoyed it. You have your own opinion thats fine.

Accel
just thrown in? he been hitned at being immortal for over 15 years. He was also stated to be. The explaination is fine and I enjoyed it. You have your own opinion thats fine.
You say that like every Wolverine/X-Men writer in the past 15 years has hinted this.

Any way, when I said "immortality," I was mainly referring back to the whole regenerating-from-nothing scenario. That was just thrown in. And I still feel cheated of a proper explanation besides just saying "Well, Wolverine just can't die."

capt it up

capt it up
You say that like every Wolverine/X-Men writer in the past 15 years has hinted this.

Any way, when I said "immortality," I was mainly referring back to the whole regenerating-from-nothing scenario. That was just thrown in. And I still feel cheated of a proper explanation besides just saying "Well, Wolverine just can't die."
what more do you need? immortal is immortal not to mention his skeleton was still there.

Not ever writter has said this but many have hintted at it over the years.
does every writter need to? It official it cannon. so who cares you can dislike it, but it won't change any thing.

Accel
what more do you need? immortal is immortal not to mention his skeleton was still there.

Not ever writter has said this but many have hintted at it over the years.
does every writter need to? It official it cannon. so who cares you can dislike it, but it won't change any thing.
"Immortal" doesn't explain how his skin, organs, muscles, etc, come back. That's what bugs me. Just saying he's immortal is a cop-out answer that cheats the reader out of a real explanation.

If the guy at least said this was the result of something like magic or cosmic powers (similar to Deadpool's case), then it'd be easier to accept.

darthgoober
Ok, I would just like to point out that Wolverine ISN'T technically immortal. he just possesses the POTENTIAL to be so. As in, if he somehow manages to beat that guy every time he dies FOREVER, he won't stay dead. But from what I gathered, that guy gets harder to beat every time. So I think it's better to think of Wolverine as a cat with 9 lives. Yeah, he'll come back a few times, but eventually that other guy is going to get lucky, and when he does Wolverine stays dead.

Also, to answer some questions I've read throughout the thread...

Yes the King Thor thing is 616 and therefore cannon.

The fight between the heroes lasted several hours, and unless I'm mistaken, it was actually a while after the fight that Thor went back in time(possibly days, but I can't remember for sure because it was a while ago that I read that book). So I'm pretty sure that he stayed dead(or would have if Thor hadn't changed the timeline.

And finally, Wolverines immortality is BS because it doesn't really go along with his character. He's supposed to be an animal like human(which MOST of his powerset goes along with, even his healing factor), but the coming back from the dead thing just got thrown in there. It just doesn't fit with everything else he's got going for him. And yes I know his immortality has been HINTED at since 91, but it was always by PEOPLE. There's no way they knew what happened after he died, which leads me to believe that when they hinted at his immortality, they were just talking about his long lifespan, and healing abilities.

capt it up
"Immortal" doesn't explain how his skin, organs, muscles, etc, come back. That's what bugs me. Just saying he's immortal is a cop-out answer that cheats the reader out of a real explanation.

If the guy at least said this was the result of something like magic or cosmic powers (similar to Deadpool's case), then it'd be easier to accept.
why? why si that easier then for him to have been born it?

He died in comic a few times and I mean really died and every time he comes back. I can named 4 if not more times when he has died and I mean has been dead for good. It makes a lot of senses he was born it how eevr you don't agree and thats cool how ever it does not make it a cop-out

Accel
why? why si that easier then for him to have been born it?

He died in comic a few times and I mean really died and every time he comes back. I can named 4 if not more times when he has died and I mean has been dead for good. It makes a lot of senses he was born it how eevr you don't agree and thats cool how ever it does not make it a cop-out
You're not getting what I'm saying. I don't care if he has an immortal soul or if he can die and then come back. I'm fine with that.

What I want is an explanation of how his body grew back. Wolverine being born immortal, Wolverine being hinted as being immortal, Wolverine having to fight a demon- none of it really explains how his body grew back from just about nothing.

Wolverine may have been hinted as being immortal God knows how many times in the past, but this current writer only used it as a cop-out to to cheat the reader out of an at least somewhat sensible explanation of how he regenerated from nothing.

That is basically every one's problem with the issue at hand. No one really cares if he's immortal, just as long as there's better logic behind it than simply fighting a metaphorical demon. Mr Immortal's excuse is that he actually evolved past death so being immortal is what his entire character revolves around. Deadpool's excuse is that he's cursed by Thanos. All I'm asking is give Wolverine a better excuse than just "Huh, I can't die."

capt it up

capt it up
You're not getting what I'm saying. I don't care if he has an immortal soul or if he can die and then come back. I'm fine with that.

What I want is an explanation of how his body grew back. Wolverine being born immortal, Wolverine being hinted as being immortal, Wolverine having to fight a demon- none of it really explains how his body grew back from just about nothing.

Wolverine may have been hinted as being immortal God knows how many times in the past, but this current writer only used it as a cop-out to to cheat the reader out of an at least somewhat sensible explanation of how he regenerated from nothing.

That is basically every one's problem with the issue at hand. No one really cares if he's immortal, just as long as there's better logic behind it than simply fighting a metaphorical demon. Mr Immortal's excuse is that he actually evolved past death so being immortal is what his entire character revolves around. Deadpool's excuse is that he's cursed by Thanos. All I'm asking is give Wolverine a better excuse than just "Huh, I can't die."
no his excuses his he immortal his soul is and it will bring him back. maybe his energy that his body gives off reforms it. It quite possible that his soul energy will remake his body just as icemans energy regrowns his. It not a cop-out and it makes senses. why can't his energy remake his body or atleast a little part of it till his healing brings the rest back? His healing is also in his DNA so one cell left will heal his body once the soul starts it up. also how do we know all of his body was gone and not some cells were left?

bigbran

Accel
no his excuses his he immortal his soul is and it will bring him back. maybe his energy that his body gives off reforms it. It quite possible that his soul energy will remake his body just as icemans energy regrowns his. It not a cop-out and it makes senses. why can't his energy remake his body or atleast a little part of it till his healing brings the rest back? His healing is also in his DNA so one cell left will heal his body once the soul starts it up. also how do we know all of his body was gone and not some cells were left?
Wolverine was never an energy wielder. That's the problem with that. His healing factor doesn't work that way.

Wolverine just being hinted as immortal by a couple of random writers in the past doesn't excuse the fact that this writer had nothign better to explain it with.

Also, what difference would a few cells make? Soul or no soul, Wolverine's healing factor has almost never been portrayed as nearly that effective.

darthgoober

bigbran
Wolverine was never an energy wielder. That's the problem with that. His healing factor doesn't work that way.

Wolverine just being hinted as immortal by a couple of random writers in the past doesn't excuse the fact that this writer had nothign better to explain it with.

Also, what difference would a few cells make? Soul or no soul, Wolverine's healing factor has almost never been portrayed as nearly that effective. Exactly!

The nuke disintegrated everything, and Wolverine healed in what, 2 seconds?

Weren't you saying earlier Capt, that Wolverine's fight with the afterlife lasts a hell of a lot longer than this?
Face it, the writers didn't say, "in a couple of years, we will just write a story about him having immortality", they didn't think of this, instead they thought of his healing factor.
So, none of those feats are really explainable.

Either Wolverine's past has been ret-conned, or something is wrong here.

xmarksthespot
no his excuses his he immortal his soul is and it will bring him back. maybe his energy that his body gives off reforms it. It quite possible that his soul energy will remake his body just as icemans energy regrowns his. It not a cop-out and it makes senses. why can't his energy remake his body or atleast a little part of it till his healing brings the rest back? His healing is also in his DNA so one cell left will heal his body once the soul starts it up. also how do we know all of his body was gone and not some cells were left? Iceman generates and inhabits bodies made of ambient water - he doesn't really regrow the substance, it's already there. And he's an Omega level energy wielder.
why does there need to be a why? He was always thought to be immortal it finally been proven how he is one. There nothing abd about the writting what people find bad is the fact they do not wish logan to be immortal becuase they feel it will make him harder to beat. Accel's pretty much explained the reasoning behind why it's poorly contrived etc. I honestly think it's more because you like the character so much that you're willing to easily overlook this. It doesn't really make him any harder to beat.

Ize19
The way I see this is pretty simple. Throughout Wolverine's history, there have been clues about his immortal soul. He is known to have had at least one past life, and, in the Weapon X novel, which claimed to have taken some of their info from Marvel's "secret" Wolverine file, he relives every one of his past lives, in each of which he was a warrior of some sort. The difference between then and now is really quite simple: Now Wolverine's body can repair itself. This means, when he wins his battle in purgatory, instead of having a new body made for him, his old one is simply "re-started," and he heals from there.
For those saying that he healed in no time flat, that's actually dead wrong. He flat out states that it took him 3 hours to regain consciousness, and at that point he still isn't done healing.
Finally, for those wanting a better explanation, all I have to say is, wait. Guggenheim will be back, to explain this whole thing in much more depth. All it takes is patience.

pr1983
more mature that guy been alive for over 100 years were you getting this mroe mature crap.

he makign silly jokes it dumb.

I do not agree.

it may be old but it true

maturity has nothing to do with age. at all.

i dont think his jokes are silly... erm

Baldey
I have now saw the ultimate fnaoy. Does this guy have a life apart from a poor written poor drawn character. Logan was cool at first but now you fanboys have orgasoms over him hs shit. Tell me. Is it cooler him going against all the odds and winning.....barely or him going right in and win but also getting blown till theres nothing left. Then come back in a couple of hours. I don't know whats more of a joke. Deadpool being imortal when its meant to be a joke or Wolverine being immortal to an extent but actually being series.

Wolverine is now shit and the fanboys are dumbasses.

My 2 cents.

capt it up

Also, what difference would a few cells make? Soul or no soul, Wolverine's healing factor has almost never been portrayed as nearly that effective.
really now? how would you knwo that? he come abck from the dead on 4 occassions at least would you like me to name then for you?

I don't care if you don't like it does that make it any less fact?

capt it up
maturity has nothing to do with age. at all.

i dont think his jokes are silly... erm
so your trying to tell me wolevrine been in mature fore over a 100 years? roll eyes (sarcastic)

capt it up
So, basically, a healing factor=immortal...no expression Originally posted by bigbran

Did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth I never once said that.

In, my opinion, Deadpool's is more believable, are you saying I shouldn't have an opinion?

When did I say this? Again stop putting words in my mouth.

Yes, but if he choses to die, then he dies.
A kill is a kill no matter how you put it.
So? What does this prove? Still does not change the fact if logan wishes he can remain a live making him immortal.

Wolverine can die, do you agree? Maybe not by other means, but he can die, right?
Only if he chooses to or loses in an after life battle.

When Death choses someone to be immotal, then only she can change that fact.
A little more different.

Really now and when has she done this?

As I recall thanos made deapdool immortal not death.

A lot of people were said to be immortal.

Really such as who? Also was it stated by a character who was said to know more about that character then the character knew about him self.?

I know this.
Really then why argue it? Not as if any thing u say will change it.

Yes, but by not dying forever, he is staying out of Death's grasp.

Your point?

No, I'm trying to say that Deadpool has a better story of how he was made immortal.
More explanations, less questioning, less controversy.

No you just think there less because you feel some one giving a person immortality makes more sense how ever I disagree.

Hmm...
So wait you are trying to say I am not allowed my own opinion?

Because, it would have went better if you posted the whole thing.
How was I suppose to post the whole thor battle when I do not own it?

It's called a debating forum for a reason, also...
True how ever your argueing fact. It a fact he immortal why argue a proven thing?

So... Thor wiped out the whole populance of heroes that went against him.
Wolverine was only stated, proved to be immortal, about two years after this?
They never thought of this.
They basically ret-conned Wolverine's history.
Yes and whats wrong with that?

Maestro, you know, the future evil version of Hulk, that his series goes against everything you have said.
Why does it go against what I have said? Are you even talking about a cannon comic run?

He sure as hell stayed dead when his skeleton was plastered on Maestro's wall for however many years.
Alternate reality.

capt it up
Iceman generates and inhabits bodies made of ambient water - he doesn't really regrow the substance, it's already there. And he's an Omega level energy wielder.
Accel's pretty much explained the reasoning behind why it's poorly contrived etc. I honestly think it's more because you like the character so much that you're willing to easily overlook this. It doesn't really make him any harder to beat.
No I just don't see a problem witha mutant who was thought to be immortal being proven to be immortal. why do u all care so much? It fact deal with it do you think whining about it will change a thing?

Redatom65
Genis-Vell died alot. But cake metal goes to jean Grey

capt it up

xmarksthespot
really now? how would you knwo that? he come abck from the dead on 4 occassions at least would you like me to name then for you?

I don't care if you don't like it does that make it any less fact? I recall Lady D stabbing him in the heart, and the time the Crystal of Ultimate Vision brought him back to life. However none of those past instances have ever suggested a metaphorical battle with his own personal demon.Originally posted by capt it up
No I just don't see a problem witha mutant who was thought to be immortal being proven to be immortal. why do u all care so much? It fact deal with it do you think whining about it will change a thing? I don't see how it's "whining" to simply state the observation that I think it's relatively ill contrived and nonsensical. I don't particularly have a problem with it, I still find it poor writing. Conversely I think it's relatively whiny to be unable to accept that statement and have to confront everyone of the multiple people who have expressed this opinion.

darthgoober

bigbran
Did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth I never once said that. Oh please, you already implied it!
Yes. Makes perfect example that a person who power was to regenerate was one of the choosen immortals.
Basically, it makes sense that because he was able to regenerate, that it also makes sense for him to be immortal.

When did I say this? Again stop putting words in my mouth. You didn't, but I'm using the same thing you used.
You said, you should have an opinion, I said I should have one.
Your trying to cancel out what I say, by saying, "in my opinion...."

Also, damnit Capt, reading comprehension, right now?

So? What does this prove? Still does not change the fact if logan wishes he can remain a live making him immortal.
Doesn't he die if he loses in the spirit world?
Also, if Wolverine dies on his own, then that means that he dies, does it not?

Only if he chooses to or loses in an after life battle. So, does this not make him killable?

Really now and when has she done this?

As I recall thanos made deapdool immortal not death. When she killed some of the Elders...

Yes he did, but Deadpool's works like it would if Death cursed him.

Really such as who? Also was it stated by a character who was said to know more about that character then the character knew about him self.? Well Hulk was said to be immortal.
I think Odin was said to be it.
I don't care who said it, the fact is, that it has only been proven now.

Really then why argue it? Not as if any thing u say will change it.
Do you even know what the argument is about, really?

Let me refresh your memory:
You find Wolverine's immortality more believable, I find Deadpool's.

I argue, becuase it makes no sense.

Your point? I give up, you win. If your not going to even answer my points, or ignore them later, after you want an explanation, then what is the point?

No you just think there less because you feel some one giving a person immortality makes more sense how ever I disagree. NO SHIT!
Death and the abstracts are the only ones that were supposed to be immortal, now we are supposed to believe that now Wolverine is?
Actually, Wolverine's makes absolutely no sense.
How does a soul become immortal?
The only way he can die, is if he allows it?
So basically, not even Death has a hold of him?

So wait you are trying to say I am not allowed my own opinion? I give up, you win. If your not going to even answer my points, or ignore them later, after you want an explanation, then what is the point?

How was I suppose to post the whole thor battle when I do not own it? I give up, you win. If your not going to even answer my points, or ignore them later, after you want an explanation, then what is the point?

Also... duh! You never even posted anything!
I was talking about the post, you quoted.

True how ever your argueing fact. It a fact he immortal why argue a proven thing? I give up, you win. If your not going to even answer my points, or ignore them later, after you want an explanation, then what is the point?

Yes and whats wrong with that?
The problem is here, is that your trying to explain events in which happened, by using his new found soul immortality.
It can't!
Because it is now ret-conned!
Wolverine has been vamooshed before, but now with the ret-conn, they plan on ignoring it.

Why does it go against what I have said? Are you even talking about a cannon comic run? No, it only happened in the the Captain Mar-Vell series, and the Hulk series.
Genis had his encounters with it, and it is there.
Wolverine was dead, gone forever, but now with the ret-conn, it makes that non-existing.

Alternate reality. No, FUTURE!

I give up, I'm going to another thread, or talking about something else. Answer my post if you feel like it, but I'm not going to reply, since as you can see, I've sort of hinted in this post...

capt it up
I recall Lady D stabbing him in the heart, and the time the Crystal of Ultimate Vision brought him back to life. However none of those past instances have ever suggested a metaphorical battle with his own personal demon.I don't see how it's "whining" to simply state the observation that I think it's relatively ill contrived and nonsensical. I don't particularly have a problem with it, I still find it poor writing. Conversely I think it's relatively whiny to be unable to accept that statement and have to confront everyone of the multiple people who have expressed this opinion.
I don't care if you thought it was poor writting ever one is allowed there own opinion. No it neevr did show his after life battle prior to issue 48. How ever he ahs gone to the after life before when he speaks with rose and she tells him it was not his fault that she died and then he goes back to his body and revives. He alsso died to a death factor. he died for 3 hours in origin 6 or 7. He died when magneto ripped out his skeleton.

capt it up
Oh please, you already implied it!

Basically, it makes sense that because he was able to regenerate, that it also makes sense for him to be immortal.

You didn't, but I'm using the same thing you used.
You said, you should have an opinion, I said I should have one.
Your trying to cancel out what I say, by saying, "in my opinion...."

Also, damnit Capt, reading comprehension, right now?

Doesn't he die if he loses in the spirit world?
Also, if Wolverine dies on his own, then that means that he dies, does it not?

So, does this not make him killable?

When she killed some of the Elders...

Yes he did, but Deadpool's works like it would if Death cursed him.

Well Hulk was said to be immortal.
I think Odin was said to be it.
I don't care who said it, the fact is, that it has only been proven now.

I argue, becuase it makes no sense.

I give up, you win. If your not going to even answer my points, or ignore them later, after you want an explanation, then what is the point?

NO SHIT!
Death and the abstracts are the only ones that were supposed to be immortal, now we are supposed to believe that now Wolverine is?
Actually, Wolverine's makes absolutely no sense.
How does a soul become immortal?
The only way he can die, is if he allows it?
So basically, not even Death has a hold of him?

I give up, you win. If your not going to even answer my points, or ignore them later, after you want an explanation, then what is the point?

Also... duh! You never even posted anything!
I was talking about the post, you quoted.

The problem is here, is that your trying to explain events in which happened, by using his new found soul immortality.
It can't!
Because it is now ret-conned!
Wolverine has been vamooshed before, but now with the ret-conn, they plan on ignoring it.

No, it only happened in the the Captain Mar-Vell series, and the Hulk series.
Genis had his encounters with it, and it is there.
Wolverine was dead, gone forever, but now with the ret-conn, it makes that non-existing.

No, FUTURE!

I give up, I'm going to another thread, or talking about something else. Answer my post if you feel like it, but I'm not going to reply, since as you can see, I've sort of hinted in this post...

LOL I was gunna say the same thing. I am done argueing this it stupid. were argueing that we both have different opinions on which immortality is more believeable it not like we could actully convince the other.

capt it up

Accel

I don't care if you don't like it does that make it any less fact?
He's never come back from just a skeleton before. His healing factor's been taxed many times before from healing small injuries multiple times. He's never shown this level of regeneration before.

And you don't seem to be getting my point yet again- whether or not it actually happened doesn't mean it makes sense. This is a prime example: it happened, but it didn't make sense and just feels like a cop-out from the writer. Hence, every one's problem with it.

I need more than just a few random writers hinting that he's immortal to justify him healing from a skeleton. I need something to explain HOW he came back from a skeleton. Just saying he can't die without any thing else to go with it just isn't going to do it.

darthgoober

capt it up
Originally posted by darthgoober
Cool.

Yes but doubting that he will ever lose is speculation. He still only has the POTENTIAL for immortality. He never came back after King Thor killed him.

The comic said that he died early in the battle. The heroes jumped out, Wolverine slashed at Thor, and Thor reduced him to a skeleton with an eye blast. Then time skipped forward(which we know because Thor says that the heroes fought with him for hours), so he died first and didn't come back the entire time.

I already addressed this. Wolverine died HOURS before Hulk and Thing(well, at least hours before some of the heroes, we're not sure who died in what order other than Wolverine, because most of the fight took place during the time skip).

I'll check it out.

Ok.

Exactly.

I'll check it out.

Yes but PIS moments aren't all I mention. I also mentioned things like the "Clone Saga" of Spiderman. And another BS writing of abilities Supes T-Vo. Bad story arcs and wild abilities are ALL open to criticism along with incidents of PIS. That doesn't mean that their not true occurrences or legitimate facts, but bad writing of any form is subject to criticism. And that's what Wolverine's potential immortality is, bad writing. I'm not trying to sway you to my way of thinking or deny that Wolverine isn't potentially immortal, I'm simply stating my opinion on the matter and criticizing the writers. Feel free to disagree.

Which is one form of bad writing.

He's revealing what I(and many others) consider to be a BS ability. That's why it's being criticized by so many. Our criticism doesn't change the fact, but we have every tight to do so(just as much as you have to support the fact).

I am gunna pick up the thor issue when i get a chance.

I don't care if you all disagree how ever it can't be written off as PIS becuase it not the same type of thing. It a stated power that like trying to say spiderman ahs no stingers or his spider senses is not that good as it truly is. power are not able to be written of as PIS not when it revealing an ability.

capt it up
He's never come back from just a skeleton before. His healing factor's been taxed many times before from healing small injuries multiple times. He's never shown this level of regeneration before.

And you don't seem to be getting my point yet again- whether or not it actually happened doesn't mean it makes sense. This is a prime example: it happened, but it didn't make sense and just feels like a cop-out from the writer. Hence, every one's problem with it.

I need more than just a few random writers hinting that he's immortal to justify him healing from a skeleton. I need something to explain HOW he came back from a skeleton. Just saying he can't die without any thing else to go with it just isn't going to do it.

He can't die and his body regenerates what don't you get? He has a healign factor in his DNA as Long as his soul remains his body will heal it self. Logan ehaled froma skeleton in venom on the run. He came back from the dead in x-men annual the issue after they find out logan is death.

He immortal and just becuase u dislike the writting won't change his stated ability.

also why don't you eevr have problems with deadpool healing from impossable things or hulk heal from a skeleton?

darthgoober
I am gunna pick up the thor issue when i get a chance.

I don't care if you all disagree how ever it can't be written off as PIS becuase it not the same type of thing. It a stated power that like trying to say spiderman ahs no stingers or his spider senses is not that good as it truly is. power are not able to be written of as PIS not when it revealing an ability.
You misunderstand. I'm not trying to write it off as PIS. I'm criticizing the writer for being a moron. And I'm criticizing Marvel for being so stupid(by giving Wolverine BS healing feats that needed to be explained away) as to make such a recton necessary. I mean, your right in saying that it's established that he's potentially immortal, there's no denying that. But I think it was the wrong direction to go with his character, and I think whoever came up with the entire concept is a moron. THAT'S where my criticism stems from.

And bigbran has that issue of Thor, I'll have him post the relevant pages when he get's back online.

capt it up
Originally posted by darthgoober
You misunderstand. I'm not trying to write it off as PIS. I'm criticizing the writer for being a moron. And I'm criticizing Marvel for being so stupid(by giving Wolverine BS healing feats that needed to be explained away) as to make such a recton necessary. I mean, your right in saying that it's established that he's potentially immortal, there's no denying that. But I think it was the wrong direction to go with his character, and I think whoever came up with the entire concept is a moron. THAT'S where my criticism stems from.

And bigbran has that issue of Thor, I'll have him post the relevant pages when he get's back online.
sounds good. also Logan healign factor was stated to be in his DNA a long time ago. The whol immortal think makes it far more blievable becuase his soul stay that is why he rengerates.

darthgoober
sounds good. also Logan healign factor was stated to be in his DNA a long time ago. The whol immortal think makes it far more blievable becuase his soul stay that is why he rengerates.
But it wouldn't be necessary to make it more believable, if they'd kept a leash on his writers that wanted him to have uber-healing in the first place. NOW they're having to cover their ass.

The funny thing, is that even though I do think of it as bad writing, I'm still grateful that the bad healing feats can't be used in debates around here. Now it's been established, when he suffers a lot of damage, he dies. Period. Whether he comes back or not is irrelevant, because at the very least his dieing represents a KO by forum rules.

bigbran
Ok.
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/172/thorvswolverinenm4.th.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7946/thorvsthingandhulksa0.th.jpg
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4411/thorvsthingandhulk2kz1.th.jpg

In those hours, Wolverine never came back.
Also, those scans happen in a row, so those are 3 pages, and they happen right after one another.
(sorry about the wait)

Accel
He can't die and his body regenerates what don't you get? He has a healign factor in his DNA as Long as his soul remains his body will heal it self. Logan ehaled froma skeleton in venom on the run. He came back from the dead in x-men annual the issue after they find out logan is death.
I'm aware of his ability to heal, but if there's nothing for him to heal from (ie some skin or muscles or organs) then it doesn't make any sense.

As for the Venom run, we never actually saw him turn into a skeleton. His pants weren't even damaged in that scenario, so saying he was reduced to a askeleton is just silly.
He immortal and just becuase u dislike the writting won't change his stated ability.
Good lord, have you even been paying attention to what I'm saying? I'm not disputing that it happened, I'm saying it doesn't add up and I feel cheated out of an explanation behind him healing from a skeleton.

If his soul is going to stick around after his body has been destroyed, I prefer the idea of him being reincarnated than having him heal in a way that makes no sense to his character whatsoever.
also why don't you eevr have problems with deadpool healing from impossable things or hulk heal from a skeleton?
I already told you about Deadpool's HF- it was given to him by Thanos, who has powerful cosmic powers. If the same applied to Wolverine, this wouldn;t bother me, nor any one else at all.

And comparing Wolverine's regenrative abilities to Hulk's isn't going to get you any where, especially seeing as how unlike Wolverine, Hulk's healign factor has conistently been shown at high levels. Even Maestro coming back from practically nothing had a similar, yet better explanation behind it to Wolverine's recent healing feat.

bigbran
Even Maestro coming back from practically nothing had a similar, yet better explanation behind it to Wolverine's recent healing feat. Yup, also since he actually could use the cells in his bones (in other words, not covered/bonded/whatever the hell you want to call it, in adamantium), and it also took him a while.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>