Games Made Into Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

timothy.ijoyemi

Strangelove
Sonic the Hedgehog no expression

Mairuzu
Final Fantasy 8? wtf...

Gears of war would be awesome
More (better) resident evil movies...

Those Marvel ultimate alliance cutscenes looked awesome could be a good movie!...

Monster Hunter

theres more im sure, just cant think of them right now

Andrew McLeod
Final Fantasy X (it played like a movie...very linear, felt like a movie...lovely story)

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (this was where the game series took a very epic and cinematic turn...plus everything after seems too complicated to be movie material)

Metal Gear Solid (I don't care which game it follows or if it's an original story line...but these games have wonderful writers and they need to be involved in a movie adaptation...these games ar also heavily cinematic...skip all the cut scenes and you lose like...60% of the game)

Mairuzu
^ Wow thank you i cant believe i didnt think of those, well ocarana of time would be a bit weird, the whole going back in time and forward, would be a very limited audience to understand wtf is going on lol! id want it to be a cgi though, instead of real actors, unlike metal gear solid, have kurt russle play snake!

Mairuzu
of course its probably a little too late, maybe he can play the old solid snake cause hes a big old now, (escape from newyork and l.a.) what a perfect solid snake he'd be! PLISKIN! HAHAHA

Andrew McLeod
I could imagine a live action Ocarina of Time with movies like LOTR, Narnia and Eragon out these days. it'd fit in really well with great casting.

Of all of them I'd like to see FFX. It really had a powerful, poignant story with a lot of depth to it. Religion vs. technology...abandoning old practices...forbidden love...political responsiblity...it was rife with soooo much for a movie.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Strangelove

timothy.ijoyemi
But come on, have you even played Final Fantasy VIII. The cut scenes themselves are a movie. Balamb Garden, Selphie, Quistis, Rinoa, Squall, Zell and Irvine all animated! It would be a dream.
Also, Karin Kanzuki from Street Fighter Alpha or Zero 3, is the only reason why there should be a film for the Game. Within the film she will finally get the chance to beat up Sakura. Everyone knows that Karin is stronger!
I just watched FFVII Advent Children yesterday and I was amazed, the world need a Movie make of FFVIII, the best game in the world.!

Kayne Archeron
Street Figher Alpha 3 i definately agree with.

i'd also love to see a Dynasty Warriors movie for some odd curious reason, just to see how cheesy they'd make it

~Da Rev~
Tiger Woods Golf.

Impediment
Resident Evil 4 and Metroid

jenzie
HALF
FRIKKING
LIFE
DAMMIT

coolmovies
love Tomb radier

forumcrew
CONTRA!

Quiero Mota
I'm looking forward to the Hitman movie that's gonna come out in 2007. Except for the fact that Vin Diesel is gonna play 47. no

Ultraman Baltan
Mortal Kombat 3

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Mortal Kombat 3

God no!

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
God no!

I loved the first one. The second one was a mess up. They can redeem themselves with a third one.

Quiero Mota
I loved the first one. The second one was a mess up. They can redeem themselves with a third one.

They were both cinematic disasters.

About part one; I'm still surprised Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa agreed to be in that sorry excuse of a movie.

Kayne Archeron
i still want a serious Zelda movie with no dialogue, just a well-done mysterious soundtrack to help viewers understand what's going on

dave_kodak
"Freedom Fighters" has a movie, how ever the movie was not good and has a differnt name, but its the same story line.
i would like to see them redo this movie or make a new one.

how ever, "killzone" would make a very nice movie if they wanted to make it so.

these are 2 i would like to see, thats all i have to say.

Wolfie
99% of video game movies suck.

I'd be up for another Mortal Kombat as long as they do it better than the second one. Another Tomb Raider would be cool too.

As for what hasn't been done yet, I'd like to see how a Metroid movie would turn out.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Tiger Woods Golf.

blink

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Wolfie
As for what hasn't been done yet, I'd like to see how a Metroid movie would turn out.

took the words right out of my chozo cannon o.o

and i wish the people who made Ico/Shadow of the Colossus would make an animated 3D movie

pr1983
99% of video game movies suck.

I'd be up for another Mortal Kombat as long as they do it better than the second one. Another Tomb Raider would be cool too.

i agree about mortal kombat, i loved the first one, and would love to see another in the same vein...

half life would be cool, i wish they'd fix the resident evil movies though, start fresh, no more of this alice crap... base them on the goddamned games...

AstroFan
For those who thought Hitman could be good, but worried about Vin Diesel....

http://movies.ign.com/articles/749/749184p1.html

Vin isnt starring anymore. big grin

Broke Beat
even though its been said a thousand times, Halo. i would wonder how they would do it, CGI? or Real Actors?

AstroFan
Im pretty sure Halo is gonna be live action, but with tons of effects, its Peter Jackson after all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope they keep Master Chief's face covered, then cast two people, one to fill the suit, and the other to do voicework.

forumcrew
peter jackson is just the producer remember. that is a long way from directing.

AstroFan
Yeah.

But we all know he will stroll into post-production one day and start looking over shoulders going "that explosion should be bigger" and "that alien needs more realistic drool". lol

Impediment
I'd also like to see a Zelda movie, but I dunno if a game that epic can be translated onto the big screen. Just look what happened with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Lord Evolution
Dragonball Z smile

Make the damn movie!

coolmovies
Tomb raider love

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

About part one; I'm still surprised Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa agreed to be in that sorry excuse of a movie.

Is that a joke? Because nobody's laughing. It was amazing. Shang Tsung rocked!

Röland
Originally posted by dave_kodak
"Freedom Fighters" has a movie, how ever the movie was not good and has a differnt name, but its the same story line.
i would like to see them redo this movie or make a new one.

how ever, "killzone" would make a very nice movie if they wanted to make it so.

these are 2 i would like to see, thats all i have to say.

Freedom Fighters the game reminded me of Red Dawn. laughing out loud

Is that a joke? Because nobody's laughing. It was amazing. Shang Tsung rocked!

I'm laughing. I agree the first MK movie sucked so bad I never bothered with the second.

Lyna303
Mortal Kombat 3 Originally posted by Quiero Mota

i agreed...they were really bad movies, but its so memorable...its like part of my childhood...can never forget the theme song big grin

Lyna303
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Dragonball Z smile

Make the damn movie!
um i thought they did...like a lot of them ermm

AstroFan
Dragonball Z smile

Make the damn movie!

That would be based on the tv show which the games are based on...

And please god no. no expression

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
I'd also like to see a Zelda movie, but I dunno if a game that epic can be translated onto the big screen. Just look what happened with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
I'd imagine Zelda would translate to live action very oddly. CGI is a possibility though.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Lyna303
um i thought they did...like a lot of them ermm

Live action

AstroFan
I'd imagine Zelda would translate to live action very oddly. CGI is a possibility though.

With the right people, Zelda could work live action. But no one really cares about game movies, so it would be garbage if it got made.

Wolfie
I think Link's costume alone would come off cartoonish in a live action movie.

http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/u/1/link.jpg

Solo
I've always wanted Miyazaki to make a Zelda film.

AstroFan
I think Link's costume alone would come off cartoonish in a live action movie.

http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/u/1/link.jpg

lol

The newer version is much more detailed, and something you could see in real life a little easier.

office jesus

Why?

Light Warrior
They are making a Halo movie, and a warcraft movie. I would like to see the trailers. But they havent comed out yet. sad If anyonne ses it, please send me a mail and tell, please. smile

AstroFan
Halo hasnt even started filming, and at this point its gonna be a long time.

DanZeke25
GOD OF WAR

Pepito
The problem with turning a game into a movie is that the storylines for games stylistically differ so much from those of books and films. That is the films generally just cover the themes and feels of games (Resident Evil Mortal Kombat), sometimes not even this happens and it's just a branding trick (Mario Brothers) and sometimes, worst of all, the film is directed by Uwe Boll. The only games that would work well on film and have enough 'cool' to be taken seriously are Halo (shelved) and Metal Gear Solid (in pre-production limbo)

Dusty
FF7

H. S. 6
God of War

The Halo movie should be completely awesome, if they ever sort out the financial issues.

Blanka

john allerdyce
devil may cry

LORDSIDIOUS01
The first Resident Evil was good. As a whole games to live action films don't always work.http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/angel.gif
angel

Kazenji
Sam Raimi to Direct Warcraft Movie!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57366

Nemesis X
A Soul Calibur or Elder Scrolls movie directed by Peter Jackson.

Kazenji
Thats the prob with Game movies they're not getting more well known directors attached to them......until now with that warcraft movie.

Wolfie
The real problem with video game movies is that the transfer between two very different mediums is very difficult.

The point of a video game is to play it, interact with it, and so on. The stories in these games aren't meant for watching, they're meant for playing.

Take Mario Bros. for example. A damn fun game! A terrible story that the studio had to change drastically in order to make it a well-rounded movie (albeit a bad one).

It goes the same when game companies try to make movies translate into games. I shudder to think what they did with that Watchmen game.
Dragonball Z smile

Make the damn movie!
Reading through this thread, this makes me laugh.

Kazenji
The point of a video game is to play it, interact with it, and so on. The stories in these games aren't meant for watching, they're meant for playing.

Take Mario Bros. for example. A damn fun game! A terrible story that the studio had to change drastically in order to make it a well-rounded movie (albeit a bad one).

It goes the same when game companies try to make movies translate into games. I shudder to think what they did with that Watchmen game.

Some of them also work as a Novel.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Light Warrior
They are making a Halo movie, and a warcraft movie. I would like to see the trailers. But they havent comed out yet. sad If anyonne ses it, please send me a mail and tell, please. smile

They're not even starting on Warcraft until after Spiderman 4.

Sam Raimi's directing Warcraft.

And I want to see a Pacman movie.

jinXed by JaNx
Shadow of the colossus

Myth
Its funny seeing things like Hitman and Dragon Ball Z mentioned, and now that they were released: We know they were crap as movies (or have heard they are crap. Honestly, who actually watched that garbage?).

AngryManatee
Mechwarrior, or in a broader sense, Battletech, would be my pick.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Myth
Its funny seeing things like Hitman and Dragon Ball Z mentioned, and now that they were released: We know they were crap as movies (or have heard they are crap. Honestly, who actually watched that garbage?).

Hitman had potential for a movie franchise but of course failed with its first movie..........

MildPossession
Hitman was quite disappointing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.