Spirit Walking? or Deja Vu? Is it Possible? Coincidence?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smiter
Weirdest Lucid dream this morning, In my dream I floated out of the bed and went outside of the house and I went to a neighbors house. The people who lived inside ignored me but their pet cute dog looked at me eye2eye and barked at me. The woman said to the dog. "precious, (name of the dog) whats wrong what are you barking at" Then I immediately went back to bed. As if Im going back to my body.
Then woke up and I went outside near by the neighbors house and theres the chijuajua and the woman, who looked exactly as in my dream. The woman called the dog by the name of precious. Im quite convinced that its Spirit Walk.
Discuss.

smoker4
Did you rub the lotion on the skin?

Strangelove
Or else you get the hose again

lord xyz
Interesting though, about a year or two ago, I was in the bath, fell asleep, woke up had a wank, someone tried getting in the bathroom but couldn't cos it was locked, and my Dad said something, went to sleep again, woke up and got out the bath. About 2 weeks to a month later, I tried to go into the bathroom, it sonded like someone was wanking in there, and my Dad said the exact same thing!

Now, I am skeptical on things like this, but is it possible that I fast forwarded into the future and then back again?

Mindship
Originally posted by Smiter
Weirdest Lucid dream this morning, In my dream I floated out of the bed and went outside of the house and I went to a neighbors house. The people who lived inside ignored me but their pet cute dog looked at me eye2eye and barked at me. The woman said to the dog. "precious, (name of the dog) whats wrong what are you barking at" Then I immediately went back to bed. As if Im going back to my body.
Then woke up and I went outside near by the neighbors house and theres the chijuajua and the woman, who looked exactly as in my dream. The woman called the dog by the name of precious. Im quite convinced that its Spirit Walk.
Discuss.

For what it's worth...

Lucid dreaming has been a hobby of mine for many, many years, and it can be very tempting at times to consider that it may be more than a dream.

When I read your account and your questions, the first thing I asked myself was, "Did he already know these neighbors and their dog?" If not, if you had never spoken to them, never been in their house, did not know beforehand their dog's name, then that's pretty good evidence of your "trip" being more than a lucid dream.

On the other hand: If this information Was available to you beforehand (even in gentle passing, ie, you may've heard your neighbor call the dog from a distance--something you really weren't conscious of, but nonetheless it registered in your brain), then you've been witness to your mind's astounding capacity to create its own accurately detailed reality, even from the briefest of exposure.

Years ago, I dreamt I awakened in the middle of the night -- time and place were accurate -- got up and walked into my parents' bedroom, where I saw them sleeping, again with all things as they should be. Before walking back to my bed, I said hello to them, figuring the following: if they wake up the next morning and can recall a dream where I was in their room, well, again, that would pretty darn convincing.

The next morning, when I asked, they said they had no recollection of me in a dream, or any particular dream, for that matter.

So much for the single-trial approach.

Final word: I am Not convinced a "spirit walk" is impossible. However, given the power of wishful thinking, I would be extremely cautious about drawing conclusions / interpreting the experience you had.

lord xyz
I've had dreams which also struck me as precognitive, and so far I've been unable to come up with plausible, alternate explanations. If you also find that no other explanation is likely, again this increases the possibility that these dreams are more than just nocturnal business as usual.

Smiter
well i dont know the information before hand but then again whenever i go out to drive way and go to work i seldomly see the dog and the owner strolling near by the house. Its super wierd that the dog barked at me during my spirit-walk/lucid dream. and its so damn realistic.

by the way during my Lucid dream/spirit walk I premeditated that I go to the neighbors and see her naked. reason why i walked out of the house. but then the dog Interupted me.

Mindship
by the way during my Lucid dream/spirit walk I premeditated that I go to the neighbors and see her naked. reason why i walked out of the house. but then the dog Interupted me.

So much for "man's best friend."

Smiter
its so super wierd that i have never been in control of my dream. Im actually concious enough to make my own decision during this so called dream. which is why i called it spirit walk.

Mindship
You can train yourself to increase their frequency (google up some articles about lucid dreaming; I'm sure you could find some induction and control techniques).

Once you get some frequency going (I've had as many as three a week), see if you can set up some tests. Eg, Without saying anything to them, see if you can visit friends, pick something unique about their room or situation, and then call to verify.

Even if it is "just" lucid dreaming, you can still have a blast, especially if you work with the dream. Also, experiment with your breathing; you can start off by just observing what happens when you exhale into your dream environment.

There's tons of stuff you can learn to do.

rolling on floor laughing

Baldey
Sounds very interesting. Thanks.

GrillingNemo
spirit walking... really crazy. i don't think i've ever experienced this though.

Smiter
Its So hard to have a Lucid Dream because most dreams are just like watching TV but in first person. You cant control a regular dream. But lucid dreaming. Knowing that you're dreaming. you're able to control it.

Another thing is that even though your dreams may bend the laws of reality (e.g flying without wings) . You believe it to be true while dreaming.

Lord Urizen
I had a Dream I was getting a blowjob...droolio

And then all of a sudden, I really was having a blowjob ! droolio

PVS
Spirit Walking?

no

Deja Vu?

no

Is it Possible?

no

Coincidence?

yes

quickshot
Deja Vu is a mental trick cos ou're brains wired all wrong it can sometimes fire to the memory quicker than the concious brain causing a feeling that yo've been there before

However i have no problem with a belief you've seen the future

Moisey
I'm thinking it's a Deja Vu. Probably that happened, and you just don't remember it. Then again, It can be a Lucid Dream.

debbiejo
I believe I've had this happen to me at least 3 or 4 times. I called someone on one occasion right away because it was in the middle of the afternoon and I was on my couch. I was drifting above my body and could see everyone in the kitchen and living room doing their thing, the music was slowed down, and someone was on the pc and the audio was slowed down also.......Couldn't get past the ceiling though nor the floor........damn ceiling and floor!!

Another time it was at night and I was able to get through the ceiling and above the houses. It was very dark out and all I could see was the few lights on from the houses below, then all of a sudden like a sling shot I was pulled back into my body. I thought it was really strange, so I read up on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.