POTC4-ch13 until fanfiction is back on (for sailorleo)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp

willofthewisp
Rest of story

Jack: .....and then I said, "you be careful with that hammer."
(everyone laughs)
Liz: Oh Jack! Tell us when you were made chief.
(they see a ship coming towards them)
Jack (quietly to Liz): This plan of yours is working (louder) Then there was this one time...
Alex: Ahoy! Where's Abby?
Abigail: Alex. Alex, you fool. (acting drunk) When I said be a pirate, I didn't mean all this. (staggers around) You've been a bad, bad boy.
Alex: Sorry, Abby. It's all for you, though. Jack, give me Kate and I'll leave the Pearl alone forever. You and your woman can do whatever you want without my interference.
Jack: What? (laughs)
Alex: Hand over Kate and I'll leave you all alone.
Jack: What? (laughs, acting drunker than the rest) What's he keep saying?
Gibbs: Such a pretty boat....
Alex: Here now! What is all this? Abby, have you been drinking? All this time sailing and you've never touched a drop!
Abigail: Come over here, Alex. I want to tell you the story of when Hamlet and I were crossing the Red Sea and I says to him, "you sold me out, Hamlet Smith!"
(everyone laughs, pretending to get it)
Alex: Abby? I'm coming over there. You can come with me when I deliver Kate. These pirates are a bad influence on you.
(swings onto the Pearl)
Gibbs: Grab him! (he grabs him in a hold)
Jack: (points a sword under his chin) You'll be a little peeved to know Kate isn't here.
Alex: She's not? But I need her for my plan?
Abigail: Alex, have you always been true to me? Are you really doing this for me?
Alex: I'd give you the world if I could, Abby. I need something to be worthy of you. Now that your father is alive, he'll never let you marry a penniless pirate.
Abigail: He will once he knows how much I love you! (kisses him in front of everyone)
Gibbs: What now, Captain?
Jack: My boy, you might have some redeeming qualities. Any idea where these pirates would have taken Mr. Turner?
Alex: The only place I can think of is back to where they dock. It's on the other side of Jamaica, several miles from Port Royal.
Jack: Then that is where we'll look first. Though Heaven knows if Jacky is there, the pirates may turn them back over to us without a fight.

Back with the trial

Captain Blood: And Governor Turner, what do you have to say for yourself?
Will: All I say is that I did steal your vial with the intention of saving this entire island. I apologize for any inconvenience done to your people, but I felt, and still feel, that stealing it to heal the sea would benefit everyone in the long run.
Captain Blood: Jury?
Foreman: We don't need no deliberatin' time, Cap'n. Guilty as charged.
Captain Blood: Then the penalty is death.
Jacky: Wait! You can't kill him.
Captain Blood: Oh? And why not?
Jacky: He's the father of my child. (they all look at her) You wouldn't hurt a lady with a baby would you?
Foreman: I don't think so.
Jacky: Then you can't hurt the father. For everyone knows a woman cannot be a mother without a man and a man cannot be a father without a woman. So if you mean to do well to a lady, you have to also mean to do well to her man, especially when she's made him a father.
Captain Blood: What?
Will: She certainly has Jack's logic.
Jacky: Please. Let us live so we can enjoy our baby.
Kate (to herself): I should have said I'm pregnant too.
Captain Blood: Very well, madam. We can't hurt you properly considering your condition and like you so confusingly put it, we can't hurt the man responsible. So you two (points to Kate and Norrington) Why can't I kill you two?
Norrington: You would kill only some of us?
Captain: I'm in a killing mood.
Norrington: As long as you leave my daughter...
Kate: I'm his daughter. You wouldn't kill a girl's father with her watching would you? Or kill his offspring with him watching?
(Norrington just stares at her)
Captain Blood: I've reached a decision. The penalty shall not be death. The penalty shall be slavery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.