Door to Door Atheism!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Just wanted to share this. I ROTFLOL'd.

Click me.

Does anyone else smile when they see the Mormons getting a taste of their own ****ing medicine? Is this justified, you think?

Gregory
Funny, but I don't think any good is likely to come of it.

Impediment
edit.

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by Impediment

Click me.

Does anyone else smile when they see the Mormons getting a taste of their own ****ing medicine? Is this justified, you think?

I think I've just found out who the two guys are in the video..He..He..He..

Recruiter 1

Recruiter 2

Off topic(or possibly on topic) I think this thread should be merged with the "So called Religion of Atheism" one.

Impediment
Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo
Off topic(or possibly on topic) I think this thread should be merged with the "So called Religion of Atheism" one.

Maybe so, but I wanted to spark a discussion, really, about the effects of Mormons going door to door and bothering people with this shit. Nothing more.

usagi_yojimbo
Maybe so, but I wanted to spark a discussion, really, about the effects of Mormons going door to door and bothering people with this shit. Nothing more.

Well it is their right - and they're not really harming anyone - although they can get a bit annoying sometimes.

Still you do have to admire their dedication to the Mormon cause(however incorrect their doctrine might be) If more Christians(myself included) were as dedicated(devoted) to doing the right thing and spreading the gospel as they were - then this world would truly be a better place. A lot to learn from them actually.

On another note - I used to invite them inside of my house(back in the day) - just so I could debate the scriptures with them, and inform them about how unscriptural their doctrine was(when compared to the bible) I don't think I got any converts(possibly could of though) but I do think they got the idea not to come over anymore. Needless to say - my house has been Mormonless(and Jehova's Witnessless) ever since. They must have me on their blacklists...He..He..He..

Imperial_Samura

Click me.

It's John Safran, from his series John Safran vs. God.

He is an Australian who does great shows like this (his previous one taking on the music industry.) In this series he had a look at every major religion, and plenty of the less known ones (when he dressed up as Beck, after finding a link tying him to Scientology, and went to a Scientology convention it, quite funny. Or when tried to join the KKK despite being a Jew and told the grand Dragon Jesus was a Jew.)

Great series, I remember laughing so much when I first saw this bit on TV (and later on he went back with an ex-Mormon and got a pair of the Mormon "magic underpants" - they were a prize on the show.)

Rogue Jedi
door to door atheism? whats next?

xmarksthespot
Well it is their right - and they're not really harming anyone - although they can get a bit annoying sometimes. Harassment is a misdemeanor.
Still you do have to admire their dedication to the Mormon cause(however incorrect their doctrine might be) If more Christians(myself included) were as dedicated(devoted) to doing the right thing and spreading the gospel as they were - then this world would truly be a better place. A lot to learn from them actually. Dear god (figuratively of course) no.

Edit: Snake.. hippo... wow.

Lord Urizen
Door to Door anything is a waste.

Shakyamunison
Stupid thread...

Impediment
Here is the actual link again. I tried the old one earlier, but it was a different page for some reason.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1164167327/Atheists_Go_Knocking_on_Doors_in_Salt_Lake_City

I just don't understand why Mormons don't get the blatantly obvioius point that people don't want to be bothered by door to door convertists.

Impediment
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Stupid thread...

Why is it stupid? I said that I wanted to discuss how Mormons were getting a tatse of their own medicine by having atheists go door to door and peddle their beliefs on other complete strangers just like the Mormons do. I used this video for perspective. erm

lord xyz
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
door to door atheism? whats next? church of atheism, then we will be a religion just like you guys.

Impediment
Originally posted by lord xyz
church of atheism, then we will be a religion just like you guys.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair already tried that and look what happened to her. Then again, she was a smear on atheism. She was too vulgar and prideful to be a leader.

Bardock42
I'd be a perfect atheist leader. I was born for the ideologie.

lord xyz
Wait, we already are a religion, becuase we believe there is no god.

Atheism, a religion, and the most dangerous one because we don't believe in God who clearly exists.

usagi_yojimbo
Why is it stupid? I said that I wanted to discuss how Mormons were getting a tatse of their own medicine by having atheists go door to door and peddle their beliefs on other complete strangers just like the Mormons do. I used this video for perspective.

Not a stupid topic - you just have a lot of anti-religious people in this forum, and its very scary for them to see atheism, as just another religion among many.

Lord Urizen
Wait, we already are a religion, becuase we believe there is no god.

Atheism, a religion, and the most dangerous one because we don't believe in God who clearly exists.

You're going to Athiest Hell.......which is Eternal Mass ! fear

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd be a perfect atheist leader. I was born for the ideologie. Nah, Hitler's the best Aheist leader. He's a classic example of us Atheists. And Einstein is a classic example of christian theists.

Lord Urizen
Nah, Hitler's the best Aheist leader. He's a classic example of us Atheists. And Einstein is a classic example of christian theists.

Aheist

Atheist*

stick out tongue

lord xyz
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Aheist

Atheist*

stick out tongue Don't you mean Athiest?

Shakyamunison
Why is it stupid? I said that I wanted to discuss how Mormons were getting a tatse of their own medicine by having atheists go door to door and peddle their beliefs on other complete strangers just like the Mormons do. I used this video for perspective. erm

OK I'll take it back...

Challenged thread... big grin

Lord Urizen
Don't you mean Athiest?

laughing

I couldn't care less really. I'm just teasing you since you love to call out my spelling mistakes, especially when I make those types in long, heated, and rushed posts.

Impediment

Shakyamunison

Impediment
When Mormons attack!

What would Jesus do? Are these people good ambassadors for the Church of LDS? I know that every man has his breaking point, but shouldn't these people show a bit more restraint and, maybe, expect this kind of reaction from people that they bother? Are their actions justified, you think?

Impediment
Hitler was a Christian.

I don't dispute that fact. I just wanted to know why XYZ feels that a lunatic like Adolf Hitler is a good ambassador to Atheism, is all.

Strangelove
An entertaining video laughing

Shakyamunison
I don't dispute that fact. I just wanted to know why XYZ feels that a lunatic like Adolf Hitler is a good ambassador to Atheism, is all.

I think he dose not know what Hitler really did.

Lord Urizen
I think he dose not know what Hitler really did.

Or anything at all for that matter....

lord xyz

Impediment
I'm joking you twit. stick out tongue

doh Oh, ok.

lord xyz
doh Oh, ok. laughing out loud Do you really think I would say shit like that? No Atheist would say Atheism is a religion, or that Hitler was an Atheist.

Regret
Here is the actual link again. I tried the old one earlier, but it was a different page for some reason.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1164167327/Atheists_Go_Knocking_on_Doors_in_Salt_Lake_City

I just don't understand why Mormons don't get the blatantly obvioius point that people don't want to be bothered by door to door convertists. As the most vocal resident Mormon, I thought I would comment.

I thoroughly enjoyed the piece, it was entertaining and thought provoking.

Personally, I typically speak at great length with those that knock my door promoting some religious or philosophical position, and in Utah we get a large number of various Christian groups that come to "save" us erroneous Mormons. It would be hypocritical to not speak with them, given our method of proselytizing.

As to the method, I see little means of accomplishing the same goal in another manner. Now time frame should probably be altered if it is interrupting your sleep, I would ask them for a number where the Mission President can be reached and politely let the issue be known. We do not mean to be overly intrusive.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Regret
As the most vocal resident Mormon, I thought I would comment.

Personally, I typically speak at great length with those that knock my door promoting some religious or philosophical position, and in Utah we get a large number of various Christian groups that come to "save" us erroneous Mormons. It would be hypocritical to not speak with them, given our method of proselytizing.

As to the method, I see little means of accomplishing the same goal in another manner. Now time frame should probably be altered if it is interrupting your sleep, I would ask them for a number where the Mission President can be reached and politely let the issue be known. We do not mean to be overly intrusive.

I understand that you feel you are helping people, but when it reaches the level of harassment you must realize your legal bounds.

Also, if you aim to preach to anyone that they should change thier ways of life, you need to provide more reasoning than just, "this is what the Bible/Book of Mormom/my church says, so you need to beleive it"

BackFire
This is funny, and it makes you think.

lord xyz

I just don't understand why Mormons don't get the blatantly obvioius point that people don't want to be bothered by door to door convertists. Serves them right I say.

usagi_yojimbo
As the most vocal resident Mormon, I thought I would comment.

Can you tell me whether or not the Mormon's have a blacklist?(of people they won't visit)

Regret
Can you tell me whether or not the Mormon's have a blacklist?(of people they won't visit) There is not a "blacklist" per say, if a person lets the local Bishop and/or Mission President know they do not wish to be contacted, the Church will try to respect such a request (i.e. they will list the residence as not desiring contact.) Excommunicated members may be on a do not visit list though, but I am unsure if this is the case, would just make sense.

Blaxican
I just watched the video. I was actually laughing m yass off at athiests, not Mormons.

"Did you know your ancestors were monkeys?"

lol, the evolutionary theory is so retarded...

Impediment
Originally posted by Blaxican
I just watched the video. I was actually laughing my ass off at athiests, not Mormons.

lol, the evolutionary theory is so retarded...

I, myself, was laughing myself silly at the Mormons, not the Atheists.

"Did you know that God made the heavens and the Earth and that Jesus died on the cross for our sins? On top of that, Jesus came to the Americas and spread gospel even though it is undocumented in any other script besides what Joe Smith conjured up. We'd like to invite you to share our beliefs."

Blaxican
That's pretty stupid as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the Mormons either. I actually find most religions/beliefs to be silly.

lord xyz
I just watched the video. I was actually laughing m yass off at athiests, not Mormons.

lol, the evolutionary theory is so retarded... Can't be as retarded as "God did it." can it?

I liked it when the mormons said "This is wrong, go away, who are you to force your beliefs?" or something like that.

Blaxican
No, not really. it would actually make sense for some "first" thing, to make other things.

If Monkeys needed to evolve in order to sruvive, (Which is the basis for evolution) then why are theere still monkeys?

lord xyz
No, not really. it would actually make sense for some "first" thing, to make other things.

If Monkeys needed to evolve in order to sruvive, (Which is the basis for evolution) then why are theere still monkeys? No, that's not the basis of the evolutionary theory, anyone with an understanding of the theory would know that. Evolution is saying animals were once one, then changed to survive in the changing climates, no one ever said monkeys evolved. Seriously, no one has ever said that. People say our ancestors were "monkey-like creatures" or we are related to monkeys, but that doesn't mean we evolved from monkeys does it?

Shakyamunison
No, that's not the basis of the evolutionary theory, anyone with an understanding of the theory would know that. Evolution is saying animals were once one, then changed to survive in the changing climates, no one ever said monkeys evolved. Seriously, no one has ever said that. People say our ancestors were "monkey-like creatures" or we are related to monkeys, but that doesn't mean we evolved from monkeys does it?

You are correct. Monkeys are modern animals, the animals that they evolved from are not on the Earth any more.

lord xyz
You are correct. Monkeys are modern animals, the animals that they evolved from are not on the Earth any more. What evolution sientists say is tat humans and monkeys could've evolved from the same species, and there is evidence to suggest that.

Shakyamunison
What evolution sientists say is tat humans and monkeys could've evolved from the same species, and there is evidence to suggest that.

The key is time; hundreds of millions of years.

lord xyz
The key is time; hundreds of millions of years. Exactly! Micro evolution and macro evolution are both evolution, IE the same process. The difference is that macro is on a larger sclae to micro. How one can be true and the other can't is absurd.

Lord Urizen
There is not a "blacklist" per say, if a person lets the local Bishop and/or Mission President know they do not wish to be contacted, the Church will try to respect such a request (i.e. they will list the residence as not desiring contact.) Excommunicated members may be on a do not visit list though, but I am unsure if this is the case, would just make sense.

Excommunicated ? laughing

Impediment
This thread may be getting off topic! stick out tongue

I just wanted to hear opinons about door-to-door religious convertists who bother complete strangers.

lord xyz
This thread may be getting off topic! stick out tongue

I just wanted to hear opinons about door-to-door religious convertists who bother complete strangers. I think it's ****ing aweful, then again, so do all atheists.

Blaxican
I'm a Jehovah's Witness! smile

Shakyamunison
I'm a Jehovah's Witness! smile

That still counts as a Christian.

Blaxican
duh. I never said I wasn't a christian.

Shakyamunison
duh. I never said I wasn't a christian.

I was talking to some of the other people. There are Christians on this forum who would consider you to not be a Christian. big grin

lord xyz
I'm a Jehovah's Witness! smile God loves you.

Real people think you're an *******.

Shakyamunison
God loves you.

Now, now don't be telling him the truth. laughing

lord xyz
Now, now don't be telling him the truth. laughing You can buy phrases like that on clothes and badges over here. It's basically saying **** off you religious nuts.

debbiejo
I did not come from a monkey There must be some other explanation.

I didn't......no no no

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo

I didn't......no no no There is, it's called evolution.

Shakyamunison

I didn't......no no no

Monkeys are modern animals. Evolution does not say that humans evolved from monkeys.

lord xyz
Monkeys are modern animals. Evolution does not say that humans evolved from monkeys. I think it should be illegal to be biased and make people naive.

Blaxican
God loves you.

Please. Don't tell me things I already know.

It's funny, because you people think we are completely oblivious to the fact that people hate what we do, and hate us for it. We know. We've always known, but we do it anyway.

Jesus said that his followers would be hated by those that they preach to. But we do it anyway.

But let me ask you a question. For all the complaining that you do, does it really help? Do Witnesses and Mormons really stop visiting you and trying to convert you? My guess is no.

Us on the other, manage to recruit thousands of people a year, and their are hundreds or reports of peope who were about to commit suicide when we knocked on their doors and prevented it.

My point really is yes, we're annoying, we knwo we're annoying, we just don't give a rats ass because we know we're doing something right, obviously.

Shakyamunison

It's funny, because you people think we are completely oblivious to the fact that people hate what we do, and hate us for it. We know. We've always known, but we do it anyway.

Jesus said that his followers would be hated by those that they preach to. But we do it anyway.

But let me ask you a question. For all the complaining that you do, does it really help? Do Witnesses and Mormons really stop visiting you and trying to convert you? My guess is no.

Us on the other, manage to recruit thousands of people a year, and their are hundreds or reports of peope who were about to commit suicide when we knocked on their doors and prevented it.

My point really is yes, we're annoying, we knwo we're annoying, we just don't give a rats ass because we know we're doing something right, obviously.

I don't hate you...But there is a good chance that you will hate me. stick out tongue

lord xyz

My point really is yes, we're annoying, we knwo we're annoying, we just don't give a rats ass because we know we're doing something right, obviously. I sure hope your religion allows profanity, harassment and lying. Other wise you're not a very good follower.

Emperor Ashtar
Edit: opps, wrong thread.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
XYZ, why do you start these threads, I swear.

He has nothing better to do...

Hey! the KillerMovies logo is all holidayed out. eek!

Mr. Sandman

By the same logic, people hate murderers too. Are they doing something right because they're hated?

lord xyz
He has nothing better to do...

Hey! the KillerMovies logo is all holidayed out. eek! agreed,

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
By the same logic, people hate murderers too. Are they doing something right because they're hated?

That has to qualify as one of the worst false analogies that's ever been made..He..He..

Alliance
Is this justified, you think?

I would have to say that door to door religious pedlding is never justified.

smile I'm back everyone.

debbiejo
I don't think I came from a monkey..........really......another planet maybe, but not a monkey....... no

Alliance
You came from your parents.

If you think evolution states that "man came form monkeys" you're delusional.

Bardock42
I don't think I came from a monkey..........really......another planet maybe, but not a monkey....... no

You did evolve from monkeys though. Yeah. You did.

debbiejo
That's just so sick..........

*picks bugs off mate and eats them*

Alliance
Debbie, are you feeling ok?

Bardock42
That's just so sick..........

*picks bugs off mate and eats them*

How is that sick? I mean seriously. How is human behaviour less sick than monkey behaviour?

debbiejo
I draw the line at the monkey thing.......I just cannot go there.....must be a phobia. I mean I'm a very visual person, I just cannot do that........hahahaha

I've never even seen 2 gorillas doing it...........and I will not imagine that..NOOOO

I'd rather evolve from a horse or a llama, or bunny or something....

Bardock42
I draw the line at the monkey thing.......I just cannot go there.....must be a phobia. I mean I'm a very visual person, I just cannot do that........hahahaha

I've never even seen 2 gorillas doing it...........and I will not imagine that..NOOOO

...you make no sense. We evolved from monkeylike creatures. We are now us. What is your problem with having monkey ancestors? I mean. How are monkeys sick?

debbiejo
They're not cute!! They're disgusting.......I see what they do at the zoo.
Kinda like what men think about doing in public........lol

I have to turn away.........

Bardock42
They're not cute!! They're disgusting.......I see what they do at the zoo.
Kinda like what men think about doing in public........lol

I have to turn away.........

Kinda what women and men do in private. Just without idiotic morals around to stop them from doing what they really want?

debbiejo
Hedonistic monkeys.........They like people to look! They won't stop!!

It's soooo embarrassing.....

On second though bardock, what a wonderful world this would be......oh my god all over the place, everywhere.........lol

Bardock42
Hedonistic monkeys.........They like people to look! They won't stop!!

It's soooo embarrassing.....

Not for them. And it shouldn't be for you. No reason to be embarrassed.

debbiejo
What? People everywhere doing it in public.....walking around like that and stuff?

This thread is degenerating quite fast.

Bardock42
What? People everywhere doing it in public.....walking around like that and stuff?

Yes, you shouldn't be embarrassed of that either. Why?

debbiejo
blink

Ever visit a bar??

Bardock42
blink

Ever visit a bar??

Yes, why?

debbiejo
The more they drink, the more they act like monkeys..........

Drunk people = monkeys.......they'll even eat bugs on a dare.......lol

Bardock42
The more they drink, the more they act like monkeys..........

Drunk people = monkeys.......they'll even eat bugs on a dare.......lol

Well, even more evidence that we evolved from them.

I am also not sure if monkeys is actually the correct term. Should maybe be apes.

debbiejo
Oh, that's worse........ sad

They have weird heads.......

Bardock42
Oh, that's worse........ sad

They have weird heads.......

Well, I don't know. Either way. deal with it. We are not more than animals anyways.

debbiejo
You don't know that they have weird heads??? Look at them man....... laughing out loud

Besides this hasn't been proven beyond a reasonable doubt,......so .....Maybe there is another theory that hasn't made its way yet..I'll wait for that one.. big grin

Bardock42
You don't know that they have weird heads??? Look at them man....... laughing out loud

Besides this hasn't been proven beyond a reasonable doubt,......so .....Maybe there is another theory that hasn't made its way yet..I'll wait for that one.. big grin

No, no, it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. All doubts people have are unreasonable and due to them being idiots.

debbiejo
OK, then it hasn't been proven to be without flaw. smart

Bardock42
OK, then it hasn't been proven to be without flaw. smart

No, it does not.

debbiejo
Are you sure?

Bardock42
Are you sure?

Debbiejo. What has ever been proven without a flaw? What? Just name one thing.

debbiejo
That I'm a female.

Bardock42
That I'm a female.

Has it? Are you sure? How is it proven? What is a female even? Are you hundred percent sure you are not a guy and you are just experiencing what it would be like to be a woman? Is this all here maybe just a sick computer game?

debbiejo
*Must take a pill, bardock is speaking*

I am 100% sure that my physical make up is one of female, by all scientific standards...inners and outers...........Spiritual though, I may be both, but that is another story.....since spirits/energy doesn't have a sexual orientation.

Bardock42
*Must take a pill, bardock is speaking*

I am 100% sure that my physical make up is one of female, by all scientific standards...inners and outers...........Spiritual though, I may be both, but that is another story.....since spirits/energy doesn't have a sexual orientation.

Well, you are lying to yourself then. Must be a gift the slow minded have. I actually believe that you are 100% sure. You shouldn't be though.

debbiejo
You're just trying to convince me I was a monkey! If that is the case, then we could all just be what ever we think we are. And this being so, large quantities of lithium will be required.

Look at me now! I'm a giraffe.

Bardock42
You're just trying to convince me I was a monkey! If that is the case, then we could all just be what ever we think we are. And this being so, large quantities of lithium will be required.

Look at me now! I'm a giraffe.

No, you never were a monkey. I am sure not trying to convince you of that.

debbiejo
Well in any case I don't think evolution can be 100% proved. If though it happens to be that I was/were, or my family.. a monkey/ape .....I'm gonna throw up....... It's ok, at least I don't feel like one.......ok, only if I have a few drinks.

Bardock42
Well in any case I don't think evolution can be 100% proved. If though it happens to be that I was/were, or my family.. a monkey/ape .....I'm gonna throw up....... It's ok, at least I don't feel like one.......ok, only if I have a few drinks.

Nothing can be 100% proved. Evolution is just the most likely and most reasonable thing.

But it was none of your close family or anything.

It was millions of years ago. You are a human now. And your family as well.

lord xyz
If there's a better explanation than evolution, I certainly would like to see it.

Lord Urizen
If there's a better explanation than evolution, I certainly would like to see it.

Same Here

Alliance
Is this cleared up?

debbiejo
If I tell you, you all will think I'm strange,........but I've heard it in not so popular circles..........

Alliance
I don't know what that means.

Bottom line: You don't understand evolution.

debbiejo
Maybe I only see it as one possibility.

Alliance
That may be true, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of you being uneducated or confused about the subject.

That is what I'm complaining about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.