Christmas Preparations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
Anybody started getting ready for Christmas yet?

Bought gifts?

Put up Christmas Tree?

Don't celebrate Christmas?

Going away?

Out of school/In school?

Excited?

Don't care?

Christmas List?

By the way. If you have a Christmas List or just know what you want already, list it as well.

Thanks. wink

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

~Da Rev~
I have:

1. Decorated
2. Went shopping

I can't think of anything else i have to do.

KILLA420
not at all

LiL nAstY GirL
Decorating
Shopping

=Tired Hiker=
I'm spreading chocolate sauce all over my chest right now. smile

Strangelove
Nothing no expression

InnerRise
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I'm spreading chocolate sauce all over my chest right now. smile confused

Wha does that have to do with Christmas? huh

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

BlackSunshine
I havent done anything yet. I suppose I should get started. ermm

Barker
I watched "A Christmas Story".

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by InnerRise
confused

Wha does that have to do with Christmas? huh

I dunno. embarrasment

Röland
I put the decorations up, that's it.

InnerRise
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I dunno. embarrasment Well I think you should use that chocolate sauce for some sort of Christmas pastry instead.

Don't you?

Lana
Told my mom what I wanted, and that's it so far.

Might do some shopping this weekend.

=Tired Hiker=
Well I think you should use that chocolate sauce for some sort of Christmas pastry instead.

Don't you?

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. sad

Thorinn
I haven't done anything, and probably won't.

I need to save for a new car.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Thorinn
I haven't done anything, and probably won't.

I need to save for a new car. Wouldn't you rather experiencing the gift of giving instead of spending your money on yourself though? erm

How about you ask Santa for a Car and see what happens and the money you're saving up can be spent on your love ones.

Lyna303
helped people decorate and shopped, for myself...

dr. pookie
i'm making preperations to kidnap santa

Kram3r
We put the Christmas tree up. That's about it.

Blaxican
I'm a Jehovah's Witness, I don't celebrate christmas.

It's cool though...

silver_tears
Bought gifts?
Nope, and won't be family excluded, me and my friends have decided to send each other elaborate cards since we're all so far away instead of gifts.

Put up Christmas Tree?
Nope, we get a real one and I get like 3 Christmases kind of so we don't put it up until like the 22nd since it has to last into January and we always get a real one.

Do, more than once.

Going away?
Going home from school on the 15th, then going to the States me thinks if not Cuba or something.

Out of school/In school?
Out of school by then, exams end the 15th. Second semester starts January 9th.

Excited?
Very, Christmas is the shit.

Don't care?
Of course I do.

Christmas List?
Hmmm well ideally I just want money, I need to raise a grand to get certified to teach English in Thailand (my dream at the moment) and then enough to buy a ticket there.
Other than that I'm asking my mum to make donations in my name to Project RED and Skate4Cancer me thinks.
Selfishly I'd love me some new sneakers.

InnerRise
Originally posted by silver_tears
Just curious if English is your first language.

Where do you live?

Bardock42

No

Bought gifts?

No

Put up Christmas Tree?

No. And won't.

Calling me a kyke?

Going away?

Yeah, home.

Out of school/In school?

In school. Not going though.

Excited?

Nah

Don't care?

Pretty much. Though presents are nice.

Christmas List?

No

By the way. If you have a Christmas List or just know what you want already, list it as well.

But I don't, haven't you listened?

Thanks. wink

Welcome

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

No

Naz
Anybody started getting ready for Christmas yet? Yes.

Bought gifts? Only for myself.

Put up Christmas Tree? Was on KMC while my family put it up.

Going away? Nope.

Out of school/In school? In school for now.

Excited? I think I might be getting an iPod. 80GB, baby.

Christmas List? Car.

Spearhead
Well, we have lights in our room--around the cieling, the little white ones. There's a tree in the hall downstairs, and like a fake tiny one outside the room here. I'll be outta school in 2 or so weeks...and my parents said they'd try to get me a Wii.

Mainly, I want Christmas to come because it would mean finals will have passed

Mr. Bacon
nothing christmasy here

silver_tears
Just curious if English is your first language.

Where do you live?

Nope, and in Canada.

Thorinn
Wouldn't you rather experiencing the gift of giving instead of spending your money on yourself though? erm

How about you ask Santa for a Car and see what happens and the money you're saving up can be spent on your love ones.

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Well, I would.

But my family and I are not doing much except Christmas dinner, I will get my mom and dad something, and I loaned my sister $700, so she isn't getting anything.

Oh, and I don't believe in Santa.

InnerRise
Well, I would.

But my family and I are not doing much except Christmas dinner, I will get my mom and dad something, and I loaned my sister $700, so she isn't getting anything.

Oh, and I don't believe in Santa. How terrible. Santa Clause believes in you though. cry

I bet your sister would be so surprised if you got her something, no matter how small. I mean you loaned her $700 so she isn't expecting a thing, it would be so special.

Better yet, on christmas morning tell her that she can have it and not pay a cent back.

Now wouldn't that be a magical time. wink

Oh how I wish I could be in your shoes at that moment in time to witness that magical experience.

You lucky devil. doped

Scythe
Originally posted by Barker
I watched "A Christmas Story".

Same here buddy, my xmas tasks are done. Bring on the new year.

Thorinn
Originally posted by Scythe
Same here buddy, my xmas tasks are done. Bring on the new year. My newyears resolution is to not skin goats.

Alive. no expression

LanceWindu
The tree is up and I've bought a gift for everyone on my list...right now I'm contemplating whether or not to get some cards sent out to some of my closest KMC friends. stick out tongue

InnerRise
Oh yeah. I failed to mention how I've gotten ready for Christmas.

I told my family members way back at the beginning of this year to save up their money b/c what I want is expensive and I don't want to hear, "Oh that's too much, you're going to have to wait or buy it yourself."

Ohhh Noooo. You've had a entire year to prepare for this mess and so I better just get it. There should be nobody surprised or anything.

But then guess what. My grandparents decide to build and extra add on to their house that took up the entire year.

No excuses though. That's on them.

So yeah.

I made sure the people who are vital to me having a good Christmas had a good heads up to make my Christmas as special as I want it to be. doped

silver_tears
That's just selfish

InnerRise
That's just selfish I'm not selfish mhm

I just anticipate and PREPARE. wink

It's called Christmas PREPARATIONS after all. doped

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

silver_tears
No, you demand, Christmas shouldn't be about demanding and getting the most expensive things possible, it should be more erm

Barker
That's just selfish

InnerRise
It is more. It's not about getting the most expensive things possible, it's about GETTING WHAT YOU WANT.

And I plan to do that.

And the "More Than That" part comes in when I add MORE stuff to my Christmas List as the season draws nearer and nearer.

And I'm always thinking about next year, so yes. You're right. It's much much MORE. doped

silver_tears
That disgusts me.

It shouldn't be about getting what YOU want, it should be about giving and trying to make others happy. If you start planning about the things you want and demand them a year in advance that just leads to greed and selfishness.

If you can't see the hypocrisy of you telling Thorinn to buy all the people he knows gifts instead of getting himself a car, while you seem to feel you're more important than your grandparents' home addition, then well I pity you

InnerRise
Gosh. tongue

We are touchy aren't we.

You're taking what I'm saying too seriously.

Just messing.....................about some parts that is. shifty

But yeah. I'm well aware of what I've said to others on here.

Lana
That disgusts me.

It shouldn't be about getting what YOU want, it should be about giving and trying to make others happy. If you start planning about the things you want and demand them a year in advance that just leads to greed and selfishness.

If you can't see the hypocrisy of you telling Thorinn to buy all the people he knows gifts instead of getting himself a car, while you seem to feel you're more important than your grandparents' home addition, then well I pity you

I have to agree with this. I've asked for one single thing for Christmas as of yet, and it's not something that's very expensive.

What I am less than happy about is that I'm rather broke and can't afford to buy everyone gifts that I want to, and most of the ones I will be able to get won't be able to cost very much. There's probably only one person I'll be able to spend any real amount of money on...but that one person has done more for me then anyone I know and I do have an idea in mind for that.

silver_tears
To IR, well this is just general whether it relates to you or not, I'll never know, but I dislike selfishness around Christmas time, I hate this whole attitude about what you can do to further yourself, like people making demands etc on their family and friends about material goods. It's ridiculous, since like in the Grinch, the next day most of that crap ends up in the trash or forgotten.

I want above all, not including the money I need for my course, health for my family, and to ace my first university exams. I mean sure it'd be nice if I got a few things like the pair of new sneakers I want but I'm not demanding them.

Great the Vraya

Bought gifts?

Put up Christmas Tree?

Going away?

Out of school/In school?

Excited?

Don't care?

Christmas List?

Thanks. wink

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka..... yup, got the buying done and I got my avvy all "'tis the seasonish"

silver_tears
Originally posted by Lana
I have to agree with this. I've asked for one single thing for Christmas as of yet, and it's not something that's very expensive.

What I am less than happy about is that I'm rather broke and can't afford to buy everyone gifts that I want to, and most of the ones I will be able to get won't be able to cost very much. There's probably only one person I'll be able to spend any real amount of money on...but that one person has done more for me then anyone I know and I do have an idea in mind for that.

I agree, I'm more upset by the fact I have no money to buy people gifts, being in school and not working for a long time, plus expensive textbooks have drained my account. sad

InnerRise
To IR, well this is just general whether it relates to you or not, I'll never know, but I dislike selfishness around Christmas time, I hate this whole attitude about what you can do to further yourself, like people making demands etc on their family and friends about material goods. It's ridiculous, since like in the Grinch, the next day most of that crap ends up in the trash or forgotten.

I want above all, not including the money I need for my course, health for my family, and to ace my first university exams. I mean sure it'd be nice if I got a few things like the pair of new sneakers I want but I'm not demanding them. Well why not stop "Demanding" and just "Ask" and if you get it, you get it and if you don't, you don't.

It's not all about Demanding. You seem sort of biased.

Are you against ASKING in general? Do you come from a line of psychic decent?

Lana
I agree, I'm more upset by the fact I have no money to buy people gifts, being in school and not working for a long time, plus expensive textbooks have drained my account. sad

I am working, but my checks aren't much because unfortunately I just can't get enough hours...so between that and stuff like paying for car insurance and school stuff, has left me fairly broke.

I'll be likely blowing half my paycheck I get on Friday this weekend on a single gift. I love to go all out on gifts, I spoil the hell out of my family and friends, but I simply can't afford to do so this year...but there's one person in particular I really want to do so for.

silver_tears
I am working, but my checks aren't much because unfortunately I just can't get enough hours...so between that and stuff like paying for car insurance and school stuff, has left me fairly broke.

I'll be likely blowing half my paycheck I get on Friday this weekend on a single gift. I love to go all out on gifts, I spoil the hell out of my family and friends, but I simply can't afford to do so this year...but there's one person in particular I really want to do so for.

It's sad because I so love shopping for people.
Specially when you find the perfect little thing for each individual, just to cap off the gift, like a star wars christmas ornament, or a simpson's beer mug, things that you know they'll love and get some pleasure from.
I don't understand how people can go in and be done all their shopping in like a day. It takes me forever because I love making each gift personal.

Well why not stop "Demanding" and just "Ask" and if you get it, you get it and if you don't, you don't.

It's not all about Demanding. You seem sort of biased.

Are you against ASKING in general? Do you come from a line of psychic decent?

You specifically said demanding.
I'm not against people making Christmas lists, heck I make them too, but it's ridiculous when people thrown tantrums when they don't get what's on them.
Personally I just enjoy being thought of and remembered enough to get anything at all even if it's just a card.
I want sneakers, but if I don't get them, tough cookies, there's always other chances to. It's not the end of the world if I don't always get what I want.

LanceWindu
I've spent $100 and change this year on gifts. Not much because I'm on a budget, but the gifts I chose were either useful to the person I bought it for...or I know the person will love the gift.

The only thing I've asked for this year is a bit of new clothes.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I've spent $100 and change this year on gifts. Not much because I'm on a budget, but the gifts I chose were either useful to the person I bought it for...or I know the person will love the gift.

The only thing I've asked for this year is a bit of new clothes.

Have you bought me anything dad?cry

I did a little shopping after Tday. Funny thing is all I could find that I bought was a toilet seat.bag

Lana
Specially when you find the perfect little thing for each individual, just to cap off the gift, like a star wars christmas ornament, or a simpson's beer mug, things that you know they'll love and get some pleasure from.
I don't understand how people can go in and be done all their shopping in like a day. It takes me forever because I love making each gift personal.

I'm the same way. Last year I think I stopped at the mall nearly every day on the way home from school, picking out a gift or two for someone each trip. Took me the whole month to get my shopping done, but I take my time in doing so.

InnerRise

You specifically said demanding.
I'm not against people making Christmas lists, heck I make them too, but it's ridiculous when people thrown tantrums when they don't get what's on them.
Personally I just enjoy being thought of and remembered enough to get anything at all even if it's just a card.
I want sneakers, but if I don't get them, tough cookies, there's always other chances to. It's not the end of the world if I don't always get what I want. Oh ok. I see.

Originally posted by LanceWindu

The only thing I've asked for this year is a bit of new clothes. I use to be crazy about getting new clothes each year for Christmas. At my school it's a think that everybody wanted to do. As soon as you came back you were bombarded my everybody judging and criticing you on the new clothes you got and how many you got and what you got. It was crazy.

Now that I'm in college, I don't even want to go get new clothes. I've always hated shopping for clothes and trying them on. So it's a relief now that the I only go shopping once a year and that's in the summer before the new school year begins.

LethalFemme
Oh ok. I see.

I use to be crazy about getting new clothes each year for Christmas. At my school it's a think that everybody wanted to do. As soon as you came back you were bombarded my everybody judging and criticing you on the new clothes you got and how many you got and what you got. It was crazy.

Now that I'm in college, I don't even want to go get new clothes. I've always hated shopping for clothes and trying them on. So it's a relief now that the I only go shopping once a year and that's in the summer before the new school year begins.

Didn't you throw a fit last year about Christmas presents?laughing out loud stick out tongue

InnerRise
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Didn't you throw a fit last year about Christmas presents?laughing out loud stick out tongue huh

silver_tears
I'm the same way. Last year I think I stopped at the mall nearly every day on the way home from school, picking out a gift or two for someone each trip. Took me the whole month to get my shopping done, but I take my time in doing so.

Exactly big grin
I was lucky last year since having worked all the way up to Christmas pretty decent hours I had plenty of money to buy people awesome personalized gifts. It's gonna kinda suck this year but what can you do right.
I'm just lucky my brother bought our parents their gifts, which I picked out, since he can afford them, so that's something.

LethalFemme
huh

I could have sworn it was you before you did the name change that was talking about your step mother making you wait until after church to open presents.confused

silver_tears
Tsk no

Thorinn
I could have sworn it was you before you did the name change that was talking about your step mother making you wait until after church to open presents.confused laughing out loud

InnerRise
I could have sworn it was you before you did the name change that was talking about your step mother making you wait until after church to open presents.confused Ha. I don't have a stepmother.

My mother doesn't even go to church.

no expression

LethalFemme
Tsk no

Quiet.stick out tongue

laughing out loud

What?laughing out loud

Ha. I don't have a stepmother.

My mother doesn't even go to church.

no expression

Sorry my mistake.laughing out loud

InnerRise
Yes it was. no expression

Hilarious. no expression

Lana
Exactly big grin
I was lucky last year since having worked all the way up to Christmas pretty decent hours I had plenty of money to buy people awesome personalized gifts. It's gonna kinda suck this year but what can you do right.
I'm just lucky my brother bought our parents their gifts, which I picked out, since he can afford them, so that's something.

Yeah, really...last year I spent something like $300 in total...this year I'll be lucky if I have half that. It kind of sucks, but I suppose I'll just have to make do.

Thorinn

What?laughing out loud

I don't know, why are you laughing? laughing out loud

LethalFemme
Yes it was. no expression

Hilarious. no expression

tongue12

I don't know, why are you laughing? laughing out loud

You first.blush2

Thorinn
tongue12

You first.blush2 I have no clue. laughing out loud

bag

tongue_ss

LethalFemme
I have no clue. laughing out loud

bag

tongue_ss

Loser.laughing out loud

embarrasment

friends

Thorinn
Loser.laughing out loud

embarrasment

friends You laughed, and didn't even know why, who's the loser now? laughing out loud

no expression

weep stop hitting me.

LethalFemme
You laughed, and didn't even know why, who's the loser now? laughing out loud

no expression

weep stop hitting me.

You laughed first.mhm

erm

Stop deserving it.miffed

InnerRise
Both of you were/are laughing.

You're both in the same boat.

So where does that leave you two?

Yeah, you got it........

We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Gift. doped

Thorinn
You laughed first.mhm

erm

Stop deserving it.miffed So...schmoll

p

I can't help it, you're so sexy...firefirefireph

LethalFemme
Both of you were/are laughing.

You're both in the same boat.

So where does that leave you two?

Yeah, you got it........

We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Gift. doped

Dont Judge me-I Judge You.ermm

So...schmoll

p

I can't help it, you're so sexy...firefirefireph

I'm not playing this anymore.schmoll

InnerRise

Exactly. wink

Thorinn

I'm not playing this anymore.schmoll Good. schmoll

LethalFemme
Exactly. wink

Definitely.wink

InnerRise
Definitely.wink Positive-a-lutely! doped

LethalFemme
Good. schmoll

Terrific.mhm

Positive-a-lutely! doped

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious .doped

InnerRise
Terrific.mhm

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious .doped Super-Sonic-Idiotic-Brain-Infected-Disconnected-Bubbled-Headed-Jerk. youpi

Emma718
Anybody started getting ready for Christmas yet? Not yet

Bought gifts? nup

Put up Christmas Tree? it's not even December yet lol

Don't celebrate Christmas? Ofcourse i do

Going away? No

Out of school/In school? Out of School

Excited? Meh kinda

Don't care? meh

Christmas List?

Don't know what i want lol, nothing really..

InnerRise
Originally posted by Emma718
Anybody started getting ready for Christmas yet? Not yet

Bought gifts? nup

Put up Christmas Tree? it's not even December yet lol

Don't celebrate Christmas? Ofcourse i do

Going away? No

Out of school/In school? Out of School

Excited? Meh kinda

Don't care? meh

Christmas List?

Don't know what i want lol, nothing really..

Most people put trees up the day right after Thanksgiving. I wish my mom would.
I always turn on the Christmas Tree Lights Music. Even if I'm on the opposite far side of the house and can't hear it. I'll get up in the middle of the night to do it. It's nostalgic.

You're out of school already. I have 2 more weeks. Are you in college?

Nothing for Christmas? There must be something you want? What part of Christmas are you the most excited about?

Shelbert Lemon
Not done much... gonna put the tree up this weekend.

Syren

Bought gifts? No, small issue of unemployment hindering that. But I start work Friday. Woohoo!

Put up Christmas Tree? Nah, mum does that shit

Don't celebrate Christmas? Of course I do! Crazy peeps who don't mhm

Going away? I bloody wish. Staying at my boyf's counts, right?

Out of school/In school? Left school

Excited? Abso-fecking-lutely!

Don't care? Pffft

Christmas List? All I want for Christmas, is money

big grin

InnerRise
Just looking quickly at Shelbert's and Syren's Avatars make me thing they're the same until I doubletake. dodgy

What do you mean you left school?

Syren
I left school 6 years ago? shrug

InnerRise
Originally posted by Syren
I left school 6 years ago? shrug shock

Why my child........why????? cry

I know what you want for Christmas then.

*Sings in the melody of "All I want for Christmas is my 2 Front Teeth*

"I you want for Christmas is your G-E-D........your G-E-D.....yeah your G-E-D.
All you want for Christmas is your G-E-DDDDDDDD......so that you can have an edgamacation." tongue

tomato

Syren
shock

Why my child........why????? cry

I know what you want for Christmas then.

*Sings in the melody of "All I want for Christmas is my 2 Front Teeth*

"I you want for Christmas is your G-E-D........your G-E-D.....yeah your G-E-D.
All you want for Christmas is your G-E-DDDDDDDD......so that you can have an edgamacation." tongue

tomato

Excuse you, our high schools ended when we were 16. I got all my GCSEs... bloody good results as well. I've been working since I left school and will be started a web design home study course in Feb that will span 18 months or so mhm

(Did you think I was younger than 22 or just stupid?) stick out tongue

InnerRise
Originally posted by Syren
Excuse you, our high schools ended when we were 16. I got all my GCSEs... bloody good results as well. I've been working since I left school and will be started a web design home study course in Feb that will span 18 months or so mhm

(Did you think I was younger than 22 or just stupid?) stick out tongue I calculated your age correctly.

I just didn't know your highschool ended at age 16, and since you said LEFT instead of GRADUATED I misinterpreted your meaning is all. wink

Did you like my song though? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.