Evangel94's 2nd Slugfest Showdown Tournament Rules & Sign-Ups Thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

King Kandy
There are to many banned powers... It really limits your choices.

Evangel94
Originally posted by King Kandy
There are to many banned powers... It really limits your choices.

There are tons of comicbook characters you can choose from that aren't even affected by these rules. You just gotta look. I'm trying to make an even playing field. The powers I banned can abused in a tournament like this. These rules worked really well in the first tournament and made for really interesting battles and strategies.

Blair Wind
confused

two tourneys at the same time??

I think Ill stick with Batdudes erm

Evangel94
Originally posted by Blair Wind
confused

two tourneys at the same time??

I think Ill stick with Batdudes erm

Well, that's completely up to you. My tournament is ready now and can start anytime there is enough people. I also made sure it was ok with the moderators, and they didn't seem mention anything about two competing tournaments interfering with one another. I have their stamp of approval.

Typhus
Sounds badass, sign me up.

Typhus
Hey, I just have a quick question: (other than war machine) what are some examples of the second tier of heros?

Soljer
I'm a bit confused....why do ANY of the combatants even matter?

For example, say that Team 1's Silver Surfer beats Team 2's 'herald leveller,' wouldn't he then be able to MASSACRE War Machine, Spiderman and Captain America with little to no effort? erm.

long pig
Dude, where the **** have you been?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Typhus
Hey, I just have a quick question: (other than war machine) what are some examples of the second tier of heros?

Enhanced Meta Examples would be:
Thing
Colossus
Pre-Extremis Iron Man
The Human Torch (without going nova)
Tempest
Carnivore
Conquest
She-Hulk
etc

For brawlers its like thing and colosus, their strength level would have to be 75 tons or less.

Street Level: No powers at all ala Captain America
Meta: Lower level mutants, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cyclops, Dr. Ocotopus
Enhanced Meta: War Machine, Thing, She-Hulk
Herald Level: Almost any herald of galactus, Superman, Hulk, Thor etc

Soljer
Originally posted by Evangel94
Enhanced Meta Examples would be:
Thing
Colossus
Pre-Extremis Iron Man
The Human Torch (without going nova)
Tempest
Carnivore
Conquest
She-Hulk
etc

For brawlers its like thing and colosus, their strength level would have to be 75 tons or less.

Street Level: No powers at all ala Captain America
Meta: Lower level mutants, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cyclops, Dr. Ocotopus
Enhanced Meta: War Machine, Thing, She-Hulk
Herald Level: Almost any herald of galactus, Superman, Hulk, Thor etc

But Colossus is class 100, so I'm assuming he would be unusable in that category, even though you used him as an example?

Same with She-Hulk, for that matter.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Soljer

For example, say that Team 1's Silver Surfer beats Team 2's 'herald leveller,' wouldn't he then be able to MASSACRE War Machine, Spiderman and Captain America with little to no effort? erm.

If Silver Surfer does manage beat the other team's herald level, he would most likely have sustained injuries, be somewhat tired, drained, and not be at 100%. He could help his other teammates, but not without further getting himself injured or even knocked out.

Then there's situations where Surfer may too busy fighting the other herald level character to help his teammates.

Plus its also a matter of team strategy, the kind of terrain they are fighting in, and prep-time.

Soljer
If Silver Surfer does manage beat the other team's herald level, he would most likely have sustained injuries, be somewhat tired, drained, and not be at 100%. He could help his other teammates, but not without further getting himself injured or even knocked out.

Then there's situations where Surfer may too busy fighting the other herald level character to help his teammates.

Plus its also a matter of team strategy, the kind of terrain they are fighting in, and prep-time.

But the thing is, if the Surfer could buy himself just a FEW nano seconds, he could literally one shot the three other combatants.

Even a hurt, injured, beaten, bruised, bloodied Surfer is not going to have ANY trouble with War Machine, Spiderman, and Captain America....

Evangel94
But Colossus is class 100, so I'm assuming he would be unusable in that category, even though you used him as an example?

Same with She-Hulk, for that matter.

Although Colossus has raw strength, he could not beat Silver Surfer under normal circumstances. Same goes for She-Hulk.

E-Meta is a category for comic characters who may be powerful, but can't compete on a cosmic level against any of the heralds of galactus or the likes of Superman, Thor, Gladiator, etc.

Perhaps, but you would have to prove it and That's what this tournament is all about. If you need to know how this tournament goes, just search "slugfest showdown" and look at the previous battles.

Anyway I would appreciate If you would let me know if you plan on signing up. This thread isn't for debates. It's about signing up if you interested in the tournament.

Soljer
Although Colossus has raw strength, he could not beat Silver Surfer under normal circumstances. Same goes for She-Hulk.

E-Meta is a category for comic characters who may be powerful, but can't compete on a cosmic level against any of the heralds of galactus or the likes of Superman, Thor, Gladiator, etc.

Perhaps, but you would have to prove it and That's what this tournament is all about.

Anyway I would appreciate If you would let me know if you plan on signing up. This thread isn't for debates. It's about signing up if you interested in the tournament.

Agreed, but you said:

"For brawlers its like thing and colosus, their strength level would have to be 75 tons or less. "

Colossus' strength ISN'T seventy five tons or less. Neither is She-hulks.

Did you misspeak, or am I just confused?

Evangel94
Agreed, but you said:

"For brawlers its like thing and colosus, their strength level would have to be 75 tons or less. "

Colossus' strength ISN'T seventy five tons or less. Neither is She-hulks.

Did you misspeak, or am I just confused?

I was giving him a general area for where most Enhanced-Metas are strength wise. Around the "75 ton area". I realize Colossus and She-Hulk may actually be stronger than this.

But Right now isn't time for this. This is a sign up thread and I don't want to turn this into any sort of debate.

Do you plan on participating and signing up?

Soljer
I was giving him a general area for where most Enhanced-Metas are strength wise. Around the "75 ton area". I realize Colossus and She-Hulk may actually be stronger than this.

But Right now isn't time for this. This is a sign up thread and I don't want to turn this into any sort of debate.

Do you plan on participating and signing up?

Sorry for hijacking/spamming your thread.

Unfortunately, I won't be signing up for your debate; I'm currently occupied with Judging batdude's tourney.

masterbruce

For the same reason that the Avengers has guys like Captain America even though it has Thor, who could singehandedly defeat most of their foes. Another example is batman on Justice League.

Evangel94
I might have to reduce the amount of slots if not that many people are interested.

stormfront13
sign me up

Soljer
Originally posted by stormfront13
sign me up

laughing
Just know you'd get owned in Batdude's, hm?

Baldey
Maybe you should have waited.

I will try to join that other guys. It looks cool.

Loot
Sign me in. Altough i think people should vote by posting, any guy can come here and click in the poll without knowing nothing about comics

Baldey
This will really take something from that other debate-tornie thing. Nice work. thumb up

stormfront13
laughing
Just know you'd get owned in Batdude's, hm?

another pathetic retort. still bitter i see. and to answer your question...no, i don't want to have to depend on somebody else for a partner's debate. also, your judging that one so everytime i go into a debate, i'd already have one vote against me automatically

Baldey
I don't know you but I don't think anyonw is as stupid as that. Over reacting I think so.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Baldey
I don't know you but I don't think anyonw is as stupid as that. Over reacting I think so.

if your refering to me, well i wasn't overreacting at all. that's the type of thing soljer does

Baldey
Can I see this for myself please. Proof.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Loot
Sign me in. Altough i think people should vote by posting, any guy can come here and click in the poll without knowing nothing about comics

That's why the voting system has evolved slightly for every tourney since Evangel's last one ... With a basic poll system it's far too easy to manipulate and most of the votes will come from people who haven't even read through the thread.

Soljer
another pathetic retort. still bitter i see. and to answer your question...no, i don't want to have to depend on somebody else for a partner's debate. also, your judging that one so everytime i go into a debate, i'd already have one vote against me automatically

erm.

The only reason I'd vote against you is if you debated as poorly as you oft do.

I don't hold grudges - I just point out idiocy. Something you normally seem to have in spades.

stormfront13
erm.

The only reason I'd vote against you is if you debated as poorly as you oft do.

I don't hold grudges - I just point out idiocy. Something you normally seem to have in spades.

1) knowing you you'd vote against me right off the bat, w/out even reading the thread. for some reason you hold a major grudge against me and ridicule me every chance you get

2) how is saying "sign me up" idiocy? you insulted me after i said that. that's holding a grudge

Soljer
1) knowing you you'd vote against me right off the bat, w/out even reading the thread. for some reason you hold a major grudge against me and ridicule me every chance you get

2) how is saying "sign me up" idiocy? you insulted me after i said that. that's holding a grudge

Saying that you'd get owned in Batdude's tourney is hardly an insult. Rather, just a simple statement of fact.

Also, I've no grudge against you. I don't see where you are getting that from....you've done nothing to me to indicate any sort of REASON for a grudge.

stormfront13
Saying that you'd get owned in Batdude's tourney is hardly an insult. Rather, just a simple statement of fact.

Also, I've no grudge against you. I don't see where you are getting that from....you've done nothing to me to indicate any sort of REASON for a grudge.

1) no, it's an insult. you menat to insult me

2) going into random threads, posting an insult about me that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread and never posting there again, is holding a grudge.

anyway, talking to you leads nowhere, so let's stop this

Soljer
1) no, it's an insult. you menat to insult me

2) going into random threads, posting an insult about me that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread and never posting there again, is holding a grudge.

anyway, talking to you leads nowhere, so let's stop this

I love how you assume you can read my mind. Motive is everything, I didn't mean it as an insult, so therefore, no matter how you may have interpretted it, it wasn't an insult.

I don't know how many threads I've walked into, posted something about you and walked out of....links, please?

Most threads, even the ones where you act like a total moronic douche, I stay in for the duration of the thread. At least I get some laughs out of it, that way.

stormfront13
I love how you assume you can read my mind. Motive is everything, I didn't mean it as an insult, so therefore, no matter how you may have interpretted it, it wasn't an insult.

I don't know how many threads I've walked into, posted something about you and walked out of....links, please?

Most threads, even the ones where you act like a total moronic douche, I stay in for the duration of the thread. At least I get some laughs out of it, that way.

once again...your here with the insults. and it's funny hpow uyou tell me not to assume things, because your pathetic excuse for an insult you were assuming that i didn't sign up for batdudes tourneys because i would get owned.

Baldey
He didn't walk in THIS thread actualy. He was taking up most of the first page lol.

Evangel94
To Soljer, Baldey, & Stormfront13:

This is NOT a discussion thread for you to bicker and argue. This is a sign-up thread for a tournament. So either sign-up for the tournament or stop taking my thread in a direction it was never meant to go.

Kindly,
- Evangel94

Baldey
A question. Why make another one when there is already ones on. Seems kinda stupid on't you think. Not only ell the other tornie lose people but so will you. Should have used your brain and waited.

Evangel94
A question. Why make another one when there is already ones on. Seems kinda stupid on't you think. Not only ell the other tornie lose people but so will you. Should have used your brain and waited.

That's not your call to make. Either sign-up or stop hijacking the thread that was meant for people who were interested in signing up.

King Kandy
Holy crap, I jsut thought of a strategy! Sign me up! sign me up!

Laminator_X
I like it. Count me in.

A point for clarification. You gave the example of "Human torch without his Nova blast." Can characters who'd be acceptable except for one or two abilities be drafted with the stipulation that those abilities not be available?

King Kandy
I have another question.

About herald levels, what happens if you have someone who strength/speed/physical abilities wise is war machine level, But has a special ability that is stronger?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I like it. Count me in.

A point for clarification. You gave the example of "Human torch without his Nova blast." Can characters who'd be acceptable except for one or two abilities be drafted with the stipulation that those abilities not be available?

Mostly Yes, but you would need to say which characters when the draft begins.

Evangel94
I have another question.

About herald levels, what happens if you have someone who strength/speed/physical abilities wise is war machine level, But has a special ability that is stronger?

Which special ability? It usually varies from character by character.

Characters like Reed Richards get drafted by their power level, not by how smart they are in my tournament.

Also if you check back on the first page:

Which basically rewards you for not going with a brute force team, and going with strategy.

Laminator_X
I might second Scoobless's assertion that there are some problems with voting via poll. The simple and easy nature of the poll vote also makes it very simple and easy to manipulate.

It's your call, of course.

Evangel94
I might second Scoobless's assertion that there are some problems with voting via poll. The simple and easy nature of the poll vote also makes it very simple and easy to manipulate.

It's your call, of course.

My tournaments aren't voted by polls. I see the fundamental flaw behind them. Votes are counted by users leaving comments in the battle thread. They usually say who they vote for and leave a reason why.

Typhus
OK, I have a question. I understand team friction, and if a character knows another we're taking that into consideration, but what if a character is 'friends' or the like with an opposing team member. For example, Deadpool has feelings for Siryn and would probably be hesitent about fighting her. Are we taking this into consideration?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Typhus
OK, I have a question. I understand team friction, and if a character knows another we're taking that into consideration, but what if a character is 'friends' or the like with an opposing team member. For example, Deadpool has feelings for Siryn and would probably be hesitent about fighting her. Are we taking this into consideration?

They are fighting for what they hold most dear. Even though they are friends, they will ultimately end up fighting one another. And in the end someone has to lose one way or the other. This is a tournament. Some people win. Some people lose.

Baldey
That's not your call to make. Either sign-up or stop hijacking the thread that was meant for people who were interested in signing up.

Answer my question first.

Evangel94
Answer my question first.

Any questions you may have, feel free to send me a private message, and we can discuss it without interfering with the purpose of this thread.

-Evangel94 smile

Baldey
As you wish but you know my question. Message me the answer.

Martian_mind
Can i be in it Plz

Evangel94
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Can i be in it Plz

This tournament is open to all people who wish to sign up. So yes, you can freely participate.

Typhus
They are fighting for what they hold most dear. Even though they are friends, they will ultimately end up fighting one another. And in the end someone has to lose one way or the other. This is a tournament. Some people win. Some people lose.

Understood - thanks.

Evangel94
I can answer basic questions regarding the tournament in this thread, but I don't want to draw the thread in different direction. Right now the focus should mostly be on those interested in signing-up.

If you requre a more detailed response, send me a pm.

King Kandy
Lets say I put moondragon in, could I agument her powers with the mind gem from her infinity watch days?

That's the kind of "Special Abilities" i'm talking about.

Evangel94
Lets say I put moondragon in, could I agument her powers with the mind gem from her infinity watch days?

That's the kind of "Special Abilities" i'm talking about.

Infinity gems are not allowed. Their potential to for abuse is too high.

Although if you go with the prep-time option, your characters could get more acquainted with one another in Doom/Reed Richards type lab or a Shield Armory.

Perhaps they could formulate a plan and build/use a device located in either lab or armory to enhance their abilities. Perhaps build a device off of one characters knowledge.

King Kandy
Infinity gems are not allowed. Their potential to for abuse is too high.

Damn. There goes My Warlock+Prof. X Soul oaralysis plan...

Tony Stark
Sign me up please...

And when does the draft start? There should maybe be an actual date and time, and an order of draft positions... And how do people get put into those draft positions? (I.E. So and So has the #1 pick So and So has the #2 pick...)

Thanks for the invite Eva... Let's get ready to RUMMMMMMMMBLE.

Happy Dance

Evangel94
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Sign me up please...

And when does the draft start? There should maybe be an actual date and time, and an order of draft positions... And how do people get put into those draft positions? (I.E. So and So has the #1 pick So and So has the #2 pick...)

Thanks for the invite Eva... Let's get ready to RUMMMMMMMMBLE.

Happy Dance

As soon as 10 people join. The tournament drafts will start. Draft dates are subject to when the sign-ups end.

Currently there are 7 people signed up to participate. They are:

Typhus
stormfront13
Loot
King Kandy
Laminator_X
Martian_mind
Tony Stark

3 more to go and the tournament will begin.

Jyppe
Count me up, for now.

StarsNeverFall7
Im not sure how well ill do with this, but sign me up for it.

TricksterPriest
You messaged me and asked, so I figured: " What the hell, it's a tourny." Sign me up. Though, just to clarify, any american comic book that doesn't violate your power rules is ok? What about magic? Where does that fit into the power thing?

Evangel94
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You messaged me and asked, so I figured: " What the hell, it's a tourny." Sign me up. Though, just to clarify, any american comic book that doesn't violate your power rules is ok? What about magic? Where does that fit into the power thing?

Any American comic book is fine. It doesn't have to be from the main publishers DC and Marvel to qualify. I don't want manga or anime characters at all though.

In regards to magic. Dr. Strange & Dr. Fate is upper limit in terms of power in this tournament.

EDIT: It also looks like we have the 10 necessary participants to begin!

They are:

Typhus
stormfront13
Loot
King Kandy
Laminator_X
Martian_mind
Tony Stark
Jyppe
StarsNeverFall7
TricksterPriest

With this in mind, Drafts will start on Decemeber 5th, with the Herald level draft first.

Although we have 10 people, this thread will remain open for an extended period of time for anyone who still wishes to join, but after the 1st draft ends, sign-ups will be close.

So anyone who still wishes to join, you have up until the end of the 1st draft to join up!

And to all Participants,

Welcome the 2nd Slugfest Showdown Tournament!

-Evangel94 smile

breeze85
Interesting, but I don't have time now. Good Luck all. happy

jasofisc
you can sign me up

stormfront13
would someone like masque be allowed considering he can shape a persons body like clay? like he can mold someones appearances and such

Laminator_X
You mention organic matter specifically, but what about characters who are themselves inorganic? Would Sersi also be not be allowed to turn the Vision into a pig, or are characters with inorganic bodies fair game for matter manipulators?

A related question: What about energy manipulators/absorbers and characters with bodies made of energy?

hulk10
Sign me up although I have 1 or 2 questions do we just ask you or do we sign somewhereand is a herald level consist of Odin or Glactus.

Evangel94
would someone like masque be allowed considering he can shape a persons body like clay? like he can mold someones appearances and such

Masque is allowed, but you can't use Masque's powers on your enemies. Only your team mates can be affected by masques shaping ability.

You mention organic matter specifically, but what about characters who are themselves inorganic? Would Sersi also be not be allowed to turn the Vision into a pig, or are characters with inorganic bodies fair game for matter manipulators?

A related question: What about energy manipulators/absorbers and characters with bodies made of energy?

I'm going to also have to rule no here. Turning your foe into a pig regardless if they are organic or inorganic would be an unfair advantage towards everyone else. Sersi can use the rest of her powers except directly manipulating and affecting your opponent's characters' bodies, or any armor or protective clothing they wear.

hulk10
Is Black Bolt a Herald level or 2 powerful.Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance Happy Dance

Scoobless
Black Bolt is a friggin fagwod compared to Herald level characters

dammit!

drunk

batdude123
Originally posted by Scoobless
Black Bolt is a friggin fagwod compared to Herald level characters

dammit!

drunk

laughing out loud

Scoobless
I can drink if I want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

smile

batdude123
I can drink if I want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

smile

Yep.... mommie WOW!!! You're a big kid now!!! eek!

Scoobless
hitler

StarsNeverFall7
Yea, im with the others im still in some confusion about what levels certain characters fall under, hard to set up possible team rosters without knowing a few more details, any help would be great, Thanks!

Evangel94
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Yea, im with the others im still in some confusion about what levels certain characters fall under, hard to set up possible team rosters without knowing a few more details, any help would be great, Thanks!

Send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you have.

Also, Batdude and Scoobless, I'd appreciate it if you kept the thread for sign-ups and tournament related information. Thanks

Martian_mind
Sorry lads im out

Evangel94
To all tournament participants,

The Draft dates have been set:

Dec. 5 - Herald Level Draft
Dec. 6 - Enhanced Meta Draft
Dec. 7 - Meta level Draft
Dec. 8 - Street Level Draft

Dec 9: Review and Finalization of Teams. This day will be used for people to make any final changes to their team.

Just letting you know it's first come first serve in regards to who gets which character!

ScarletSpider
Hey, Evangel, thanks for the invite and I wish I could participate but I can't reliably be on the boards when needed, so I'll have to sit this one out. Hopefully next time I can jump in.

Jyppe
How's Wolverine? Unlimited lifes?
----------------

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do. Do I have to debate for all the classes, or just one? (I'd prefer only one class, and that'd be metahuman)

Evangel94
Originally posted by Jyppe
How's Wolverine? Unlimited lifes?
----------------

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do. Do I have to debate for all the classes, or just one? (I'd prefer only one class, and that'd be metahuman)

Wolverine has one life but has regeneration which makes him hard to kill.

Basically you assemble a team of heroes that ranges from street characters to one herald. And then you debate for the team that you make. You will debate against another person who has also made a team. You will try to convince people to vote for your team.

Jyppe
Ok, then I'm afraid you have to count me out. I hardly ever debate with multiple characters. I like to focus on a single character.

Roldz
Hey id like to sign up? Do we have to have partners or can one person just debate..

B dot Rob
Sign me up

Loot
Originally posted by Roldz
Hey id like to sign up? Do we have to have partners or can one person just debate..

this one is solo

B dot Rob
Are Udon Street Fighter Chars and the like allowed or just strictly comic only no movie/game adaptations?

Loot
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Are Udon Street Fighter Chars and the like allowed or just strictly comic only no movie/game adaptations?

i do believe only comic characters, and no manga anime as well

B dot Rob
No they are western comics.

Roldz
Originally posted by Loot
this one is solo
When's the Draft?

Evangel94
To all tournament participants,

The Draft dates have been set:

Dec 9: Review and Finalization of Teams. This day will be used for people to make any final changes to their team.

Just letting you know it's first come first serve in regards to who gets which character!

King Kandy
How do we decide who goes first?

Evangel94
How do we decide who goes first?

In the draft thread, it's whoever is able post their character choice first before everyone else.

Lets say you pick spiderman for example, and you're the first post. Then you get spiderman, and no one else can pick him.

King Kandy

Evangel94
To remind everyone,

As stated in the rules on the 1st page, you need at least one female character on your team.

-Evangel94

Roldz
Is Northstar considered female? I mean you know, he wants to be one..

hulk10
Do we just post the characters on a thread and do the fights that day or wait untill the 9th.

Soljer
Originally posted by hulk10
Do we just post the characters on a thread and do the fights that day or wait untill the 9th.

Evangel already mentioned this:
"Dec. 5 - Herald Level Draft
Dec 9: Review and Finalization of Teams. This day will be used for people to make any final changes to their team."

You pick your characters on those specific dates, in a first come, first serve fashion.

Evangel94
Originally posted by B dot Rob

If they have made a western comic appearance, then they are allowed. That goes for any character. I want people to be creative, but without using manga or anime characters.

Here's an updated list of participants:

Typhus
stormfront13
Loot
King Kandy
Laminator_X
Tony Stark
StarsNeverFall7
TricksterPriest
jasofisc
hulk10
Roldz
B dot Rob

Let me know if I have missed anybody. Also there's still plenty of time to sign up if you wish. Anyone who still wishes to sign up has until the end of the of the first herald draft.

Herald Level draft starts Tuesday at 4:30 PM US Central Time.

Baldey
KK is in the other one aswell you know. Is that OK ?

Evangel94

It's not a problem and it's OK by me.

King Kandy
Dude, why are you so on my case over this?

"Make up your damn mind"

pulsar
Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Silver Surfer, Thor, Quick Silver, etc. are suppose to be superfast, but don't always use their powers that way. Thor blocks bullets and lasers (faster than Bullets) with hammer, but then gets hit by people without super speed as does Superman, Flash and the rest. Super Woman beat Wonder Woman before (on Superwoman's world) and yet got beat by Black Canary who had no powers. Does Super Woman have her power on her earth, but lose it on earth 1 and 2?

Evangel94
Originally posted by pulsar
Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Silver Surfer, Thor, Quick Silver, etc. are suppose to be superfast, but don't always use their powers that way. Thor blocks bullets and lasers (faster than Bullets) with hammer, but then gets hit by people without super speed as does Superman, Flash and the rest. Super Woman beat Wonder Woman before (on Superwoman's world) and yet got beat by Black Canary who had no powers. Does Super Woman have her power on her earth, but lose it on earth 1 and 2?

Super Woman, and whatever characters you may choose will retain their powers regardless of what battlefield they fight on. Their powers will not diminish any way because of the battlefield in this tournament.

Evangel94
Unless the character has a specific weakness to an element on the battlefield, they won't lose their powers.

Scoobless
So are there any spots left for this? I know the first draft is tomorrow ... so are you taking participents on until then?

Baldey
You are gonna join ??

Laminator_X
So are there any spots left for this? I know the first draft is tomorrow ... so are you taking participents on until then?

I believe 16 is the cap, so there should still be space.

Let me know if I have missed anybody. Also there's still plenty of time to sign up if you wish. Anyone who still wishes to sign up has until the end of the of the first herald draft.

Herald Level draft starts Tuesday at 4:30 PM US Central Time.

Scoobless

Typhus
stormfront13
Loot
King Kandy
Laminator_X
Tony Stark
StarsNeverFall7
TricksterPriest
jasofisc
hulk10
Roldz
B dot Rob

Hmmm........

outavodka
i consider this

B dot Rob
Move the draft time down to noon tomorrow

sad

King Kandy
Wait, man, the drafts at five pacific time?

Roldz
4:30 pm US central time...

King Kandy
no fair!

I can't do drafting at 3:30 pacific time... I'm in school then.

Scoobless
3:30pm Pacific time is 11:30pm at night for me

no expression

King Kandy
Sounds inconvinient...

Blair Wind
3:30pm Pacific time is 11:30pm at night for me

no expression

no expression

Like your not up looking at comics, being drunk, looking at girls, being drunk, or on KMC at those times?

King Kandy
no expression

Like your not up looking at comics, being drunk, looking at girls, being drunk, or on KMC at those times? laughing laughing laughing

it's true. embarrasment

Evangel94

I'm taking participants until the end of the first draft. You are welcome to join if you wish.

Scoobless
no expression

Like your not up looking at comics, being drunk, looking at girls, being drunk, or on KMC at those times?

Never said I wasn't.... stick out tongue

Just thought I'd let people know that starting at any time will be inconvenient for someone on KMC.

Laminator_X
whoops, jumped the gun

Tony Stark
Choice #1 RKT

Choice #2 ION

Laminator_X
I'm drafting Protege, the mesiah from the Guardians of the Galaxy-era Universal church of truth.

Links are scarce, so I realize I'll have to rely heavily on scans.

I did however find a thread on the Image Comics boards where writer Jim Valentino himself posts a synopsis and pictures of the relevant issues.

Protege may have the potential to power-up beyond herald level, but I'm assuming he'd start each fight at base level, and with no characters present above herald, he's effectively capped in this weight-class, and will start each bout below it.

StarsNeverFall7
Choice # 1 Thor
Choice #2 Dr. Strange

Scoobless
You've got an hour to go guys ... and RKT and ION are so far over Herald level it's ridiculous

Roldz
Choice #1 Silver Surfer
Choice #2 GL Kyle/Hal

Scoobless
I'm drafting Protege, the mesiah from the Guardians of the Galaxy-era Universal church of truth.

Links are scarce, so I realize I'll have to rely heavily on scans.

I did however find a thread on the Image Comics boards where writer Jim Valentino himself posts a synopsis and pictures of the relevant issues.

Protege may have the potential to power-up beyond herald level, but I'm assuming he'd start each fight at base level, and with no characters present above herald, he's effectively capped in this weight-class, and will start each bout below it.

You mind quoting what he says about that character ... I can't be bothered reading through the whole page.

smile

Evangel94
EVERYONE POST YOUR CHOICES IN THE DRAFT THREAD OR IT IS INVALID. ALSO YOU CAN ONLY MAKE one choice. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure the character isn't drafted.

Laminator_X
You've got an hour to go guys ... and RKT and ION are so far over Herald level it's ridiculous

Actually, I'm sitting here in Missouri USA, and it's 4:30 here.

As for the latter, yeah, they're over the top.
RHT==Odin and Odin>Herald
GL's ~ Herald level ION> than GL

Also, 1st and 2nd choice is potentially a big mess. What happens now if someone else pics Dr. Strange for their 1st? Let's all just draft one at a time.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Roldz
Choice #1 Silver Surfer
Choice #2 GL Kyle/Hal

You've still got an hour to wait.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Laminator_X

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously, Scoob. It's 4:42 here in Central. The draft thread is open. Go get your pic, if you're in (and I'm hoping you are).

Evangel94
Alright everyone. The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. I want all posts regarding the tournament to stop here. Everything must be relegated to the new herald level draft.

EDIT: From now on all drafts will occur at 4:30 US Central Time unless otherwise stated.

Roldz

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Your 30 min behind man... If your Joining..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.