Wolvenom versus Spider-Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Wolverine is imbued with Venom symbiosis and becomes Wolvernom!

Spiderman takes the Green Goblin formula, dons the Goblin suit and gets all the Goblin equipment and becomes the Spider-Goblin!

If these two hybrids battle, who would win?

jasonk3
Wolvenom wins...but who do you think 'll win between Wolvenom and spider-carnage?

masterbruce
Originally posted by jasonk3
Wolvenom wins...but who do you think 'll win between Wolvenom and spider-carnage?

Wolvenom, since they'll have similar abilities but Wolvenom will have super healing and adamantium skeleton and claws.

fsufan89
spidey wins in both scenarios. his reflexes would be ridiculous and he would still have his spidey sense

masterbruce
Originally posted by fsufan89
spidey wins in both scenarios. his reflexes would be ridiculous and he would still have his spidey sense

spidey sense doesn't work against venom, remember? Also, wolverine would get a high boost in reflexes with venom symbiote.

fsufan89
Originally posted by masterbruce
spidey sense doesn't work against venom, remember? Also, wolverine would get a high boost in reflexes with venom symbiote.

youre right with the venom thing but spidey speed and stregnth would still be well above logans

masterbruce
youre right with the venom thing but spidey speed and stregnth would still be well above logans

Wolverine boosted with Venom would be in the 90 ton (conservative estimate) range as his adamantium skeleton will allow him to support much more force than Eddie Brock ever could.

How strong would spiderman be with goblin serum?

Grinning Goku
90 tons? I seriously doubt that.

srankmissingnin
Any semi competent foe with both invisibility and the ability to circumvent the Spider sense should be able to one shot Spider-man with out to much trouble.

Soljer

Spiderman's strength and speed are inferior to Venom's. no expression.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
Spiderman's strength and speed are inferior to Venom's. no expression.

true, but this is spiderman enhanced with the Goblin formula.

Metalmanx
Wolverine boosted with Venom would be in the 90 ton (conservative estimate) range as his adamantium skeleton will allow him to support much more force than Eddie Brock ever could.

...Err...90 tons? What the f**k?

Wolvenom wins. He'd be enhanced to the point where he would at least be on par with Spider-Man in both strength and speed. But since he also has the claws and a negating factor against Peter's spider-sense, he gets the majority here. I'll give it to Wolvenom 6/10.

Soljer
To be perfectly honest, I don't see how Wolvenom is superior to Venom, period.

As a symbiote, he can already create claws, and the Symbiote can't really effectively be hurt by much besides fire and sonics, so what good is a healing factor? erm.

Metalmanx
Hm...you pose a valid point, Soljer. I'll have to ponder this...

Jyppe
so what good is a healing factor? erm.

The host and the symbiote live in symbiosis. Now, the symbiote uses some of the body's resources (Let's say adrealine, energy, what ever) A normal host would run out of these resources before a healing factored one would. So it takes longer to destroy the symbiote when it has a bigger source of energy or what ever.

Soljer
Originally posted by Jyppe
The host and the symbiote live in symbiosis. Now, the symbiote uses some of the body's resources (Let's say adrealine, energy, what ever) A normal host would run out of these resources before a healing factored one would. So it takes longer to destroy the symbiote when it has a bigger source of energy or what ever.

Maybe, but I'm still not convinced. I've watched Venom get beat on by 100 class bricks, take high caliber machine gun fire like it were nothing, reform from large cuts and slices, all without even flinching.

marvelprince
Wolvenom is also shorter and hairer than the original.

And the claws can now slice practically anything and now he has heightened senses.

Sparkz
To be perfectly honest, I don't see how Wolvenom is superior to Venom, period.

As a symbiote, he can already create claws, and the Symbiote can't really effectively be hurt by much besides fire and sonics, so what good is a healing factor? erm.

Also note venom has a healing factor also, so its venom with increased stats.

masterbruce
basically, if the original Venom could take gunfire like nothing, this Wolvenom can probably easily shrug off rockets and bombs without blinking.

Sparkz
basically, if the original Venom could take gunfire like nothing, this Wolvenom can probably easily shrug off rockets and bombs without blinking.

except for the whole fire aspect...

masterbruce
Originally posted by Sparkz
except for the whole fire aspect...

with wolverine's super healing abilities, the venom symbiote will probably recover from fire attacks almost instantaneously.

Scoobless
Spidey with the Goblin's equipment should be able to beat a symbiote ... so many explosives and lasers and stuff to use.

smile

masterbruce
Originally posted by Scoobless
Spidey with the Goblin's equipment should be able to beat a symbiote ... so many explosives and lasers and stuff to use.

smile

yeah, but this isn't just a symbiote with a regular host. This is a symbiote with adamantium skeleton, super healing, super senses, and extremely well trained fighter (logan >>>>>brock or cassady)

python99
symbiotes are affraid of fire

Scoobless
I actually think that if the host body has an enhanced healing factor that it will adversely affect the symbiote who is attempting to bond with him/her ... like a body rejecting a transplanted organ.... both healing factors would, very likely, be weakened by a merging.

masterbruce
I actually think that if the host body has an enhanced healing factor that it will adversely affect the symbiote who is attempting to bond with him/her ... like a body rejecting a transplanted organ.... both healing factors would, very likely, be weakened by a merging.

i doubt it, spiderman has accelerated healing and it was never an issue of merging with him. The symbiote helps the host, not leeches off it (the very meaning of symbiosis is a mutually beneficial relationship). The symbiote is not harmful to the body in anyway.

Jyppe
Maybe, but I'm still not convinced. I've watched Venom get beat on by 100 class bricks, take high caliber machine gun fire like it were nothing, reform from large cuts and slices, all without even flinching.

Juggernaut nearly beat him to death, as he didn't him let to time to recover Juggernaut's blows damaged the host inside and the symbiote had to use it's power to heal the host. And as we all know, healing factors can be burned out.

If the symbiote is bonded to Wolverine, it doesn't need to concern itself to heal Wolverine's body as Wolverine's body heals itself. It can focus on the durability matter.

masterbruce
Juggernaut nearly beat him to death, as he didn't him let to time to recover Juggernaut's blows damaged the host inside and the symbiote had to use it's power to heal the host. And as we all know, healing factors can be burned out.

If the symbiote is bonded to Wolverine, it doesn't need to concern itself to heal Wolverine's body as Wolverine's body heals itself. It can focus on the durability matter.

good point. the symbiote can devote energy to more offensive capabilities.

Sparkz

If the symbiote is bonded to Wolverine, it doesn't need to concern itself to heal Wolverine's body as Wolverine's body heals itself. It can focus on the durability matter. #

Just because the symbiote wouldn't have to worry about healing Logan dosn't mean he would become more durable.

Its never shown enhancing 1 power while weakening another.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Sparkz
#

Just because the symbiote wouldn't have to worry about healing Logan dosn't mean he would become more durable.

Its never shown enhancing 1 power while weakening another.

well i think this is just common sense. If you save energy from healing, then that energy can be utilized for other things.

for example, if you are sick, you're gonna be weaker because your body spends alot of resources trying to recover and heal.

Sparkz
well i think this is just common sense. If you save energy from healing, then that energy can be utilized for other things.

for example, if you are sick, you're gonna be weaker because your body spends alot of resources trying to recover and heal.

Myabe but if that was the case venom would become weaker after being hurt and then healing, but he dosen't

Scoobless
i doubt it, spiderman has accelerated healing and it was never an issue of merging with him. The symbiote helps the host, not leeches off it (the very meaning of symbiosis is a mutually beneficial relationship). The symbiote is not harmful to the body in anyway.

Spider-Man's healing is no where near Wolverine's ... and the Symbiote was no where near full strength when it was attempting to bond with him.

masterbruce
Spider-Man's healing is no where near Wolverine's ... and the Symbiote was no where near full strength when it was attempting to bond with him.

anyways it wouldnt matter.

Symbiote is beneficial to your body. ie if you take steroids to enhance yourself, your body doesn't try to eliminate the steroids.

Immune system only fights harmful substances, ie viruses and bacteria

jrodslam
Isnt the symbiote bad for the mind though? The mind controls the body is what some people say.

masterbruce
Originally posted by jrodslam
Isnt the symbiote bad for the mind though? The mind controls the body is what some people say.

i guess its bad if you dont want it and try to resist it. But if both you and symbiote are ok with each other (ie venom and carnage) then the bonding is perfectly fine.

grey fox

laughing

Eddie can bench (around 400 lbs i think ? ) So to get 11-15 tons (His strength varies*) so it times Eddies strength 75 times. Wolvie can bench 800 lbs so by going through the same process Wolverine can now lift....

30 tons.

M'kay. Spidey is already class 15-20 , goblin formula caused Norman to become a class 11 . Ergo it's Spidey is now a class 31 (Note , I'm using the highest variation of both strength stats).

laughing laughing laughing

jrodslam
i guess its bad if you dont want it and try to resist it. But if both you and symbiote are ok with each other (ie venom and carnage) then the bonding is perfectly fine.

You have to remember that Kasady was already a psycho and Brock wasnt a happy camper as well. It was their mindsets that were already damaged so the symbiote fed off that.

masterbruce
Originally posted by jrodslam
You have to remember that Kasady was already a psycho and Brock wasnt a happy camper as well. It was their mindsets that were already damaged so the symbiote fed off that.

if you're ok with the symbiote being violent you have no problems. Parker just wasn't ready to kill where as Brock and Cassidy were. As long as Wolverine isn't completely at odds with the symbiote's methods, they'll get along fine.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
laughing

Eddie can bench (around 400 lbs i think ? ) So to get 11-15 tons (His strength varies*) so it times Eddies strength 75 times. Wolvie can bench 800 lbs so by going through the same process Wolverine can now lift....

30 tons.

M'kay. Spidey is already class 15-20 , goblin formula caused Norman to become a class 11 . Ergo it's Spidey is now a class 31 (Note , I'm using the highest variation of both strength stats).

laughing laughing laughing

It doesn't work that way. As far as we've seen, the Venom symbiote is NOT a multiplier, but rather, sets the status quo.

Otherwise, Gargan would be class 100+ now.

Apply a symbiote to Spiderman, and what do you get? Spiderman with unlimited webbing, and superior durability.

Apply it to Joe Blow, and you get a power house.

Also, Venom's strength has been shown to be vastly superior to class 11 already, biographies don't count for shit.

Howard_Jones
Okay, first of all, Clone of Symbiote < Eddie Brock

Wolvenom cut one person in half. Whoopdie-f*cking do. Also, before the bonding, that symbiote would have a LOT of problems with fire and sonics.

Spider-Goblin wins this.

grey fox
It doesn't work that way. As far as we've seen, the Venom symbiote is NOT a multiplier, but rather, sets the status quo.

Otherwise, Gargan would be class 100+ now.

Apply a symbiote to Spiderman, and what do you get? Spiderman with unlimited webbing, and superior durability.

Apply it to Joe Blow, and you get a power house.

Also, Venom's strength has been shown to be vastly superior to class 11 already, biographies don't count for shit.

Then what IS the Venom symbiotes strength ?

Soljer
Then what IS the Venom symbiotes strength ?

I'll agree with you that it varies, but on panel feats indicate that it could be anywhere from class 20ish (just superior to Spiderman) all the way to class 40-50ish.

Howard_Jones
He's a steady class 35 with Brock.

With Gargan he's not nearly as strong or quick as Spidey.

Scoobless

30 tons.

What the f**k?

Why multiply for the Venom symbiote and only add for the Goblin formula?

grey fox
What the f**k?

Why multiply for the Venom symbiote and only add for the Goblin formula?

Because the Goblin formula turned Norman from a normal human to a 11 tonner. Then it stopped. I assumed that it could simply be a strength plus , whereas the symbiote takes Brock and increases his strength , in the same way it amped Spideys.

Jyppe
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
With Gargan he's not nearly as strong or quick as Spidey.

Eh..? How so? Scorpion-Venom took a truck to chest, without being knocked over (AFAICR)

And for the speed departement. Didn't he actually kill Spiderman on the pages of Beyond recently
----------------------
Brock Venom at his prime propably was around 50 tons. Now, imagine how powerful Wolverine would became. How much his low level superhuman strenght would grow.

masterbruce
i like how you did that highlyight thing, pretty cool

Sparkz
The venom symbiote is a multiplyer to a degree, it amps your strength depending on how much anger you have and experience, Brock had alot of anger and gained plenty of experience, Spider-man on the other hand had very little anger so he didnt get a strength boost.

Also it gives a base level of at least class 10 (what it got from spidey) and increases depending on how messed up the host is.

Man imagine the hulk with the Venom symbiote.

grey fox
Eh..? How so? Scorpion-Venom took a truck to chest, without being knocked over (AFAICR)

And for the speed departement. Didn't he actually kill Spiderman on the pages of Beyond recently
----------------------
Brock Venom at his prime propably was around 50 tons. Now, imagine how powerful Wolverine would became. How much his low level superhuman strenght would grow.

He can lift 800lbs , Brock was as good as an Olympic athlete.

While i'm not sure of their drop bar it can't be any higher then my guess.

Metalmanx

I disagree.

I think his durability will remain the same (Venom's). Perhaps a faster healing factor, yes, but the same durability that Venom possesses (as they're two different things).

Sam Z
Um... Eddie Venom tore apart a speeding truck that was going to hit him. Besides he destroyed like dozen sonic-tanks with his fists only. Scorpion Venom was koed with a wall...

Jyppe
Originally posted by Sam Z
Um... Eddie Venom tore apart a speeding truck that was going to hit him. Besides he destroyed like dozen sonic-tanks with his fists only. Scorpion Venom was koed with a wall...

I remember the Sonic tank feat, but I don't remember that speeding truck part. Sounds cool, when did it happen and do you have scans? Also, Brock Venom was weakened a lot by a fall from a rooft And wasn't it like a whole building that was dropped on Scorpion?

Meh, either way. Scorpion venom sucks. First he takes a damn truck to chest without flinching and next thing he gets owned by Spiderman's punches. Besides, I don't like his agenda. Real Venom hardly ever hurt "innocent" people.
---------------
MasterBruce - Type Your message here
Without the spaces.
------
Meh, Wolverine fans have convinced me that Wolverine has a low level superhuman strenght.

Sam Z
I remember the Sonic tank feat, but I don't remember that speeding truck part. Sounds cool, when did it happen and do you have scans? Also, Brock Venom was weakened a lot by a fall from a rooft And wasn't it like a whole building that was dropped on Scorpion?

Meh, either way. Scorpion venom sucks. First he takes a damn truck to chest without flinching and next thing he gets owned by Spiderman's punches. Besides, I don't like his agenda. Real Venom hardly ever hurt "innocent" people.

Here's the scan. (originally posted by Juggdernaut66666)
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vacas04page09we0.jpg
And i don't think it was a whole building, only one wall of the building, besides even Spider-man survived once when a whole building fell on him and kept fighting, so it's still a pretty low showing. And you're right, Scorpion-Venom sucks. I hope it won't last...

xmarksthespot
Symbiote is beneficial to your body. ie if you take steroids to enhance yourself, your body doesn't try to eliminate the steroids. Anabolic androgenic steroids reduce endogenous testosterone production.
Immune system only fights harmful substances, ie viruses and bacteria Auto-immune disorder.

Howard_Jones

----------------------

Beyond isn't Canon though. Everyone's already dead.

Also, Venom's taken worse punishment, and it was Angelo who took the truck to the chest. Even so, that's a durability feat, not a strength feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.