Black and white twins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oncewhite
I apologize in advance if I sound ignorant. Ok, this is for the open minded and the ones who like philosophy. I have observed something that other Asians have noticed (online). I've seen pics of biracial parents giving birth to babies of different races. HOWEVER, I have NEVER seen this happen in Asians. Why?

Someone told me that the race of a child depends on the mother. (old wives tales, but don't dismiss it yet, a lot of wives tales are based on long term observations). The saying is that "if a pregnant woman hates a man, her child will end up looking like him". I've seen this happen in real life, so much so, that a lot of people swore that the real father was the one who she hated, but according to her, she was so angry at him when she was pregnant.

We don't know that much about the "mind", we know more about the brain then the mind and some aren't yet convinced about the "mind" or "soul" or "spirit". Yet, others do given weight to the "mind". If the mind is a real entity (maybe located in the soul or spirit), and if it CAN influence the physical realm, then maybe this explains the old wives tale...a pregnant woman thinks about very obsessively (hating a person) HAS SOME ABILITY manifest itself in her fetus, as thinking is a chemical process and the fetus nothing more then a receiver, I don't know that much about biology, but I think it's still receiving everything from the mother, most chemical processes.

What alarms me the most, is when I see someone with the most recessive genes (blond hair and blue eyes) with a black person, and their child ends up with total recessive genes, I've seen this in real life. However, I have not seen this happen with Asians, and Asians have been mixing with whites a lot for the past 10+ years, so I would expect to see the probability to increase with them rather then with a black person, who holds a gene that can dominate both Asian and white. So, why is it happening with blacks?

I've heard stories on the news about twins who are of different races, but only coming from a black mother and white father. Again, someone told me years ago, that in a bi-racial couple, the race of the child depends on the mother, I always that it would depend on her genes, maybe she was bi-racial herself, but again, think about the Japanese and other Asians who are already bi-racial and mixing with whites, but whites who have recessive genes, yet, the children are not coming out totally recessive. And I would expect to see more cases of them, because there are more of them, then their are with black female and white male (recessive gene). If the old wives tale is correct, then maybe bi-racial children who come out totally white are when the mother is constantly thinking of the father. I don't want to make anyone upset, but I've heard this before. White women have a passive gene, so whoever she mates with, she will pass that race on to her fetus. I don't know if this is the same with Asians women, as I've seen bi-racial black male with Asian female, and the child comes out black looking. I've seen it where a black male is with a white female, and the child looks like they are mixed or sometimes, not even mixed at all, just regular black person.

Now, I remember hearing African-American folklore on slavery and sex. In the south, during slavery, the slave mother would bare children who will be slaves. Well, there were times, when the child would come out "white" with no mixture at all, and then, everyone knew what had happened, and it would cause problems because that child should technically be a slave. Some of them were used to work "inside" the house, others "passed" for white and ran away or others were accepted into the white family (if he wasn't married). But this had to be a problem because there were laws passed to put an end to it (after slavery) because (in my opinion) the children were no longer coming out necessarily white, they would come out more black. Maybe they knew something and that's why they put a limit on black male/white female couple, as their fear was it would just produce more black children.

So, I wonder if our theory of genetics should include the mind? I always felt that our DNA is constantly being written (and this is true), and I felt since I was a kid, reading about biology, that our environment and OUR THOUGHTS and actions effect what will be written in code later in our life in our DNA.

Here are some pictures about the issue of bi-racial babies, in which one child turns out totally recessive in genes, and the mother is black, carrying the more dominate gene.

There probably is a rational reason behind this. Or, (if I think like a conspiracy theorist), folks are having test tube babies, or paying to get "gene" selection in their babies...not sure this is possible yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=377839&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&ct=5&expand=true

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/02/twinsGR210206_450x300.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=412385&in_page_id=1770

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/10/bwtwins241006_228x346.jpg

JacopeX
OLD NEWS!

But interesting yes

I always wonder how the traits combine like that succesfully.

Smiter
Cute. Its Ebony and Ivory.

However I didnt bother reading above, I just looked at the Cute Pictures of Babies big grin

Oncewhite
"Miss Knight said they had speculated during her pregnancy about what would happen if each twin entirely took after one parent."

Maybe she was projecting that thought a lot more then she is saying. I know this is old news, but I can't help but wonder, why hasn't this been happening in the news with Asian women and white men (esp. if the Asian women are bi-racial just like the black women) and WHAT ABOUT THE MIND, the old wives tale about how the mother has control over how the child will look (if she "hates" the guy, or thinks hard bout a man, the child will take after that man).

The issue isn't only the race with respect to Asians who have a more recessive gene then blacks, the other issue is the mind, and how this MAY have some effect on DNA options of the child, if the mother already has the option in her blood, maybe her mind makes the selection.

This is the "news", it's not just the pretty pics, I wanta know what you all think about the mind, and how the fetus is effect from the mother (black so far) of bi-racial parents.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Oncewhite
What alarms me the most, is when I see someone with the most recessive genes (blond hair and blue eyes) with a black person, and their child ends up with total recessive genes, I've seen this in real life. However, I have not seen this happen with Asians, and Asians have been mixing with whites a lot for the past 10+ years, so I would expect to see the probability to increase with them rather then with a black person, who holds a gene that can dominate both Asian and white. So, why is it happening with blacks?

I've heard stories on the news about twins who are of different races, but only coming from a black mother and white father. Again, someone told me years ago, that in a bi-racial couple, the race of the child depends on the mother, I always that it would depend on her genes, maybe she was bi-racial herself, but again, think about the Japanese and other Asians who are already bi-racial and mixing with whites, but whites who have recessive genes, yet, the children are not coming out totally recessive. And I would expect to see more cases of them, because there are more of them, then their are with black female and white male (recessive gene). If the old wives tale is correct, then maybe bi-racial children who come out totally white are when the mother is constantly thinking of the father. I don't want to make anyone upset, but I've heard this before. White women have a passive gene, so whoever she mates with, she will pass that race on to her fetus. I don't know if this is the same with Asians women, as I've seen bi-racial black male with Asian female, and the child comes out black looking. I've seen it where a black male is with a white female, and the child looks like they are mixed or sometimes, not even mixed at all, just regular black person.

Whites and Asians have been mixing far longer than just 10 years. As a matter of fact,White men and Asian women are the most common inter-racial couples in the US. Which isn't very surprising; I see it almost every damn day.

And to be honest, every single half-Asian I've ever known looks way more Asian than whatever thier other parent is.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Whites and Asians have been mixing far longer than just 10 years. As a matter of fact,White men and Asian women are the most common inter-racial couples in the US. Which isn't very surprising; I see it almost every damn day.

And to be honest, every single half-Asian I've ever known looks way more Asian than whatever thier other parent is.

Well, I know it's been more then 10 years, this was a very conservative estimate.

Why is this happening with blacks, even if the black person is from biracial parents? Why would this happen with blacks who have a more dominate gene then Asian? Maybe they should rethink genetics?? Maybe Asians have the more dominate gene. As even South Africans have slanted eyes more then any other ethnic group of Africans, and I think that is a dominate gene.

And what do you all think about the old wives tale? How does the mind effect the fetus or DNA?

Quiero Mota
Maybe they should rethink genetics?? Maybe Asians have the more dominate gene.

I honestly wouldn't doubt that.

Kinneary
The white baby is cuter.

GrillingNemo
cute babies... interesting thought too. not sure what the factor is behind it though.

Oncewhite
And the one from the second picture, the "black" baby doesn't even look black, but more like a dark skinned Asian and his brother doesn't even have slanted eyes, which IS DOMINATE GENE, THAT IS ODD, slanted eyes trump, but I was taught that so does dark skin...not only that, think of East Indians, I don't see this story with them neither...something is odd...I know that in NPR, they had a special about a Japanese study on the human ear. This is going to be gross, so bare with me. The study stated that Japanese ear wax is the most unique, and that white and black ear wax is more similar then any other racial combination of ear wax. Apparently ear wax (crunchy or sticky) has some inherent value of prestige in character.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5281349,00.jpg

usagi_yojimbo
I apologize for being ignorant.

Corrected and accepted.

Ok, this is for the open minded and the ones who like philosophy. I have observed something that other Asians have noticed (online). I've seen pics of biracial parents giving birth to babies of different races. HOWEVER, I have NEVER seen this happen in Asians. Why?

Someone told me that the race of a child depends on the mother. (old wives tales, but don't dismiss it yet, a lot of wives tales are based on long term observations). The saying is that "if a pregnant woman hates a man, her child will end up looking like him". I've seen this happen in real life, so much so, that a lot of people swore that the real father was the one who she hated, but according to her, she was so angry at him when she was pregnant.

We don't know that much about the "mind", we know more about the brain then the mind and some aren't yet convinced about the "mind" or "soul" or "spirit". Yet, others do given weight to the "mind". If the mind is a real entity (maybe located in the soul or spirit), and if it CAN influence the physical realm, then maybe this explains the old wives tale...a pregnant woman thinks about very obsessively (hating a person) HAS SOME ABILITY manifest itself in her fetus, as thinking is a chemical process and the fetus nothing more then a receiver, I don't know that much about biology, but I think it's still receiving everything from the mother, most chemical processes.

Now, I remember hearing African-American folklore on slavery and sex. In the south, during slavery, the slave mother would bare children who will be slaves. Well, there were times, when the child would come out "white" with no mixture at all, and then, everyone knew what had happened, and it would cause problems because that child should technically be a slave. Some of them were used to work "inside" the house, others "passed" for white and ran away or others were accepted into the white family (if he wasn't married). But this had to be a problem because there were laws passed to put an end to it (after slavery) because (in my opinion) the children were no longer coming out necessarily white, they would come out more black. Maybe they knew something and that's why they put a limit on black male/white female couple, as their fear was it would just produce more black children.

So, I wonder if our theory of genetics should include the mind? I always felt that our DNA is constantly being written (and this is true), and I felt since I was a kid, reading about biology, that our environment and OUR THOUGHTS and actions effect what will be written in code later in our life in our DNA.

Here are some pictures about the issue of bi-racial babies, in which one child turns out totally recessive in genes, and the mother is black, carrying the more dominate gene.

There probably is a rational reason behind this. Or, (if I think like a conspiracy theorist), folks are having test tube babies, or paying to get "gene" selection in their babies...not sure this is possible yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=377839&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&ct=5&expand=true

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/02/twinsGR210206_450x300.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=412385&in_page_id=1770

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/10/bwtwins241006_228x346.jpg

Hmm..well this is not real new stuff here. The white races of today - have been surmised(or assumed) to have been spawned from Africans (negro Africans) who migrated and partook in an *exodus* out of Africa years ago. Interesting post none the less. And I must compliment you on your debate style(the style that you use to argue)...He..He..He..

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I honestly wouldn't doubt that.

Why? We should always be open to rethinking the scientific "theories" of the past. Science would be the likeness of the religion they are shunning, if they are closed minded to rethinking their theories. How IRONIC!!!

Oncewhite
Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo
Corrected and accepted.

Hmm..well this is not real new stuff here. The white races of today - have been surmised(or assumed) to have been spawned from Africans (negro Africans) who migrated and partook in an *exodus* out of Africa years ago. Interesting post none the less. And I must compliment you on your debate style(the style that you use to argue)...He..He..He..

Why thank you. The white race of today may have come from Africa, but, they may not have been black... big grin

There is a myth in Christianity, in which Adam is white and Eve is black, and she became black when she ate of the knowledge of good and evil, taking the hint from the snake/dragon/serpent, and from the both of them, they were able to populate the world with all the races. This is why some mixed races from black women and white men look Arab, Asian, White and Black.

But, there are so many "theories" and so many "myths", some are more humorous then others.

Oncewhite
And where does the term "Caucasian" come from anyway? The black sea of Russia, off the caucasus mountains in Russia, right? And linguistically, the language of Europeans are related to Indo-Asia.

Not sure where things started to divide.

I know that the kingdom of Cush or Kush (some argue this was a black kingdom, others argue it was a white kingdom), either way, it controlled Iraq (Babylon/Sumer), North Africa (Egypt/Miziram, Ethiopia, Sudan?) and India...remember, Alexander the Great took over Egypt and when down into India and also Babylon.

So, in language, whites are related to Asians, but in ear wax, they are related to blacks??

Geewiz, trying to put these jigsaw pieces together.

Oncewhite
I forgot to add, it could be the reverse. Adam was a black man, and Eve was a white woman, and ate the fruit of good and evil...and they both populated the earth with all the races, either way, I do believe all the other races came from a black/white mixture.

Barker
Let's not Quadruple post. no expression

That's all I'm going to say. I have absolutely nothing to say on the topic of the thread.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Barker
Let's not Quadruple post. no expression

That's all I'm going to say. I have absolutely nothing to say on the topic of the thread.

Then delete this thread. I thought this would be a fun discussion on how the mind can effect the physical world, tying it into the rare twin issue. I think someone said that they *knew what I was getting at*, I seriously doubt it. I said so many times I wanted to talk about why the mind can effect DNA, esp. while a woman is pregnant. But again, if this topic sickens people,then just delete it. Who cares!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.