When did the words "Episode IV" first appear in the "Star Wars: A New Hope" craw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I always wanted to know this.. Anyone?

queeq
Shortly after its initial release. When it wasa huge success, a sequel was possible, so Lucas added the EpIV. I don't think Europe ever saw a release without the EPIV A New Hope addition... so it was still in 1977.

sithsaber408
Technically, it was in 79, in the theatrical re-release before Empire.

stick out tongue

queeq
Was it?
I thought it only appeared very shortly like that. There were a number of different releases after the initial release, different soundtrakcs and stuff... I thought the one with this title was one of them.

coolmovies
does the same go for ESB ?

queeq
Nope. That was always EPV.. obvious right, with such an open ending.

coolmovies
I still wish he had left it at 3 and not made all 6 movies

sithsaber408
Originally posted by coolmovies

Go soak yourself.

stick out tongue

Barker
Originally posted by coolmovies
no

You can ignore them just as easily as I can Re-watch'em.

coolmovies
I still see it as a trilogy not a saga

vintageSW77
yeah now the hype has died down its easy to forget the PT movies exist................my only fault is coming on here
id be cleansed by now
i caught a bit of SITH the other night and i liked the last 20 mins starting from Anakin going up in flames everything prior to that was worse than i remembered

General G
Am I the only person who actually didn't mind the Prequels, of course they had their flaws, but it wasn't TERRIBLE. I just hear everyone talk so bad about them. Yeah, the Originals were betetr, they always are, but it's not like the Prequels were the worst movies ever! All I'm saying is that they aren't as bad as people keep saying they are.

There's my opinion of the day.

coolmovies
I am just saying after 6 movies it still feels like a trilogy becouse the Real fun begins at EP IV !

The PT is very good too smile

queeq
Sure.

coolmovies
yep

queeq
Hmmm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.