"and it breaks my hea-a-a-a-a-art."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
So i was once again browsing through that 2_lines community at lj. There was this post there that made me realize that i think i may fear falling in love.

confused

sad

SelphieT
yeah.

silver_tears
What were they?

Vinny Valentine
I can give you one name to sum all this up : Mr.Bacon.

We all already know.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by silver_tears
What were they?

She basically said that she wants to experience love but is scared to.

silver_tears
But if you're scared, you'll never truly experience it imo.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

We all already know.

What the f**k?
just...What the f**k?

Mr. Bacon doesn't even know what communites at lj are nor does he have anything to do with this.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vinny Valentine

Express it.....

I love you Irene lookaround

silver_tears
Express it.....

I love you Irene lookaround

Your profile told me touched

Punkyhermy

haha. yeah..thats exactly the response she got. stick out tongue

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
So i was once again browsing through that 2_lines community at lj. There was this post there that made me realize that i think i may fear falling in love.

confused

sad

Is it because you feel he loves you more than you do him?

silver_tears
smart

I dunno love's not something you can plan, and if it does happen and you keep questioning its validity, eventually it'll die out.
You can't go in and be like "Am I really in love, but what happens next, what should I do, how can I be sure?"
You just be, you're half of 2 and if you second guess and hesitate you miss out imo.
Just happens shrug

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Is it because you feel he loves you more than you do him?

No. There is no "he" of any sort involved in any of this. What I'm saying is that jsut the idea of "falling" in love scares me. This is a thought independant of any particular male specimen at the moment and has been for oh a long while. And I don't see this changing anytime soon either. I'm merely trying to analyze my state of mind as initiated by that post.

Lana

This is very true. It can be scary, and hurt a lot if it doesn't work out...but it's a leap of faith you have to make and it is worth it.

K73SK
love starts different for everyone, feels different for everyone, and if it ends, it's never the EXACT same thing for everyone.

so yours can be good...great...bad...only way to know is find out, and not listen to everyone elses experiences, because that can just leave doubts to yourself...

Punkyhermy
smart

I dunno love's not something you can plan, and if it does happen and you keep questioning its validity, eventually it'll die out.
You can't go in and be like "Am I really in love, but what happens next, what should I do, how can I be sure?"
You just be, you're half of 2 and if you second guess and hesitate you miss out imo.
Just happens shrug

Just happens, eh?

well...i'll have to see it when it does then...

LethalFemme
No. There is no "he" of any sort involved in any of this. What I'm saying is that jsut the idea of "falling" in love scares me. This is a thought independant of any particular male specimen at the moment and has been for oh a long while. And I don't see this changing anytime soon either. I'm merely trying to analyze my state of mind as initiated by that post.

I think its because you're a person of facts and love is spontaneous and has none really.yes

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Lana
This is very true. It can be scary, and hurt a lot if it doesn't work out...but it's a leap of faith you have to make and it is worth it.

mhhm..i can imagine and have seen people suffer. erm I guess I'm scared of getting hurt. I have been before. By nothing romantic mind you but by those who i thought were my "friends". Long story short, it left me pretty emotionally scarred. I went to great lengths trying to deal with that and have finally overcome it. So anything that asks for emotional attatchment i shy out of. Its been a crazy few years yes.
no expression

Lana
Just happens, eh?

Pretty much. It's not something you can control, it just happens...and you can either go with it, or hide it.

And you know, going with it and seeing what happens is risky and might hurt if it doesn't work...but it's much better than hiding it and always wondering "what it".

mhhm..i can imagine and have seen people suffer. erm I guess I'm scared of getting hurt. I have been before. By nothing romantic mind you but by those who i thought were my "friends". Long story short, it left me pretty emotionally scarred. I went to great lengths trying to deal with that and have finally overcome it. So anything that asks for emotional attatchment i shy out of. Its been a crazy few years yes.
no expression

I actually understand that quite a bit. I'm a very overemotional person, and due to having been betrayed by far too many people who were close to me, I have a very hard time trusting anyone...not to mention that I have non-existant self-esteem. I just tend to keep everything to myself to protect myself, I suppose. Only once in my life have I ever managed to tell someone I liked them...but oh am I glad I did.

LethalFemme
no expression

I know exactly how you feel. You see and hear things and it can put you off but, you can't let fear control you. You hear about people getting killed, kidnapped, etc just walking down the street but, you're not gonna stay in the rest of your life. You have to get out there and just take chances.

silver_tears
Just happens, eh?

If it's the real deal you just can't help it blush2
That being said of course two people can grow to be in love, but I'm a firm believer of the head over heels deal.

no expression

Me too, something exactly the same happened to me just last year, before school ended.
My "friends" are now suffering for it in various ways, each getting hurt or something in some way, and I can't honestly say I don't get a sick pleasure from it. Karma's a *****.
Whereas I moved on because of what happened, now they're all still clinging to the past and apologizing etc, it's amusing.
I shy out of it as well, but I have issues becoming attached in the first place, now it's always that whoever I'm with always seems to "love" me more, and well they get tired of not getting it back embarrasment
The important thing is to find someone who's willing to wait for you.

Vinny Valentine

We all already know.

I Take back Posting that.

no expression

I've never "taken back" a post before, but that one I do.

I should have actually read the first post.

Punkyhermy
Pretty much. It's not something you can control, it just happens...and you can either go with it, or hide it.

And you know, going with it and seeing what happens is risky and might hurt if it doesn't work...but it's much better than hiding it and always wondering "what it".

I actually understand that quite a bit. I'm a very overemotional person, and due to having been betrayed by far too many people who were close to me, I have a very hard time trusting anyone...not to mention that I have non-existant self-esteem. I just tend to keep everything to myself to protect myself, I suppose. Only once in my life have I ever managed to tell someone I liked them...but oh am I glad I did.

Yep. That makes sense. I guess one thing I've realized over the years is that I like to be in control. So much of how life has treated me has left me feel powerless in its wake that its the little things i resort to keeping under my wraps. This is one of them. As you say "falling" in love is in essence losing control of self to someone else. A thought that makes me nervous and scared in and of itself. Add my bad experience with people in the past and lo and behold my current dilemma if you will. lol.

Yeah. I can so see that. I was scarred pretty bad.So much so that I pretty much spent the last 3 years in self induced isolation. I needed to get away from it all and take time to come into my own and just think over what had just happened. It reached a point where i craved people. haha. I have since come out of the isolation and am happily mingling with people again, but catiously. So far so good. happy

People are interesting things. Beautiful and strange even. If they can make your life, they sure as hell can break it too. So being people wary is the only way to go as far as i go.
*shrugs*

Punkyhermy
I know exactly how you feel. You see and hear things and it can put you off but, you can't let fear control you. You hear about people getting killed, kidnapped, etc just walking down the street but, you're not gonna stay in the rest of your life. You have to get out there and just take chances.

mhhm....very true...smile

LethalFemme
mhhm....very true...smile

Just give it time. No one said you have to fall in love right away. Just test the waters and have fun.smile

Punkyhermy
I Take back Posting that.

no expression

I've never "taken back" a post before, but that one I do.

I should have actually read the first post.

Noticing your own idiocy is a good sign vin hon. wink

Lana
Yep. That makes sense. I guess one thing I've realized over the years is that I like to be in control. So much of how life has treated me has left me feel powerless in its wake that its the little things i resort to keeping under my wraps. This is one of them. As you say "falling" in love is in essence losing control of self to someone else. A thought that makes me nervous and scared in and of itself. Add my bad experience with people in the past and lo and behold my current dilemma if you will. lol.

Yeah. I can so see that. I was scarred pretty bad.So much so that I pretty much spent the last 3 years in self induced isolation. I needed to get away from it all and take time to come into my own and just think over what had just happened. It reached a point where i craved people. haha. I have since come out of the isolation and am happily mingling with people again, but catiously. So far so good. happy

People are interesting things. Beautiful and strange even. If they can make your life, they sure as hell can break it too. So being people wary is the only way to go as far as i go.
*shrugs*

The main thing about falling in love, I think, is opening up and trusting in someone else completely. This is something I have an incredibly hard time doing. I've been in love with someone for two years and do trust them implicitly, but even though it's completely stupid, I still worry about stupid things like him thinking less of me because I was afraid to do something that's not really a big deal.

It's hard.

But at the same time, having someone you can trust in totally and completely, who accepts you despite your flaws, the stupid things you do, and doesn't think less of you for them...it's an amazing thing. It's hard, it takes a lot of work, and it hurts, but it is worth it all beyond a doubt. It is the best feeling in the world. And it is quite frankly something I would do anything for.

Punkyhermy
If it's the real deal you just can't help it blush2
That being said of course two people can grow to be in love, but I'm a firm believer of the head over heels deal.

Me too, something exactly the same happened to me just last year, before school ended.
My "friends" are now suffering for it in various ways, each getting hurt or something in some way, and I can't honestly say I don't get a sick pleasure from it. Karma's a *****.
Whereas I moved on because of what happened, now they're all still clinging to the past and apologizing etc, it's amusing.
I shy out of it as well, but I have issues becoming attached in the first place, now it's always that whoever I'm with always seems to "love" me more, and well they get tired of not getting it back embarrasment
The important thing is to find someone who's willing to wait for you.

hmm..wow thats interesting. I actually kept thinking I was one of the few who'd experienced such a situation. My "friends" aren;t exactly having the times of their life either actually. erm

And yep. I fear getting close to people...I'm working on it...and am hoping making better choices in making friends nowadays...smile

Vinny Valentine
Noticing your own idiocy is a good sign vin hon. wink

I didn't go as far to say I'm an Idiot ermm

Thorinn

We all already know. Thats my assumption too.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Thorinn
Thats my assumption too.

Well when I skimmed the first post, it was like "Love, Admit"
And I thought Mr. Bacon.

LethalFemme
The main thing about falling in love, I think, is opening up and trusting in someone else completely. This is something I have an incredibly hard time doing. I've been in love with someone for two years and do trust them implicitly, but even though it's completely stupid, I still worry about stupid things like him thinking less of me because I was afraid to do something that's not really a big deal.

It's hard.

But at the same time, having someone you can trust in totally and completely, who accepts you despite your flaws, the stupid things you do, and doesn't think less of you for them...it's an amazing thing. It's hard, it takes a lot of work, and it hurts, but it is worth it all beyond a doubt. It is the best feeling in the world. And it is quite frankly something I would do anything for.

I've tried putting guys at a distance to protect myself and its never worked. I'm not afraid necessarily of being hurt. Its more like I've been there, done that and just don't want to do it again.erm

silver_tears

So true, it's hard to actually be willing to be you because you're afraid they liked the you they saw first and will run the other direction once they see the real you. bag

hmm..wow thats interesting. I actually kept thinking I was one of the few who'd experienced such a situation. My "friends" aren;t exactly having the times of their life either actually. erm

And yep. I fear getting close to people...I'm working on it...and am hoping making better choices in making friends nowadays...smile

It's so interesting actually, anyone who's ever gone through something of the type seems to realize that there's some type of justice in the world.
Like out of the blue these people are now calling me up and suggesting we hang out etc, because those same people they abandoned me for have in turn abandoned them. It just makes me think you know.
And of course I put them in their place, once hurt I don't forgive, which may be a horrible way to be but at least this takes care of me first.

Thorinn
Well when I skimmed the first post, it was like "Love, Admit"
And I thought Mr. Bacon. When your right your right. ermm

But if she doesn't love the bacon, what does she love? hm

Lana
So true, it's hard to actually be willing to be you because you're afraid they liked the you they saw first and will run the other direction once they see the real you. bag

That was pretty much my main worry...that, and I just have very low self-esteem, so I always wonder just exactly how someone could like or love me? But I got very very lucky...it was a risk that terrified the hell out of me, but I am so unbelievably glad that I made that leap and said something about it.

Mr. Bacon
i have recently also had a similar situation. My friend/ ex girlfriend after we broke up just dissappeared with her new boyfriend. she became a different person to the point where we felt like we didnt even know her and we basically stopped talking to her. Lately shes been on all of us to get back with the old group and were reluctant to let her back in. shes changed so much.

as for love, everyone fears rejection and hurt, its nothing new. but if you shy away from love for this reason youre not going to get anywhere. love happens, you cant expect it or predict it.

Thorinn
I loved a girl once, and after her, I have never loved again.

Kind of suck's, that one person can ruin you like that.

LethalFemme

You mean without makeup?eek!

No but, really I understand. Though we may try or seem like it we're not perfect.

Punkyhermy

It's hard.

You know that is interesting. I in a way find it hard i guess to see that someone could potentially love me as much. erm its an odd thought. The only people from whom I've experienced total and complete unconditional love is my parents. I love it. I love them. I love the feeling. I fear and find it hard to believe that there could be someone out there who could potentially love me that way. And I'm an idealist I suppose, I want that. And that only. Not the sillyness that is "love" these days anyway.

Punkyhermy
You mean without makeup?eek!

No but, really I understand. Though we may try or seem like it we're not perfect.

I know. Most guys have this superficial image of us which we only help them continue to see. erm

Thorinn
I know. Most guys have this superficial image of us which we only help them continue to see. erm Very true.

Guy's are shallow. bag

But I have seen a picture of you, it would be hard to not think of you as pretty.

Punkyhermy
Very true.

Guy's are shallow. bag

But I have seen a picture of you, it would be hard to not think of you as pretty.

embarrasment

Mr. Bacon
Very true.

Guy's are shallow. bag

agreed in all aspects

LethalFemme
I know. Most guys have this superficial image of us which we only help them continue to see. erm

To be honest about for me at least about 30% of the time I get dressed up and get my hair and nails done is for guys.yes

embarrasment

oohpokey

silver_tears
To be honest about for me at least about 30% of the time I get dressed up and get my hair and nails done is for guys.yes

Only 30? shock

You know that is interesting. I in a way find it hard i guess to see that someone could potentially love me as much. erm its an odd thought. The only people from whom I've experienced total and complete unconditional love is my parents. I love it. I love them. I love the feeling. I fear and find it hard to believe that there could be someone out there who could potentially love me that way. And I'm an idealist I suppose, I want that. And that only. Not the sillyness that is "love" these days anyway.

Exactly, everyone wants unconditional love.
Personally I don't think it exists embarrasment

LethalFemme
Only 30? shock

What 70% is for me/eyes

okay more like 50/50.bag

silver_tears
That's better doped

Thorinn
I doll myself up 100% for the Ladies. naughty

silver_tears
I doll myself up 100% for the Ladies. naughty

This is you "dolled"? shock
Poor thing.

Thorinn
It's the size that matters8========================)

cool

silver_tears
Nah baby, it's the motion of the ocean 13

Punkyhermy
Only 30? shock

it does. i've seen it.
happy

i just hope i find it romantically.
confused

Lana

I don't really think I'm pretty, so that's another thing with me. I don't think I'm that pretty, so how can someone else?

It's really kind of sucky erm

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by SelphieT
yeah. love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.