Gambit vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cowboy
need some opnions on this fight.
no prep
if its been done before can sum 1 give me a link.
thnxs

xmarksthespot
Use the advanced search function, search titles only.

cowboy
yea thnxs i found it

lilnutta12
is it apoc enhanced gambit or just gaambit , original gets battered badly

cowboy
just Gambit

Green Arrow
Gambit, if he touches Cap's shield before he gets to throw it it becomes one huge bomb.

If Cap throws it at Gambit, Gambit could very well dodge, and then it'll be a brawl in which Cap will whipe the floor with Gambit then when the shield comes back it'll thunk Gambit's head causing a KO.

That gives Cap the largest quantity of success rate. Therfore i'm going to say Captain America wins.

cowboy
I think Cap's sheild absourbs energy.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Green Arrow
Gambit, if he touches Cap's shield before he gets to throw it it becomes one huge bomb.

If Cap throws it at Gambit, Gambit could very well dodge, and then it'll be a brawl in which Cap will whipe the floor with Gambit then when the shield comes back it'll thunk Gambit's head causing a KO.

That gives Cap the largest quantity of success rate. Therfore i'm going to say Captain America wins.

Agreed, except what chance does Gambit have of touching Cap's sheild? Cap isn't gonna stand there and let him... If Gambit gets close enough to touch the sheild, he's getting laid the out!

Space M ummy
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Agreed, except what chance does Gambit have of touching Cap's sheild? Cap isn't gonna stand there and let him... If Gambit gets close enough to touch the sheild, he's getting laid the out!

I'd give this to gambit. Gambit's agility is superhuman, sufficient enough to not only dodge bullets, but reflect them back with JUST the staff, WITH accuracy. (Xmen #3)

If it came down to a who can touch who situation, I'd give it to gambit. In addition, gambit has explosive projectile attacks in addition to being able to lay down objects as timed explosions.

I've seen mention of being able to charge cap's shield (which wouldnt happen), but what about cap's clothing/outfit? That doesn't absorb energy to ANY degree, and there's a lot of surface area for gambit to get his hands on.

Exploding costume= dead cap.

StyleTime
It's been done. xmarksthespot didn't say what he said in jest. Especially considering that wouldn't be humorous in the least.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400749& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Captain+America
%29+forumid%3A77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350036& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Captain+America
%29+forumid%3A77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366141& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Captain+America
%29+forumid%3A77

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I'd give this to gambit. Gambit's agility is superhuman, sufficient enough to not only dodge bullets, but reflect them back with JUST the staff, WITH accuracy. (Xmen #3)

If it came down to a who can touch who situation, I'd give it to gambit. In addition, gambit has explosive projectile attacks in addition to being able to lay down objects as timed explosions.

I've seen mention of being able to charge cap's shield (which wouldnt happen), but what about cap's clothing/outfit? That doesn't absorb energy to ANY degree, and there's a lot of surface area for gambit to get his hands on.

Exploding costume= dead cap.

No, you are totally underrating Captain America. For one thing, Cap isnt letting anybody grab and grope him!! He knows Gambit, you know! And either way, the object of combat is to take down the other guy first, so... Plus if Remy comes too close, Cap is taking him down. It's friggin Cap, dude! There's not much surface area for Remy if Cap can just move... Then punch him in the mouth. Cap takes it 7/10 smile

Priest
Capt wins this,
Gambits only chance is to get a hold of capts shield, charge it, blow it up..
but thats not gonna happen when Capt sends him a sheild throw to the dome.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by StyleTime
It's been done. xmarksthespot didn't say what he said in jest. Especially considering that wouldn't be humorous in the least.Indeed.

And jobber aura aside, Gambit would win. Although environment would play a factor.

ThePittman

guy222
Originally posted by cowboy
need some opnions on this fight.
no prep
if its been done before can sum 1 give me a link.
thnxs

cap ftw

Alfheim
Im not sure Gambit is fast but hes not an MA expert thats like being like Spiderman, and we knbw what Cap did to Iron Spidey.

I have also seen werewolf by night dodge gambits cards with ease. Cap has been able to fend off werewolf quite easily.

My problem is that Gambit can charge the floor. Gambit is to verstaile but if he only just beat Wolverine Cap could probably get the slim majority.

King KAM
Gambit loses, badly.

I dont wanna hear no jobber aura crap either. Cap has a jobber aura thats always on, so i guess its just a part of his character.deal with it.

Enviorment does matter. but either way it goes. Cap has to just close distance. Cap dodges every projectile thrown at him, including grenades, so closing the distance on gambit will not be hard. And once hes close its over. at he will get close.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by StyleTime
It's been done. xmarksthespot didn't say what he said in jest. Especially considering that wouldn't be humorous in the least.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400749& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Captain+America
%29+forumid%3A77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350036& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Captain+America
%29+forumid%3A77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366141& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Gambit+vs+Captain+America
%29+forumid%3A77 There are 7 of them now.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by King KAM
Gambit loses, badly.

I dont wanna hear no jobber aura crap either. Cap has a jobber aura thats always on, so i guess its just a part of his character.deal with it.

Enviorment does matter. but either way it goes. Cap has to just close distance. Cap dodges every projectile thrown at him, including grenades, so closing the distance on gambit will not be hard. And once hes close its over. at he will get close.

Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is one match that Cap definitely cannot win. Gambit has too many ways to win, he's far too versatile here.

King KAM
Originally posted by Metalmanx

This is one match that Cap definitely cannot win. Gambit has too many ways to win, he's far too versatile here. name em.

Alfheim

This is one match that Cap definitely cannot win. Gambit has too many ways to win, he's far too versatile here.

Well apparently Wolverine has almost beaten Gambit before and as I was saying Jack Russel( Werewolf by night) was dodging Gambit's projectiles with ease. Gambit was even shocked because he thought he would have torn him apart.

Soljer

I'd agree on the versatility advantage. All gambit need do is charge the ground that Cap stands on when he tries to close the distance.

But that advantage, in my opinion, wouldn't net Gambit the win.

Cap's survived MULTIPLE explosions before, and even temporarily being inside a reactor core.

As far as the 'charge the floor' trick, I could honestly, realistically see Cap noticing the floor charge, jumping atop his shield, and using the blast as propulsion to close the gap in a snap.

And then would annihilate Gambit up-close.

Versatility goes a long way, but I don't think it's enough to net Gambit the win. Definitely enough to net him 4/10 though.

xmarksthespot
Close-up.. although h2h obviously favours Cap, Gambit could arguably light Cap up like a Christmas tree... tis the season and all.

When Digi gets on, should ask him if he can merge all the bloody Gambit/Cap threads.

Alfheim
I think im making it 6/10 to Gambit or 5/10 to both.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Close-up.. although h2h obviously favours Cap, Gambit could arguably light Cap up like a Christmas tree... tis the season and all.

When Digi gets on, should ask him if he can merge all the bloody Gambit/Cap threads.

Arguably. But if Cap barely let Iron Fist lay a finger on him, do you really reckon that Gambit will be able to, erm?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
Arguably. But if Cap barely let Iron Fist lay a finger on him, do you really reckon that Gambit will be able to, erm? He has the kinetically enhanced speed and agility thing going for him, but I don't really know... I tend to avoid Gambit in comics like the plague.

Alfheim
He has the kinetically enhanced speed and agility thing going for him, but I don't really know... I tend to avoid Gambit in comics like the plague.

From my understanding that would give him more mobility but not greater reflexes.

Soljer
He has the kinetically enhanced speed and agility thing going for him, but I don't really know... I tend to avoid Gambit in comics like the plague.

As Alfheim led on, I believe he has enhanced agility due to the kinetic energy stored within his body, but not particularly incredibly enhanced speed.

And even if he did - so does Danny Rand. Via Chi, rather than kinetic energy, though.

xmarksthespot
Meh.. I'll leave it to the Gambit fans to make a case for him. I can really see either winning.

In a comic though, Captain America would win... without a doubt...

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer
As Alfheim led on, I believe he has enhanced agility due to the kinetic energy stored within his body, but not particularly incredibly enhanced speed.

And even if he did - so does Danny Rand. Via Chi, rather than kinetic energy, though.

Chi is different, chi will increase you're reflexes.

In a comic though, Captain America would win... without a doubt...

BOOOOO!!! None of that jobber aura business.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Alfheim
BOOOOO!!! None of that jobber aura business. I'm not really saying that... I'm just thinking in $$$ ... it's perfectly plausible for either to win... but no editor's going to go "We'll go with the plausible way for Gambit to beat Cap rather than the plausible way for Cap to beat Gambit, that'll go down well."

Alfheim
I'm not really saying that... I'm just thinking in $$$ ... it's perfectly plausible for either to win... but no editor's going to go "We'll go with the plausible way for Gambit to beat Cap rather than the plausible way for Cap to beat Gambit, that'll go down well."

Well......Cap did beatdown Spidey in his own comic book, and we know Spidey is alot more popular.........I just think if Cap beats Gambit its because hes good enough....maybe.

King KAM
He has the kinetically enhanced speed and agility thing going for him, but I don't really know... I tend to avoid Gambit in comics like the plague. you just lost this debate, with that statement, X.

whew....almost had me scared there..i was gonna have to put on my actual debating face...

Psyquis52
Nope. Gambit loses. He loses, he loses, he loses. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again....Gambit loses.

He might be able to beat him a couple of times but the majority goes to Cap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.