Marvel Comics vs Mortal Kombat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
What if the crew from Mortal Kombat came to Marvel earth to battle the heros? Who'd win the tournament?
Marvel team

Spiderman
Wolverine
Gambit
Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Storm
Deadpool
Daredevil
Beast
Elektra

vs

Mortal Kombat team

Liu Kang
Sonya
Sheeva
Rayden
Kano
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Reptile
Smoke
Goro
Kung Lao

Sam Z
Mortal Kombat.
Take away Raiden and it will be fair.

norrinradd43
Marvel ownage of MK...Cap, wolverine, or Deadpool could almost clear that alone

Sam Z
You can't be serious. Scorpion alone defeats this trio.

streekz
id say mk simply because they died in computer games when you beat the crap outta them yet the characters still can make the next game in the series.. happy

Starhawk
I agree Raiden kills them all. Put a sky father level on there to make it fair.

boriquaking55
sigh - typical comic fanboy vs. gaming fanboy thread. OMG random video game character would totally pwn these nubz -

No stoopid, these three street levelers can clear the whole team of nub game characters, pfft.

it's why these cross-medium threads shouldn't be made big grin

Edit: Donkey Kong comes in and destroys all these clowns with a furious barrel from hell. Kong FTW b1tches, respeck 'im

Starhawk
No we are just saying Raiden is a God. He could wipe them all out.

lilnutta12
liu kang cant die anymore cause he is already dead at the moment

he got killed in DA, now he a ZOMBIE!!!!!! raiden is the main man in the match

The Weather God
Yep you'll need a sky father like odin or zues in there to make this a fair match. Raiden can defeat them all very easily i might add.

capt it up
seeing how scorpion and sub-zero are both god levels now I find marvel gettign curve stomped even with out mk having raiden

complexbrother
Kratos from God Of War II comes in and decapitates them all, then quietly leaves .

The Weather God
Originally posted by capt it up
seeing how scorpion and sub-zero are both god levels now I find marvel gettign curve stomped even with out mk having raiden

They can be defeated tho. Raiden is an Elder God with unthinkable power. I do agree however that scorpion and sub-zero have a great chance at defeating them all alone. Well maybe not hulk, ironman, and storm.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by The Weather God
They can be defeated tho. Raiden is an Elder God with unthinkable power. I do agree however that scorpion and sub-zero have a great chance at defeating them all alone. Well maybe not hulk, ironman, and storm.

Ok, so now Raiden is Cththon & Atum level?

Who comes up with this stuff?

The Weather God
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Ok, so now Raiden is Cththon & Atum level?

Who comes up with this stuff?

Raiden is pretty much a skyfather now. Those marvel characters are toast. sad

KillAll
Raiden is on a level with odin??? how the hell did that happen...

anybody got some kind of proof of this?

The Weather God
Originally posted by KillAll
Raiden is on a level with odin??? how the hell did that happen...

anybody got some kind of proof of this?

Play the game or watch the movies. wink

Howard_Jones
Play the game or watch the movies. wink

Done both. He's nowhere near Odin.

The Weather God
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Done both. He's nowhere near Odin.

Elder god is odin level my friend smile

Mrrungo Mu
sigh - typical comic fanboy vs. gaming fanboy thread. OMG random video game character would totally pwn these nubz -

No stoopid, these three street levelers can clear the whole team of nub game characters, pfft.

it's why these cross-medium threads shouldn't be made big grin

Edit: Donkey Kong comes in and destroys all these clowns with a furious barrel from hell. Kong FTW b1tches, respeck 'im

laughing

KillAll
if we are going by the game or movies, raiden isnt on odins level...

i hope there are some comic book feats we can rely on. cause in theory, raiden = thor (god of thunder and lightning, duh).

neither of which are anywhere near odin.

The Weather God

i hope there are some comic book feats we can rely on. cause in theory, raiden = thor (god of thunder and lightning, duh).

True raiden was on thor's level but raiden became an elder god which is the highest level of power in the mortal kombat universe. (these are the people who make the mortal kombat tournament) Unless your suggesting that elder god is still thor's level which is not true.

jinzin

actually going by the game raiden is ridiculously overpowered.... he's powerful enough to cause the earth's destruction just be fighting on it. He caused the ice age just by fighting on earth as well... and he's also made the entirety of outworld (the equivolent of hundreds if not thousands of planets) to quake when he fought shao kahn and that was AFTER he was turned mortal by the elder gods... confused

great_dane
ermac can teleport and use telekenisis to do whatever he wants to anyone. jax become the most powerfull being on earth, and seeing as how he can transform his arms and become a giant, he can probably take all the people there except for maybe hulk. shang stung would take all there souls in a blink of an eye, goro,motaro,kintaro, and sheeva would put all there legs and arms together to for the easy people like cap. america,. and as for raiden. you really do need a skyfather level. he is an immortal god, who just takes the form of a human to enter the mortal komabt challenge, whenever earth is in jeopardy. think of him as pheonix, only taking the form of a crappy jean. MK woud seriously kill everyone without trying

The Weather God
Originally posted by jinzin
actually going by the game raiden is ridiculously overpowered.... he's powerful enough to cause the earth's destruction just be fighting on it. He caused the ice age just by fighting on earth as well... and he's also made the entirety of outworld (the equivolent of hundreds if not thousands of planets) to quake when he fought shao kahn and that was AFTER he was turned mortal by the elder gods... confused

Thankyou this proves how powerful raiden is, you have to consider that eldergod level is pretty much skyfather/odin level because the elder gods are way more powerful then the original raiden.

great_dane
sonya would get the shit beat out of her,. ill give you that one. but everyone else smokes marvel

srankmissingnin
Speaking strictly from the point of view of game mechanics MK gets totally destroyed. Story wise? No clue, I have never cared enough to look into the back grounds of these generic and uninspired characters.

The Weather God
Originally posted by great_dane
sonya would get the shit beat out of her,. ill give you that one. but everyone else smokes marvel

The only people on the marvel team that would hold a little resistence is Hulk, Iron Man, Storm, and Deadpool which woulden't be for very long at all.(without raiden)

boriquaking55
Does any one realize that if Raiden was actually as powerful as some people here are saying, there would literally be no point to the MK series? He'd be blinking sub-zero & Goro out of existence with but a thought.

They might as well call it, Rayden Kills Everyone & has a Dance Party Parts 1, 2, 3, 4.

The Weather God
Does any one realize that if Raiden was actually as powerful as some people here are saying, there would literally be no point to the MK series? He'd be blinking sub-zero & Goro out of existence with but a thought.

They might as well call it, Rayden Kills Everyone & has a Dance Party Parts 1, 2, 3, 4.

You do realize that the elder gods create the mortal kombat tournament. They make the rules and everything. Raiden's powers are always limited when he fights in the MK tournament, or we all know that he would own everyone. Also if you watched the movies then you would see that raiden owned Shao Khan, subzero and scorpian (quite ealsy i might add) before he was elder god. When he fought against Shao Khan again his powers were stripped leading him to getting killed by Shao Khan's death blast.

boriquaking55
You do realize that the elder gods create the mortal kombat tournament. They make the rules and everything. Raiden's powers are always limited when he fights in the MK tournament, or we all know that he would own everyone. Also if you watched the movies then you would see that raiden owned Shao Khan, subzero and scorpian (quite ealsy i might add) before he was elder god. When he fought against Shao Khan again his powers were stripped.

how mighty convenient. I'm sorry, I really am. I misinterpreted the awe-inspiring epic that is Mortal Kombat Annihilation. What a fool I was

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Speaking strictly from the point of view of game mechanics MK gets totally destroyed. Story wise? No clue, I have never cared enough to look into the back grounds of these generic and uninspired characters.

smile

eek!

laughing

The Weather God
how mighty convenient. I'm sorry, I really am. I misinterpreted the awe-inspiring epic that is Mortal Kombat Annihilation. What a fool I was

Even the game said raiden's powers are limited in the mortal kombat tournament because he would be able to defeat them all. It just furthur proves how powerful the elder gods are to limit even the god of earth his power in the tournament.

Howard_Jones
Even the game said raiden's powers are limited in the mortal kombat tournament because he would be able to defeat them all. It just furthur proves how powerful the elder gods are to limit even the god of earth his power in the tournament.

Yet Liu Kang has defeated everyone that Raiden has problems with. Hmmmm.

srankmissingnin
smile

eek!

laughing

What's the problem?

boriquaking55

and since you're talking about using the canon game version with his powers limited, therefore Raiden is not at Elder god level and MK loses horribly.

Edit: MK and Marvel both lose...to Pokemon

The Weather God
Yet Liu Kang has defeated everyone that Raiden has problems with. Hmmmm.

Like i said, raiden can defeat anyone in the mk tournament without his powers being limited by the elder gods, haven't you read anything i posted? The elder gods create the tournament and there is nothing raiden can do because even while he is an elder god the others can still over rule and power him. There is absolutely nothing raiden can do once the elder gods decision for the tournament is final.

The Weather God
and since you're talking about using the canon game version with his powers limited, therefore Raiden is not at Elder god level and MK loses horribly.

This is not a mortal kombat tournament and therefor there is no limit on his powers. The forum rules also state that the characters get's to be in they're prime state which is elder god, then raiden owns them all.

Howard_Jones
Like i said, raiden can defeat anyone in the mk tournament without his powers being limited by the elder gods, haven't you read anything i posted? The elder gods create the tournament and there is nothing raiden can do because even while he is an elder god the others can still over rule and power him. There is absolutely nothing raiden can do once the elder gods decision for the tournament is final.

O RLY? What about Onaga?

The Weather God
O RLY? What about Onaga?

Was this in the mk tournament or outside of it? Also was raiden an elder god then?

Starhawk
In order to enter the Mortal Kombat Tourny, Raiden has to give up his immortality and allot of his power becuase of the rules. At his real powerlevel he could destory the earth.

Howard_Jones
Was this in the mk tournament or outside of it? Also was raiden an elder god then?

Dude, it's in Mortal Kombat Deception.

ThePittman

The Weather God
Dude, it's in Mortal Kombat Deception.

I diden't play that game but if he defeated raiden inside the mortal kombat tournament then that does not count for anything.

Howard_Jones
I diden't play that game but if he defeated raiden inside the mortal kombat tournament then that does not count for anything.

Deadly Alliance and Deception weren't tournaments. no expression

The Weather God
Deadly Alliance and Deception weren't tournaments. no expression

Yes they were

Howard_Jones
Yes they were

Nope. You just said you never played them. How would you know if they are or not?

The Weather God
Nope. You just said you never played them. How would you know if they are or not?

Because Mortal Kombat automatically stands for tournament that's why.

Howard_Jones
Because Mortal Kombat automatically stands for tournament that's why.

laughing

Catalogued!

The Weather God
laughing

Catalogued!

All of the mortal kombat games stands for a tournament, that's the reason you're fightning to get to the last boss. smile I've also played deadly alliance and it was most definitly a tournament.

The Weather God
edit] Double post, don't know what happened lol.

Starhawk
Originally posted by Starhawk
In order to enter the Mortal Kombat Tourny, Raiden has to give up his immortality and allot of his power becuase of the rules. At his real powerlevel he could destory the earth.

The Weather God
Originally posted by Starhawk

Indeed you are correct, giving true reason why raiden could lose and die in the mk tournament. Elder rules. smile

Howard_Jones
All of the mortal kombat games stands for a tournament, that's the reason you're fightning to get to the last boss. smile I've also played deadly alliance and it was most definitly a tournament.

Bah. Every Mortal Kombat game has the same format. That doesn't mean that's how it plays out in the story.

The Weather God
Bah. Every Mortal Kombat game has the same format. That doesn't mean that's how it plays out in the story.

Yes they do, that's why once you beat the game they tell you a little fake story about the character about how they beat the mk tournament and got this and that. smile

Howard_Jones
Ohhho really? If that's the case, what happened to Scorpion in his storyline for Deadly Alliance? I don't seem to remember him winning any tournament. In fact, one wasn't hosted in the first place.

Please keep up.

Newjak
DA wasn't a tournament it was a bunch of heros vs a bunch of villains with a few neutral characters invloved.

The Weather God
Ohhho really? If that's the case, what happened to Scorpion in his storyline for Deadly Alliance? I don't seem to remember him winning any tournament. In fact, one wasn't hosted in the first place.

Please keep up.

Sadly i only rented that game but i think he got taken to hell or something, after winning the tournament tho, i believe you should go back and beat the game again to refresh your memory.

Howard_Jones
Sadly i only rented that game but i think he got taken to hell or something, after winning the tournament tho, i believe you should go back and beat the game again to refresh your memory.

Oh.

My.

God.

You're way off. That's the ending to MK4. In DA he gets sucked into a Soulnado.

The Weather God
Oh.

My.

God.

You're way off. That's the ending to MK4. In DA he gets sucked into a Soulnado.

Well maybe i need to refresh my memory laughing out loud

The Weather God
He had to win the tournament to get his wife and son back. Which he still diden't get sadly sad i think whoever won that tournament got a wish granted.

King_Mungi
I have Armaggedon, but what do they mean this is the last game in the series? Why wouldn't they make anymore, Midway has made most of their money and fame from this series.

What suprized me in Armaggedon was Stryker was actually decent. HA!

dvampire
Marvel wins.

The Weather God
He had to win the tournament to get his wife and son back. Which he still diden't get sadly sad i think whoever won that tournament got a wish granted.

It's not the last game they are making, just the last game on the old gens. They're making a new mortal kombat as we speak for the next gen consoles.

http://search.ign.com/products?query=mortal+kombat

juggernaut66666
Because Mortal Kombat automatically stands for tournament that's why. laughing laughing laughing

Mrrungo Mu
Meh,I didn't think Raiden was THAT powerful confused

The Weather God
Originally posted by Mrrungo Mu
Meh,I didn't think Raiden was THAT powerful confused

That's because the raiden in the game was mostly seen inside the mortal Kombat tournament with most of his powers striped. sad It's really the only reason he's playble.

Howard_Jones
That's because the raiden in the game was mostly seen inside the mortal Kombat tournament with most of his powers striped. sad It's really the only reason he's playble.

Didn't know he had striped powers. Does he have plad too?

SpunkySmurph

... You're hilarious.

The Weather God
Does he have what?

great_dane
shang tsung alone would take all there souls while radien kept taking human forms to defeat them all. the only problem i see mk having is the hulk. but i dont think not even the hulk can be the INCREDIBLE hulk without a soul.

bigbran
Originally posted by great_dane
shang tsung alone would take all there souls while radien kept taking human forms to defeat them all. the only problem i see mk having is the hulk. but i dont think not even the hulk can be the INCREDIBLE hulk without a soul. Funniest... thing... ever!
no expression

Wait, when has Raiden also, ever shown the powers that Odin has?
I played every game, whatched the movies, nothing he has shown, has ever struck me as, "galaxy destroying powers".

Xplosive
Didn't Liu Kang now received God-like powers. Mortal Kombat takes this.

bigbran
Originally posted by Xplosive
Didn't Liu Kang now received God-like powers. Mortal Kombat takes this. What is godlike powers to Mortal Kombat?
Just because they have it, this could put them anywhere in power.

Did they destroy planets? Did they destroy galaxies? Did they even destroy cities?

And no, Lui Kang was only turned into a zombie, as far as my knowledge goes.

Xplosive
Originally posted by bigbran

He defeat corrupted Raiden, received the power of a God and became a protector of Earth Realm. He is a God now.

bigbran
Originally posted by Xplosive
He defeat corrupted Raiden, received the power of a God and became a protector of Earth Realm. He is a God now. When was this?
Oh, did you have to beat it with Lui Kang in the newest one?
Haven't even played with him yet.

Also, what has Raiden done to put him at an Odin level?
You keep saying god, but what level does this mean?
The Elder gods sure as hell haven't struck me, as an Odin level.

jinzin

that's just the way it is... no one said it made sense...

the robotic ninjas have the power to destroy planets using self destruct mode... does that make sense that someone would make that? no.. but that doesn't mean they can't do it... erm

jinzin

What the f**k? did you no read what i said about raiden when he was turned mortal?

and no... see this isn't a mortal kombat tournement.. raiden doesn't have to depower himself to appease the elder gods here..

jinzin
O RLY? What about Onaga? what about him?

aside from the fact that he's as powerful or more powerful than shao kahn who was equivolent to raiden in his ridiculous power levels in MK 3/ultimate (quaking earth/outworld is NOT a small feat),

raiden was in ****ING OUTWORLD, in outworld, raiden loses his godly powers on a geometric scale.. he'd already been IN outworld for an over extended period of time and was losing his power reserves. EVEN THEN he blew a hole in the planet that was like a mile wide.... that's STILL ridiculously powerful for the MU characters on this list save a few.. confused

jinzin
I diden't play that game but if he defeated raiden inside the mortal kombat tournament then that does not count for anything. no it's even worse.. raiden was in outworld..

jinzin
Originally posted by Mrrungo Mu
Meh,I didn't think Raiden was THAT powerful confused it'd not your fault, how could you if you don't follow the story line..

like srank said, gameplay wise mk characters look like street fighting chumps... but that isn't the case for story mode...

the same assumptions would probably be made about SF characters and Marvel characters in video games if they didn't have all those feats and comics to back them up....

sadly the only mk comics that exist don't really follow the game story and they have the slight handicap of sucking hard...

The Weather God
Originally posted by bigbran
What is godlike powers to Mortal Kombat?
Just because they have it, this could put them anywhere in power.

Did they destroy planets? Did they destroy galaxies? Did they even destroy cities?

Shao Khan's destroyed mutiple relms by defeating people in mortal kombat tournaments. The elder gods can do anything they dam well please. They can reverse time, grant wises and even limit shao khan and raiden their powers in the mortal kombat tournament if they wanted to. In the second film, shao khan had broken the rules and tried to destroy earth anyway, while his father was an elder god he allowed it, later on the other elder gods over ruled him and destroyed him and shao khan after lui kang defeated him in another mk tournament held by the elder gods. When all was said in done, they put everything back the way it was before shao khan entered earthrelm. No way in hell thor can do such a thing, this is definitly skyfather level power.

Howard_Jones
Kahn destroyed realms by invading them. He didn't do it by himself. no expression

The Weather God
If he wins a mortal kombat tournament he get's to take over or destroy the realm. My point also still remains that the elder gods were able to reverse everything back to the way it was before shao khan invaded earth. Something that cannot be done on thor's level.

Howard_Jones
If he wins a mortal kombat tournament he get's to take over or destroy the realm. My point also still remains that the elder gods were able to reverse everything back to the way it was before shao khan invaded earth. Something that cannot be done on thor's level.

The elder gods aren't in this fight. Have you not been paying attention? no expression

The Weather God
The elder gods aren't in this fight. Have you not been paying attention? no expression

Raiden is an elder god you have not been paying attention. This is not a mortal kombat tournament and therefor his powers are not limited in this match. smile

Howard_Jones
Raiden is an elder god you have not been paying attention. This is not a mortal kombat tournament and therefor his powers are not limited in this match. smile
Raiden's Elder God status was revoked in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. no expression

The Weather God
Raiden's Elder God status was revoked in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. no expression

No it was not quit playing games and except the fact that raiden is an elder god on the status level of odin and therefor a skyfather will be needed in order for the marvel team to have any chance against defeating raiden. Even if he wasen't on elder god level i believe he would still own the team. Nuff said. stick out tongue

Howard_Jones
No it was not quit playing games and except the fact that raiden is an elder god on the status level of odin and therefor a skyfather will be needed in order for the marvel team to have any chance against defeating raiden. Even if he wasen't on elder god level i believe he would still own the team. Nuff said. stick out tongue

You missed it completely. Raiden is NOT an elder god. Also, when he was an Elder God, he never did anything to show that he was that powerful. So, you can make claims about him all day. It's not truth.

The Weather God
You missed it completely. Raiden is NOT an elder god. Also, when he was an Elder God, he never did anything to show that he was that powerful. So, you can make claims about him all day. It's not truth.

I have proven that the elder gods can do thing of that such level and therefor raiden would be able to do things of that level. Elder god is highest level of power in the mortal kombat universe and raiden's immortality and powers are very limited in the mk tournament or else he'd own everyone in it everytime. Oh it is the truth wink

Howard_Jones
I have proven that the elder gods can do thing of that such level and therefor raiden would be able to do things of that level. Elder god is highest level of power in the mortal kombat universe and raiden's immortality and powers are very limited in the mk tournament or else he'd own everyone in it everytime. Oh it is the truth wink

First of all, you've proven what the others have done. Raiden didn't do anything. A+B doesn't always equal C. That's common sense. Also, when did the Elder Gods remake anything? Tell me the exact game where it is stated.

The Weather God
First of all, you've proven what the others have done. Raiden didn't do anything. A+B doesn't always equal C. That's common sense. Also, when did the Elder Gods remake anything? Tell me the exact game where it is stated.

I'm done arguing with you, obviously you think the marvel team would win which is commen sense with a guy like raiden on there, the mk team would win hands down. Also like i said watch the movie or play the game and see how powerful the elder gods are, they create the mk tournament and do any and everything they dam well please, prove to me one time the elder gods coulden't handle anything made by their rules of the mk tournament. You can't. why? because they are the highest power in the mk universe. Automatically raiden should be able to use the elder gods power nuff said, like jinzin said it doesn't always make sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.