Convicted Murderer Awarded $1 In Arrest Lawsuit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I think we might have found the most Bizzare story of the year:

http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_333101320.html

confused blink

PVS
if they used excessive force as described, then i dont find it very odd at all.
police officers are not in the business of carrying out punishment, regardless
of how brutal the crime. of course the officers could be telling the truth, but obviously the court of law disagrees

WrathfulDwarf
I'm curious to know how is he going to split that dollar with the attorneys that represent him.

Soleran
Whats bizarre is how our system constantly wants to hold a higher standard of restraint to those with less training then police officers who act out in "justice" and receive punishments.

What would have been really funny though is if the guy was awarded 1 dollar and then the system awarded that to the jail for payments lol.

PVS
you know what? i misread the article. one dollar? what a waste of tax dollars erm

Bardock42
One dollar. Funny.

JacopeX
You could buy many things with a dollar. big grin

ThePittman
Originally posted by JacopeX
You could buy many things with a dollar. big grin Like 100 pennies stick out tongue

Robtard
What's sad is that the courts decided to take the word of a crack smoking, samurai sword wielding, murdering midget over police officers...

PVS
perhaps its just the court's solution to reprimand the officers while not rewarding the criminal....its actually pretty smart now that i think of it

BackFire
I wish I had a dollar...

Soleran
Originally posted by BackFire
I wish I had a dollar...

At least you know what you have to do for the courts to award you a dollar at least in PA.

WrathfulDwarf
I wish I had a dollar...

McDonald's 1 dollar menu?

I'm hungry. sad

Victor Von Doom
It's quite a common award.

It's a nominal payment. It indicates the rightness of the winning party, while pointing out that there are no damages needed.

A moral victory, as it were.

BackFire
Oh goody, taxpayers get to pay the cost of the trial for this "moral victory".

Sounds worthwhile.

Strangelove
I thought that the award was $1 million......and I was angry.

but the $1 is pretty goddamn hilarious.

A waste of taxpayer dollars, to be sure, but that's the price of comedy

Rogue Jedi
dumbass shouldnt have killed his neighbor. now that i think of it, he shouldnt have been smoking crack, then none of this would have ever happened.

silver_tears
I don't know whether to laugh or be disgusted.

Personally I feel like laughing, he couldn't actually have thought he would rightfully get 35 million dollars after being strung out and with a person on fire in his living room.

But it's kinda worrisome since it's kinda a slap in the face of the justice system seeing as how the jury did in fact find him the winner yet he didn't get any damages but a dollar. That's just a form of further punishment imo. I mean what he did was disgusting yes, but he was wronged as well no? So just as his victim gets what's due with his imprisonment etc, I think he should receive justice as well.

Rogue Jedi
i am glad i am not the only one who feels like laughing about it.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i am glad i am not the only one who feels like laughing about it.

Yeah I'm laughing my ass off right now, I can't believe this.

It's ridiculously funny eek!

Bardock42
I wish I had a dollar...

And I also know why.

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

BackFire
Originally posted by Bardock42
And I also know why.

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

No, my nose is running.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.