An Idea I Have

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThePittman
I got an idea I want to run by you guys/gals. With the holiday season coming up and looking for gifts for my friends and family and wondering what to get them I was thinking about a website that you would go to and enter in stuff that you would want for you birthday, Christmas and other gift giving occasions. This area you would also put in stuff like clothes sizes, teams you like, music and such so that you friends and family could log in and see you info and get things that you want or know what kind of things that you are looking for. This would be like a gift registry, I have seen one or two sites like it but they are done poorly and I was wondering if this is something that you would use. I would like honest responses if possible. wink

Great the Vraya
Originally posted by ThePittman
I got an idea I want to run by you guys/gals. With the holiday season coming up and looking for gifts for my friends and family and wondering what to get them I was thinking about a website that you would go to and enter in stuff that you would want for you birthday, Christmas and other gift giving occasions. This area you would also put in stuff like clothes sizes, teams you like, music and such so that you friends and family could log in and see you info and get things that you want or know what kind of things that you are looking for. This would be like a gift registry, I have seen one or two sites like it but they are done poorly and I was wondering if this is something that you would use. I would like honest responses if possible. wink Yeah, I think that that is a cool idea. t'would make holliday shopping a lot easier too. stick out tongue

ThePittman
Originally posted by Great the Vraya
Yeah, I think that that is a cool idea. t'would make holliday shopping a lot easier too. stick out tongue I just want to know before I start to invest and build the site, thanks for the feedback.

masterkit
I would love a site like that

dave_kodak
i coulnt be botherd to read it so i guess i dont care.

Scythe
I think they call this a wish-list. Or knowing your relatives...

InnerRise
I think it's a great idea.

But seriously, many of the older adults may not want to be bothered with it and some of the even older ones may be computer illiterate.

So, for the younger generation, yeah it sounds good. But for the parents and grandparents, it's kind if dodgy how they'll take to it.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

LethalFemme
I got an idea I want to run by you guys/gals. With the holiday season coming up and looking for gifts for my friends and family and wondering what to get them I was thinking about a website that you would go to and enter in stuff that you would want for you birthday, Christmas and other gift giving occasions. This area you would also put in stuff like clothes sizes, teams you like, music and such so that you friends and family could log in and see you info and get things that you want or know what kind of things that you are looking for. This would be like a gift registry, I have seen one or two sites like it but they are done poorly and I was wondering if this is something that you would use. I would like honest responses if possible. wink

I thought we agreed I'd do the thinking for both of us.miffed

Xerus
It sounds alright, but you'd maybe have to ensure only the people you wanted to see it could see it.
In that case you could just type it all up in an email and send it to the people.

In either your idea's case or the email(or letter or whatever) one there is still a bit of a flaw. If you're the kind of person who enjoys a suprize during one of those such occasions the people you're showing this wouldn't know who would get what for you and you may end up with a good few duplicate gifts.
I'm sure there could be some sub-area to be made to solve that problem, but otherwise it's just as well you're telling people what you want

Scythe
I still think most xmas shopping can be done carefree if you just get to know your friends and family. How do you know your relatives all your life and not know what their favorite colour is?

Spartan005
Whats the point? Why not just make an Xmas list...

Xerus
Originally posted by Spartan005
Whats the point? Why not just make an Xmas list...

Ding ding.
Winner~

ThePittman

Xerus

Morning_Glory
I got an idea I want to run by you guys/gals. With the holiday season coming up and looking for gifts for my friends and family and wondering what to get them I was thinking about a website that you would go to and enter in stuff that you would want for you birthday, Christmas and other gift giving occasions. This area you would also put in stuff like clothes sizes, teams you like, music and such so that you friends and family could log in and see you info and get things that you want or know what kind of things that you are looking for. This would be like a gift registry, I have seen one or two sites like it but they are done poorly and I was wondering if this is something that you would use. I would like honest responses if possible. wink Amazon has a wish list or gift list..area...

ThePittman

Nerdanel
i like the sound of it...

can i have a cookie now

Council#13
The idea is interesting! wink Sounds good, but it might defeat the surprise of Christmas presents.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Nerdanel
i like the sound of it...

can i have a cookie now pitt_cookieOriginally posted by Council#13
The idea is interesting! wink Sounds good, but it might defeat the surprise of Christmas presents. Well the person wouldn't know what people are getting them, they would make suggestions as to what they want plus give info about themselves and the friends and family get the gifts.

Nerdanel
its like a wedding list but on the internet silly

ThePittman
Originally posted by Nerdanel
its like a wedding list but on the internet silly yes

Council#13
pitt_cookie Well the person wouldn't know what people are getting them, they would make suggestions as to what they want plus give info about themselves and the friends and family get the gifts.

yes I see....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.