Breaking News: U.S. Discriminates Against Blind People

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
God bless America.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/29/washington/29blind.html

xmarksthespot
What about it?

Soleran
Seriously this offends my eyes to read!

Gregory
So someone noticed a problem, and the judicial branch of the government decided it should be fixed. I assume that you're being sarcastic when you say, "God bless America," but since "America," in the form of a member of our Judicial branch, has just ordered the problem fixed, I don't see what your problem is.

PVS
the solution would be in a small section of brail. far better than different size bills. that would be a mess. i like my bills neatly folded

BackFire
The solution would be for blind people to get credit cards.

Problem solved. Case closed. Game over, man.

FeceMan
Le-****ing-sigh.

The problem is that the entire ordeal sounds as though the US government is making an attempt to hinder blind people.
Originally posted by BackFire
Or teaching seeing eye dogs how to pay for things.

Green Arrow

Problem solved. Case closed. Game over, man.
Not really, how would they know it's thier credit card? lol.

Being blind is a terrible disadvantage, but we can't go out of our way just for them. Fascism by majority is bad enough, now we're suppose to expect fascism by minority?

Frankly I don't think we should be printing money on metals and paper anyway. That's having a terrible effect on the enviorment. Trees are cutdown, and metal matireals wasted for petty currency. Why not we use those 2-liter plastics that go un-used?

Sure it'd be alot easier to counterfeit, but I'd be willing to take that risk to help the Earth.

BackFire
Originally posted by Green Arrow
Not really, how would they know it's thier credit card? lol.

Being blind is a terrible disadvantage, but we can't go out of our way just for them. Fascism by majority is bad enough, now we're suppose to expect fascism by minority?

Frankly I don't think we should be printing money on metals and paper anyway. That's having a terrible effect on the enviorment. Trees are cutdown, and metal matireals wasted for petty currency. Why not we use those 2-liter plastics that go un-used?

Sure it'd be alot easier to counterfeit, but I'd be willing to take that risk to help the Earth.

The fact that it's in their wallet?

Soleran
Originally posted by FeceMan
Le-****ing-sigh.

The problem is that the entire ordeal sounds as though the US government is making an attempt to hinder blind people.

Or teaching seeing eye dogs how to pay for things.

As well they should, they are "legally" handicapped and should have some difficulties to overcome to keep the "specialness" about them!

FeceMan
Originally posted by Soleran
As well they should, they are "legally" handicapped and should have some difficulties to overcome to keep the "specialness" about them!
Excellent point.

Soleran
Originally posted by FeceMan
Excellent point.

I try not to state the obvious so clearly but I just couldn't turn a blind eye to this exception.

Give them credit cards but make all receipts printed in brail, BAM now we are cooking.

xmarksthespot
Brail raised dots or holes on existing notes, I don't see the need for different sized bills.

BackFire
Another solution would be seeing eye midgets, they could pay for things for the blind people, and tell them when there's a hot chick and which way to move their arm in order to pinch their ass.

xmarksthespot
It would reduce midget unemployment.

Soleran
Another solution would be seeing eye midgets, they could pay for things for the blind people, and tell them when there's a hot chick and which way to move their arm in order to pinch their ass.

Seeing eye midgets, I like it. Creating jobs for special needs individuals and empowering them to overcome their disabilities on a team basis, hot damn!

FeceMan
I try not to state the obvious so clearly but I just couldn't turn a blind eye to this exception.

You have to give it up for Oscar Wilde-like wordplay like that.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Green Arrow
Not really, how would they know it's thier credit card? lol. Um...how about the raised letters on the credit card? Yeah, that would work!

Money's made out of cotton; blue jean remnants to be precise. Not paper.

Strangelove
laughing out loud I read that article today

Mindship
"A federal judge here ruled on Tuesday that the government illegally discriminated against blind people..."

They could've done it legally? And why "discriminate" anyway? Was someone really thinking, "Heh, heh, heh, let's f*ck those sightless bastids"?

Better:
"A federal judge here ruled on Tuesday that the government has not considered the needs of blind people when designing its paper currency."

*sigh* Is it Friday yet?

Gregory
There are times it would be legal for the government to discriminate against blind people, yes. For example, military recruiting.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by Mindship
"A federal judge here ruled on Tuesday that the government illegally discriminated against blind people..."

They could've done it legally? And why "discriminate" anyway? Was someone really thinking, "Heh, heh, heh, let's f*ck those sightless bastids"?

Better:
"A federal judge here ruled on Tuesday that the government has not considered the needs of blind people when designing its paper currency."

*sigh* Is it Friday yet?

Dude, I can't help it.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/1141/grammar-nazi.jpg

Soleran
We also need to take into consideration the needs of the many folks that don't read English and print multilingual currency!

Darth Macabre
We also need to take into consideration the needs of the many folks that don't read English and print multilingual currency! And also the illiterate as well...You can't forget about them!

Soleran
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
And also the illiterate as well...You can't forget about them!

Yes talking currency, talking currency!

Kinneary
Braille on the dollar bills. Problem solved. Next topic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.