Do you think it's ok that China bans religion freedom?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ysh227

Many Americans people are pretty upset about China because Chinese government disallow religion freedom; they do not allow any religion institue built in there....

and 93% of Chinese are agnostic or atheistic.....

So some people use the word "communism" to insult Chinese people...
but have you thought about why Chinese government is banning religion freedom???

I think there is a reason
China, right now, is becoming a high-tech based nation. It will not be as good as Japan in term of technology, but close.

They are afraid that if religion freedom is allowed in China, those religious fanatics will try anyway to destroy their progress.

That's my feeling
I don't know about yours...
so although banning religion freedom might seem to be rude, there are reasons...or why do they need to do that?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Do you really think that restricting religious freedom is a means to achieving economic progress? That's so weird! How did you come up with it?

The reason religious activities in China are restricted is simply because freedom is restricted. Although gradual changes are being made, this central principal of China's communism remains the same.

Kinneary
I'm an atheist, and even I think that there is no justification for banning religion.

Bardock42
Don't care. Religion is a **** anyways.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Bardock42
Don't care. Religion is a **** anyways.

Oh I see so if Religon is such a **** what about all the inventions made by religous people!!!!!!
mad

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alfheim
Oh I see so if Religon is such a **** what about all the inventions made by religous people!!!!!!
mad

Yes, what about them? You think they made them because they were religious? What about all the inventions made by atheist/agnostic people? What about the 700 years of advancement it stole us with your stupid middle ages? What about all the death it brought over the world? What about the hate it created?

All in all it is jsut a real ****. We'd be better off without it. I wouldn't ban it, cause people should have freedom, even if they believe in something as hateful and ignorant and stupid as Christianity.

lord xyz
Originally posted by ysh227

Many Americans people are pretty upset about China because Chinese government disallow religion freedom; they do not allow any religion institue built in there....

but have you thought about why Chinese government is banning religion freedom???

China, right now, is becoming a high-tech based nation. It will not be as good as Japan in term of technology, but close.

They are afraid that if religion freedom is allowed in China, those religious fanatics will try anyway to destroy their progress.

That's my feeling
so although banning religion freedom might seem to be rude, there are reasons...or why do they need to do that? I say they should, religion only holds people back.

Yes, what about them? You think they made them because they were religious? What about all the inventions made by atheist/agnostic people? What about the 700 years of advancement it stole us with your stupid middle ages? What about all the death it brought over the world? What about the hate it created?

All in all it is jsut a real ****. We'd be better off without it. I wouldn't ban it, cause people should have freedom, even if they believe in something as hateful and ignorant and stupid as Christianity. thumb up Agreed.

Alfheim
Yes, what about them? You think they made them because they were religious?

Yes, religous people are inspired by religon to do things.

What about all the inventions made by atheist/agnostic people?

Yeah what about them they are just as creative as religous people.

What about the 700 years of advancement it stole us with your stupid middle ages?

Well that just goes to show how little you know. As much as I dislike Islam alot of scienitifc advancement was created by Islam around that time. Oh yes and Christians during the midlle ages idnt belive that the world was flat, find out about Sir Francis Bacon. Sir Isaac Newton was a staunch Christain.

Even in modern times the spritualist movement was responsible for creating alot of inventions based on radiowaves because they thought the dead could be talked to.

What about all the death it brought over the world? What about the hate it created?

Stop being emotional. Even if there was no religon people would find something else. Its not religon its people. What was WW2 and WW1 about. How many people did Stalin kill. How many people have the Chinese Government killed for the sake of communism

All in all it is jsut a real ****. We'd be better off without it. I wouldn't ban it, cause people should have freedom, even if they believe in something as hateful and ignorant and stupid as Christianity.

There you go making assumptions. Im a heathen I worship the Norse Gods.

Originally posted by lord xyz
I say they should, religion only holds people back.

thumb up Agreed.

I hope you have read my post.

Kinneary
We'd be better off without Cheetos, but I don't think those should be banned, either.

You can't ban someone's THOUGHTS. Their beliefs. It's no different than the Red Scare or the Crusades. What do you do, throw someone in prison if they don't agree that there is no god? How does that make atheists any better than theists? How does that make atheism better than theism?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Kinneary
We'd be better off without Cheetos, but I don't think those should be banned, either.

You can't ban someone's THOUGHTS. Their beliefs. It's no different than the Red Scare or the Crusades. What do you do, throw someone in prison if they don't agree that there is no god? How does that make atheists any better than theists? How does that make atheism better than theism?

Yes but what about all the inventions and scientfic progress made by religous people???? Religon itself isnt even a bad thing. Why are you arguing it from that angle???

lord xyz
Yes, religous people are inspired by religon to do things. Hmm, was Darwin inspired by religion, was Columbus inspired by religion, was Einstein inspired by religion? Or did they do great things when they turned away from religion?
Yeah what about them they are just as creative as religous people. But with nothing to hold them back. Religion said the Earth was flat, so no one dared to go west and sail round the world. Then people thought the world wasn't flat, say hello to America.
Well that just goes to show how little you know. As much as I dislike Islam alot of scienitifc advancement was created by Islam around that time. Oh yes and Christians during the midlle ages idnt belive that the world was flat, find out about Sir Francis Bacon. Sir Isaac Newton was a staunch Christain. I don't think I've seen anywhere that suggest Francis Bacon was christian, or did the things he did because of christianity.
Even in modern times the spritualist movement was responsible for creating alot of inventions based on radiowaves because they thought the dead could be talked to. Really? Because this website suggests otherwise. http://inventors.about.com/od/rstartinventions/a/radio.htm
Stop being emotional. Even if there was no religon people would find something else. Its not religon its people. What was WW2 and WW1 about. Religion.
How many people did Stalin kill. How many people have the Chinese Government killed for the sake of communism Not as much as the Spanish Inquisition.
There you go making assumptions. Im a heathen I worship the Norse Gods. What did he assume? Did he say you weren't? Or was he just using Christianity as an example?
I hope you have read my post. I did. It was stupid. Inventions made by religious people eh? I don't think John Paul II or Kent Hovind ever invented something. They were too busy praying thinking God will do everything for us.

lord xyz

You can't ban someone's THOUGHTS. Their beliefs. It's no different than the Red Scare or the Crusades. What do you do, throw someone in prison if they don't agree that there is no god? How does that make atheists any better than theists? How does that make atheism better than theism? They're not trying to ban thoughts, just places of worship so the religions aren't as organised and dangerous.

Yes but what about all the inventions and scientfic progress made by religous people???? Religon itself isnt even a bad thing. Why are you arguing it from that angle??? Religion is by far the worst thing. It's worse than LSD. Just look at America, they are racist arrogant bigots because of them being religious. Look at Saudi Arabia, very religious, even worse than America, places in Africa are religious and again, aweful. Not places I want to live that's for sure.

Alpha Centauri
After all the time that the religious have been banning non-religious people's freedoms such as gay marriage and abortion, it's funny that the tables are turned in my opinion.

It's be simpler if people could just live by their own morals and not force them upon others, but that's a big ask apparantly.

-AC

Alfheim
Hmm, was Darwin inspired by religion, was Columbus inspired by religion, was Einstein inspired by religion? Or did they do great things when they turned away from religion?
But with nothing to hold them back. Religion said the Earth was flat, so no one dared to go west and sail round the world. Then people thought the world wasn't flat, say hello to America.
I don't think I've seen anywhere that suggest Francis Bacon was christian, or did the things he did because of christianity.
Really? Because this website suggests otherwise. http://inventors.about.com/od/rstartinventions/a/radio.htm
Religion.
Not as much as the Spanish Inquisition.
What did he assume? Did he say you weren't? Or was he just using Christianity as an example?
I did. It was stupid. Inventions made by religious people eh? I don't think John Paul II or Kent Hovind ever invented something. They were too busy praying thinking God will do everything for us.

Sir Isaac Newton

Isaac Newton is well known as one of the greatest scientists who ever lived. Less well known is his deep belief in God and his conviction that scientific investigation leads to a greater knowledge of God the Creator of the universe.

Einstein

When that question was put to him, Einstein once responded, "I
believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony in
what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions

Muslim inventions

Medical Sciences
The Muslims have made a lasting contribution to the development of Medical Science. Razi (Rhazes), Ibn Sina (Avicenna), and Abu Ali al-Hasan (Alhazen) were the greatest medical scholars of mediaeval times.
Al-Razi, known in the West as Rhazes, the famous physician and scientist, (d. 932), was the inventor of "Seton" in Surgery and the author of 'Al-Judari wal Hasbak', an authentic book dealing with measles and small pox.
Seen as one of the greatest physicians in the world in the Middle Ages, Razi stressed empirical observation and clinical medicine and was unrivalled as a diagnostician. He also wrote a treatise on hygiene in hospitals.
Kahaf Abul-Qasim Al-Sahabi was a very famous surgeon in the eleventh century, known in Europe for his work, 'Kitab al-Tasrif' (Concessio).
Avicenna wrote 'Al-Qanun Jil Tib known as Cannon', which was the most widely studied medical work of mediaevel times and was reprinted more than twenty times during the last 30 years of the 15th century in many different languages. The book remained a standard textbook even in Europe, for over 700 years.
Alhazen was the world's greatest authority on "optics".
The contagious character of the plague and its remedies were discovered by Ibn Katina, a Moorish Physician.
Other significant contributions were made in pharmacology, such as Ibn Sina's 'Kitab al-Shifa' (Book of Healing), and in public health. Every major city in the Islamic world had a number of excellent hospitals, some of them teaching hospitals, and many of them were specialized for particular diseases, including mental and emotional. The Ottomans were particularly noted for their building of hospitals and for the high level of hygiene practiced in them.

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/history/muslim_inventors.html

And thats just some of it....

Sir Fancis Bacon

And yet he writes in "The Essays: Of Atheism" that "a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men’s minds about to religion",suggesting he continued to employ inductive reasoning in all areas of his life, including his own spiritual beliefs.

Bardock42
Yes, religous people are inspired by religon to do things.

Yeah what about them they are just as creative as religous people.

Well that just goes to show how little you know. As much as I dislike Islam alot of scienitifc advancement was created by Islam around that time. Oh yes and Christians during the midlle ages idnt belive that the world was flat, find out about Sir Francis Bacon. Sir Isaac Newton was a staunch Christain.

Even in modern times the spritualist movement was responsible for creating alot of inventions based on radiowaves because they thought the dead could be talked to.

Stop being emotional. Even if there was no religon people would find something else. Its not religon its people. What was WW2 and WW1 about. How many people did Stalin kill. How many people have the Chinese Government killed for the sake of communism

There you go making assumptions. Im a heathen I worship the Norse Gods.

I hope you have read my post.

Bullshit. They might believe in Religion, but it is not their reason to do things. Newton was very Christian in his actions too, wasn't he? You think because they were forced to believe in God (yes, everyone was forced then) all their thinking was inspired by Religion. Idiotic reasoning.

Yes, the Islam did have some advancements. Because they were the first to rediscover the Philosophy and Science of the Greeks. Then again you are probably going to claim they just advanced scientifically because they believed in Zeus and such.

Even if that was true, so what? Luckily Scientists today are not forced to pretend to believe in a Deity. They might do for other reasons, but many don't.
You are claiming that every Religious scientist was only able to produce his thinking because of Religion. That is totally ridiculous..and you do not even know if they were actually Religious at all or just had to pretend to be accepted in their society.

I am not emotional. just stating the facts. We would be better off with Religion as it is now. That's a fact. I am not saying that everything but Religion is good. Communism and Fascism are just as bad in my opinion. But Religion sucks big time.

I don't see what I assumed. Could you enlighten me?

Kinneary
Yes but what about all the inventions and scientfic progress made by religous people???? Religon itself isnt even a bad thing. Why are you arguing it from that angle???
I'm arguing it from the belief that some atheists have in which they're under the impression that as an atheist they have some sort of moral highground. You have to do that with elitists.

Which is the same thing.

And people are dangerous. Not religion.

Alfheim
Bullshit. They might believe in Religion, but it is not their reason to do things. Newton was very Christian in his actions too, wasn't he? You think because they were forced to believe in God (yes, everyone was forced then) all their thinking was inspired by Religion. Idiotic reasoning.

No not at all. I dont have the quotes on me but to parapharse what Newton said...he said that science proves the existence of God because when you observe Nature you see form and structure not Chaos. So science in his opinion reinforced his beliefs.

Yes, the Islam did have some advancements. Because they were the first to rediscover the Philosophy and Science of the Greeks. Then again you are probably going to claim they just advanced scientifically because they believed in Zeus and such.

No im saying people are motivated by different reasons. An atheist doesnt use religon to inspire himself but relgious people do thats how they work for example

homas Alva Edison. Edison was a self-taught genius who believed that he could build anything if he had the right components to do it. Edison was an agnostic all of his life, never disputing the teachings of organized religion, but never embracing them either. He believed that somewhere in the universe was a great intelligence but he doubted that it had any interest in man. He claimed that when a person died, the body decayed, but the intelligence that it possessed lived on. He though the so-called "spirit world" was simply a limbo where disembodied intelligence waited to move on

Look at this bit below...

He took these beliefs one step further by announcing that he intended to device a means of communication with the spirit world. In October of 1920, an article appeared in American Magazine entitled "Edison Working to Communicate with the Next World". This was one of the many magazines who were trying to confirm that Edison was indeed attempting to communicate with the dead.

Thats an example of how religous people think. his beliefs inspired him to invent.

Even if that was true, so what? Luckily Scientists today are not forced to pretend to believe in a Deity. They might do for other reasons, but many don't.

There are lots of of scientists that are religous.

You are claiming that every Religious scientist was only able to produce his thinking because of Religion.

Thats how religous people work. They belive that inspiration comes from a divine source or they are motivated to use science to prove their beliefs such as Thomas Edison.

That is totally ridiculous..and you do not even know if they were actually Religious at all or just had to pretend to be accepted in their society.

Well there are still religous inventors now.

I am not emotional. just stating the facts. We would be better off with Religion as it is now. That's a fact. I am not saying that everything but Religion is good. Communism and Fascism are just as bad in my opinion. But Religion sucks big time.

Yes you are...its not relgion its human beings. Even if religon was eradicated people would find something else. Look at WW1 and 2.

I don't see what I assumed. Could you enlighten me?

I already have.

And people are dangerous. Not religion.

Furthermore

Einstein

“Strenuous labour and the contemplation of God’s nature are the angels which, reconciling, fortifying, and yet mercilessly severe, will guide me through the tumults of life.”

Nobody forced him.

Alfheim
Heres more:

Isaac A. Rehn (1815-1883) was a spiritualist and a highly successful commercial photographer and inventor.

As I said before the spiritualist moevment was responsible for alot of inventions to do with radiowaves, x-rays etc. It may have been a relgious time but it was not a time wher you could be killed if you were not religous. The whole point of the movement was to prove life after death.

Also Newton was not forced to belive in what he did. He lived a life of solitude, nobody would do that to themselves if they did not ahve conviction in what they believed.

Kinneary
I won't go so far as to say all, or even most, religious scientists use their faith as a reason for their interest in science.

I think it's possible to be religious without being a zealot.

Alfheim
I won't go so far as to say all, or even most, religious scientists use their faith as a reason for their interest in science.

Yes thats true but if you look at Newton, Einstien and The Spiritualist movement the motivating factor was religon. I used to have a book on muslim scientist they were also inspired by religon.

The point im trying to make is religon can also be a force for progress.

PVS

yes, its very possible to make scientific breakthroughs in spite of religious beliefs. however religion still tends to be the restricting factor and never the catalyst.

anyway, this point that everyone is debating is irrelevant to the topic. restricting religion is just another means of squashing individual freedom, which is the same motive of oppressive theocracies and attempts at such as we see in the u.s. today.

kinda like fascism and communism. both at extreme ends of the political scale, but leading to the same exact ends when we see it applied as opposed to in theory. so defending one extreme is no solution, or else its the tired old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" folly

xmarksthespot
When the topic is about whether religion can be motivation for war or bigotry, the opponents of such an assertion state that it is the people not the religion. When the topic is about whether religion can be motivation for ingenuity, the proponents of such an assertion emphasise the importance of the religion. And vice versa for proponents of the former who also often happen to be opponents of the latter.

The innovative minds, desire for knowledge and inquisitive nature would still be present in those who have achieved success in the sciences. Likewise bigots would still be bigots regardless of whether they had religion as a crutch.

Taking a more institutional view, yes the common religions generally are restrictive of scientific progress rather than supportive.

On the actual thread topic. I don't personally see the need for religion, but I don't think that the right should be taken away to practice religion, in so much as it doesn't harm others.

Darth_Erebus
China has the right idea. All religions should be banned.

dirkdirden
Looks like I'm moving to china to get away from retards.

Alfheim
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Looks like I'm moving to china to get away from retards.

Well they will just kill you if you dont follow Communism instead.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
China has the right idea. All religions should be banned. thumb up The UK isn't too far behind, less than 8% are religious aparently.

Mr. Sandman

Yes. Religion sucks dirty butthole.

Green Arrow
Good, maybe all the liberals in this country will move to China then. I'm not suprised, China is a communism.

Now, do I think it's right? Ofcourse not. But, it's not my problem. It's China, not America. My only concern is the well-being of America and it's inhabitance.

lord xyz
Alfheim, why are you spamming the thread with your proaganda? Science did not happen due to religion, which is basically what you're saying. And Francis Bacon's quote was that too much philosophy leads to religion, making it almost as bad. Bacon was an atheist or an agnostic, he always saw atheism as good and religion as bad.

Robtard
As previously stated, this is just another tool for further government control over it's subjects. One freedom taken away today will eventually lead too more tomorrow. All those debating that China has the right idea in banning religion and taking away this right; you wouldn't be so quick to agree if they did the reverse and made religion mandatory... Why not?

Green Arrow
Originally posted by Robtard
As previously stated, this is just another tool for further government control over it's subjects. One freedom taken away today will eventually lead to more tomorrow. All those debating that China has the right idea in banning religion and taking away this right; you wouldn't be so quick to agree if they did the reverse and made religion mandatory... Why not?
Exactly. The only differance between fascism and communism is one expect you to worship thier god, the other expects you to worship thier state.

Alfheim
Alfheim, why are you spamming the thread with your proaganda?

What? So basically you're just going to ignore everything I put down. You're going to ignore.

Sir Isaac Newton
Einstein
Muslim inventors
Sir Thomas Edison

So basically you are a waste of time you are one of these people who just ignore things because they dont like it.

Science did not happen due to religion, which is basically what you're saying.

Er no im saying that religon has contributed alot to science.

And Francis Bacon's quote was that too much philosophy leads to religion, making it almost as bad. Bacon was an atheist or an agnostic, he always saw atheism as good and religion as bad.

Im sorry you're going to have to get me a quote for that. Wiki blantantly says he had spritual beliefs, and no that doesn't seem to be what he is saying.

Alfheim

ysh227
Although I don't really like communist laws, I think China does it wise this time....
They ban religions because they are very aware that religions are the main blurs to our world, and banning religions will redu8ce more violent acts.

So if you are a liberal, and you'd like to move to a country where has less religious threats, come to Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong.

Most young people really don't give a damn about religions in those Asian nations.

It's sad that US is the only nation with the best technology available, because US is such a religious nation...
I am feeling bad...

Although I really think communism is very tranic, Mr. Bush and republicans are worse.........

Come to Japan or other nations with less religious influences, you will love there....

And I think religion is such a waste in our existing world...

Kinneary
Do you have any idea what it's like to live in Japan?

Green Arrow
Do you have any idea what it's like to live in Japan?
Crowded, overpriced, and way too sexual so I'm afraid everyone's got an std.

ysh227
Religion is a waste

Alfheim
Although I don't really like communist laws, I think China does it wise this time....
They ban religions because they are very aware that religions are the main blurs to our world, and banning religions will redu8ce more violent acts.

So if you are a liberal, and you'd like to move to a country where has less religious threats, come to Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong.

Most young people really don't give a damn about religions in those Asian nations.

It's sad that US is the only nation with the best technology available, because US is such a religious nation...
I am feeling bad...

Although I really think communism is very tranic, Mr. Bush and republicans are worse.........

Come to Japan or other nations with less religious influences, you will love there....

And I think religion is such a waste in our existing world...

There not doing it for that reason! roll eyes (sarcastic)

reggie_jax
i hope all the people that think telling people what they are allowed to believe in is a good idea are shipped of to ching chong chinaland.

xmarksthespot
Er no im saying that religon has contributed alot to science.At a personal level it can at best be credited as one of many possible motivations one may have an inquisitive nature about the mechanisms underlying the natural world, and consequently may pursue science. However these same people would likely still have other reasons to motivate them in the absence of religion.

At an institutional level, religion has very often been hindrance rather than help for scientific advancement.

Eis

That's my feeling
so although banning religion freedom might seem to be rude, there are reasons...or why do they need to do that?
Your knowledge on contemporary Chinese history is absolute crap. Unless you take pleasure in humiliating yourself, refrain yourself from ever making a thread on a subject which you obviously know so little of.

ysh227
Wehn technology takes over our world, banning religions will be available everywhere

Alfheim
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
At a personal level it can at best be credited as one of many possible motivations one may have an inquisitive nature about the mechanisms underlying the natural world, and consequently may pursue science. However these same people would likely still have other reasons to motivate them in the absence of religion.

Ok.

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

At an institutional level, religion has very often been hindrance rather than help for scientific advancement.

Well yes but I think also it has been very often not a hindrance. Again Islam in the middle ages, the Christian monks were very educated and studied medicine and some of them architecture. Then there are the druids.....

Kasey Chambers

I am an Athiest, and I don't agree with banning religion, as such, although I do think religious freedom should perhaps be somewhat restricted. I believe there is, in fact, too much religious freedom.

I also don't understand why Americans are so upset over this. It is not their country, therefore none of their concern.

Kinneary
By that logic Darfur and Rawanda shouldn't haven been/be touched either.

Alfheim
Wehn technology takes over our world, banning religions will be available everywhere

Thats a load of crap you haven't heard anything I have just said.

Capt_Fantastic

That's my feeling

I think it's wrong to ban religion. However I think there should be a complete and total seperation of church and state. Churches should be taxed. Known religious leaders should be banned from running for political office. And a very descisive line should be drawn between what is up for public debate and what is a matter of personal concerns that need not be debated in a public manner.

I don't think it's possible to wipe out religion. It may be possible to severely restrict organized religions. But I doubt any government can squash religion on every level. It's existence is a result of the human condition.

I'm not sure where the correlation between religious freedom and technology is coming from in your mind.

Originally posted by Eis
Your knowledge on contemporary Chinese history is absolute crap. Unless you take pleasure in humiliating yourself, refrain yourself from ever making a thread on a subject which you obviously know so little of.

Speak up and tell us where he's wrong. You're in a position to enlighten us.

Eis
Well first of all I am quite sure it is illegal for private organizations to conduct surveys on religion here. All the info that's available is most likely government given.
Second Taoism is very hard to define but people here that practice Taoism in one or other way are by the hundreds of millions.

And also, Chinese government doesn't ban religion freedom because they are afraid of Christian fundamentalists but because they don't want people following any other kind of thought other than theirs.
By the way, almost all religions are allowed now a days anyway, I've seen Catholic churches, meccas, Mormon temples, Jewish synagogues, etc.

dirkdirden

Naz

A rise in technology does not give a government to the right to infringe its people's rights.

Gregory
Of course there's a reason. The same reason Stalin banned religious freedom; churches have power, and if there's one thing Communist dictatorships hate, it's competition.

Alfheim

lord xyz
Originally posted by Green Arrow
Crowded, overpriced, and way too sexual so I'm afraid everyone's got an std. This counts as racism.

Green Arrow
This counts as racism.
You've never been to Japan, so you're ignorant on the subject. I know many people from Japan and they've told me it's not a nice place to be.

PVS
oh, you, whob from the intranetz, know someone who told you. well, i guess this issue is closed roll eyes (sarcastic)

Green Arrow
Originally posted by PVS
oh, you, whob from the intranetz, know someone who told you. well, i guess this issue is closed roll eyes (sarcastic)
Guess so. Don't you just feel crunchy.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by PVS

PVS, you think every new idoitic member is whob, don't you? laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
PVS, you think every new idoitic member is whob, don't you? laughing out loud

no, i just know whob's patterns of posting.
i am correct regardless of how funny and silly it all is.
he has a dynamic i.p. or is using a proxy. either way the mods cant
i.p. ban his loser ass, and so there are quite a few active whob accounts.

Green Arrow
The same could be said about you. It's not very welcoming to come here for the first time to have some pissy liberal point his finger "Whob! Whob! Sock account Sock account!" Foaming at the mouth.

You know, for someone that does drugs, you sure are high strong.. (And yes, I know you do drugs cause you're liberal heehee.)

PVS
The same could be said about you. It's not very welcoming to come here for the first time to have some pissy liberal point his finger "Whob! Whob! Sock account Sock account!" Foaming at the mouth.

You know, for someone that does drugs, you sure are high strong.. (And yes, I know you do drugs cause you're liberal heehee.)

-fin wink

Quiero Mota

laughing Definitely whob!

lord xyz
Originally posted by Eis
Your knowledge on contemporary Chinese history is absolute crap. Unless you take pleasure in humiliating yourself, refrain yourself from ever making a thread on a subject which you obviously know so little of. I tend to ignore things like that and get to the point. But I don't blame you really.

You know, for someone that does drugs, you sure are high strong.. (And yes, I know you do drugs cause you're liberal heehee.) Funny how you seem to know who whob is isn't it? Then again, if you are whob, you're a lot smarter, and I mean really, before whob (or you) wasn't even readable and just replied everything with thumb up.

Kinneary
This counts as racism.
No it doesn't. It's the truth.

Alfheim
Oh yeah and another thing Columbus didn't discover America.

office jesus
Oh yeah and another thing Columbus didn't discover America.

Nope. The Vikings did.

Oncewhite
That's terrible, some of my fondest childhood readings are in memories of reading about China and their religious philosophy. Maybe they're thinking that religion causes too much infighting, they think it's the religion that's the problem, not the way they see an opponent or someone who thinks differently, is everyone who thinks differently an opponent? An enemy? Anyone who thinks differently must die?

I don't know.

I just recall having good childhood memories of reading about some of the ancient Chinese philosophers.

noopy
No, I don't. From a personal view, that is. In an uncaring view, yes it is because it allows for a greater control of the tool that is the population.

Alfheim
Originally posted by office jesus
Nope. The Vikings did.

Well in fact there were probably people who discovered America before the Vikings. Saying who discovered America is like saying who discovered England.

lil bitchiness

That's my feeling

I doubt the religion is restricted because of economic progress. I don't really see how allowing religion will result in an economic slow down.

As its been said before, the reason for such restriction is the restriction of freedoms in general.

Alfheim
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I doubt the religion is restricted because of economic progress. I don't really see how allowing religion will result in an economic slow down.

As its been said before, the reason for such restriction is the restriction of freedoms in general.

No its because of religon all religious people are stupid. wink

PVS
No its because of religon all religious people are stupid. wink

religion is not the cause, but rather a symptom.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS

So for you religion correlates with stupidity?

Alfheim
Originally posted by PVS

Bro....im being sarcastic. At any rate I dont neccesarily think that religon has to cause any symptoms its just that people are jerks and just use it as an excuse.

PVS
So for you religion correlates with stupidity?

in the case of those who 'know' there is a (their) god, yes.
fear, weakness, and stupidity.
imho it takes bravery to confront the possibility that you just die, rot in the ground, and thats that. many people of faith ponder this, and accept that logic dictates that they might be mistaken. to brainwash ones self into knowing for certain that you go to happy land when you die and are rewarded for eternity
for worshipping the right god and accepting/hating the right people, imho, is an act of idiocy in its most pure form.

so its not like i hate religion. i just hate people that consider religion fact. they are imho the root of all evil

Alfheim
Originally posted by PVS
in the case of those who 'know' there is a (their) god, yes.
fear, weakness, and stupidity.
imho it takes bravery to confront the possibility that you just die, rot in the ground, and thats that. many people of faith ponder this, and accept that logic dictates that they might be mistaken. to brainwash ones self into knowing for certain that you go to happy land when you die and are rewarded for eternity
for worshipping the right god and accepting/hating the right people, imho, is an act of idiocy in its most pure form.

I dunno man. You athiests kill me. sad

PVS
*edit*

lil bitchiness
Not all religions dictate that, and particulary so in Far East and Asia. Ancient Chinese religions, including Tao, Zen and Buddhism do not endorse the idea of heaven.

PVS

im not an athiest. did you perhaps misread something in my post or are you just an idiot?

PVS
Not all religions dictate that, and particulary so in Far East and Asia. Ancient Chinese religions, including Tao, Zen and Buddhism do not endorse the idea of heaven.

hey, so long as its not enforced or imposed, and as long as nonbelievers are not cast aside and dehumanised, it really doesnt fall into the scope of what im saying.

but then again, what im saying really doesnt apply to the topic, so i guess ill leave it at that

Bardock42

We might.

Anyways, upon reviewing my feelings. I decided that I do not like ban of freedoms....even religious ones...though I have to admit at times I had the urge to break some religious people's heads. But I deal with my weakness. I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd

Alfheim
Originally posted by PVS
im not an athiest. did you perhaps misread something in my post or are you just an idiot?

Now theres no need for that. I made a mistake ok, and with some people on this forum I think its understandable.

We might.

Anyways, upon reviewing my feelings. I decided that I do not like ban of freedoms....even religious ones...though I have to admit at times I had the urge to break some religious people's heads. But I deal with my weakness. I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd

Ok thats fair enough.

dirkdirden
We might.

Pulp fiction quote always a nice touch.

Bardock42
What makes you think that? Oh, haha, paedophilia, I get it. A stitch. Anyways, I do not hate Religion that much when I think about it cool headed, I do not like the moral code that some want to press on others though. For example I think Homosexuals should have the right to marry each other if they want. I do not like that the major Religions are opposed to it and kept it from happening, yet. I also think a woman has the right to choose over her body. She can't be forced to have a parasite in her for 9 months. Which is why I am for abortion, while the major Religions against aren't. Basically as a liberal I feel that we have no right to keep rights away from others as long as they wouldn't harm anyone. I have no problem with liberal religious people. Many are very authoritarian though. And as the idiot I am, I often generalize and feel a hate towards all Religion, but as I said. I work on it.

BTW, directed at Alfheim and his funny joke.

PVS
Now theres no need for that. I made a mistake ok, and with some people on this forum I think its understandable.

no need for what?
so you misread. good thing i asked, right?

Alfheim
What makes you think that? Oh, haha, paedophilia, I get it. A stitch. Anyways, I do not hate Religion that much when I think about it cool headed, I do not like the moral code that some want to press on others though. For example I think Homosexuals should have the right to marry each other if they want. I do not like that the major Religions are opposed to it and kept it from happening, yet. I also think a woman has the right to choose over her body. She can't be forced to have a parasite in her for 9 months. Which is why I am for abortion, while the major Religions against aren't. Basically as a liberal I feel that we have no right to keep rights away from others as long as they wouldn't harm anyone. I have no problem with liberal religious people. Many are very authoritarian though. And as the idiot I am, I often generalize and feel a hate towards all Religion, but as I said. I work on it.

BTW, directed at Alfheim and his funny joke.

Damn edit edit edit. stick out tongue Yes Bardock I can understand that. I am very religous but I got no problem with gays, sex before marriage etc.

Bardock42
Damn edit edit edit. stick out tongue Yes Bardock I can understand that. I am very religous but I got no problem with gays, sex before marriage etc.

Good, we are fine then...you believe in your God and I...well, I just don't. Deal?

Alfheim
Good, we are fine then...you believe in your God and I...well, I just don't. Deal?

Welllll....I still think you're a bit of perve but apart from that were fine. I dont hate you as much as I did 5 minutes ago. laughing out loud

Er yeah deal.

Bardock42
Welllll....I still think you're a bit of perve but apart from that were fine. I dont hate you as much as I did 5 minutes ago. laughing out loud

Er yeah deal.

Hmm, i can work on that too. Why do you think I am a pervert? And awesome, it is always good to make people hate you less.

Alfheim
Hmm, i can work on that too. Why do you think I am a pervert? And awesome, it is always good to make people hate you less.

Dont wanna get into it nevermind. no expression

Bardock42
Dont wanna get into it nevermind. no expression

I want to know. I need to better myself. I am a bad person...nah, I actually don't believe that. But anyways.

Alfheim
I want to know. I need to better myself. I am a bad person...nah, I actually don't believe that. But anyways.

Well ok we'll just leave it at that.

Bardock42
Well ok we'll just leave it at that.

Yeah...so...them chinese ban freedoms and stuff, eh?

Alfheim
Yeah...so...them chinese ban freedoms and stuff, eh? laughing Anyway I gotta go.

goatstradamus
IMO Restricting religious freedom is wrong. I'd say humans are probably naturally spiritual beings and should have the right to believe and practice what they want as long as its doing no harm. Besides that, like others already said.. its just part of a restricting of freedom in general.

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

lord xyz
Originally posted by goatstradamus
IMO Restricting religious freedom is wrong. I'd say humans are probably naturally spiritual beings and should have the right to believe and practice what they want as long as its doing no harm. Exactly why they're banning it.

Lord Urizen

That's my feeling

How is it productive to torture someone for being Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, etc ? It's not better than religious persecution....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.