The best Web Browser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
I have used AOL, IE and Firefox. I used FF the most because of it's use of tabs and shortcuts. I saw AOL and IE as shit in comparison. But, using AOL, I've seen it as a lot better than what I thought. I mean, I've never got a virus via AOL, it's never crashed and it's pretty safe and fast.

So this got me thinking, what's the best web browser ever, and which do you use and prefer?

PVS
wrong forum me thinks

lord xyz
Originally posted by PVS
wrong forum me thinks Not really, threads about discussing which web browser they prefer and why, things like that. Which is the best web browser basically.

dirkdirden
I use FF

RedAlertv2
Firefox is better than IE but Ive never used AOL

botankus
Isn't there some kind of Computer Tech forum at KMC?

You have to give me some credit here, for I was very polite in phrasing that question. It could have been a lot worse.

lord xyz
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Firefox is better than IE but Ive never used AOL It's pretty good, but hard to explain.

Shakyamunison
I use Microsoft at work and Firefox at home.

lord xyz
Originally posted by botankus
Isn't there some kind of Computer Tech forum at KMC?

You have to give me some credit here, for I was very polite in phrasing that question. It could have been a lot worse. But that's for help, not discussion.

ThePittman
AOL must DIE!!!!!!!!

I use Firefox all the time but use IE to check my work since IE has about 70% or the market.

PVS
i use a mac at work. safari sucks major ass

lord xyz
Originally posted by ThePittman
AOL must DIE!!!!!!!!

I use Firefox all the time but use IE to check my work since IE has about 70% or the market. America On Line doesn't.

Fishy
I use Firefox for everything except for online banking and Microsoft updates. I don't like using IE Tab for those two things.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by PVS
i use a mac at work. safari sucks major ass

Yes, it does. That's why I DL firefox onto every mac i ever use.

debbiejo
I just changed over to Firefox, FoxFire..whatever it's called, and I like it.......... cool

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo
I just changed over to Firefox, FoxFire..whatever it's called, and I like it.......... cool FoxFire?

debbiejo
Well you know, the one with the flame on it.........ok FF.

lord xyz
Well you know, the one with the flame on it.........ok FF. Firefox.

debbiejo
I said that.

ThePittman

Gregory
I usually use Safari; it's pretty good, although it occasionally gets a little unstable (quitting without explanation). If not Safari, I use Firefox.

botankus
I try to use DingleBerry, but occasionally I switch over to LoafPincher.

lord xyz

ThePittman
Originally posted by lord xyz
Okay I'll admit AOL has had a bad history, but AOL 9 is very good. Fast easy and efficiant, unlike the previous ones. I also have AOL broadband which is again fast, easy and efficient. Although I agree that Firefox is better than AOL. I did internet support for two years and the amount of stupid users that called about 70% of they were on AOL. I have had people not even know what they desktop was or how to open up IE plus as a web programmer you have to make special code just for AOL because they are not compatible with many programming languages.

Spearhead
I use IE, but that's because the one time I installed FF, my computer's hard drive died shortly thereafter...I know they're unrelated, but nonetheless, it gives me bad memories >.>

crazylozer
Opera.

Mr. Sandman
Okay I'll admit AOL has had a bad history, but AOL 9 is very good. Fast easy and efficiant, unlike the previous ones. I also have AOL broadband which is again fast, easy and efficient. Although I agree that Firefox is better than AOL.

It's because AOL browser is based on the Netscape Code.

Guess who invented the original Netscape coding?

The guys who are now making Firefox.

smoker4
I use Firefox but i keep forgetting to think in Russian

§P0oONY
Use the new IE on one computer, FF on another and Opera on another.

The new IE is like an unresponsive FF, it's dreadful. I like Opera's layout but FF is generally faster and has more add-ons and themes.

Bardock42
SlimBrowser. It is excellent. I have Firefox as Backup I believe, though it is of no need..ever.

debbiejo
SlimBrowser. It is excellent. I have Firefox as Backup I believe, though it is of no need..ever.

. Oh Bardock, what you have sounds like a yummy samdwich............hmmmmmmm sorry..............

*must look for food now*

lord xyz
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
It's because AOL browser is based on the Netscape Code.

Guess who invented the original Netscape coding?

The guys who are now making Firefox. Cool.

Originally posted by ThePittman
I did internet support for two years and the amount of stupid users that called about 70% of they were on AOL. I have had people not even know what they desktop was or how to open up IE plus as a web programmer you have to make special code just for AOL because they are not compatible with many programming languages. Yes, AOL is for noobs, but so what? It's better than IE.

Atlantis001

Bardock42

Fishy

lord xyz
Originally posted by Fishy
Faster more efficient, plug-ins better functionality more options, and it looks prettier smile Tabs, Bookmark Toolbar and Keyboard shortcuts are reason enough to get it. Speaking of...

All FF users press Ctrl+W now.

debbiejo
I used to get confused about the "close tabs".....when I did, well.......I lost it all, but then someone pointed out..."Look, you just click on this bar up there"........Ohhhhhhh.. blink

Though if you get logged off or booted or something it has a nice "Go back to Session", that I do like................. big grin

xmarksthespot
I'm using Firefox right now. Tabbed browsing is useful.

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm using Firefox right now. Tabbed browsing is useful.

SlimBrowser has that too. Use it.

lord xyz
All FF users press Ctrl+W now.

Bardock42

Haha, that's funny. Cause it closes the tab. Haha, hilarious.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Bardock42
SlimBrowser has that too. Use it. It sounds sort of like a diet, or an anorexic dating site. But we'll see.

debbiejo
It sounds sort of like a diet, or an anorexic dating site. But we'll see. I said it sounded like a sandwich.........we have one here called a "slim Jim"..........hmmm ham stacked on swiss on a Grecian roll all toasted and long....... and yummy sauce........ cool

Bardock42
It sounds sort of like a diet, or an anorexic dating site. But we'll see.

I agree. If it wasn't so amazingly awesome I wouldn't have it.

xmarksthespot
I said it sounded like a sandwich.........we have one here called a "slim Jim"..........hmmm ham stacked on swiss on a Grecian roll all toasted and long....... and yummy sauce........ cool I'd hit it.

lord xyz
Haha, that's funny. Cause it closes the tab. Haha, hilarious. About as funny as dead babies. smile

Bardock42
About as funny as dead babies. smile

No. Dead Babies are comedy gold. You ...just aren't.

lord xyz
No. Dead Babies are comedy gold. You ...just aren't. I'm getting there atleast.

Bardock42
I'm getting there atleast.

You think?

lord xyz
You think? I know. Everyone I know says I'm funny.

Bardock42
I know. Everyone I know says I'm funny.

Why do they lie?

lord xyz
Why do they lie? *sigh* You're sad, you know that?

Bardock42
*sigh* You're sad, you know that?

And you are dumb. You know that?

lord xyz
And you are dumb. You know that? Ha, once again, you don't know me. Insult my intelligence all you want, it won't change the fact that I'm one of the smartest in my School.

Bardock42
Ha, once again, you don't know me. Insult my intelligence all you want, it won't change the fact that I'm one of the smartest in my School.

Good, prove it to us here.

Lana
AOL isn't that great, and I've never known anyone who used it and didn't have tons of problems.

IE...well, it's a mess, I'll leave it at that. It's unstable and full of security holes and I really don't trust it.

I use Firefox, it works well, I like the plugins for it, I love tabs...and if I'm working on something or need IE to view something? I simply use IE Tab.

I tried out Opera, Slimbrowser, and a few others, and didn't really care for them. FF is the best, I think.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Lana
AOL isn't that great, and I've never known anyone who used it and didn't have tons of problems.

IE...well, it's a mess, I'll leave it at that. It's unstable and full of security holes and I really don't trust it.

I use Firefox, it works well, I like the plugins for it, I love tabs...and if I'm working on something or need IE to view something? I simply use IE Tab.

I tried out Opera, Slimbrowser, and a few others, and didn't really care for them. FF is the best, I think. Yes, AOL has problems. But when you finally log on, it's okay.

Fishy
Yes, AOL has problems. But when you finally log on, it's okay.

So the browser works fine? Logging on is just difficult? That definitly deserves a top spot in the best browser list then. After all who wants to even use their browser? Using your browser is for wussies.

lord xyz
So the browser works fine? Logging on is just difficult? That definitly deserves a top spot in the best browser list then. After all who wants to even use their browser? Using your browser is for wussies. no expression

99% of the time log ins are successful.

Lana
Yes, AOL has problems. But when you finally log on, it's okay.

Assuming it allows you to stay connected, of course.

Fishy
no expression

99% of the time log ins are successful.

Then 1% of the time it's not, and thats far to much. Firefox hell even IE has a 100% success rate of launching... I'd take them over AOL any day.

lord xyz
Then 1% of the time it's not, and thats far to much. Firefox hell even IE has a 100% success rate of launching... I'd take them over AOL any day. By using IE and even FF you get viruses, don't get that with AOL.

Fishy
By using IE and even FF you get viruses, don't get that with AOL.

Of course you don't, it's kinda hard to get a virus if you can't even launch the damn thing.

And only idiots get viruses with IE or Firefox, Idiots or people who refuse to download patches, and they are generally idiots.

lord xyz
Of course you don't, it's kinda hard to get a virus if you can't even launch the damn thing.

And only idiots get viruses with IE or Firefox, Idiots or people who refuse to download patches, and they are generally idiots. Now you're just being ignorantly arrogant.

Fishy
Now you're just being ignorantly arrogant.

Perhaps, but at least my browser actually launches when I press the shortcut.

Lana

Umm, yes you can get a virus with AOL. It's not freaking perfect.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Lana
Umm, yes you can get a virus with AOL. It's not freaking perfect. I never got a virus from AOL, but that's probably just me.

Darth_Erebus
IE 7, Firefox, and Netscape 8 are all very similar. Netscape is probably the most versatile overall. AOL sucks, I've never cared for it. As for viruses, that has absolutely nothing to do with your browser. It's all about the websites you visit, whether or not you utilize file sharing, and your anti virus software.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
IE 7, Firefox, and Netscape 8 are all very similar. Netscape is probably the most versatile overall. AOL sucks, I've never cared for it. As for viruses, that has absolutely nothing to do with your browser. It's all about the websites you visit, whether or not you utilize file sharing, and your anti virus software.

Not entirely true, IE has a lot more confirmed security leaks then any other browser making it easier to write viruses that can come in through IE or use leaks in IE to get what they want then through other less popular browser. Of course this will likely change when other browsers become more and more popular, seeing as the market for spreading viruses will be more interesting.

office jesus
Firefox. Used to use Opera before I discovered FF. Opera was alright, but it was kind of slow for the computer I was using at the time.

ThePittman
I never got a virus from AOL, but that's probably just me. pitt_shifty that you know of....

Darth Jello
firefox

Strangelove
All FF users press Ctrl+W now. laughing out loud you ass

I had AOL as my first ISP, and it was awful. Granted, that was back when I had dial-up, but in all AOL royally ****ed my computer over. I used IE for a long time, before my brother got me on Firefox, and I will never use anything else. It's convenient, fast and very efficient.

it has the Strangelove Seal of Approval thumbsup

lord xyz
Originally posted by Strangelove
laughing out loud you ass

I had AOL as my first ISP, and it was awful. Granted, that was back when I had dial-up, but in all AOL royally ****ed my computer over. I used IE for a long time, before my brother got me on Firefox, and I will never use anything else. It's convenient, fast and very efficient.

it has the Strangelove Seal of Approval thumbsup laughing out loud I had AOL back when I had dial up, it was all I used. Then I got FireFox, and now that's all I used. But since my computer got ****ed I had to use my Dad's computer and he only has AOL and IE. I prefer AOL, but I use IE when I can't be bothered to log in, like now!

Kayne Archeron
i'm definately an Opera person, FireFox tends to close windows for no reason, no matter what computer i use

fancyboy

This has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board. AOL is a haven for Viri.

fancyboy
AOL is also not a web browser. It has IE embedded in it. So when you use AOL you use IE.

lord xyz
Originally posted by fancyboy
AOL is also not a web browser. It has IE embedded in it. So when you use AOL you use IE. I guess.

Originally posted by fancyboy
This has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board. AOL is a haven for Viri. I never got one from AOL. I got viruses from IE and FF but never AOL. AOL has an anti-virus protection thing, and it's better than microsoft anti-virus protection imo.

debbiejo
Why does my FF keep saying "Program not responding, must close"?? sad sad

Though I do like the quick response of "let the tabs be back".......well it doesn't say it quite like that! But it's like a miracle...........blessed be the net god!!

quickshot
FF definitely i used it since i got broadband and its brilliant. My bt yahoo browsers okay but i don't like the way its got tons of shortcuts

Dusty
Firefox. smile

lord xyz
Originally posted by Dusty
Firefox. smile Well, it is better than IE, but then again, everything is.

Bardock42
Well, it is better than IE, but then again, everything is.

IE pwns Firefox in my book.

Fishy
IE pwns Firefox in my book.

You should take some reading classes.

Bardock42
You should take some reading classes.

...I disagree.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Safari, but that's only because I'm super cool and have an Apple.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Safari, but that's only because I'm super cool and have an Apple. Yeah, well, I get to right click.

Bigon
What are your favourite internet browsers? I use Internet Explorer, FireFox, SeaMonkey, Netscape and Opera.

I have heard that Internet Explorer is susceptible to spyware sad mad

Tattoo
Firefox, the second f is not capitalized.

Dinglehopper
Internet Explorer

Hidden Lotus
AT&T and Yahoo!131
they are joined

Tattoo
Originally posted by Dinglehopper
Internet Explorer

I'm so sorry. sad

Hidden Lotus
Originally posted by Tattoo
I'm so sorry. sad

hysterical

Bigon
pm me dinglehopper sweetie and I will tell you some necessary security precautions you must take if you use it.

Hidden Lotus
Originally posted by Bigon
pm me dinglehopper sweetie and I will tell you some necessary security precautions you must take if you use it.
i used to use it and nothing happenedconfused

Tattoo
Rachel, run! He's trying to hit on you!

Bigon
Tattoo is warped.

SpartanII
flock and firefox. tried opera and netscape, didn't float my boat. I use opera on my wii, but thats it.

Tattoo
Tattoo speaks the truth, Tattoo also speaks 3rd person. 131

Hidden Lotus
Rachel, run! He's trying to hit on you!

i iz131

SpartanII
Tattoo speaks the truth, Tattoo also speaks 3rd person. 131

tatto has once again changed his name vin

srsly, im just kidding. I never seen your ink.

Tattoo
Originally posted by SpartanII
tatto has once again changed his name vin

srsly, im just kidding. I never seen your ink.

I thought everyone has.

MR.Grum
Mozilla!!! fire fox

dave_kodak
im starting to like Opera

MR.Grum
wtf is opera

dave_kodak
http://www.opera.com/ Opera

MR.Grum
o yea that crap the wii uses

dave_kodak
the Wii has it?

MR.Grum
Originally posted by dave_kodak
the Wii has it? yea

Tattoo
the Wii has it?

The Wii uses Opera. yes

dave_kodak
well i like it, mainly due to the fact my FF wont work, and my IE is too slow.

MR.Grum
The Wii uses Opera. yes and it omg-sucks

MR.Grum
well i like it, mainly due to the fact my FF wont work, and my IE is too slow. ok

Tattoo
Originally posted by MR.Grum
and it omg-sucks

The final version is leaps and bounds better than the trial version, but yeah...it still kinda sucks. It needs tabbed browsing.

ThePittman
firefox

J-Beowulf
I use firefox, and I think it's great. IE seems so slow and lame now.

Burnt Pancakes
I have FF and IE and I prefer IE. It's faster and looks nicer to me.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
I have FF and IE and I prefer IE. It's faster and looks nicer to me.

Firefox is customizable looks wise.

Strangelove
I have it on Cylence Ruby now 131

Tattoo
Mine is on Pitchdark. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.