Marvel Universe: The End, In Continuity or Not

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Horrificus
For reference, here is the link to the Thread started by Leonidas:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431793&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Is the Jim Starlin story, Marvel Universe: The End, starring Thanos,
In Continuity or Not?

Howard_Jones
It's a possibility.

Black Adam
why did this need a thread if there's already a discussion topic?

Validus
Originally posted by Black Adam
why did this need a thread if there's already a discussion topic?
Because thats how Horrificus rolls.

DDurand
Worst comic story ever. For me, it's not even exist.

Horrificus
I like to beat a problem to death. Then, once it is defeated, I like to throw it's corpse around a little.

guy222
Originally posted by Horrificus
For reference, here is the link to the Thread started by Leonidas:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431793&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Is the Jim Starlin story, Marvel Universe: The End, starring Thanos,
In Continuity or Not?

Not continuity

H. S. 6
Not canon material.

DigiMark007
Hold up a sec...

Thanos actually refers to this while talking with Adam Warlock in his solo series (which is canon).

He said that no one else besides the two of them remembered it.

So it has been referenced in a canon comic. I tend to think that it actually happened.

Priest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hold up a sec...

Thanos actually refers to this while talking with Adam Warlock in his solo series (which is canon).

So it has been referenced in a canon comic. I tend to think that it actually happened.
thumb up
it has to be cannon, in the book thanos does refer to the comic cube, and IG.

Wally West
Yes Thanos does reference it in his solo series which is why I tend to think of it as canon, but the editors at Marvel have come up with some horribly convoluted way to explain it and still make The End not canon, something like it all happened in another universe (not 616). I think its just easier to accept it.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Horrificus
I like to beat a problem to death. Then, once it is defeated, I like to throw it's corpse around a little.
Then you've got a serious problem.

guy222
Originally posted by Wally West
Yes Thanos does reference it in his solo series which is why I tend to think of it as canon, but the editors at Marvel have come up with some horribly convoluted way to explain it and still make The End not canon, something like it all happened in another universe (not 616). I think its just easier to accept it.

Andy Schimdt, i believe.

Super Guy
According to Wikipedia, it took place on soime other Earth... 3421 or something... smile

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hold up a sec...

Exactly. It also states in his Nova Corps files that he destroyed reality before as well. Guess Adam spread the word.

King KAM
Yes its Cannon, Thanos mentions it in his solo series to Adam Warlock, and thanos solo series has to be cannon because at the end of his series he has meet up with fallen one, and Starlord has left the super prison thing where oblivion was being held.

They might be able to say that, the End wasnt cannon, but then that would mean that thanos solo series wasnt cannon and neither is all of Annihilation...which im pretty sure is...

leonidas
courtesy of thedude. smile

<<This is what Andy Schmidt who is an editor from Marvel and currently working on Annihilation had to say about Marvel: The End.

"Someone else answered this later, but just so you get it from me as well: MARVEL UNIVERSE: THE END is an out of continuity story, however, Thanos does refer to some "event" that seemingly bore a similar resemblence to the THE END story that occured some time in between INFINITY ABYSS and THANOS #1."

Also in Akhenaten's profile in OHOTMU A-Z #1 in 2006 it says that he is from the Earth-4321 reality. And it also states "At least some of Earth-4321's events may have occurred in the Earth-616 reality, but the extent of this duplication remains unrevealed."
http://img189.imageshack.us/my.php?...khenatenxl9.jpg

All the other "The End" books were not canon and more of a what if. But the event that happened in Marvel: The End were hinted to in Thanos solo comic and also in the profile for Thanos in Annihilation.>>

dumbest.

explanation.

EVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, it supports the notion that only a universe was destroyed -- if even that much happened in 616. erm

DigiMark007
Boo. Leave it to Marvel to make an incredibly sh*tty explanation to cover up a writer's blunder.

Scoobless
Canon? - thumb up

TheHulkster
Bump

leonidas
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t431793.html

most links are busted, but still lots of fun stuff. thumb up

Endless Mike
IIRC, the comic itself is not canon, but it is strongly implied that something very similar happened, so all of the main plot points should be considered canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.