"My King" by Dr. S.M. Lockridge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138

Nellinator
I've heard this before. His voice makes it seem so much more powerful. I was really moved when I first heard this. Its great stuff.

ESB -1138
Well if you want to hear him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzzPBxKbKdc

Robtard
Long live the King!
http://jubal.westnet.com/hyperdiscordia/sacred_heart_of_elvis.small.gif
``For unto you is born this day in the city of Memphis a Presley, which is Elvis the King.''

Nellinator
Gotta love Elvis.

Shakyamunison
If you believe the bible.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by ESB -1138
My King was born King.

Makes it sound like his surname was King. It would make more sense "My king was born a king."

Reminds me of some other kings throughout history. They say the same thing just with different words. Be it an Egyptian Pharaoh or a deified Caligula. Guess it depends then on what you believe... which claim is more right then other claims just like it. Or maybe none of them are right.

How pushy. Great tactic if you are standing before 5,000 people. Not so good one on one.

Your King? Well, someone has already said Elvis...

Wait... isn't his second coming going to pretty much be God stomping all over civilisation and all man-kinds works?

Uh huh... and what would that be? I've never called upon him to my knowledge, and never received anything... yet I'm still alive and happy. So what needs of mine is is supplying?

Or, alternatively, it is the weak themselves that find inner strength, maybe just being motivated by the claim Jesus is watching them.

But not all of them. Otherwise there wouldn't be all this religious scandal.

Just not on the scale or with the frequency of doctors and science.

When the loan sharks break their legs I bet it is a big comfort to know that at least Jesus doesn't want their money.

Thug: "Fat Don Tony sent us to show you what happens when you don't have his money"
Debtor: "But Jesus discharged my debt."
Thug: "Well, good for you. Sadly though we don't accept Jesus tokens, they don't pay the rent. Now hold still, this might hurt. Alot."

He does? The only times I have seen captives being freed usually involves human intervention. Police, soldiers, charity workers...

By proxy? Once again it tends to be humans doing that, and they aren't exclusively Christian. In fact a good number aren't.

Just not in a physical way... that is once again people.

What, through a telescope?

In an abstract way it seems.

I begin to think "him" is actually "them" - no Jesus, just mortal people.

Funny, what exactly have you been doing in this surgery, overblown sermon Dr. Lockridge? If you can't describe him why go on in such a manner?

debbiejo

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
*sends out Mithra cards for Xmas* roll eyes (sarcastic)

As ironic as it might sound I think it would be "cool" to have alternate deity cards for Christmas. No more wise men or angels, lets have Mithra, or Odin or someone else. Anyone else.

I know I'd put them on my mantle (if I had one. Not having a fire place and all.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.