The "Left Behind" Video Game: Teach Johnny To Kill Non-Christians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69

Gregory
Oh dear.

I don't mind the game, but I do think it's going to be terrible.

Naz
Wow. When I thought that evangelists were crazy enough.

Draco69
Repent or Eat Lead B*tches!!!

http://more4news.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gunsandgod.jpg

Capt_Fantastic
I'm suprised it took this long to get a game like this out. It's no different than hard-core christian punk music. Head-bangers for jesus and the like is all a bunch of pandering to a crowd that really doesn't need to be pandered to. I've been home for a few days now, and the religious programing is ridiculous. I have all these types of channels programmed out at home, but here at my mothers house they're even more abundant. I saw shows like Christ in the City and The Dooly and Pals Show (described as: a fuzzy intergalactic alien and his robot pals learn about life on Earth and how it was created)(WTF!) and one program decribed as only "MOVIE" on the guide. When you check the guide description it says the movie is called: Time of Judgment, a stirring drama about the rapture.

It's pretty sad.

Green Arrow
You're just pissy cause it was about Christianity. Had it been about a drug dealer shooting up rival gangs and assaulting police officers it'd be the super fun Grand Theft Auto!!eleven111!

But because Christians decide to cater to thier own fanbase, (cause obviously non-Christians aren't going to be interested.) everyone gets pissy.

Get over it.

Soleran
I'm so excited about this game, I wanna be a priest and convert crazy folks to see the light!smile

Bardock42
Well, it sounds like a pretty bad game. Though the idea is sweet. I might illegally download it. God wants me to.

Draco69
Originally posted by Green Arrow
You're just pissy cause it was about Christianity. Had it been about a drug dealer shooting up rival gangs and assaulting police officers it'd be the super fun Grand Theft Auto!!eleven111!

But because Christians decide to cater to thier own fanbase, (cause obviously non-Christians aren't going to be interested.) everyone gets pissy.

Get over it.

Nah. As I said I don't mind it since we have GTA.

However I do find it offensive that the object of the game is to kill every Jew, Black, Hindu, Gay, Asian, Catholic and Latino in order to preserve the whit...er...Christian race.

Someone needs Xanax by the way....

JaehSkywalker
whoever made that game is clearly messed up.

no REAL Christian would ever want to do that. either in real life, or in the game itself.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Gregory
Oh dear.

I don't mind the game, but I do think it's going to be terrible.
its things like this that give christians a bad name. well, one of the many things.

MC Mike

Get over it.

Though the Grand Theft Auto franchise, some may argue, reinforces stereotypes, this Christian game reinforces prejudice. Next we should create a video game involving the Final Solution, where we herd, shoot, and burn Jews. It's the same inherent principal. Obviously, the game is a means of expression that shouldn't be censored simply because of its existence, but to not abhor this creation - I don't understand how one could have such a viewpoint.

Capt_Fantastic

Get over it.

I don't play video games at all. They don't cater either, they pander. Do you think Jesus was up on that cross being tortured and thinking about things like this video game? It's just not very christian. So either they've not figured out what Jesus said and taught, or they've chosen to ignore it.

It's just like that show I mentioned. A kids show about aliens learning how god created life on Earth? All this pandering is dilluting their own rhetoric.

Green Arrow
Originally posted by MC Mike
Though the Grand Theft Auto franchise, some may argue, reinforces stereotypes, this Christian game reinforces prejudice. Next we should create a video game involving the Final Solution, where we herd, shoot, and burn Jews. It's the same inherent principal. Obviously, the game is a means of expression that shouldn't be censored simply because of its existence, but to not abhor this creation - I don't understand how one could have such a viewpoint.
I just see selective descrimination here. You do realize Muslims have all kinds of games like this in the middle-east right? Infact, game propaganda is just the tip of the iceberg. I see little three year olds saying "I don't like Jews, they're apes and pigs".

Americans have no idea of what real hate is like. You're safely protected by a shroud of political correctness and equality. You have no idea what the real world is like. People are very hateful. And all I see is crap against Christians. Muslims are 100x worse and i'm still against the war on terror. What does that tell you?

Rogue Jedi
GTA san andreas is frigging crude as hell. i love it!!!

MC Mike
I just see selective descrimination here. You do realize Muslims have all kinds of games like this in the middle-east right? Infact, game propaganda is just the tip of the iceberg. I see little three year olds saying "I don't like Jews, they're apes and pigs".

Americans have no idea of what real hate is like. You're safely protected by a shroud of political correctness and equality. You have no idea what the real world is like. People are very hateful. And all I see is crap against Christians. Muslims are 100x worse and i'm still against the war on terror. What does that tell you?

Are you saying that because the Islamic world may have such atrocities on a common level that we in other countries may permit them to enter our daily lives as well? I'm all for purging every nation of such ill-placed anger, but we must not allow ourselves to be so focused on the other hemisphere that we lose sight of what goes on around us. And saying Muslims are 100 times worse, I feel, is a stretch - another result of the stereotypes. As for your own views on the war of terror - it makes me wonder why you don't agree.

Capt_Fantastic

So you subscribe to the jesus camp perspective that US christians should be winning the fanatacism race? The only way to counter their insanity is to out do it? That's just ignorant.

"They hate! They Hate! WHY CAN'T WE? Let's hate them more!" It's just silly. As Ghandi said, an eye for an eye will only leave the whole world blind.

You can be against the war on terror, but you saying that "Muslims are 100X worse!" isn't all that different from people being down on christianity, is it? You say you're agains teh war on terror like it's equal to a war on Islam, that's lumping and hypocritical. As far as I'm concerned there needs to be a war on organized religion.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
whoever made that game is clearly messed up.

no REAL Christian would ever want to do that. either in real life, or in the game itself.
agreed. even in the books they tried not to kill anyone.

Green Arrow
Originally posted by MC Mike
As for your own views on the war of terror - it makes me wonder why you don't agree.
In some ways I feel we could learn from the Muslims, that is if we weren't busy killing them.

They're loyal.
They're respectful.
They're strong.
They're self-sufficient.

They use hate constructively. I'd rather have a world of hatemongerers then a world of retards.

Rogue Jedi
hatemongers and retards....is there a difference?

Soleran
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
As far as I'm concerned there needs to be a war on organized religion.

Except for the church of the flying spaghetti monster he can stay.

Green Arrow
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
hatemongers and retards....is there a difference?
Osama Bin Laden>Hatemongerer.

Al Sharpton>Retard.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Soleran

The monster can stay, but the church gotta go.

Rogue Jedi
Osama Bin Laden>Hatemongerer.

Al Sharpton>Retard.
good point.

Green Arrow
Originally posted by Soleran
That's another thing, athiests can be radical terrorists to. Do any of you go to myspace? If you did, you probably new of the flying spaghetti monster virus. What would happen was if you clicked a profile with books: flying spaghetti monster or something like that. It would infect your computer with a virus that put a huge banner ontop of the screen that said "Convert to Pastafariansm".

Oh yeah, that really makes me think athiests are any better then the worst of the religious. Luckiely my computer was immune when I clicked the link and just took me to a blankpage so I googled to findout why. No athiests were harmed.

Untill they decide to pull something else retarded.

Bardock42
Maybe it was Christians trying to portray atheists in a bad light.

Though Pastafarianists aren't atheists.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Naz
Wow. When I thought that evangelists were crazy enough. You know, if you are saying were crazy, thats ignorance since you really just showed you dont know religious people well.

Bardock42
Originally posted by JacopeX
You know, if you are saying were crazy, thats ignorance since you really just showed you dont know religious people well.

She is a religious person. Of your denomination, too. Read what she said.

Gregory
Please,

1) Learn the differense between "terrorism" and an obnoxious prank, and,
2) Stop being so aggresively stupid.

In whatever order you want, although if you do 2) first, it might help with 1).

Rogue Jedi
You know, if you are saying were crazy, thats ignorance since you really just showed you dont know religious people well.
one bad apple.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Draco69
The mission? Convert or kill anyone not adhering to a Fundamentalist view of Christianity.
Talk about loading the entire ****ing article.

The whole article is a misrepresentation of the game and hinges upon what are more or less blatant lies.

Let's see...

Except the antagonists in the Left Behind series violently oppress Christians.

EDIT: Also, this is in the wrong forum.

Naz

Good Lord, do you really expect me to be all for a game whose objective is to teach little children to kill Catholics, along with other races and creeds? You know, maybe I shouldn't get to know "relegious" people well, they might just turn around and shoot me.

Gregory
I don't often find myself agreeing with FeceMan, but people...

FeceMan
Originally posted by Naz
Good Lord, do you really expect me to be all for a game whose objective is to teach little children to kill Catholics, along with other races and creeds? You know, maybe I shouldn't get to know "relegious" people well, they might just turn around and shoot me.
Le sigh.

I'm 95% certain that you DON'T convert/kill Catholics, gays, etc. I'm 99% certain that the article posted is complete bullshit.

Naz
Originally posted by FeceMan
Le sigh.

I'm 95% certain that you DON'T convert/kill Catholics, gays, etc. I'm 99% certain that the article posted is complete bullshit.

Only based on the information I was given. srug

FeceMan
Originally posted by Naz
Only based on the information I was given. srug
Here's FeceMan's information:

That article is nothing but a bunch of left-wing, anti-Christian evangelical bullshit that's filled with misinformation and half-truths.

I find the irony in that the site describes itself as containg "brain food." I suppose if my brain had a mouth and rancid lard were considered edible...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Naz
i feel you on this, but you have to keep in mind its just a game.

Darth Jello
Dude, if I can play as Kirk and Candace Cameron, I'm getting it. you get to shoot boner, uncle jessie, and danny tanner before they run a train on kimmy gibler!!!

*for those unfamiliar with the humor, kirk and candace cameron have left their sad sitcom careers in order to become zealous dominionists eager to convert heathens and debunk evolution by starring in the left behind movies along with a bunch of lifetime original movies designed to show the horrors of rape and domestic abuse by romanticing and eroticizing it in a way that only lifetime can. Ironic that never have i seen more violence against women then on the "network for women", but that's a topic i may address in another thread.

Rogue Jedi
thats a mighty big weiner you have, jello.

xmarksthespot
So is this supposed to be like the game those Nazi barbie twins play, where the aim is to kill anyone who isn't white?
Originally posted by Draco69
"Rather than seeking to close the gap between neighbors, as Jesus did in his ministry, the game's purpose is to drive a wedge between people, teaching teenagers that what God intends is for them to slaughter those who do not share their beliefs."So the Christian god doesn't intend the non-believers to be slaughtered, either now or eventually? That's a little disingenuous.

botankus
Is Kirk Cameron in this game?

FeceMan
Originally posted by FeceMan
Here's FeceMan's information:

That article is nothing but a bunch of left-wing, anti-Christian evangelical bullshit that's filled with misinformation and half-truths.

I find the irony in that the site describes itself as containg "brain food." I suppose if my brain had a mouth and rancid lard were considered edible...

PVS
*ignores shitman*

this is an evangelical's wet dream. they HAVE to call this game "god warrior"

botankus
I always thought a video game about the Rapture would have been kind of cool.

PVS
oh and feceman, this game apparently is real

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22Left+Behind%3AEternal+Forces%22&btnG=Search

PVS
and here's the trailer.

EDIT(again):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7008

xmarksthespot
Are there status ailments like "Darksided" or "Homosexualled" That you can go to a seminary to get cured?

Capt_Fantastic
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/DevilKing1138/God20Warrior.jpg

PVS
no dude...no. there are like 20 uberclassic screencaps far better than that in just that one scene. just keep clicking pause/play and rofl

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
no dude...no. there are like 20 uberclassic screencaps far better than that in just that one scene. just keep clicking pause/play and rofl

Oh I know. I have the whole video on my myspace account. But I like this rabid glint in her eyes in this one.

PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/GW2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/GW3.jpg

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, I love that first one especially.

Soleran
I just hope there will be online multiplay available!

xmarksthespot
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/DevilKing1138/God20Warrior.jpg Unlockable characters. Awesome.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Unlockable characters. Awesome.

You'll have to explain that to me. What is an unlockable character?

WrathfulDwarf
If it's a FPS I have to check it out.

PVS
You'll have to explain that to me. What is an unlockable character?

like when you achieve/beat a certain portion of the game and features of that game previously withheld are unlocked. kind of a reward system i guess

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
like when you achieve/beat a certain portion of the game and features of that game previously withheld are unlocked. kind of a reward system i guess

Oh, characters that can be un-locked. Not characters that can't be locked. Okay.

Bardock42
Oh I know. I have the whole video on my myspace account. But I like this rabid glint in her eyes in this one.

Hehe, myspace...that's so gay.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hehe, myspace...that's so gay.

so what's the url for yours?

Bardock42
so what's the url for yours?
http://www.myspace.com/9868439

Naz
Originally posted by PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/GW2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/GW3.jpg

When I first watched that episode, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

Capt_Fantastic
http://www.myspace.com/9868439

that's even more gay than mine!

Bardock42
that's even more gay than mine!

Prove it.

Though, thanks, I put a lot of effort in it embarrasment

Capt_Fantastic
Prove it.

Though, thanks, I put a lot of effort in it embarrasment

let's not get into a cock fight here.

Bardock42
let's not get into a cock fight here.
Okay...well..just to be sure...I'm available..if you ever change your mind. Well, give me a call. Could be fun.

xmarksthespot
You'll have to explain that to me. What is an unlockable character? Usually something you get by completing a goal or finishing a game completely.

You and Bardock would make a lovely couple I might add.

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Usually something you get by completing a goal or finishing a game completely.

You and Bardock would make a lovely couple I might add.

Someone's not a gamer...

I think so too. If it weren't for my severe homophobia.

FeceMan
I am well aware the game is real...considering I copy-pasted part of a review for it.

PVS
read the screencaps at ign. particularly the one referring to a "fisher of men"

its wingnut propaganda

not that i feel its a threat because who's going to play such a crappy looking game?

:edit: i took that quote out of context, my bad

Mr. Sandman
I would so play this game!

It better have Jesus in it.

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
read the screencaps at ign. particularly the one referring to a "fisher of men"

its wingnut propaganda

not that i feel its a threat because who's going to play such a crappy looking game?

:edit: i took that quote out of context, my bad
dats whut i tought

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
thats a mighty big weiner you have, jello.

boner from growing pains, not my dick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.