I have a serious question to Japanese people....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ysh227

Hi to all Japanese people

I really adore Japanese culture, and I have been there a few times.....

My friend told me that Japanese people really look down upon Mainland Chinese, because Chinese people have dirty habits....
They like to cough and sneeze without covering their mouthes....

I am a Taiwanese, and I'd like to know if Japanese people really accept Taiwanese people as their own people..........

I know Japanese people don't like foreign people, but Japan has colonized Taiwan for 50 years in the past, they forced us to speak Japanese, to learn Japanese culture...
I also look Japanese in my physical appearance, so I guess I might have some Japanese blood in my blood line..

My grandfather and grandmother know how to speak in Japanese...^^

and I just like to know, do Japanese people take Taiwanese people as their own people??

Kinneary
I'm not Japanese, but I've lived in Japan for about a year now. From my observations, the long and short of it would be 'no.' Japanese are quick to accuse foreigners, including Thai, of being theives and criminals. At best you'll be a curiousity. Most Japanese have an innate sense of superiority without actually realizing it.

Japan's an okay country. But you'll never be Japanese. That's reserved for the natives only.

ysh227
I am a Taiwanese
not a person from Tahiland

Kinneary
Post still applies.

reggie_jax
*post removed

Frigid Soul
Originally posted by ysh227
and I just like to know, do Japanese people take Taiwanese people as their own people??

No we don't, to be honest. You are Chinese as far as we are concerned. The fact that the Taiwanese were once subjects is irrelevent, same goes for the Koreans.

Originally posted by reggie_jax
quote removed

Baka okama.

reggie_jax
*post removed

Kinneary
There's no point in calling him a stupid fa g. He's just trolling forums.

Edit: You're not welcome. Go away.

reggie_jax
thanx for the translation, G.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by reggie_jax
quote removed
nice, real nice.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Hi to all Japanese people

I really adore Japanese culture, and I have been there a few times.....

My friend told me that Japanese people really look down upon Mainland Chinese, because Chinese people have dirty habits....
They like to cough and sneeze without covering their mouthes....

I am a Taiwanese, and I'd like to know if Japanese people really accept Taiwanese people as their own people..........

I know Japanese people don't like foreign people, but Japan has colonized Taiwan for 50 years in the past, they forced us to speak Japanese, to learn Japanese culture...
I also look Japanese in my physical appearance, so I guess I might have some Japanese blood in my blood line..

My grandfather and grandmother know how to speak in Japanese...^^

The funny thing is that Taiwanese people - especially teenagers - copy so many things from Japanese culture.

Also, many Taiwanese people share this same sense of 'superiority' to foreign residents living in Taiwan. This discrimination is especially felt by Thai, Filipino and Vietnamese people who are generally treated very poorly as if they are second class citizens simply because they have darker skin.

As for the treatment of foreigners from Western countries, Taiwanese people are generally polite, welcoming and friendly on an initial level, but there is also a degree of discrimination under this surface level. I think this idea of 'superiority' is common in many nations which are economically prosperous, but pretty segregated culturally. It's certainly true in many Asian countries.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
The funny thing is that Taiwanese people - especially teenagers - copy so many things from Japanese culture.

Also, many Taiwanese people share this same sense of 'superiority' to foreign residents living in Taiwan. This discrimination is especially felt by Thai, Filipino and Vietnamese people who are generally treated very poorly as if they are second class citizens simply because they have darker skin.

As for the treatment of foreigners from Western countries, Taiwanese people are generally polite, welcoming and friendly on an initial level, but there is also a degree of discrimination under this surface level. I think this idea of 'superiority' is common in many nations which are economically prosperous, but pretty segregated culturally. It's certainly true in many Asian countries.

I am not Japanese. I have read about their behavior and have had others warn me of them, from all races. I find this sad. I know that some races claim they are created from a dragon, others from a star (the African dogans??) and others come from God...and there are so many theories about race and "alien" races within each race of people. These are so much fun to read, but can offer an explanation on why some feel so superior to others within their same ethnic background.

Well, the only person out of Japan that I respect and know (via reading about him) is Dr. Mikao Usui Founder of Reiki.

I know (via reading) many Chinese in history that I respect, but I generally do not respect their entire philosophy, but bits and pieces, if they are too much into the black occult/dragon or too persuaded into one aspect that I find negative, I tend to part ways with their philosophy.

http://www.reiki.fi/english/reiki/meditation/usuielete.htm

heru
And I thought I had problems

lord xyz
And I thought British people are bigots. Why are bigots the people that are so easy to make fun of? I mean, just look at the US.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by lord xyz
And I thought British people are bigots. Why are bigots the people that are so easy to make fun of? I mean, just look at the US.

Ouch... sad

Alfheim
Originally posted by Oncewhite
I am not Japanese. I have read about their behavior and have had others warn me of them, from all races. I find this sad. I know that some races claim they are created from a dragon, others from a star (the African dogans??) and others come from God...and there are so many theories about race and "alien" races within each race of people. These are so much fun to read, but can offer an explanation on why some feel so superior to others within their same ethnic background.

Well, the only person out of Japan that I respect and know (via reading about him) is Dr. Mikao Usui Founder of Reiki.

I know (via reading) many Chinese in history that I respect, but I generally do not respect their entire philosophy, but bits and pieces, if they are too much into the black occult/dragon or too persuaded into one aspect that I find negative, I tend to part ways with their philosophy.

http://www.reiki.fi/english/reiki/meditation/usuielete.htm

I want to learn that some day.

JacopeX
My people (peruvians) and Japanese dont get along since they have spreaded communism with a group led by Fujimori ANDRES.

Rogue Jedi
japan has ninjas... ninja

Kritish
The Japanese are kind of like the Swiss they should both have 'screw you' on their currency.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Ouch... sad Sorry. laughing out loud But it makes you think... hmm

Originally posted by Kritish
The Japanese are kind of like the Swiss they should both have 'screw you' on their currency. The Swiss are by far the best. Don't know why.

Robtard

This is by far one of the stupidest and whiniest questions I have ever heard. "Somebody love me... Waa...waa...waaaaa."

A Mod should really close this thread.

Edit: I just noticed ysh227 was banned... Good move mods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.