Wolverine PIS Hall of Fame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
Lets hear everybodies opinion on this one...
A definate inductee for me is when he defeated Adamantium laced Sabertooth with bone claws...horrible

Badabing
Too much hate.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7y70V-PKzks

capt it up
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Lets hear everybodies opinion on this one...
A definate inductee for me is when he defeated Adamantium laced Sabertooth with bone claws...horrible

dude that was like 10 years ago get with the program and that was not even PIS he fought his best because he new if sabertooth one many people would be killed

norrinradd43
Originally posted by capt it up
dude that was like 10 years ago get with the program and that was not even PIS he fought his best because he new if sabertooth one many people would be killed I dont care how long ago it was...it was still garbage...im not really hating on Logan...I just wanna hear everybodies opinions since people on here always talk about the BS in his victories

Soljer
I dont care how long ago it was...it was still garbage...im not really hating on Logan...I just wanna hear everybodies opinions since people on here always talk about the BS in his victories

There is a lot of hate on this forum. Primarily for Wolverine and DC.

capt it up
I dont care how long ago it was...it was still garbage...im not really hating on Logan...I just wanna hear everybodies opinions since people on here always talk about the BS in his victories
there nothing BS about it. Logan and sabertooth ahve fougthen many times and logan has many victories. why is it BS for him to take sabertooth?

norrinradd43
there nothing BS about it. Logan and sabertooth ahve fougthen many times and logan has many victories. why is it BS for him to take sabertooth? if it was bone claws vs non adamantium Sabertooth or Adamantium Logan vs Sabertooth, then it is legit but if you give Sabertooth the metal, he should have destroyed Wolvie

capt it up
if it was bone claws vs non adamantium Sabertooth or Adamantium Logan vs Sabertooth, then it is legit but if you give Sabertooth the metal, he should have destroyed Wolvie
why? Bone claws logan faster and more agile with a healing factor boost it perfectly reasonable

norrinradd43
I admit it was a cool fight...but in my opinion I think Creed should have owned him...I was just throwing one out there maybe it wasnt the best example...

capt it up
I admit it was a cool fight...but in my opinion I think Creed should have owned him...I was just throwing one out there maybe it wasnt the best example...
it was a dumb example. Logan was fighting his hardest and is more skilled he won it not PIS

bigbran
Wolverine stabbing Thanos.

norrinradd43
Originally posted by bigbran
Wolverine stabbing Thanos. that is a good one although he did take him by suprise and was taken care of with the quickness

bigbran
that is a good one although he did take him by suprise and was taken care of with the quickness No, Thanos was looking at him during this time. He also had he Power Gem...

capt it up
this thread is useless it just made so that people who bash on logan can get to gather and bash some more it beyond dumb

bigbran
this thread is useless it just made so that people who bash on logan can get to gather and bash some more it beyond dumb How many people have actually bashed him... besides the name of the thread?

capt it up
How many people have actually bashed him... besides the name of the thread?
no one how ever the intent was to bash him. that the reason this thread was made.

bigbran
no one how ever the intent was to bash him. that the reason this thread was made. Ya... was just going to say that also...

norrinradd43
I do like wolverine dont get me wrong...I created this because people bash him all the time on here and I just wanted opinions on certain moments

capt it up
I do like wolverine dont get me wrong...I created this because people bash him all the time on here and I just wanted opinions on certain moments
no you wanted to have a bunch of people agree with you and bash wolverine so you could have a false senses of belonging.

masterbruce
This thread is a complete farce. Wolverine is one of the least PIS characters, at least compared to fools like Spiderman. Wolverine is simply the best at what he does, which happens to be a hell of a lot. Stop hatin on the canuck head just cuz he is better than characters you like.

norrinradd43
no you wanted to have a bunch of people agree with you and bash wolverine so you could have a false senses of belonging. now somehow you know my intentions...damn

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by masterbruce
Wolverine is one of the least PIS characters. I wouldn't agree with that. But I would agree with this:Originally posted by masterbruce
This thread is a complete farce.

bigbran
This thread is a complete farce. Wolverine is one of the least PIS characters, at least compared to fools like Spiderman. Wolverine is simply the best at what he does, which happens to be a hell of a lot. Stop hatin on the canuck head just cuz he is better than characters you like. laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing
Profiled!

Martian_mind
This thread is a complete farce. Wolverine is one of the least PIS characters, at least compared to fools like Spiderman. Wolverine is simply the best at what he does, which happens to be a hell of a lot. Stop hatin on the canuck head just cuz he is better than characters you like.

I think thats one to many hits to the head talkin

tkitna
Didnt he regenerate from nothing more than a skeleton once? If so,,,,

capt it up
now somehow you know my intentions...damn
it pritty easy to see hell a retard would know your intentions.

norrinradd43
it pritty easy to see hell a retard would know your intentions. Ur cut off

xmarksthespot
it pritty easy to see hell a retard would know your intentions. I could make a comment. But where's the challenge... shifty

Martian_mind
Lol

norrinradd43
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I think thats one to many hits to the head talkin laughing laughing laughing Happy Dance laughing laughing laughing

masterbruce
laughing laughing laughing Happy Dance laughing laughing laughing

All you wolverine haters have one thing in common: you guys have more toes than brain cells.

capt it up
Ur cut off
why becuase I called you out on what you tryed bu failed to achieve

capt it up
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I could make a comment. But where's the challenge... shifty
lol I know as soon as I typed it I was like ugg it be so easy for one to make a comment

Martian_mind
All you wolverine haters have one thing in common: you guys have more toes than brain cells.

Probably as we dont were hockey masks or wear padding and bash up old people as a hobby

norrinradd43
why becuase I called you out on what you tryed bu failed to achieve Damn ur witty

capt it up
Damn ur witty
nothing witty about it pure fact. You fail so please don't try this again.

bigbran
Probably as we dont were hockey masks or wear padding and bash up old people as a hobby F***ing hilarious!! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Profiled!

masterbruce
Probably as we dont were hockey masks or wear padding and bash up old people as a hobby

You don't 'were' hockey masks, but you DO 'wear' hockey masks. Thanks for proving my point about how few brain cells you have.

norrinradd43
anyways...yes that recent regenerating from a skeleton is trash...Back in Days of future Past when he was blasted by the Sentinel he didnt regenerate I will give him the benefit that he was like 160 years old at that time

Martian_mind
Hey bruce in your neighbourhood do they have a nickname for u like the crimson avenger, the justice king, or that ****head with the baseball bat

norrinradd43
Hey bruce in your neighbourhood do they have a nickname for u like the crimson avenger, the justice king, or that ****head with the baseball bat how about Crimson ****head

xmarksthespot
Settle kiddies.

1) Yes there is PIS associated with the character Wolverine. As there is with most characters.

2) It takes more than making a thread to say "Look at me. Wolverine iz teh suk." to be one of the cool kids.

bigbran
You don't 'were' hockey masks, but you DO 'wear' hockey masks. Thanks for proving my point about how few brain cells you have. So basically, your calling everyone, that doesn't spell perfect, retarded?

You said Wolverine haters, and yet, Capt it Up can't even spell Wolverine. (no offense)
Are you also calling Capt it Up retarded? He is a big Wolverine supporter.

masterbruce
Hey bruce in your neighbourhood do they have a nickname for u like the crimson avenger, the justice king, or that ****head with the baseball bat

you wanna find out? come down here and I'll introduce you to my fists up close and personal.

norrinradd43
you wanna find out? come down here and I'll introduce you to my fists up close and personal. Uh oh, this is getting Deep smokin'

bigbran
you wanna find out? come down here and I'll introduce you to my fists up close and personal. Does he have to dress up as a villian to find you, or do you use your, "villian sense" to find him?

masterbruce
Does he have to dress up as a villian to find you, or do you use your, "villian sense" to find him?

If this guy can back up his tough guy talk, I'll give him my address and he can find me, I'll be waiting for him.

norrinradd43
why is there threats of violence on a damn internet message board, like anything will come of it

bigbran
If this guy can back up his tough guy talk, I'll give him my address and he can find me, I'll be waiting for him. Oooo, it's on!
Youtube it, if it happens.
I already got a name, "Mastercumdestroyer vs Mindmyballs".

It would be awesome!

masterbruce
why is there threats of violence on a damn internet message board, like anything will come of it

I'm not threatening violence. I'm totally against it. But don't come on a message board and talk like you're a tough guy when your balls haven't even descended yet.

long pig
I don't mind Thanos being stabbed. His body is super-durable because of his molecular control, not because he's diamond hard like superman. Wolverine stabbing him is ok, and like ol' boy said, he got taken care of with the quickness.

long pig
I'm not threatening violence. I'm totally against it. But don't come on a message board and talk like you're a tough guy when your balls haven't even descended yet.
Haha.

His balls are quite undescended, aren't they?

Martian_mind
So ur against voilence and yet u dress up as a hero run around the neighbourhood bashing people u deem as criminals and then expect people not to think ur crazy?man and u called me a retard

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by long pig
Haha.

His balls are quite undescended, aren't they? Maybe he's Canadian. I hear that's a common congenital trait. The male lead on "Poofs with guns!" has it iirc.

norrinradd43
So ur against voilence and yet u dress up as a hero run around the neighbourhood bashing people u deem as criminals and then expect people not to think ur crazy?man and u called me a retard I knew there was a reason i liked Australians

long pig
Maybe he's Canadian. I hear that's a common congenital trait. The male lead on "Poofs with guns!" has it iirc.
Indeed. His balls are basically on the top of his head FFS!

Poofs with guns and undescended balls. No wonder they love Sum 41.

Martian_mind

Oh my Balls have descended...into ur mothers mouth

long pig
Oh my Balls have descended...into ur mothers mouth
Dude, his mother's mouth is filled with more viruses than an aid's clinic.

Simply put, your balls are gonna fall the **** off.

xmarksthespot

Simply put, your balls are gonna fall the **** off. I believe the warning's come a little too late.

Martian_mind

Simply put, your balls are gonna fall the **** off.

Maybebut thats beside the point u see i know the secret behind his powers! his dad was a crippled poof canadian and his mother a mexican mistress he was born from her aids riddled body and then abondoned on the streets.Left to fend for himself.what a sad story but still u cant help but lol

capt it up
anyways...yes that recent regenerating from a skeleton is trash...Back in Days of future Past when he was blasted by the Sentinel he didnt regenerate I will give him the benefit that he was like 160 years old at that time
first off days of the future past is not 616.

do you even read wolverine comics? issue 48 now proves logan is immortal to a point

norrinradd43

do you even read wolverine comics? issue 48 now proves logan is immortal to a point Who cares if its not 616, it is still the same wolverine just on a skewed timeline...no ability change whatsoever

capt it up
Who cares if its not 616, it is still the same wolverine just on a skewed timeline...no ability change whatsoever

yes they do that the whole point it not cannon.

unless you want war wolverine as cannon were wolverine kills every major villian

how about in aoa were hulk gets killed with a gun shot to the head does that sound right?

ya using non cannon evidence is rather dumb and I am not surprized in the elast you tried to use it.

wolverine in issue 48 was proven to be immortal so ya how about you stop using non cannon sources. also by the way days of the future past was recon and logan actaully survived so there goes that.

norrinradd43
Its only not cannon because that future is not going to be...it is still the same F***in wolverine...its not like im trying to use an example of the ultimate universe as cannon. Days of the future past was an offshoot of 616 ....and in X-men 142, wolverine dies, same situation as with nitro and he dosent regenerate

capt it up

norrinradd43
No it's not did you not hear me when I said he is now immortal or are you dense?

So all of a sudden out of the blue Wolverine is immortal...I can buy into him being extremely long lived and immune to disease but this immortal wolverine S*** is stupid and its poor writing

masterbruce
No it's not did you not hear me when I said he is now immortal or are you dense?

So all of a sudden out of the blue Wolverine is immortal...I can buy into him being extremely long lived and immune to disease but this immortal wolverine S*** is stupid and its poor writing

Wolverine is immortal and eats nukes for breakfast, accept it.

bigbran
Wolverine is immortal and eats nukes for breakfast, accept it. Aren't you the one, that said that Wolverine could take planet busting attacks...
Wait, I remember you saying the exact same thing before... sans immortal.

masterbruce
Aren't you the one, that said that Wolverine could take planet busting attacks...
Wait, I remember you saying the exact same thing before... sans immortal.

yeah, I'm consistent.

capt it up

does not change the fact he immortal it beena round since 91. they just finally explain why. You should really try knowing a character before talking out of your @$$

darthgoober

do you even read wolverine comics? issue 48 now proves logan is immortal to a point
POTENTIALLY immortal.

Martian_mind
If wolverines atoms were scattered to the corners of the universe via galactus or silver surfer or indeed any matter manipulator how could he come back without his body?

bigbran
yeah, I'm consistent. Can you explain how Wolverine does this, when he can barely take one nuke?

masterbruce
If wolverines atoms were scattered to the corners of the universe via galactus or silver surfer or indeed any matter manipulator how could he come back without his body?

being immortal does not equal being invincible.

being immortal just means Wolverine won't die of being old.

bigbran
being immortal does not equal being invincible.

being immortal just means Wolverine won't die of being old. Umm... being immortal means you can't die.

Martian_mind
Hes right u no

bigbran
Hes right u no Who?

darthgoober
Wolverine hitting Spiderman, biggest piece of PIS EVER. whistle shifty

Martian_mind
Bigbran

bigbran
Bigbran Ya, I get that a lot... shifty

masterbruce
no, immortal does not mean you cannot EVER die

it means you cannot die of natural causes

Dracula was immortal, but if you stake him in the heart, he's dead

bigbran
I don't mind Thanos being stabbed. His body is super-durable because of his molecular control, not because he's diamond hard like superman. Wolverine stabbing him is ok, and like ol' boy said, he got taken care of with the quickness. So, when does Thanos turn soft?
He may have molecular control, but that doesn't mean he is going to turn his body soft to get stabbed.

And Thanos is more durible than Superman.Originally posted by masterbruce
no, immortal does not mean you cannot EVER die

it means you cannot die of natural causes

Dracula was immortal, but if you stake him in the heart, he's dead Well, then obviously Drac isn't immortal!
Nor has he really been proven that he was.

Decay
wolverine cutting thanos does seem a bit stupid. thanos can take direct hits from the surfer and go on. his skin might be less durable than adamantium, but how is wolverine supposed to have the strength to put that kind of force behind his claws?

although some people will argue it, i havent seen any official marvel info stating he has super human strength. ive heard alot of stupid things happening with wolverine but none off the top of my head. i think ive heard alot more stupid claims on this forum about him than anything else.

Wally West
I like to imagine Wolverine didn't actually penetrate with his claws in Infinity Gauntlet as in the very next panel theres no signs of any cuts, blood, rips in his outfit or any injury at all to Thanos stick out tongue whistle

bigbran
Originally posted by Wally West
I like to imagine Wolverine didn't actually penetrate with his claws in Infinity Gauntlet as in the very next panel theres no signs of any cuts, blood, rips in his outfit or any injury at all to Thanos stick out tongue whistle So maybe his claws retracted back into his hands, because he couldn't penetrate his skin!

Wally West
That theory works for me wink

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theinfinitygauntlet0422wg8.jpg

Baldey
Master Bruce is a dumbass. Least PIS ??? He deserves to be made fun of if hes that stupid. Go karate chop something then come back to us.

Once again thank you best post thread.

Baldey
MB lets duke it out. I have a black belt in detec ting bullshit. I just detected a hella lot.

Can someone show me the Wolverine stabbing Thanos scan.

Sam Z
Now, this thread is plain dumb, and like some other guys said was created to give Wolverine haters more reasons to bash Wolverine.

As for his immortality, i've been thinking about it. I think Logan is not COMPLETLY immortal. He is almost unkillable. He can even return after being dead and probably regenerate from few cells only. But if his body is fully destroyed so there is NOTHING left he won't come back. Imagine he doesn't have adamantium skeleton and somebody destroyed every cell of his body, how would he regenerate? Just appear from nothing like a ghost?no I think he still can be killed but to do that one will have to destroy every cell of is body and that's almost impossible.

Wally West
Originally posted by Baldey
Can someone show me the Wolverine stabbing Thanos scan.
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theinfinitygauntlet0421ug6.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theinfinitygauntlet0422wg8.jpg

eek!

That shouldn't be possible because A) Thanos was using the power gem, making him practically invulnerable B) Thanos was wearing his armour C) His natural durability should protect him, if planet destroying blasts can't hurt him, Wolverine's claws shouldn't

But it doesn't really matter, it was just a way to tell a more dramatic story and it works because that whole fight with Thanos kicks ass. And you can always argue Thanos was just letting the heroes land attacks and think they were gaining the advantage.

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by Sam Z
Now, this thread is plain dumb, and like some other guys said was created to give Wolverine haters more reasons to bash Wolverine.

Agreed, a nice joke now and again is good. But this is too far.

The thread starter needs to stop jumping on ancient bang-wagons.

python99

As for his immortality, i've been thinking about it. I think Logan is not COMPLETLY immortal. He is almost unkillable. He can even return after being dead and probably regenerate from few cells only. But if his body is fully destroyed so there is NOTHING left he won't come back. Imagine he doesn't have adamantium skeleton and somebody destroyed every cell of his body, how would he regenerate? Just appear from nothing like a ghost?no I think he still can be killed but to do that one will have to destroy every cell of is body and that's almost impossible.

So is wolverine's healing factor better than the Hulk? I dont think so.
Marvel official stats say Wolverine can heal from almost any form of injury but he can die from too much blood loss or damag to vitale organs. Well if wolverine can comback from a single cell than so can the hulk. If Wolverine gets his neck snapped would he die. In the fight with spidey in the cemetary he basically provoked Spidey to snap his neck.
Logan himself knew it would kill him. There is PIS floating around somewhere don't you think. big grin

KharmaDog
quote: (post)

This is indeed one of the most entertaining threads in a while.

it pritty easy to see hell a retard would know your intentions.

Calling yourself a retard? Both witty and perseptive. That type of self awareness will take you a long way.

you wanna find out? come down here and I'll introduce you to my fists up close and personal.

Doesn't this go against what your sensei taught you. (that was sarcasm)

If this guy can back up his tough guy talk, I'll give him my address and he can find me, I'll be waiting for him.

I would say the same to you. I offer you free room and board to come up here and spar with me at a gym. Or, pm me your address and I will come down to your neck of the woods.

Sage advise that you yourself should follow my self delluded crime-fighting-wanna-be friend.

Baldey
Pwned.

norrinradd43
I always thought wolverine getting the best of Tiger Shark was kinda crap myself

Mrrungo Mu
I never bash on Wolverine....Wait...You all can see my sig?..Damm laughing

norrinradd43
Originally posted by Mrrungo Mu
I never bash on Wolverine....Wait...You all can see my sig?..Damm laughing What comic is that Wonderman busting wolverine's ass from?

grey fox
Originally posted by Mrrungo Mu
I never bash on Wolverine....Wait...You all can see my sig?..Damm laughing

Wasn't that someone else's sig ?

King_Mungi
What comic is that Wonderman busting wolverine's ass from?

Infinity Crusade

Originally posted by grey fox
Wasn't that someone else's sig ?

Scoobless if I am not mistaken

Mrrungo Mu
If Scoobless wants me to remove this Sig,I will do so.

Soljer
Ugh. The process in comics is as follows:

A. You live.

B. You die.

C. Your soul goes to the light. The afterlife. Heaven. Whatever the hell it is.

Something with Wolverine (be it magical, a remnant of his past, or something dealing with his mutation) let's him make a choice after B. and before C. Wolverine can go with D.

D. Return to the world of the living.

You see, it doesn't matter how much or how little of Wolverine's body remains. His immortality is not genetically related, it's supernatural. If you don't really like it, that's fine. But you can't STILL argue that Wolverine can die (and stay dead) from massive blood loss.

Could he still die from that? Sure. But he could come right back. You see, Wolverine isn't truly immortal in the sense that you can't kill him. He's immortal in the sense that IF you kill him, he can return to his body immediately.

Think Mr. Immortal, kind of. Deadpool decapitated him, yet, he was up and walking around on the next page. It wasn't really due to a healing factor, but rather, his mutation.

Similar with Wolverine.

Wolverine being Immortal is not PIS, even if you believe it to be stupid. It was simply a creative decision that the writers decided to make. They wanted to take Wolverine's character in this direction, who on this board has the authority to stop them? Hm?

Wolverine Stabbing Thanos (period. Much less with the infinity gauntlet), however, IS PIS. Thanos survived a Black Hole without so much as a bruise. He took blasts from Odin and still stood in defiance. He took a pretty powerful blast from Galactus, and still lived. He laughed in the face of the Surfer's blasts, and took shots from a Warrior Madness Thor without too much trouble.

Yet Wolverine could kill him? While wielding the INFINITY GAUNTLET?

No.

*shakes head*

But that's okay. Wolverine isn't as PIS-filled as a lot of people argue, he just is disliked by a majority here, so many of his feats are labelled as PIS.

And, hell, maybe some of them are, but no more than some of Spiderman's PIS feats, or Captain America's, or Daredevils.

The latter characters just aren't brought up as much, not to mention that the latter characters aren't half as annoying as some Wolverine fanboys.

Though Wolverine fanboys aren't half as annoying as Hulk fanboys.

Who aren't really quite as annoying as Storm fanboys.....

Sam Z
Originally posted by python99
Marvel official stats say Wolverine can heal from almost any form of injury but he can die from too much blood loss or damag to vitale organs. Well if wolverine can comback from a single cell than so can the hulk. If Wolverine gets his neck snapped would he die. In the fight with spidey in the cemetary he basically provoked Spidey to snap his neck.
Logan himself knew it would kill him. There is PIS floating around somewhere don't you think. big grin
Don't believe everything Marvel says. There isn't a single bio that matches actual characters abilities. Besides, Wolverine's neck can't be snapped. And Wolverine's healing factor is comparable to Hulk's, it may not be as fast but it heals better I think. And I still say that Wolverine can only come back if there is something left to regenerate from.

capt it up
Originally posted by KharmaDog
quote: (post)

This is indeed one of the most entertaining threads in a while.

Calling yourself a retard? Both witty and perseptive. That type of self awareness will take you a long way.

Doesn't this go against what your sensei taught you. (that was sarcasm)

I would say the same to you. I offer you free room and board to come up here and spar with me at a gym. Or, pm me your address and I will come down to your neck of the woods.

Sage advise that you yourself should follow my self delluded crime-fighting-wanna-be friend.

**** YOU

capt it up
Don't believe everything Marvel says. There isn't a single bio that matches actual characters abilities. Besides, Wolverine's neck can't be snapped. And Wolverine's healing factor is comparable to Hulk's, it may not be as fast but it heals better I think. And I still say that Wolverine can only come back if there is something left to regenerate from.

Thats your oppinion though I don't agree

Sam Z
Thats your oppinion though I don't agree

Yeah. That's my opinion, but this ^ is only a part of it. My full opinion is stated on the previous page.

bigbran
Thats your oppinion though I don't agree So how is he going to come back then, if there is nothing to regenerate from?

jinzin

So all of a sudden out of the blue Wolverine is immortal...I can buy into him being extremely long lived and immune to disease but this immortal wolverine S*** is stupid and its poor writing how the hell did you come to the conclusion that this is "all of the sudden"? confused

in the 616 marvel universe:
wolverine's regenerated from a drop of blood,
came back from being cruxified,
came back from the dead when the hand mangled him,
has survived being set completely on fire numerous times,
survived having ALL of his organs turned to jelly by hulk punches,
came back after his heart exploded in secret war,
came back when his heart stopped in captain america/wolverine 4 part
came back when all of his functions stopped after having his admantium ripped out.
came bak after being hit by a nuke
it's not at all an all of the sudden sort of thing man.. it's just the only comic that's tried to justify it.. erm

jinzin
Originally posted by darthgoober
Wolverine hitting Spiderman, biggest piece of PIS EVER. whistle shifty mad

xmarksthespot
The drop of blood required the power of the Crystal of Ultimate Vision, he was held together telekinetically by Jean when Magneto pulled the adamantium out. The "nuke" failed to blow up his pants. I.e. in the previous instances extenuating circumstances were given and/or his body was still largely present.

Nuke vs Wolverine is the only instance in which he has regenerated from literally nothing. I.e. it is unprecedented. Lazy writing.

jinzin
Originally posted by Decay
wolverine cutting thanos does seem a bit stupid. thanos can take direct hits from the surfer and go on. his skin might be less durable than adamantium, but how is wolverine supposed to have the strength to put that kind of force behind his claws? it doesn't have to do with wolverine's strength but thecuttig efficiency of his molecule thin blade claws he's got.

Originally posted by Decay
although some people will argue it, i havent seen any official marvel info stating he has super human strength. ive heard alot of stupid things happening with wolverine but none off the top of my head. i think ive heard alot more stupid claims on this forum about him than anything else.

what are you talking about?

wolverine's described as having enhanced strength in new thunderbolts.
wolverine is said to have his peak human strength multiplied by three times in the weapon x novel.
wolverine has tons of inhuman strengh feats like throwing a dumpster from one side of an alley to another with one hand, breaking out of unbreakable restraints, curling an elevator full of people, obliterating restraints that kept characters like beast and rogue tied up, he easily punched through a metallic training dummy and then proceeded to LITERALLY ring it's metallic neck with intents from the crushing strength of his fingers, he's arguably punched down a titanium door, his latest marvel stat put his strength on level 4 (the same as sabretooth), though I don't agree with afew of those things I've just stated, it's pretty clearly evident that wolverine has at least SOME degree of superhuman strength.

xmarksthespot
They clearly weren't unbreakable restraints if he broke out of them. blink

jinzin
The drop of blood required the power of the Crystal of Ultimate Vision, he was still dead.. it was his mutant regneration that he atributed to his reason for being able to come back.. the crystal jstprovived the energy to allow it to happen... point still stands.. he dided... he cameback...

he was held together telekinetically by Jean when Magneto pulled the adamantium out. of course she held him together as far as she knew wolverine neededed it... as far as she knew... he was dead in both body and spirit.... guess what... he came back.

The "nuke" failed to blow up his pants. regulations, didn't want wolvie running around naked throught the next 2 issues... even then before that the suit used his plasma weapon on wolverine that blasted him into an adamntium skeleton, wolverine came back.. period.

Nuke vs Wolverine is the only instance in which he has regenerated from literally nothing. I.e. it is unprecedented. Lazy writing. wrong, as "the suit" incident wolverine did the same damned thing....

in any case it wasn't literally nothing by the way... there was organic tissue in his admantium skull... remember his eyes are still present when he got blasted...

jinzin
They clearly weren't unbreakable restraints if he broke out of them. blink woops I mean to put an " " around the word unbreakable.. in any case it was an impressive strengh feat.

jinzin

stats are wropng all the time.. un.ess you honestly belive that wolverine is as strong as sabretooth currently?
or that sabretooth was as strong as a peak human in circa 1990-2000. What the f**k?

the handook and database may STATE that but they've been proven wrong at every turn save alternate universes... it's all about what wolverine does not what some people think he SHOULD do..

and wolverine's neck can't be snapped like that.. that may have been what wolverine THOUGHT at the time.. perhaps... or maybe wolverine just said that to stop the fight and calm spidey down... in either case sabretooth tired that tactic and failed proving wolverine and spiderman and ANYONE WHO EVER SAYS THAT wrong... period.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by jinzin
he was still dead.. it was his mutant regneration that he atributed to his reason for being able to come back.. the crystal jstprovived the energy to allow it to happen... point still stands.. he dided... he cameback...The Crystal's power was requisite though.
of course she held him together as far as she knew wolverine neededed it... as far as she knew... he was dead in both body and spirit.... guess what... he came back.He wasn't dead. Jean said something along the lines that he was still alive.
regulations, didn't want wolvie running around naked throught the next 2 issues... even then before that the suit used his plasma weapon on wolverine that blasted him into an adamntium skeleton, wolverine came back.. period.
wrong, as "the suit" incident wolverine did the same damned thing....So in this previous instance he was reduced to a skeleton without any biological material remaining?
in any case it wasn't literally nothing by the way... there was organic tissue in his admantium skull... remember his eyes are still present when he got blasted... Artistic license of the kind with the pants probably. The temperatures would have probably been sufficient to kill osteocytes, let alone ocular tissues. DNA denatures at relatively low temperatures.

jinzin
The Crystal's power was requisite though.
He wasn't dead. Jean said something along the lines that he was still alive. fair enough; i remember her saying something somewhere about him being dead in body and spirit.

So in this previous instance he was reduced to a skeleton without any biological material remaining? we don't see any on his bones...

Artistic license of the kind with the pants probably. The temperatures would have probably been sufficient to kill osteocytes, let alone ocular tissues. DNA denatures at relatively low temperatures. maybe maybe not.. considering it's a power and not physics at work it may apply differently in any case that's the reason that we got from the writer.

Soljer
woops I mean to put an " " around the word unbreakable.. in any case it was an impressive strengh feat.

Not really...

Everyone this side of Uncle Ben has had a showing where a big bad guy put them in restraints that he couldn't possibly get out of.

Followed by, on the next page, the character easily wretching them from his body.

Though I'm not disputing Wolverines' strength in the least. I agree that he is enhanced human - there is pretty much no evidence that would say otherwise.

Just saying that breaking the unbreakable isn't impressive in comics. It's the status quo.

Edit: As far as Nitro goes, I believe that is Wolverine's new status quo, what with the immortality and all. It isn't PIS, in my opinion, considering they devoted nearly an ENTIRE ISSUE to explaining Wolverine's immortality....

Also, considering the temperatures Wolverine was at, I gotta agree with X - all of the DNA would have been destroyed, and his bones would have been dust, inside the adamantium.

jinzin
meh I guess at some degree you're probably right about that...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
Edit: As far as Nitro goes, I believe that is Wolverine's new status quo, what with the immortality and all. It isn't PIS, in my opinion, considering they devoted nearly an ENTIRE ISSUE to explaining Wolverine's immortality....Originally posted by jinzin
in any case that's the reason that we got from the writer. It's still pretty cop out writing imo. Superfluous and out of left field. No "Why?" is really given and I'm not really sure if one will be given.

Also does this mean X-23 has to do the same thing and is also "immortal"?

python99
stats are wropng all the time.. un.ess you honestly belive that wolverine is as strong as sabretooth currently?
or that sabretooth was as strong as a peak human in circa 1990-2000. What the f**k?

the handook and database may STATE that but they've been proven wrong at every turn save alternate universes... it's all about what wolverine does not what some people think he SHOULD do..

and wolverine's neck can't be snapped like that.. that may have been what wolverine THOUGHT at the time.. perhaps... or maybe wolverine just said that to stop the fight and calm spidey down... in either case sabretooth tired that tactic and failed proving wolverine and spiderman and ANYONE WHO EVER SAYS THAT wrong... period.

I understand what you are saying but Wolverine VOL # 1, I think its 1 or 2 but whatever, Wolverine had a fight with with some martial artist Shang something I think his name was Shang;anyways, Wolverie took a beating and it took him months to recover. The problem most people have on here is that Wolverine healing factor never truly explains itself it just heals him from no matter what form of injury. We can argue all day that healing factor and durability are 2 different things but that would be a long debate. Wolverines durability or healing factor for that matter just seems constantly inconsistant. If Wolverines adamantium is unbreakable why does he need bandages around his while recovering from his injuries. How the hell can Wolverine survive from being nuked to his skeleton that should be instant death. Would te hulk survive a nuke blast? I dont think the marvel official stats are wrong or proven to be wrong I think it comes to the writers of certain comic characters give the people what they want or expect from their characters even if its far beyond what they are capable of doing

Soljer
It's still pretty cop out writing imo. Superfluous and out of left field. No "Why?" is really given and I'm not really sure if one will be given.

Also does this mean X-23 has to do the same thing and is also "immortal"?

Cop out? Yeah, I'll agree with you there.

But it's still a cop out in the direction the writers decided to take Wolverine. It's not like we can ignore it, just because it isn't the best writing, story wise.

OneDumbG0
The drop of blood required the power of the Crystal of Ultimate Vision, he was held together telekinetically by Jean when Magneto pulled the adamantium out. The "nuke" failed to blow up his pants. I.e. in the previous instances extenuating circumstances were given and/or his body was still largely present.

Nuke vs Wolverine is the only instance in which he has regenerated from literally nothing. I.e. it is unprecedented. Lazy writing. I once dismissed his pants surviving from that nuke to be quite stupid as well. I thought that there could be no rational explanation for it. But I thought about it a little more. So for this No-Prize, you just have to read the last issue of 'Galactic Storm,' Avengers #347. Wonderman and Vision survive the point blank explosion of a negabomb. Vision explains it by analogy to the Hiroshima atomic bomb and how a building in the epicenter survived the blast because a vacuum was created. Now, whether or not this is an historically inaccurate telling, there are buildings that survived the epicenter of the atomic bomb drop and remain as landmarks.

Also, Wolverine is not immortal. There is nothing in the story that indicates that he is like Mr. Immortal. His regeneration is very simple in theory when "everything" is burned away. His adamantium protects not only his actual bones but his bone marrow. All his bone marrow still remains, which is a significant basis to start regeneration from, especially considering that bone marrow is completely responsible for blood regeneration. The adamantium also probably protects a portion of what's inside his skull. While most of what was in his noggin is burned away, enough probably remains as decent buffer for regeneration of his brain.

But the bone marrow explanation begs another question. If his bones are laced, how can bone marrow generate cells outside his bones? Well... the bone is porous, so I'm guessing that when the adamantium bonds, it preserves the porous nature. While it sounds improbable initially, titanium rods are known to bond quite well with bone mass on the cellular level in implants. So some kind of reverse analogy probably applies here. Anyway, Wolverine's continued healing powers are still a result of a scientific mutation IMHO and not some 'immortality imperative.' The question of his confrontations during 'death' are just a derivative of the usual close encounters with Death that many characters have. More likely, it is his inner demons playing themselves out during traumatic episodes. Thanos has them aplenty and so do other characters. There is no reason to believe that Wolverine is de facto immortal from Wolverine #48.

KharmaDog
**** YOU

Another cleverly thought out and exquisitely written retort brought to you by capt it up. Don't be angry at me because you called yourself retarded.

capt it up
Another cleverly thought out and exquisitely written retort brought to you by capt it up. Don't be angry at me because you called yourself retarded.
I never called my self retarded. You just love being an ass whole to me for no reason. really don't you have any thing better to do then be a prick?

srankmissingnin
Wolverine once knocked a helicopter out of the air by throwing a wretch at it... Does that make the hall of fame?

masterbruce
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine once knocked a helicopter out of the air by throwing a wretch at it... Does that make the hall of fame?

depends. 3 possibilites that would make sense and no PIS

1. wrentch hit blades and copter went out
2. wrencth hit critical engine component
3. wrentch hit the pilot

bigbran

3. wrentch hit the pilot no expression

KharmaDog
I never called my self retarded.

By saying that a retard would know his intentions, then admitting that you believe you see his intentions, you implicate yourself. And the snappy communications skills don't help either.

You just love being an ass whole to me for no reason. really don't you have any thing better to do then be a prick?

You need to relax and get a funny bone. You also gotta calm down on the hostility. The name calling is rather childish also.

capt it up
By saying that a retard would know his intentions, then admitting that you believe you see his intentions, you implicate yourself. And the snappy communications skills don't help either.

You need to relax and get a funny bone. You also gotta calm down on the hostility. The name calling is rather childish also.
what you did was childish as well. By sayign evena reatrd would know your intentiosn deos not mean I am calling my self a retard. what you say is not funny in the least bit it just plain annoying and un called for. You do it quite a bit too.

KharmaDog
By sayign evena reatrd would know your intentiosn deos not mean I am calling my self a retard.

If this was intensional, then I really underestimated your sense of humour.

If it isn't, well then...this is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

capt it up
If this was intensional, then I really underestimated your sense of humour.

If it isn't, well then...this is the funniest thing I've seen all day.
no it was on purpose lol Happy Dance

KharmaDog
no it was on purpose lol Happy Dance

Sure it was............. wink

capt it up
Sure it was............. wink
it was dam it I will have zero smite you..................I summon THE zorro

jinzin
It's still pretty cop out writing imo. Superfluous and out of left field. No "Why?" is really given and I'm not really sure if one will be given.

Also does this mean X-23 has to do the same thing and is also "immortal"? I'm really not certain
"cop out" is the right word for it.. they did TRY to explain some things about him... successful? well that's another matter.

jinzin
I understand what you are saying but Wolverine VOL # 1, I think its 1 or 2 but whatever, Wolverine had a fight with with some martial artist Shang something I think his name was Shang;anyways, Wolverie took a beating and it took him months to recover. The problem most people have on here is that Wolverine healing factor never truly explains itself it just heals him from no matter what form of injury. We can argue all day that healing factor and durability are 2 different things but that would be a long debate. Wolverines durability or healing factor for that matter just seems constantly inconsistant. If Wolverines adamantium is unbreakable why does he need bandages around his while recovering from his injuries. How the hell can Wolverine survive from being nuked to his skeleton that should be instant death. Would te hulk survive a nuke blast? I dont think the marvel official stats are wrong or proven to be wrong I think it comes to the writers of certain comic characters give the people what they want or expect from their characters even if its far beyond what they are capable of doing

well for one, you're talking about old school wolverine, ignoring the fact that his healing factor has been growing stronger and stronger over the years...

two: the martial artist is called shingen

three: wolverine didn't take months to recover from the beating... no statement is ever made like that ANYWHERE. he however did take months to come to grips with the shame that he displayed infront of his lady mariko.

four:wolverine doesn't have bandages to recover from wounds sans the cartoon or early bone claw appearances so I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about there anyways...

five: darkcrawler already showed how marvel stats ARE WRONG... period.

jinzin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I once dismissed his pants surviving from that nuke to be quite stupid as well. I thought that there could be no rational explanation for it. But I thought about it a little more. So for this No-Prize, you just have to read the last issue of 'Galactic Storm,' Avengers #347. Wonderman and Vision survive the point blank explosion of a negabomb. Vision explains it by analogy to the Hiroshima atomic bomb and how a building in the epicenter survived the blast because a vacuum was created. Now, whether or not this is an historically inaccurate telling, there are buildings that survived the epicenter of the atomic bomb drop and remain as landmarks.

Also, Wolverine is not immortal. There is nothing in the story that indicates that he is like Mr. Immortal. His regeneration is very simple in theory when "everything" is burned away. His adamantium protects not only his actual bones but his bone marrow. All his bone marrow still remains, which is a significant basis to start regeneration from, especially considering that bone marrow is completely responsible for blood regeneration. The adamantium also probably protects a portion of what's inside his skull. While most of what was in his noggin is burned away, enough probably remains as decent buffer for regeneration of his brain.

But the bone marrow explanation begs another question. If his bones are laced, how can bone marrow generate cells outside his bones? Well... the bone is porous, so I'm guessing that when the adamantium bonds, it preserves the porous nature. While it sounds improbable initially, titanium rods are known to bond quite well with bone mass on the cellular level in implants. So some kind of reverse analogy probably applies here. Anyway, Wolverine's continued healing powers are still a result of a scientific mutation IMHO and not some 'immortality imperative.' The question of his confrontations during 'death' are just a derivative of the usual close encounters with Death that many characters have. More likely, it is his inner demons playing themselves out during traumatic episodes. Thanos has them aplenty and so do other characters. There is no reason to believe that Wolverine is de facto immortal from Wolverine #48.

no arguments but I thought you may like to know. this is explained in the weapon x novel...
nanotech was used during the bonding process to ensure the bones still had porosity.

python99
well for one, you're talking about old school wolverine, ignoring the fact that his healing factor has been growing stronger and stronger over the years...

two: the martial artist is called shingen

three: wolverine didn't take months to recover from the beating... no statement is ever made like that ANYWHERE. he however did take months to come to grips with the shame that he displayed infront of his lady mariko.

four:wolverine doesn't have bandages to recover from wounds sans the cartoon or early bone claw appearances so I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about there anyways...

five: darkcrawler already showed how marvel stats ARE WRONG... period.

You are right about one thing Wolverines healing powers have increased there is no denying it.
2) It took Wolverine months to recover http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)
read his powers and abilities there you will find the statement and fact that you are looking for direct from marvel.
3) regardless of when he had bandages and where it does not matter. Are you saying its not true? Cartoon early bone claw appearances its still the same character and the point I made is true.
Yeah darkcrawler showed marvel stats to be wrong roll eyes (sarcastic). Who cares what Marvel says or does with there characters lets just make everyone happy right? C'mon man Marvel stats over the early years have been pretty consistent no matter where you look they have been consistant. Now we have all this power upgrading going on and alternate realities and dimesions and such its hard to keep up with who can do what and who can beat who. Marvel stats are not wrong they have been somewhat changed over the years depending on whether you look at it from a classic or current purspective. PERIOD

Soljer
You are right about one thing Wolverines healing powers have increased there is no denying it.
2) It took Wolverine months to recover http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)
read his powers and abilities there you will find the statement and fact that you are looking for direct from marvel.
3) regardless of when he had bandages and where it does not matter. Are you saying its not true? Cartoon early bone claw appearances its still the same character and the point I made is true.
Yeah darkcrawler showed marvel stats to be wrong roll eyes (sarcastic). Who cares what Marvel says or does with there characters lets just make everyone happy right? C'mon man Marvel stats over the early years have been pretty consistent no matter where you look they have been consistant. Now we have all this power upgrading going on and alternate realities and dimesions and such its hard to keep up with who can do what and who can beat who. Marvel stats are not wrong they have been somewhat changed over the years depending on whether you look at it from a classic or current purspective. PERIOD

Marvel stats are VERY inconsistent. Period. wink.

Also, the Cartoon is NOT the same thing as the comic version. Puh-lease, where are you getting this shit from? erm.

Your comic knowledge seems to be limited, at best.

Non existent, more likely.

Validus

3. wrentch hit the pilot
no expression
laughing out loud

python99

Also, the Cartoon is NOT the same thing as the comic version. Puh-lease, where are you getting this shit from? erm.

Non existent, more likely.

What I said was that marvel stats early on were pretty much consistant, and now with all the power upgrading on it is easy to say that they are inconsitant but not wrong.
Comics and television are not the same,agreed. You must understand that the characters portraid are the same, whether thay do what they are capable of or not. Wolverine is the same badass he is in the cartoon as he is in the comics. They are not entirely the same but also not blown out of proportion.
I am not no comic GURU and I am sure you are not either. wink
Anyone can say that someone else's comics knowledge is limited or non existent, you have not backed up anything with you knowlegde of comics. So now with all these different realities and alter egos and upgrades and all these other stuff. The writers give the comsumers what they want to see, stats will change, new charcters will emerge, current charcters will grow stronger.

jinzin

Non existent, more likely. pretty much my sentiments exactly. erm

jinzin
What I said was that marvel stats early on were pretty much consistant, wrong again... classic sabretooth had human level stats when he was punching rogue unconcious and launching wolverine 3 stories into the air...
namor was supposed to be a class 70-85 by stats yet he was toppling oceanliners with punches.. classic stats were as wrong as the current ones.

and now with all the power upgrading on it is easy to say that they are inconsitant but not wrong. if the stats go against whats consistently shown then they are wrong.

Comics and television are not the same,agreed. You must understand that the characters portraid are the same, whether thay do what they are capable of or not. Wolverine is the same badass he is in the cartoon as he is in the comics. They are not entirely the same but also not blown out of proportion. What the f**k?

that's not even worth responding to...

I am not no comic GURU clearly... no expression

Anyone can say that someone else's comics knowledge is limited or non existent, you have not backed up anything with you knowlegde of comics. and you have? you're basing your arguments off of what you read on the internet or what you saw in a cartoon, hardly comic knowledge...

python99
wrong again... classic sabretooth had human level stats when he was punching rogue unconcious and launching wolverine 3 stories into the air...
namor was supposed to be a class 70-85 by stats yet he was toppling oceanliners with punches.. classic stats were as wrong as the current ones.

What the f**k?

that's not even worth responding to...

clearly... no expression

and you have? you're basing your arguments off of what you read on the internet or what you saw in a cartoon, hardly comic knowledge...

So what comics give out stats now? roll eyes (sarcastic) Does the back of the comics give you a stat breakdown wink I read comics just as much as most people on here. Are you a comic GURU? Probably not, but that is beside the fact. You are obviously here to defend Wolverine and I am not raggin on him, so what are his real stats confused
You stated that marvel stats go against what is shown. So in other words most of the stuff is PIS correct. So I can argue that the stats are somewhat correct but what they show is inconsistant

Grimm22
Wolverine's PIS?

Bah, Classic Spidey is the ultimate jobber

For petes sake he took down the entire FF and Thor for pete's sake...THOR!

python99
So what comics give out stats now? roll eyes (sarcastic) Does the back of the comics give you a stat breakdown wink I read comics just as much as most people on here. Are you a comic GURU? Probably not, but that is beside the fact. You are obviously here to defend Wolverine and I am not raggin on him, so what are his real stats confused
You stated that marvel stats go against what is shown. So in other words most of the stuff is PIS correct. So I can argue that the stats are somewhat correct but what they show is inconsistant
Oh did you find the link about Wolverine on Marvel's site. Here it is again http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)
I would'nt lie about wolverine he is a great character but proof is wat matters most

python99
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wolverine's PIS?

Well there you have it more PIS. Characters not fighting to the best of their abilities. The consumers get what the want to see. Others hate it but what can we do about it?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wolverine's PIS?

And his webbing was like a green lantern ring! He did some ridiculous shit with that webbing. sad

Grimm22
And his webbing was like a green lantern ring! He did some ridiculous shit with that webbing. sad

He did ridiculous *h*t with everything

Seriously, pwning the FF twice! and then taking down the classic avengers!?!?!

jinzin
So what comics give out stats now? roll eyes (sarcastic) Does the back of the comics give you a stat breakdown wink uhhhh it's called a handbook.. confused

What the f**k?

I read comics just as much as most people on here. Are you a comic GURU? concerning wolverine, venom, sabretooth, and spiderman?............................................ yes. no expression

Probably not, but that is beside the fact. what fact? confused
so why did you ask?
erm

You are obviously here to defend Wolverine I'm just stating facts.

and I am not raggin on him, no one said you were.

so what are his real stats confused what do you mean here; do you mean what are his handbook stats NOW? or rather what is wolverine REALLY capible of? cause they're two different things.

You stated that marvel stats go against what is shown. So in other words most of the stuff is PIS correct. not neccessarily...

if COULD be that stats are just wrong... remember?

So I can argue that the stats are somewhat correct but what they show is inconsistant correct. smile

brainchild81
Namor hitting Wolvie & Wolvie not flying. I've heard Wolvie fought Gladiator for days.Originally posted by Martian_mind
Oh my Balls have descended...into ur mothers mouth laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>