Darth Vader or Anakin Skywalker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Antaeus
Darth Vader at his prime as machine-man or
Anakin Skywalker at his prime before he became Darth Vader?

Personally I go for Darth Vader. As Anakin he had more speed and higher midichlorians, but he was not yet an experienced Jedi though he killed Dooku easy and was extremely powerful already.

As Darth Vader he was full experienced in the force and he got extra power from the dark side.

queeq
Anakin WAS Vader at his prime.... What a stupid poll....

Antaeus
You just do not understand the poll.

When was he strongest - as Anakin at his prime just before he become Vader or when be was Vader.

But judged from your "Anakin WAS Vader at his prime...." I suggest that you would vote for Anakin if you have voted and not just called the poll stupid.

Edit: It is not nice calling other peoples poll stupid, especially when you are a MODERATOR - I made this poll because I think it was very interesting. When was Anakin/Vader strongest - as Vader or as Anakin?

The Planet
OT Vader is a slow and unskilled piece of shit, Anakin would merk him in saber combat, but it's been shown that Vader's force mastery is beyond Anakin's, even if his connection has been weakened.

Antaeus
Planet, this do not answer the question - who would win in a fight (if they could smile )? Would Anakin win because of his speed and light-saber skill or would Vader win using the force?

None of you voted ???

The Planet
Doesn't this go in the SW versus section? Anyways, Anakin would just overwhelm him in lightsaber combat, and I'm pretty sure Vader wouldn't be able to do jack with the force. Anakin wins.

Antaeus
Which section?
We got 3 Star Wars sections - I thought this was the best.
Do we got other than these 3?

Anakin may be better though it is not my opinion - but I respect yours. Judged from only the movies I have always thought that Darth Vader was the Greatest of them all - he always seemed so powerful and it have only been just a matter of time before he decided to kill Sidious (my opinion).

queeq
I didn't vote, because it's so lame.

Antaeus
Why is it lame? - it is a question of when Anakin/Vader was best - as Anakin or as Vader - I think it is a fair question.

Tangible God
You mean the Darth Vader before he was Mustafared by Obi-Wan compared to the Darth Vader as of the OT?

If that's it, then I'd say OT Vader would lose to pre-suit Vader's speed.

queeq
Vader=Anakin... Obviously Anakin could wipe out someone like Dooku... doesn't get much better than that. After that it was downhill...

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
Anakin WAS Vader at his prime.... What a stupid poll....

laughing

queeq
Alliance gets it.

JaehSkywalker
Anakin's faster. But Vader's better in the force.

Vader tries to choke Anakin, he gets affected but it doesn't kill him. Anakin attacts, and kills Vader.

*shrugs* IMO.

so.. Anakin wins.

queeq
Bizarre...

Alliance
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
Anakin's faster. But Vader's better in the force.

Vader tries to choke Anakin, he gets affected but it doesn't kill him. Anakin attacts, and kills Vader.

*shrugs* IMO.

so.. Anakin wins.

Vader was a weakling, his ability to use the force was nothing compared to Anakins. He crippled himself.

The synthesis, as queeq pointed out, was Anakin/Vaders strongest point. And he can't beat himself physically.

Though its ironic that when Anakin is a synthesis of light and dark, he is at his best. Maybe Lucas is trying to say something about the REAL balance of the force.

queeq
No. Lucas says balance is light only. You always try this, don't you, alliance.

And if tehre are such hints from lucas it's only because he didn't think things through very well.

Antaeus
Originally posted by Tangible God
You mean the Darth Vader before he was Mustafared by Obi-Wan compared to the Darth Vader as of the OT?

If that's it, then I'd say OT Vader would lose to pre-suit Vader's speed.

Anakin before he was named Darth Vader by Sidious
(he was probably at his prime when he was fighting Dooku in ep. 3)

Darth Vader after the fight with Obi Wan in ep. 3 - when he became a machine.
(he was probably at his prime in episode 5 or episode 6)

When was he best - as Anakin or as Darth Vader as we know him in the old movies?

queeq
That's obvious: Anakin.

Antaeus
Yes for the most of you (speed win over force.....).
I do not agree - I think he was best as Vader.

PS. Anakin or Vader - he is for sure better than Obi Wan at his prime (big mistake from Lucas that Obi Wan could win in ep. 3 when Anakin was so powerful. Obi Wan had absolutely no chance against Dooku, but Anakin took out Dooku in a minute. - no logic).

Tangible God
Anakin in ROTS was immensley more powerful in both speed and the Force, likely strength too, in comparison to suit-Vader in ROTS.

Give Vader until RODV, then we'll see.

queeq
RODV?

Antaeus
Anakin in ROTS was immensley more powerful in both speed and the Force, likely strength too, in comparison to suit-Vader in ROTS.

Give Vader until RODV, then we'll see.

What are you talking about ????

At their PRIME .
"Suit Vader" was not at his prime in ep. 3 (ROTS). He was at his prime in ep. 5 or ep. 6.

Marxman
Originally posted by The Planet
OT Vader is a slow and unskilled piece of shit, Anakin would merk him in saber combat, but it's been shown that Vader's force mastery is beyond Anakin's, even if his connection has been weakened.

Untrue. You're basing it simply on the fact that the lightsaber battles in Episodes I-III were faster than the ones in Episodes IV-VI. However, if you would research things a little bit before posting you'd know that Vader fought a resurrected Darth Maul whooped him. Darth Maul was trained to beat on Jedi so he was bad ass with a lightsaber. As Anakin Skywalker, servant of the light, he wouldn't have stood a chance.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Antaeus
What are you talking about ????

At their PRIME .
"Suit Vader" was not at his prime in ep. 3 (ROTS). He was at his prime in ep. 5 or ep. 6. I'll be honest, you confused me quite a bit earlier, I was just winging it.

But, no, Vader may not be as fast as Anakin, or not have as much potential, but suit-Vader is still physically more powerful and able in the Force than Anakin.

Pepsi_Blue_Fan
I wonder why Luke as young as he was...wasn't just as fast as the young ones in Ep 1 though 3....I think because his masters weren't able to show him how to do those fancey flips and such...and doing everyting super fast and all..Luke was just as slow as the rest of the siths and jedis in the OT. O_O

Alliance
Luke was a eunuch "jedi".

Antaeus
Originally posted by Pepsi_Blue_Fan
I wonder why Luke as young as he was...wasn't just as fast as the young ones in Ep 1 though 3....I think because his masters weren't able to show him how to do those fancey flips and such...and doing everyting super fast and all..Luke was just as slow as the rest of the siths and Jedi's in the OT. O_O

I think that is a "time-thing" Luke probably had the best master of them all - Yoda.
If Lucas was going to make Star Wars ep. 4-6 today, Luke would probably be as fast as the Jedi's or Sith's we saw in ep. 1-3.

Marxman and Tangible God have you voted?

queeq
Hmmm..

Tangible God
Yes, I voted Anakin.

JaehSkywalker
*shrugs*

AstroFan
Wouldnt it technically be Vader?

He was at his prime when he was burned, but he was already Vader. lol

JaehSkywalker
*nods, then shrugs*

Marxman
Now I did smile

JaehSkywalker
you did what?

Marxman
I don't see Vader being much slower than Anakin in lightsaber combat. Mainly because to me it looked like he was cut mid-forearm, leaving the two main joints used in sword fighting (elbow and shoulder) his own.

And even if he did lose his elbow, its now machine, which would make it better. I mean, they have the technology to control light! He no longer has to rely on the limited strength of human muscle. He has the strength of hydraulics (or whatever they use in the SW universe).

Marxman
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
you did what?

Voted

JaehSkywalker
oh... okay. *shrugs. again.*

((The_Anomaly))
Vader. Why you ask? Because...

Antaeus
Originally posted by AstroFan
Wouldnt it technically be Vader?

He was at his prime when he was burned, but he was already Vader. lol

Read and you will know.....
But here it is AGAIN:

queeq
THis is getting ridiculous.

Antaeus

No one hold you in here whistle

queeq
True, but I happen to be modding this place. So I have powerrr UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!

Antaeus
sleep sleep

Alliance
True, but I happen to be modding this place. So I have powerrr UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!

ninja

Kadesh
heh, since when anakin > vader, alot of fanboyism going on, Firstly in RODV sidious stated to vader that had dooku been stronger than vader(mechanical), Dooku would still be his right hand.

Vader > anakin in the force
vader > anakin even in lightsaber due to vaders mastery of djem so, and isnt vader physically stronger than anakin? which would make his djem os far stronger?

Lets not forget vader could parry the attacks of 8 jedi masters at once and pwn 4 of them before getting backstabbed

Alliance
laughing out loud Thats EU and does not count here. You are a fanboy my friend smile

Lets not forget that Vader looks pained to even raise his saber. Anakin could dance on his shiny helmet.

Jedi Priestess

Then darling by all means please use it and close this thread since it's been done before and the results this time are the same as last. kiss

Tangible God
True, but I happen to be modding this place. So I have powerrr UNLIMITED POWER!!!!! Well you are under arrest, My Mod.

Alliance
laughing out loud

JaehSkywalker

Kadesh
Originally posted by Alliance
laughing out loud Thats EU and does not count here. You are a fanboy my friend smile

Lets not forget that Vader looks pained to even raise his saber. Anakin could dance on his shiny helmet. lol when we debate star wars we include c-canon and g-canon and yes, im a vader fanboy, no pain admitting it and what vader has done in the EU is c-canon which does not contradict G-canon

The Planet
By GL's own admission, Vader as a duelist is inferior to PT duelists such as TPM Obi-Wan, so Anakin pwns his ass. To argue against that is arguing against canon, Kadesh.

coolmovies
Darth Vader thats why the OT is better stick out tongue

Alliance
Originally posted by Kadesh
lol when we debate star wars we include c-canon and g-canon and yes, im a vader fanboy, no pain admitting it and what vader has done in the EU is c-canon which does not contradict G-canon

We're all fanboys of something, but that doesn't remove my right to harass people about it smile.

queeq
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Then darling by all means please use it and close this thread since it's been done before and the results this time are the same as last. kiss

No, my darling, it is all in my power to torture these board members with more of this terribly useless thread. evil face

Alliance
Well you cetainly do a good job of it erm

Unless this forum should just be closed and you lose your modship erm

Kadesh
Originally posted by Captain Planet
By GL's own admission, Vader as a duelist is inferior to PT duelists such as TPM Obi-Wan, so Anakin pwns his ass. To argue against that is arguing against canon, Kadesh. Lucas never stated that vader was inferior to the PT duelers, dont have to lie

Alliance
Yes he did. Watch the episode I web documentaries about "The Prime of the Jedi"

queeq
Well you cetainly do a good job of it erm

Unless this forum should just be closed and you lose your modship erm

Lose? Hardly. I am furniture here....

Kadesh
Yes he did. Watch the episode I web documentaries about "The Prime of the Jedi" He only said the pt duelers were in their prime of dueling, he never said any pt dueler would automatically win, dont have to back up a liar alliance. Claiming that any pt character with a lightsaber would beat vader automatically is pure bull isnt it?

Alliance
No its not.

Vader was a decripit, unmotivated hulking cyborg. Scray, but not really adept at saber fighting. Like him all you want, Anakin would have kicked his plastic arse.

Kadesh
No its not.

Vader was a decripit, unmotivated hulking cyborg. Scray, but not really adept at saber fighting. Like him all you want, Anakin would have kicked his plastic arse. Vader didnt get weaker after getting injured, he just lost most of his potential, And tell me, how is anakin going to kill vader when vader could kill some one when not being even there? Anakin couldnt even kill some one with force choke, his wife who is not a force user. And did you forget that EU vader is c-canon? who would mop the floor with anakins ass

Alliance

Tangible God
Ahem... pwned.

aldisyoyo
word

Sexyback
LMAO! laughing laughing

queeq
Quite eloquent.

Alliance
And grammatically incorrect.

queeq
True...

Kadesh

queeq
Eu sucks.

Alliance
Yeah...thats all I'll say to that.

Did he just imply that I speak in leet like an obsessive newb? confused

Sexyback
Kadesh, you do realise that it's a fact that Vader sucks ass, the highest and only true form of canon shows this, and GL has indicated as much, so any source that has Vader doing anything special is rendered invalid, simply because it contradicts the fact that Vader sucks ass, bad. Baring in mind, this is only in respect to saber dueling.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Sexyback
Kadesh, you do realise that it's a fact that Vader sucks ass, the highest and only true form of canon shows this, and GL has indicated as much, so any source that has Vader doing anything special is rendered invalid, simply because it contradicts the fact that Vader sucks ass, bad. Baring in mind, this is only in respect to saber dueling. O yes i do, i so damm agree that the OT makes vader look like a pussy wow that pretty amazing.

Wrong captain planet, GL never stated that vader was weak, he himself stated vader was 80% as powerful as sidious and that palpatine made a statment saying vader had limitations due to his mentality, not his injuries.
And where was the quote that gl stated vader sucks ass? This point has been refuted by gideon, general kenobi and acstyles thousands of time and you still use it as an arguement

By the way, the things i listed, it was DECLARED c-canon, contradictions are handled by leland chee and a statement would come out, so far no statement = no contradiction = no evidence that vader sucks ass

Tangible God
Just because i didnt reply doesnt mean shit Yeah that's right, I said that because you didn't reply.

DOING!

*you just got hit in the head with a beach ball*

Kadesh
Yeah that's right, I said that because you didn't reply.

DOING!

*you just got hit in the head with a beach ball*

Your sarcasm fails miserably, i havnt even started to debate yet,

And i bear grudges against vader-haters, since he is pretty much the 2nd most underrated character besides nihilus

Sexyback
O yes i do, i so damm agree that the OT makes vader look like a pussy wow that pretty amazing.

Well it's nice that you agree.

What don't you get about the 80% referring to Vader's force potential? I'm talking purely in respect to Vader's dueling.

Cryptic quotes won't change the fact that the highest form of canon shows Vader sucking ass, bad.

Well he makes it clear that Vader is one slow piece of crap in the 'Prime of the Jedi' video.

That's not how it works Kadesh, Leland Chee doesn't decide what are contradictions and what aren't, he's an LFL employee, that's all, if something's a contradiction, it just is, and a statement from an LFL employee doesn't confirm/dispute that. He just sorts through canon, he doesn't dictate things like that. Sure, the events that you mentioned themselves are canon, but anything inside the material that indicates or implies that Vader doesn't suck ass, bad, is rendered invalid, it's that simple.

Using his fight with 'Darth Maul' as an example, Leland Chee stated that the comic book issue and the fight itself are canon, that is correct, I wouldn't want to dispute that, but any panel that for example, shows Vader moving in blurs or anything like that would simply be rendered invalid. So the fight itself is in continuity, but anything inside the fight that contradicts the movies is rendered invalid, and can't be used in debates.

Alliance
And i bear grudges against vader-haters, since he is pretty much the 2nd most underrated character besides nihilus

No one hates vader, we're just not phycho-obsessive idealizing fanboys, running around screaming "Z0mG! v@D3r i$ h@xX0rZ!!!!!" and talking about "c-canon which does not contradict G-canon" which no one really understands. You run around spewing this crap and then bite the head off everyone that is not some guy who wants Vader to rape him.

Basiacally, you're a hormone raging vader fanboy.

Lets clear this up, because I'm sure queeq and Ush wouldn't mind a clarification.

At KMC, there is ONE type of cannon, and its not some nerd's website, its the movies. Period. Its in the rules, read it yourself. If you have an issue, talk to the mods, but whatever other "cannons" you are using are not recognized here.

queeq
And it's called "CANON".... Cannons are things you shoot with....

Alliance
laughing out loud but cannon is so much more exciting. smile

queeq
It's used for blowing holes... but the PT already has many holes.

Alliance
better holes than crap like th OT erm

Tangible God
Your sarcasm fails miserably, i havnt even started to debate yet, No? Wow.

Alliance
Exactly.

Sexyback
Kadesh is from Thailand, you know?

Alliance
Bhumibol smile

Tangible God
Kadesh is from Thailand, you know? Does that mean they have Kindergarten level debate clubs there?

Kadesh
Kadesh is from Thailand, you know?

Lol you do know im not from thailand right? Man you are such a n00b

aldisyoyo
we were just kiddin, we all know your from south korea smile

Kadesh
Does that mean they have Kindergarten level debate clubs there? Nope, but there are retard debating classes in canada

Kadesh
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
we were just kiddin, we all know your from south korea smile Lol im from north korea actually, i murdered the president and i am sitting on his throne typing sh!t across the internet and im on crack eating twinkies and shooting condoms across the world big grin

Kadesh

Basiacally, you're a hormone raging vader fanboy.

If i was a hormone raging vader fanboy i would have have anal sex with him by now

Tis just a joke so chill yea

Alliance
1. You just triple posted.

2. I don't even know where to start.

Kadesh
i couldnt edit, what do you expect me to do?

o wait ignore that, could have edited, thought the 15 min time went out

queeq
better holes than crap like th OT erm

Huh? See! I knew it, you don't like SW. All you like is clones.

the OT made history, the PT did not and never will.

Kadesh
werent storm trooper clones too? or did they switch clones with ewoks.

Anyways i agree, OT >PT, The PT doesnt even look like it connects to the OT

queeq
Why not? I repeats everything from the OT, endlessly....

Alliance
Huh? See! I knew it, you don't like SW. All you like is clones.

the OT made history, the PT did not and never will.

Rephrasing:

Star Wars made history (ANH)

None of the other films were significant beyond a pop-culture role.

Period. For the record, I like both trilogies and consider them one. However, the PT has much more of a meaning to me, personally.

People don't hesitate to put the OT up on a podium. Honestly, it sucks, just like the PT. ANH was the only credible piece of art to come out of this saga.

So I say quitchourbtchin and look at this saga objectively.

Kongu Dude
v

queeq
ESB topped ANH... it generally gets higher ranking than ANH, even among non-sci-fi loving critics.

Alliance
I don't care. ANH was the revolution in filmaking. Its historical significance far surpasses any other SW movie.

Sexyback
I saw it in order from 1-6, so ESB kinda sucked for me (with no plot twist), like the worst of all 6. But really, excluding historical significance and all that, the PT pwns over the OT, badly.

Alliance
cool

Sexyback
Except for the clones, they sucked. smile

queeq
I saw it in order from 1-6, so ESB kinda sucked for me (with no plot twist), like the worst of all 6. But really, excluding historical significance and all that, the PT pwns over the OT, badly.

See how terrible the PT is!!!

coolmovies
How can u say ESB sucked ?? mad Its the best Star wars movie ever the PT sucks

queeq
I can imagine a lot of ESB's magic is gone if you see it in sequence for the first time. That fact that it had the biggest movie shocker of all time in it, is kinda gone after seeing the PT. "No. IIII am your father."

coolmovies
I agree

Tangible God
To me, Star Wars itself is ruined if you don't see the OT first.

queeq
Yeah, I fear I have to agree with that.

Kadesh
SW was wrecked for me badly, i saw EP1 first >< then i saw rotj before ESB

Trust me though the PT sucks ass compared to the OT

queeq
Hehehehe

Jack Daniels
hard to say on this one....I was young but was actually there when episode 4 was in theater....had to promise parents to go str8 to bed if they would take me to 11 o clock show since 9 was sold out...er maybe 7 was sold out and went at 9 ...not sure..anyways I remember the excitement of esb coming out! I could honestly say doesnt matter which OT you saw first it would all be good....PT 1st ....maybe if you skipped episode 1???? dam now Im confused okay Im gonna go with vader since Im from that era.....though force power wise annie(reason being if vader would have grown in force power he wouldnt have needed luke to defeat emperor AND he would have crushed power deminished old version obiwanwheelchairwith a waive of the hand...thinking lack of midichlorians from missing limbs?)...so Im jus screwed I cant vote.....????? anyone follow that or am I just messed up to much?confused1

Antaeus
I still think they are good - even though I know that Vader is the father and have seen them 20 times ..... stick out tongue

But, if one know nothing about Star Wars - start with the OT - I will agree.

queeq
Yep.

Alliance
Actually, I found a Star Wars Virgin, and she like the prequels better, when watched I-VI.

queeq
She?

Jack Daniels
laughing out loud

queeq
Pic?

Jack Daniels
photo pic please...lol

queeq
Indeed.

Grievous28
I say Anakin. He's cutest.

queeq
You don't like black leather?

Lord Tyrant
Originally posted by The Sith'ari

Vader is a slow and unskilled piece of shit laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Count Makashi
In a saber match, Anakin, with Force powers its close, i don't know.

queeq
If AVder is unskilled, what does that say about Anakin?

RedQueenRomanov
Let's not forget... Anakin had become Vader before Mustafar - remember - after Mace Windu died... he was Vader then.

queeq
That wasn't really the point.

overlord
Kadesh, you do realise that it's a fact that Vader sucks ass, the highest and only true form of canon shows this, and GL has indicated as much, so any source that has Vader doing anything special is rendered invalid, simply because it contradicts the fact that Vader sucks ass, bad. Baring in mind, this is only in respect to saber dueling. Yup, everyone in the OT can't duel for sh!t and could barely hold a lightsaber in their hands. Actually Lucas wanted to buy the movies away from everyone because he felt so ashamed of the bad OT trilogy!
Since it is virtually impossible he will just edit it to nothingness.

exanda kane
If Star Wars characters are brittled down into simple, computer game opponents like happens so horribly often, then the real point of the characters and their actions are completely lost.

In this case, most of you seem to have taken villain down from his throne as one of the most memorable, evil and scary villains on the screen and presented him into your geek arena as a Yorkshireman in a costume, designed when many of the lightsaber/jedi traits remained undeveloped.

Yes, comparing those two forms of Anakin in the context you are giving does show that a Hayden Christiansen pretending to be a Ninja with the help of CGI would probably beat a clunky old body builder from Northern England in some fan-fictional "swordfight", but alot of you don't seem to take into account that if CGI technology and EU material were available to use with the PT, then Darth Vader could only then be comparable to Anakin.

queeq
Meaning? A leaping and jumping Darth vader in the OT?

chinabing
Vader lept after Luke in TESB in the carbon chamber.

overlord
Yoda and Dooku never lost skills due to their age, Sidious was also an old freak. So in theory I see no reason why Obi Wan and Vader would be total noobs just because the original movies aren't over the top in people flying across the room.
In my opinion it's very childish to regard them as nothing, especially considering the SW technology allowed Vader enough flexibility and strength that you can expect in sci fi.
And what would the reason be of the deteriation of Kenobi's skill?

If we're gonna be wiseguy kids then we can also just say that the most offensive and defensive fighting styles don't need no crazy flip flops and are just effective no nonsense forms.

Count Makashi
Wasn't their an explanation for Kenobi becoming weaker, it goes something like this.
His injuries from the Clone wars finally caught up with him and because he lived in such a harsh environment, away form any medical facility.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Wasn't their an explanation for Kenobi becoming weaker, it goes something like this.
His injuries from the Clone wars finally caught up with him and because he lived in such a harsh environment, away form any medical facility.

That a silly explaination to make the ridiculousness of the PT seem feasible.

queeq
THe explanation is that during filming of the OT they didn't think of lots of leaping and jumping around. When the PT came around OB1 and Vader were suddenly discarded as "old and/or disabled".

Count Makashi
Yes, but they still needed to com up with some explanation from the story point of view.

queeq
Unfortunately yes. Suddenly the great heroes of the OT were turned into relics and cripples... just to save the PT's face.

exanda kane
Explanation to correct my earlier post*

...I don't think they need to come up with an explanation to show how Vader's "skill with uber force magic and lightsaber'eeeeeness decreased". I think people should have the cunning to realise that one set of films was made in the late 70's and the next lot 20 years later...and therefore, a comparison between the two is a little ridiculous.

queeq
But it's one story... a continuous story.

exanda kane
It isn't a continuous use of production techniques though, and that is what people who enjoy the sillier aspects of Star Wars such as pitching characters in gladiator fights get confused about.

In many ways, although it's the continued story, they are very different movies, and you yourself know this Queeq confused

queeq
I do. But what's that to a viewer. Not everyone watches a film for its productional background.

exanda kane
And not everyone watches the films to place characters in a versus fight mumbo-jumo, but it happens, as this thread clearly shows.

I'm loosing what you are actually debating here, in case my rant got out of control and misunderstood, I'll paraphrase;

...People that pitch Darth Vader into one of these gladiator contest often forget that they use the 1977 Yorkshire man in a suit as evidence for that character's "power". For his opponent they use depictions of a character from the films with some of the most excessive CGI ever used in cinema. They think that one of the greatest screen villains of all time is a pushover, simply because the developement in Star Wars lore and computer generated imaging at the time it was released...

On a personal note, I don't like these "versus" debates, I simply thought that as this one has strayed far of the Versus forum that I might point out to many of the people who posted, that they seem to be forgeting a big reason that the characters are depicted differently.

queeq
Ah... but there is a poitn to this. Vader was once the greatest villain in movie history, no one at the time of OT release thought this guy was a lame old cripple... Yet, the PT made Vader to be just that, in fact, Lucas said he was. So now Vader appears to be a push over.... and that is bad.

exanda kane
Yes, it's very bad, he's the greatest screen villain possibly ever, and his effect as a character is weakened because of opportunistic and excessive use of CGI in the new films, however that runs into the debates, or usually one sided rants about the PT, so I'll end that line now.

queeq
It's not particularly a rant against the PT, it has to do with inflation in a way. To make the PT up to date to today's standards they kinda had to do it. But it may have been more chique if Lucas had allowed the OT to restrain him a bit. Instead of just trying to explain everything, he could have chosen to make it tie in better with the OT in the sense of feel.

unknowable
Isn't Darth the complete version?

queeq
Pardon?

Alliance
It's not particularly a rant against the PT, it has to do with inflation in a way. To make the PT up to date to today's standards they kinda had to do it. But it may have been more chique if Lucas had allowed the OT to restrain him a bit. Instead of just trying to explain everything, he could have chosen to make it tie in better with the OT in the sense of feel.

Wouldn't that just be the same as not updating the PT to todays standards.

Honestly, I love the different feels between the PT and the OT. They address different elements of society at very differnet times. Its nice to feel that distinction.

And certainly from an artistic POV, Lucas had a very different message witht the PT than with the OT, and his change of style fits that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>