Beta Ray Bill's New Look

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/ofbrb.png

Scoobless
His arms are detachable!!!! .... eek!

laughing out loud

Soujaboy
I don't like it...

Howard_Jones
Aside from the fact they got his mouth wrong, it's not bad. I prefered his armor from the end of Stormbreaker though.

King_Mungi
Nor do I, but it looks like he is going back to his cyborg heritage and moving away from the Asgardian look.

Badabing
The more I look at it the more I like it.

Roldz
Kinda look like the Star Master mini look..

RogerRamjet
i couldn't tell the new look from the look he had in '92 srug

grey fox
Can't see it...

Priest
he looks bulkey

King Kandy
Originally posted by Priest
he looks bulkey
Yeah. Also his mouth looks... wrong.

Soujaboy
I like his gear at the end of Stormbreaker much more.

Scoobless
Or even his classic outfit

Lucid Lui
The colour's the worst part IMO.

I dunno why they'd even think he needs a new costume.

manjaro
also that cod piece is a little over killbig grin pic#2

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by manjaro

Bah. That's why Sif left Thor for him big grin

AcousticDoc
is there a reason for this? new powers?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
The colour's the worst part IMO.

I dunno why they'd even think he needs a new costume.

They did the same thing to Thor. He got some new gear at the end of Ragnarok, and they changed it to something new. The gear at the end or Ragnarok was the best I'd ever seen Thor look. Now it's the same situation with BRB, nice gear and they give him some new and deproved gear.

Swanky-Tuna
It could grow on me. It's like a recolor of his original Thor copy clothes and let me tell you this, the horseface pulls the whole thing together way better than a non-horseface does.

Soujaboy
I'm just tired of the capes...

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I'm just tired of the capes...

Well, the cape makes him look like royalty. He is an adopted son of the King of Asgard. Hell, he was the king for a short time.

bigbran
They did the same thing to Thor. He got some new gear at the end of Ragnarok, and they changed it to something new. The gear at the end or Ragnarok was the best I'd ever seen Thor look. Now it's the same situation with BRB, nice gear and they give him some new and deproved gear. Thor's Ragnarok one, was the best one, maybe even best costume in comics...

Also, I don't really like it. Beta's classic look was his finest look.

Accel
The side-view pic in the middle looks like he's thrusting his pelvis forward.

manjaro
no thats just his bulging cod piece...maybe he's anticipating etting kicked in the nads or something....this look isnt so bad to me, cuz remeber the rough sketch of iron spidey that marvel released looked a whole lot better when it showed up in comics, so im hoping the same thing happens here

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Well, the cape makes him look like royalty. He is an adopted son of the King of Asgard. Hell, he was the king for a short time.

Odin rarely if ever wora a cape....

BRB we never king of Asgard... roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
Odin rarely if ever wora a cape....

BRB we never king of Asgard... roll eyes (sarcastic) Ya he was. Ragnarok.
Thor made him king, for until he got back.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya he was. Ragnarok.
Thor made him king, for until he got back.

I wouldn't call that being King, more like vice president. stick out tongue

bigbran
I wouldn't call that being King, more like vice president. stick out tongue Still, temp king.

Soujaboy
Still, temp king.

No dammit, he's Vice President. mad

bigbran
No dammit, he's Vice President. mad Thor named him thine king, Ymir's blood!

Howard_Jones
I wouldn't call that being King, more like vice president. stick out tongue

Bah. Beta was a better king. He turned Fenris into a pile of smoking bones with minimal effort. big grin

Roldz
Gotta love that mini.. I prefer BRB cool than Thor beer..

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Roldz
Gotta love that mini.. I prefer BRB cool than Thor beer..

I shall smite thee for such treachery! No mortal shall speak of ill tongue towards the mighty Thor! mad

Roldz
Hehe.. Watch the 2nd Avengers movies special feature Bloopers.. Thor's such a drunk.. lol

Howard_Jones
I shall smite thee for such treachery! No mortal shall speak of ill tongue towards the mighty Thor! mad

I prefer him as well, to be honest. He's a fun dude to read. That, and he's like the Raymond of the MU. Everyone loves him.

Soujaboy
I prefer him as well, to be honest. He's a fun dude to read. That, and he's like the Raymond of the MU. Everyone loves him.

I've heard enough of thee mortal treason. Thy tongue shall be cut out, and fed to mortal dogs. That should be punishment enough, to teach a mortal his place. mad

grey fox

Those are his boots.

manorastroman
it's a little excessive, but the colors work very well.

thedude1948
It doesn't look that bad, the art in that picture just sucks. A good artist can make him look good, but I do prefer the capeless look Beta Ray Bill had in Stormbreaker.

bigbran
Originally posted by thedude1948
It doesn't look that bad, the art in that picture just sucks. A good artist can make him look good, but I do prefer the capeless look Beta Ray Bill had in Stormbreaker. Am I the only one, that didn't really like that one?

H. S. 6
A giant horse man should not be wearing a cape. It looks incredibly stupid.

Swanky-Tuna
I think more horsefaced men should wear capes.
Am I the only one, that didn't really like that one?
I wasn't a fan of that costume. It had a Dorothy Hamill haircut vibe to it.

Wolverine2006
This is my favorite Beta Ray Bill Costume

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c5/NewBRB.png/409px-NewBRB.png

Swanky-Tuna
That's the Dorothy Hamill haircut costume.

Howard_Jones
That's also the "I'm gonna send Asteroth to whatever hell she came from" costume.

grey fox
Me , I perfer his original to be honest.

bigbran
Originally posted by grey fox
Me , I perfer his original to be honest. Yup.

Validus
Never heard the phrase "hung like a horse" I see.

That costume sucks but a good artist, as always, can make it look good. I'm with everyone else who preferred his costume in Stormbreaker #6.

marvelprince
I didn't like the Stormbreaker costume much. The new one is ok. I think it'll come across much better once its polished up and drawn in the book

Soujaboy
Meh, the old one was ok.

Roldz
I prefer Thunderstrikes hammer/mace look.. Anybody recalls the name of it? Sorry kinda off topic..

King_Mungi
His mace was called Thunderstrike as well.

Roldz
Thanks.. Probably the least powerfull compared to Stormbreaker/Mjonir..

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I think more horsefaced men should wear capes.

No.

King_Mungi
Thanks.. Probably the least powerfull compared to Stormbreaker/Mjonir..

Vastly, and it couldn't do the same things Stormbreaker/Mjonir could do.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Vastly, and it couldn't do the same things Stormbreaker/Mjonir could do.

Not many weapons can, BRB's a lucky horse to be favored so by Odin. stick out tongue

Howard_Jones
Thunderstrike was cool though. Loved that series.

Roldz
Not many weapons can, BRB's a lucky horse to be favored so by Odin. stick out tongue
Even then Thunderstrike kinda handled well against his match with Jugg.. i seemed to remember he stopped Jugg on his track, too long ago dough dont have that comics anymore..

King_Mungi
Juggernaut walked over Thunderstike like he as nothing. He couldn't do anything to stop him.

Howard_Jones
Juggernaut walked over Thunderstike like he as nothing. He couldn't do anything to stop him.

He cut his helmet off and talked him down. no expression

Thor couldn't even do that.

Roldz
Yep broke the helmet... and he actually stoped him..

roughrider
The costume isn't so different from what he's had in the past. It can work for me. I like that the cape is burgandy - it's the best cape colour, other than black.
Thor's changes in look have been more radically different in the past, compared to this style for BRB. I'm a fan of Bill, so I know I'll accept it.

King_Mungi
Yep broke the helmet... and he actually stoped him..

How? did he have the bloodaxe at least?

bigbran
How? did he have the bloodaxe at least? Ya.

Howard_Jones

Yes, but he couldn't harness it's full power yet.

by the way guys, at least he's not in the male stripper outfit he had during Starmasters.

King_Mungi
Oh if he had bloodaxe then that's fine. That weapon was uber.

All Starmasters had awful attire.

Howard_Jones
That they did. That bloodaxe was awesome. Though Masterson had the weakest of the Uru, he had the second best control in combat. I'd say Bill's numero uno when it comes to Combat. He must practice with it a lot to be as good as he is.

King_Mungi
Definetly, as Oeming stated in an interview his apperances in Omega Flight is going to be a powerful incarnation.

Roldz
Yup he did have that, forgut about it..
I dont know i kinda like the Starmaster outfit... I know i did but cant remember it now..lol

Howard_Jones
Yup he did have that, forgut about it..
I dont know i kinda like the Starmaster outfit... I know i did but cant remember it now..lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f4/Beta_Ray_Bill1.jpg/800px-Beta_Ray_Bill1.jpg

Roldz
Okay no, i was wrong. Ive mixed up the outfit w/ i think Stormbreakers mini.. Thanks..

Howard_Jones
Not a problem.

Beta looks like he just got a massive tip at Chippendales in that pic.

Grimm22
Nor do I, but it looks like he is going back to his cyborg heritage and moving away from the Asgardian look.

Wait..he's a cyborg?!!?!

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wait..he's a cyborg?!!?!

He only has been for his entire run in comicdom.

King_Mungi
Wait..he's a cyborg?!!?!

He's been always a cyborg, since the start of his career. He currently still is in "Thor" form as revealed in Strombreaker.

Validus
Wait..he's a cyborg?!!?!
laughing out loud

roughrider
To be accurate - he had cybernetic enhancements, along with the vicious genetic treatment he went under, to turn him into the formidable fighting champion for his people. Not strictly a 'cyborg' like say, Deathlok.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by roughrider
To be accurate - he had cybernetic enhancements, along with the vicious genetic treatment he went under, to turn him into the formidable fighting champion for his people. Not strictly a 'cyborg' like say, Deathlok.

No one said otherwise.

DarkCrawler
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f4/Beta_Ray_Bill1.jpg/800px-Beta_Ray_Bill1.jpg

laughing out loud laughing

Jesus Christ I hate the 90's.

Zahit
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
laughing out loud laughing

Jesus Christ I hate the 90's.
INDEED.
The ONLY period in my entire life that I stopped buying comics...
...except Sandman....

bigbran
Wait, is the other form of Beta a cyborg, when he loses his hammer for a while, or reverts?

I pondered at this...

Because Thor isn't a god, when he reverts, so would Beta be a cyborg?

Howard_Jones
Wait, is the other form of Beta a cyborg, when he loses his hammer for a while, or reverts?

I pondered at this...

Because Thor isn't a god, when he reverts, so would Beta be a cyborg?

Nope. When Beta reverts, he's full Korbinite. Odin did that for him.

bigbran
Nope. When Beta reverts, he's full Korbinite. Odin did that for him. That's what I thought...

King_Mungi
Well currently he reverts to a human homeless man who is actually from Canada thanks to the recent Stormbreaker mini. He doesn't revert back to his Korbinite form.

Howard_Jones
Well currently he reverts to a human homeless man who is actually from Canada thanks to the recent Stormbreaker mini. He doesn't revert back to his Korbinite form.

Whoops. Beta Ray fan forgot about Simon Walters. Whoops.

Grimm22
I always just thought he was Thor is he was an alien horse guy sad

bigbran
Well currently he reverts to a human homeless man who is actually from Canada thanks to the recent Stormbreaker mini. He doesn't revert back to his Korbinite form. Oh ya, forgot about that.

Grimm22

So Beta Ray Bill is actually a homeless canadian guy who transforms into a Cyborg Horse Thor?

Wow and I thought Wolverine was ****ed up eek!

Soujaboy
So Beta Ray Bill is actually a homeless canadian guy who transforms into a Cyborg Horse Thor?

Ya, he'd be better if he was an orange rock...

King_Mungi

Well in Stormbreaker Bill died and a mysterious figure who has yet to be revealed reincarnated him to use the body of a homeless man who died in an ally way so Bill wouldn't truely die.

It's a cyborg horse thor transforms into a homeless Canadian guy, meh! it's basically what Thor did turning to a human host.

roughrider
So they find the one homeless guy in Canada, and he gets bonded to BRB?
WTF? They trying to besmirch my country's name? stick out tongue

Lucid Lui
Or you could take it to mean that even the homeless people in Canada are worthy enough to wield Stormbreaker and protect the universe.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Or you could take it to mean that even the homeless people in Canada are worthy enough to wield Stormbreaker and protect the universe.

That's it cool
====
Well actually Simon when he "became" Bill was was living in New York and I had no idea he was Canadian until Oeming revealed him to be in an interview. He even admited he didn't preplan this a head of time to coincide with Omega Flight

http://www.marvel.com/blogs/agent_m
"What's funny, is that lined up unintentionally. At the end of the Stormbreaker limited series, starring Beta Ray Bill, he took on a human identity who lived in Canada. That wasn't, at the time, a set up for doing a Canadian superteam book, but it winds up pretty well and there's more to it than that. It's interesting. I think people will be entertained. If it were me, as a reader, I'd be going into this book like "how the heck does this make any sense if these guys are together." but when all is said and done, I think it will."

Grimm22
Ya, he'd be better if he was an orange rock...

Hey an orange rock with a cool catchphrase at that much stick out tongue

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by H. S. 6
No.
It must be so. The cape offsets the horse for a face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.