JSA Relaunch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Devil Lance
Is anyone else here excited about the upcoming JSA relaunch.

I am

Johns +Ross+ Eaglesham-= best team book out there smile

the only flaw I can see in it is the team having too big of a roster

Accel
I've personally been looking forward to this more than the new JLA launch.

Howard_Jones
Oh no. Johns is writing it?

That sucks.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Oh no. Johns is writing it?

That sucks.

huh whats wrong with Johns confused
his last run on JSA was fantastic smile

Howard_Jones
Then he wrote Infinite Crisis, which was garbage.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Then he wrote Infinite Crisis, which was garbage.

I liked Infinite Crisis wink

DigiMark007
With big events, it may have 1 writer, but it's a company-wide project. Love it or hate it, Johns didn't do everything with the IC story....it would have gone through multiple people before being approved.

Anyway, I'm thrilled. I lost interest in the Lantern Corps ongoing series, so I may look into reading JSA regularly.

Big roster...yeah. Not so great. But it was consistently better than JLA before, so I'm looking forward to it.

kenobi
I am looking forward to the new JSA relaunch. My favorite character is Wildcat and the JSA has consistently had better stories than the JLA IMO.

Lucid Lui
I'll be reading it. Not sure how excited i am though as i haven't really read JSA before. And i haven't read much on the relaunch yet.

Super Guy
Well, all the last JSA series are available in TPB...
And, yeah, this is gonna be awesome... droolio

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
With big events, it may have 1 writer, but it's a company-wide project. Love it or hate it, Johns didn't do everything with the IC story....it would have gone through multiple people before being approved.
Yeah, big events are written by editorial despite the name on the cover. All the writer can do is steer it towards the finale which was determine several months prior.

Anyways, Johns last run on JSA made it the top team book on the market. smile

Devil Lance
Here are some character sketches by Dale Eaglesham

Stargirl
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stargirlrc8.jpg

Obsidian
http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=obsidianta6.jpg

Liberty Bell
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=libertybellekj9.jpg

Hourman
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hourmanle3.jpg

Hawkman
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hawkmanwk1.jpg

helmet of Fate
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drfateop4.jpg

Damage
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=damagece8.jpg

Commander Steel
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=commandersteelmw5.jpg

Wildcat
http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wildcatup5.jpg

DigiMark007
Is Alan Scott still on the roster? This is a huge factor of whether or not I'll still actually be interested in it.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Is Alan Scott still on the roster? This is a huge factor of whether or not I'll still actually be interested in it.

Yep he's one of the members that form the team wink

Validus
It wouldn't be the JSA without Alan and Jay.

db_renji
Is Mr. Terrific still leading the team? I don't know if this is going to be better than JLA right now, but I'll check it out. I'm really more interested in the JLA/JSA crossover next year.

King_Mungi
Issue #1 came out today, quite good I really enjoyed it.

Deathstroke
I liked it too. I wasn't expecting Starman to be like that, and there was a "52" mention.

King_Mungi
Yeah Starman of course is a split image of insane Genis. I like it.

Deathstroke
Did Mr. America come before Captain America? I read that his first appearance as Mr. America was in Action Comics #33 and that issue came out in Feb. of 1941. Wikipedia has Caps first appearance as March of 1941. hmmmm...interesting.

King_Mungi
Mr.America came out June 1938, the same comic issue that revealed Superman for the first time.

Validus
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yeah Starman of course is a split image of insane Genis. I like it.
What? confused

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Validus
What? confused

Starman is insane, crazy as a loon and has cosmic attire. Of course he's not a true mirror image, but it's similar

I'm suprized you havn't bought it yet,

DigiMark007
I'll probably buy it this weekend. I need to make a stop to pick up...."ammunition"...for the tourney anyway.

Deathstroke
Mr.America came out June 1938, the same comic issue that revealed Superman for the first time.

Oh, I was thinking that it was just Tex Thompson in Action Comics #1 and that he wasn't Mr. America till later.

Who are the first and second smartest people on DC earth since Mr. T is 3rd?

Validus
Starman is insane, crazy as a loon and has cosmic attire. Of course he's not a true mirror image, but it's similar

I'm suprized you havn't bought it yet,
Wasn't able to get to my shop until today.

But Psycho-Vell totally stole the costume from Starman.

And damn folks, no talk about Kal-L and Kingdom Come Superman on that last page?!

Deathstroke
I don't know what they're gonna do with Kal-L. I can't imagine them bringing him back to life. At least not so soon after IC.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Validus
Wasn't able to get to my shop until today.

But Psycho-Vell totally stole the costume from Starman.

And damn folks, no talk about Kal-L and Kingdom Come Superman on that last page?!

and Dawnstar and Sandman's vision , and Wildcat's son eek!

this was one of the best #1's in a while thumb up

JSA>JLA

Starman is my new favorite character

I love sloppy joes stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Yeah I wasn't sure if it would be the real Earth 2 Superman or some trick, only time will tell

Devil Lance
Yeah I wasn't sure if it would be the real Earth 2 Superman or some trick, only time will tell

theres an interview on newsarama where Geof Johns says that , that hand is not a dream or a zombie eek!

Validus
I bet Earth 2 Superman being alive relates to that alternate Earth that the Flashes found.

King_Mungi
Very good then I'm happy. I didn't read any interviews for JSA as I didn't want to be spoiled

Black Adam
first time getting anything JSA related. Real good issue. I'll be adding this to my buy list.

Super Guy
Wait... you call yourself Black Adam and have never read any JSA until now? One is surprised...

Black Adam
Originally posted by Super Guy
Wait... you call yourself Black Adam and have never read any JSA until now? One is surprised...

read most of johns run a few months back. I meant this would be the first JSA related title I didn't torrent.

But the reason I did pick this name was because I though it sounded cool . I really didn't know anything about Black Adam until about 3 days after changing my name.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Who are the first and second smartest people on DC earth since Mr. T is 3rd?

Batman and Luthor if im not mistaken. Joker should be up there to imo.

pr1983
Originally posted by jrodslam
Batman and Luthor if im not mistaken. Joker should be up there to imo.

Supes too, though he's an alien...

bought this, and the only jsa i'd read was the atom smasher's spectre and encounter and thereafter... good issue, though i am new to the jsa, and ill be picking up issue 2...

Super Guy
Originally posted by Black Adam
read most of johns run a few months back. I meant this would be the first JSA related title I didn't torrent.

But the reason I did pick this name was because I though it sounded cool . I really didn't know anything about Black Adam until about 3 days after changing my name. Ah, all is revealed... gotta get up to a comic shop and get #1... JSA rocks my socks! (except the last arc of the 2nd volume... that sucked A LOT)!

kenobi
Originally posted by jrodslam
Batman and Luthor if im not mistaken. Joker should be up there to imo. I thought that the Ray Palmer Atom and Luthor were the two smartest people in the DC universe. Marvesls Reed Richards would own them all though. smile

StyleTime
I liked the first issue. I'll probably get the next couple of issues before I decide to keep with this series as I don't normally follow JSA. I liked Gen13 #1 and Wildcats #1 better though.

Validus
I liked Wildcats #1 too. Shame I have to wait til March to read #2.

StyleTime
Yeah. What's the deal with #2 anyway?

And did you not like Gen13?

Validus
Yeah I did. I just wanted to slip in that Wildcats remark. stick out tongue

StyleTime
laughing

Deathstroke
Not to get too far off topic, but Wildcats is making me mad. Well, more specifically Jim Lee is making me mad (I like Wildcats). Why can't he get a book out on time ever?

pr1983
Not to get too far off topic, but Wildcats is making me mad. Well, more specifically Jim Lee is making me mad (I like Wildcats). Why can't he get a book out on time ever?

maybe he's a perfectionist... stick out tongue

does anyone have any theory as to mr. america's attacker?

Deathstroke
I honestly don't know many JSA villains. On the DC website the description for issue 4 says something to the effect that the tragedy of who is behind the attacks is "close to home" and shows Damage blowing up a building. I didn't think they'd give away the villain like that, but the real villain may have some connection to a current member.

pr1983
I honestly don't know many JSA villains. On the DC website the description for issue 4 says something to the effect that the tragedy of who is behind the attacks is "close to home" and shows Damage blowing up a building. I didn't think they'd give away the villain like that, but the real villain may have some connection to a current member.

its entirely possible... i too am not too knowledgable when it comes to jsa villains...

King_Mungi
I follow JSA quite faithfully, but those who don't know here are some of their villians

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/JSA.asp

pr1983
I follow JSA quite faithfully, but those who don't know here are some of their villians

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/JSA.asp

thumb up

Devil Lance

Damage isn't the villain he was at the JSA HQ when Mr. America crashed through the roof wink

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Damage isn't the villain he was at the JSA HQ when Mr. America crashed through the roof wink

Yeah, I know he's not the one that beat up Mr. America, but from the solicit they made it sound like whoever was behind it had a connection to the team. I doubt Damage would be behind it anyway, because I don't think they'd give it away on the cover like that.

Super Guy
Yeah, most writers are generally not stupid enought o do that... though was it GLC where they showed the murderer on the cover of the reveal issue or something?

Deathstroke
I think GLC did do that.

WrathfulDwarf
Very good 1st issue. I wonder what's the mystery behind Mr. America. hmm

Devil Lance
2nd issue was amazing Wildcat's son is very cool

and starman Rocks eek!

King_Mungi
Hawkman's back!!!! woot. Very glad

Also very interesting with Starman's big relevation.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hawkman's back!!!! woot. Very glad

Also very interesting with Starman's big relevation.

I been saying for ever that the kingdom was cannon. But every one and their mother called me nvrhadaclue. will wonders NEVER cease.

Deathstroke
I have Kingdom Come, but I don't have The Kingdom. Who was Starman again?

King_Mungi
I have Kingdom Come, but I don't have The Kingdom. Who was Starman again?

Danny Blaine/Thom Kallor, who was Starboy from the Legion of Superheroes

Deathstroke
Ah ok. Thanks KM.

StyleTime
Well, I know I am not the only one reading this.

What did you all think of #4? The fights, save for Wildcat and...Wildcat, were lacking. It was hilarious seeing Flash backslap Blitzkrieg though. Everything else was nicely done.

Martian_mind
#5 isn't out yet....

StyleTime
I edited. Didn't realize it came out on the 25.

So uh...thoughts on #4?

Martian_mind
Good overall,The way they Koed Savage was excellent,and the setup for the crossover is nice.

It just surprised me that Captain Nazi was able to Ko Hawkman and GL at the same time.The pimpslap was priceless.

Juntai
I'm glad Shane Davis is doing the JSA/JLA crossover. He's got quality art.

StyleTime
I can't wait for that Juntai.
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Good overall,The way they Koed Savage was excellent,and the setup for the crossover is nice.

It just surprised me that Captain Nazi was able to Ko Hawkman and GL at the same time.The pimpslap was priceless.
Yeah Did the firemen do that deliberately lol? Thet fireman got out of the truck with a "Don't **** with me" kind of look on his face.

Um....what was up with Alan? He kind of just flew around in the background then shows up KOed. I thought we'd get to see Cyclone do something too.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Juntai
I'm glad Shane Davis is doing the JSA/JLA crossover. He's got quality art.

I agree. I hadn't heard of him until Mystery in Space, and I was really impressed with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.