Martian manhunter Vs beta ray bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Martian_mind
Who wins

Howard_Jones
Beta Ray Bill. Good fight though

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Beta Ray Bill. Good fight though

Quoted for truth.

Unless Bill's susceptible to telepathy. Otherwise, J'onn's a bit out-gunned.

Martian_mind
Jonn may be able to phase through bills attack though

Howard_Jones
Phasing doesn't really work well. Vision tried it on Thor and he picked him off with ease. Also, to answer Digi's question, the combination of his cybernetic mind and Asgardian enchantment make him immune to telepathy.

Martian_mind
Jonn and vision phase differently though

Howard_Jones
I know. The hammer can tell where they are though. Esentially, mind and hammer are linked from user to uru. It's kinda like a sixth sense.

Martian_mind
I know. The hammer can tell where they are though. Esentially, mind and hammer are linked from user to uru. It's kinda like a sixth sense.

confused How does knowin where he is let him hit him

Soujaboy
Bill, hands down

Bill 8/10

Roldz
Martian is totally outgunned..

DigiMark007
Also, phasing isn't entirely un-hittable. It's just a much less accessible wavelength. Both Vision, J'onn, and others have been hit in intangible form by blasts of different frequencies.

Surfer has done this before with great success, and I would imagine that if Thor can deal with an intangible Vision, that it's reasonable to assume that BRB could do the same.

But keep in mind we said it'd be a good fight. And it would. I might even give J'onn a few victories occasionally (3/10-ish)

Martian_mind
Ill probably get abused for this but speedblitz while invisible

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Martian_mind
confused How does knowin where he is let him hit him

Jonn still has to move through the electromagnetic spectrum to pull it off. Those hammers can control it on Magneto's level when applied correctly.

DigiMark007
Ill probably get abused for this but speedblitz while invisible

How will he hurt him while intangible? He'll be elusive and hard to hit, but he still lacks the offensive firepower to put down Bill since he's immune to tp.

Martian_mind
Invisible not intangible

Soljer
Invisible not intangible

Thor can see the invisible. It is my assumption that Beta Ray could do the same - considering that they are granted the same powers.

Beta Ray wins a majority.

Soujaboy
You all do know that Mjolnir and Stormbreaker allow there users to become intangible if they so desire?

batdude123
BRB for the majority.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Soujaboy
You all do know that Mjolnir and Stormbreaker allow there users to become intangible if they so desire?

When did they do this?

Martian_mind
Jonn could steal some mass and just step on him

Soljer
When did they do this?

Thor has a dimension-full of powers that he rarely whips out.

Badabing
WHAT?! When, where and how?

Soljer
Jonn could steal some mass and just step on him

How much mass? I mean, Bill's on a near-planetary level as far as strength goes...I don't see the Manhunter finding enough mass on EARTH to damage Beta.

Not to mention the fact that the Manhunter would be 'ktfo' long before he had a chance to try this tactic.

Soujaboy
When did they do this?

Avengers-#300

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
How much mass? I mean, Bill's on a near-planetary level as far as strength goes...I don't see the Manhunter finding enough mass on EARTH to damage Beta.

Not to mention the fact that the Manhunter would be 'ktfo' long before he had a chance to try this tactic.

Planet Smash! and bye, bye MM.

Martian_mind
Not unless he destroys every atom

Soujaboy

So he transports him to hel.

batdude123

He's got a point. J'onn's a tough mother f*cker to knock out. He has complete molecular control over his entire body, and he can liquify himself, turn himself into another substance, etc.

He also has a sick healing factor too...

Martian_mind
Not before hes speedblitzed

Soljer

Beta's easily capapble.

Or, as Souja mentioned, he could very (very) easily BFR the Manhunter.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by batdude123
He's got a point. J'onn's a tough mother f*cker to knock out. He has complete molecular control over his entire body, and he can liquify himself, turn himself into another substance, etc.

He also has a sick healing factor too...

Very true, but Bill's also extremely persistent. Look at Fenris, and Stardust.

Soljer
Not before hes speedblitzed

Superman isn't speedblitzing Thor.

The Manhunter SURE AS HELL isn't.

DigiMark007

I love that you're defending your boy, but you're getting dangerously close to fanboy territory. He can get a win without utterly dissolving every atom of J'onn.

Can he step on Superman? No? Good. BRB isn't much below Supes (or not at all, depending on who you ask). He's sweet, and very versatile, but overmatched. He might win some, but not the majority.

Martian_mind
Would bill teleport him away i mean bills a warrior born and if mm was giving him a hard time he would want it to continue

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Superman isn't speedblitzing Thor.

Ummmmm..... confused

Anyway, J'onn loses here.

UniOmni
I'd give Bill the majority, but i'd say they're peers in strength. Or there abouts.

Bill is more durable, but MM has the better movement speed easily.
And he can speedblitz.

I'd say Bill, 5.5/10.

And yeah, i'd wager J'onn could put him down, physically or through the Martian Vision. Or offensive phasing.

batdude123
Very true, but Bill's also extremely persistent. Look at Fenris, and Stardust.

Indeed.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I love that you're defending your boy, but you're getting dangerously close to fanboy territory. He can get a win without utterly dissolving every atom of J'onn.

Can he step on Superman? No? Good. BRB isn't much below Supes (or not at all, depending on who you ask). He's sweet, and very versatile, but overmatched. He might win some, but not the majority.

I'd consider them more equal than Superman and Thor. I'd go as far as to say that Bill is faster and stronger, more resourceful, and an all around better fighter.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Can he step on Superman? No? .

Jonn was stronger than supes when he grew.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
And he can speedblitz.

J'onn isn't gonna speedblitz someone like Bill when his best speed feat iirc is something like mach 20.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by UniOmni
I'd give Bill the majority, but i'd say they're peers in strength. Or there abouts.

Bill is more durable, but MM has the better movement speed easily.
And he can speedblitz.

I'd say Bill, 5.5/10.

And yeah, i'd wager J'onn could put him down, physically or through the Martian Vision. Or offensive phasing.

Good post. Stormbreaker could absorb the Martian Vision provided Bill is able to get Stormbreaker in front of it. But otherwise it's a good assessment of the fight.

batdude123
I'd go as far as to say that Bill is faster and stronger, more resourceful, and an all around better fighter.

Which is going WAAAAAAAAYYYY too far...

Howard_Jones
Eh, Bill's quicker than most give him credit for. He was nearly too fast for Dr. Strange and the Surfer to track when he ambushed the Infinity Watch in Blood and Thunder. Strange couldn't even hit him.

Martian_mind
IN terror Incognita didnt he fly around the world smashing the towers and beating two white martians(via sneak attack ill admit) in the time it took for a person to draw breath

Howard_Jones

Not really. He's definately the more resourceful of the two, and the better fighter. He's stronger, but not by a huge margin, and a little quicker. Not by much though.

batdude123
Eh, Bill's quicker than most give him credit for. He was nearly too fast for Dr. Strange and the Surfer to track when he ambushed the Infinity Watch in Blood and Thunder. Strange couldn't even hit him.

That's nice, but to be fair, Strange is a human...

UniOmni

I'd actually mostly agree, but contest the strength, and useful speed comments.

BRB might be a bit stronger, but his lack of true superspeed makes that advantage kinda moot.

But he's easily more vicious, and capable of war than the Martian.

Howard_Jones
That's nice, but to be fair, Strange is a human...

True enough, but catching Surfer completely off guard is a feat within itself. He's done some sick stuff.

batdude123
Not really. He's definately the more resourceful of the two, and the better fighter. He's stronger, but not by a huge margin, and a little quicker. Not by much though.

Wow.... I thought you were comparing Bill and Superman, instead of J'onn. shock

Carry on... embarrasment

DigiMark007

Strange could stop time if he really needed to. no expression

...we're in agreement with this fight (for the most part) but using Strange (a normal-human in reflexes unless he has a spell) isn't exactly a fair comparison for this fight.

Soujaboy
I'd consider them more equal than Superman and Thor. I'd go as far as to say that Bill is faster and stronger, more resourceful, and an all around better fighter.

No, Thor and Bill are complete equals. When it came down to it, it was a double ko.

Martian_mind
No, Thor and Bill are complete equals. When it came down to it, it was a double ko.

I think he was referring to mm and brb

Soujaboy
I think he was referring to mm and brb

oh... embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.