Batman vs. Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk10
5 min. prep.Spidey can just web up anything that Batman throws at him.They are fighting in Goathom no interferance by the people.

grey fox
Spidey tears Bat's apart.

Xplosive
Originally posted by grey fox

Mhm

Dinalfos
Originally posted by grey fox

Quoted for teh truth!

fsufan89
Spidet 10000000000000000000/10

H. S. 6
This has been one thousand and sixty four times.

However, you're welcome to make the one thousandth and sixty fifth one. smile

Soljer
5 minutes of prep?

Batman wins shifty .

What? What! Stop looking at me like that.....

masterbruce
Batman 3/10

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by masterbruce
Batman 3/10 how??

Baldey
Its Batman. Its not that stupid you know. Sheesh.

Soleran
Batman loses, that makes me happy to say!

Actually Spiderman 9/10

Badabing
Batman wins due to the prep. I'm also using all of Batman's top feats versus Spider-Man's lowest feats. shifty

masterbruce

xmarksthespot
Or Spider-Man just webs him up, strings him up like a pinata and beats the smart right out of him.

Soljer
batman's is a way more skilled fighter and much smarter

he'll realize that he's way overmatched by spiderman physically in this match and he'll fight dirty

also, he knows pressure points that will put down any human no matter how strong they are.

Yup.

Assuming that Spiderman just stands there and lets Bruce hit him? Sure, Batman could take Pete down everytime.

Assuming Spiderman uses his speed, spider sense, and agility?

Bruce loses. Every time.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Or Spider-Man just webs him up, strings him up like a pinata and beats the smart right out of him.

Or that....

Dinalfos
But what if 5 minutes pass and Batty boy isn't ready? He basically would have 50%( or maybe less) of a plan, which is could be like bringing your gun but not the bullets. In other words, his prep could blow up in his face

Reaper777
Spidey Wins, 10/10

masterbruce
This is Gotham, so Batman has home field advantage..he'll know where to duck and hide, etc.

Also, I gave Bats only 3 out 10 wins, so I'm certainly not saying Bats has the upperhand. But he does have a chance of taking out spiderman.

Reaper777
I forgot it was in gotham, Spidey 9/10

NiņoAraņa
This is Gotham, so Batman has home field advantage..he'll know where to duck and hide, etc.

Also, I gave Bats only 3 out 10 wins, so I'm certainly not saying Bats has the upperhand. But he does have a chance of taking out spiderman. i'll say like 1-2 maybe, cus of HFA, but considering anything Batman throws/puts together is gonna be dodged and counterd, it's hard to give him 3.

Badabing
You have to give Batman some wins in this battle. One of Batman's "powers" is prep and another is defeating people who over match him.

This post isn't directed at anybody.

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
You have to give Batman some wins in this battle. One of Batman's "powers" is prep and another is defeating people who over match him.

One of his powers is prep, but five minutes? no

I could conceivably give Batman one win due to home field advantage, but no more than that.

Badabing
Originally posted by Soljer

I could conceivably give Batman one win due to home field advantage, but no more than that.
You are an anti-Batmanite! Hater, HATER! mad mad

stick out tongue

Honestly, I agree with Master_bruce and I'll say 3-4 wins for Bats. Spidey has been clocked by street levelers before and Bats would have died hundreds of times by now if he lost every time he battled somebody who outclassed him. Don't forget Bats has mastered ways of blocking pain and using chi. Spider-Man has been susceptible to exploding pumpkins and Batman is deadly accurate with his Batarangs.

Howard_Jones

Also, one of his powers is to get someone else to do it. Evidently when someone wins in the DCU, Batman takes the claim.

Dinalfos
You are an anti-Batmanite! Hater, HATER! mad mad

stick out tongue

Honestly, I agree with Master_bruce and I'll say 3-4 wins for Bats. Spidey has been clocked by street levelers before and Bats would have died hundreds of times by now if he lost every time he battled somebody who outclassed him. Don't forget Bats has mastered ways of blocking pain and using chi. Spider-Man has been susceptible to exploding pumpkins and Batman is deadly accurate with his Batarangs.

What's the point in blocking pain if you're unconscious or dead? Besides, Spiderman has beaten characters that outclass him as well. Batman, on his turn, has been owned by fellow street levelers. ABC-logic for teh win! wink

blind faith
5 minutes of prep. huh?

Bruce is wondering what he can do to take out Spidey and when 5 minutes has passed he finally knows what to doeek! but it's too late. Spidey punches Bruce into a coma.

End of story. laughing

Badabing
Originally posted by Dinalfos
What's the point in blocking pain if you're unconscious or dead? Besides, Spiderman has beaten characters that outclass him as well. Batman, on his turn, has been owned by fellow street levelers. ABC-logic for teh win! wink
Batman fights people every day who outclass him. You're not following me. Spider-Man has been written many times where he fights down to somebody's level. Batman has been written many times taking out people who outclass him. There's no ABC logic, it's just my observation on how the characters have been written. If we just go by their stats from bios, then Spidey wins all day. If we go by what's been written and shown on panel, then Bats takes some wins here. Please don't wink at me again. confused
stick out tongue

Dinalfos
Batman fights people every day who outclass him. You're not following me. Spider-Man has been written many times where he fights down to somebody's level. Batman has been written many times taking out people who outclass him. There's no ABC logic, it's just my observation on how the characters have been written. If we just go by their stats from bios, then Spidey wins all day. If we go by what's been written and shown on panel, then Bats takes some wins here. Please don't wink at me again. confused
stick out tongue

Yeah, but no. If we go by what was written, then we can't possibly tell anything. When you say Batman can beat him because Spidey has been beaten by lesser foes, then I'll just say that Batman CAN'T beat him because Spidey has defeated superior foes. Tada!

masterbruce
Yeah, but no. If we go by what was written, then we can't possibly tell anything. When you say Batman can beat him because Spidey has been beaten by lesser foes, then I'll just say that Batman CAN'T beat him because Spidey has defeated superior foes. Tada!

So, you don't go by what's written and how characters are actually portrayed?

Badabing
And then I'll say nah ah! mad
stick out tongue

I always use the average of showings in comics as my reference. If we don't go by what's written about a character and how they've been written then there's really nothing to use as a reference but bios. I've already said that going on bios only Spider-Man wins every time. Batman would be dead 100's of times over if he was defeated all the time by everybody in Spidey's league. I'm saying Bats will get 3-4 wins. If people disagree that's okay but by no means does Spider-Man win every time.

Jyppe

Batman knocked the wind ouf of Hulk shifty

Where did you get that from? The thread startter really doesn't specify that. He says

Originally posted by hulk10
They are fighting in Goathom.

See? Batman doesn't have the home field advantage rolling on floor laughing

Howard_Jones

So he'll know where to cower and hide after he gets his legs broken by a hyperactive spider?

ExtraMision5555

ExtraMision5555

hahahahah

tis true, though

H. S. 6

thumb up

Rick/Genis
I'm sorry. But we seem to be forgetting what batman is capable of.

With prep (granted he had more prep than 5 minutes) He was able to develop a means to defeat EVERY SINGLE JUSTICE LEAGUE MEMBER. Keep in mind he still has all these ideas. What's to stop him from applying the same idea to someone similar to spiderman?

Lets also not forget his home field advantage. Gotham has something that batman can SEVERELY use to his advantage.

His Home.

In here he has a freeze ray, unlimited supply of weird gadgets (batarangs, electric hoosawhatzitz, gas cans, raid!) Not to mention a freaking giant penny!!! I don't know what he'd use that for but that's a scary thought!

Regardless. He has the means to put down spiderman in this fight AT LEAST 3 times!

Batman 3/10 FTW

Sam Z
If they start the fight close to each other then no. Bats head would be seperated from his body before he knows it.

Rick/Genis
and that would make it a spite thread stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Rick/Genis

With prep (granted he had more prep than 5 minutes) He was able to develop a means to defeat EVERY SINGLE JUSTICE LEAGUE MEMBER. Keep in mind he still has all these ideas. What's to stop him from applying the same idea to someone similar to spiderman?

Lets also not forget his home field advantage. Gotham has something that batman can SEVERELY use to his advantage.

His Home.

In here he has a freeze ray, unlimited supply of weird gadgets (batarangs, electric hoosawhatzitz, gas cans, raid!) Not to mention a freaking giant penny!!! I don't know what he'd use that for but that's a scary thought!

Regardless. He has the means to put down spiderman in this fight AT LEAST 3 times!

Batman 3/10 FTW

is this really justifyable with a mere 5 minutes of preperation time?

Soljer

His Home.

Batman 3/10 FTW

Some seem to be forgetting what Spidey is capable of.

Namely, separating Batman's spleen from his body before Batman can react.

Accel
Man, I hate these threads. This has got to be the most overly done fight on KMC and it always comes down to the same responses that always somehow manage to go on for multiple pages.

Rick/Genis
It's just odd that Batman has shown Multiple cases where he's at LEAST gotten away from people WAAAAAAAAY more powerful than spiderman. Yes, I realize that spiderman has done the same. But you're saying that Batman (Who is in his own city) can't maybe GET AWAY to his home to give himself prep time?

It's not very realistic a fight if Batman doesn't use his brain in it, since that and his body quotient are the only things he has.

You know Batman has no chance against superman, yet year after year we see him show us that Power isn't the only thing that's needed to win a fight.

Yes, Spiderman wins the majority. But you can NOT say a full 10/10 times. You can, but that would be a bit ignorant.

Badabing
Some seem to be forgetting what Spidey is capable of.

Namely, separating Batman's spleen from his body before Batman can react.
When did Spider-Man become a surgeon? Batman wins 3/10. Gadgets, brains and skill get him the 3 wins.

Soljer
When did Spider-Man become a surgeon? Batman wins 3/10. Gadgets, brains and skill get him the 3 wins.

Doesn't parker have a degree in biology? erm.

Regardless - no amount of skill is gonna save Batman from a speedblitzing Spidey.

Metalmanx

Also, I gave Bats only 3 out 10 wins, so I'm certainly not saying Bats has the upperhand. But he does have a chance of taking out spiderman.

Batman can hide from the spider-sense now? What the f**k?

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
wait spider senses can now track people? last time I checked that was no one of it abilities

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Metalmanx

thumb up thumb up thumb up

This thread is just too long

its starting to make me wonder

people are beginnign to really stretch the word prep with those that can use it well.
five minuets?
seriously, whats that, enough to put on an extra suit of kevlar?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by capt it up
wait spider senses can now track people? last time I checked that was no one of it abilities

Just more evidence to show that you don't know as much about Spider-Man as you say you do. erm

Soljer

It's painted a 360 snap shot of the area around him. Besides that, someone as dangerous as Batman would CERTAINLY register as a pretty large threat.

Metalmanx
It's painted a 360 snap shot of the area around him. Besides that, someone as dangerous as Batman would CERTAINLY register as a pretty large threat.

Exactly. yes

SpunkySmurph

You know Batman has no chance against superman, yet year after year we see him show us that Power isn't the only thing that's needed to win a fight.

Well, I'm sorry to be the one to bring you out of your naive litte world, but, the truth is, there are two reasons Bats is able to do jack shit that even affects Superman:

1. Currently, he is quite possibly DC's biggest cash cow
2. In order to obtain the level of fanbase that he has, they need to write him routinley pulling the kinds of PIS-filled stunts that we joke about on KMC.

Those are the only things stopping Bruce from becoming nothing more then a black streak on the bottom of Clark's kryptonian foot.

So, you're right, power isn't the only thing needed to win a fight in comics. Money is. wink

NiņoAraņa
like i said before Batman 1-2/10 .... maybe no expression

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, I'm sorry to be the one to bring you out of your naive litte world, but, the truth is, there are two reasons Bats is able to do jack shit that even affects Superman:

1. Currently, he is quite possibly DC's biggest cash cow
2. In order to obtain the level of fanbase that he has, they need to write him routinley pulling the kinds of PIS-filled stunts that we joke about on KMC.

Those are the only things stopping Bruce from becoming nothing more then a black streak on the bottom of Clark's kryptonian foot.

So, you're right, power isn't the only thing needed to win a fight in comics. Money is. wink

Okay, so apparently Batman winning over superman is PIS EVERY TIME HE DOES IT? Because he does it fairly often. Sure it's unbelievable, but is it unbelievable to think it's no longer PIS if it's happened so much? I don't think so.

I still think Batman has the means of winning over Spiderman 3/10 (keep in mind that isn't much!)

Psycholapse
Well considering how Spider-man has fought many foes with gadgets at their arsenal (like the Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Trapster etc etc) and usually always comes out the victor, I would say Spidey wins hands down 10/10

Man he goes toe-to-toe with the Green Goblin most times and the Green Goblin has the same strength as Spider-man, probably about the same amount of gadgets as Batman, a freaking glider, one of the dirtiest villians in Marvel Comics (Gwen Stacy) and even knows Spider-man's secret identity! Yet Spidey always wins. Do you really and honestly believe Batman would stand the slightest chance? Just one flick from Spidey's middle finger would probably knock Batman out cold.

marvelprince

Cause unlike the other JLAers Spider-Man doesn't have an exploitable weakness. He doesn't need water to survive, won't shatter, isn't flammable and isn't weak to chunks of his own planet. Plus those plans took months for Bruce to come up with, not even close to five minutes

His Home.

Don't see how this'll help much other than ensuring he knows the way to the nearest doctor

Fight in Gotham, not the Batcave

Batman 3/10 FTW

At best I give him 2/10. He just doesn't have what it takes. Spider-Man has a ton of villians who use gadgets (way more dangerous gadgets than batarangs btw) and he manages to beat them no problem.

Oh and its nice to see you around again Rick/Genis

marvelprince

Spider-Man has been clocked by street levelers, that is true, but thats cause he's holding back. Its not an issue in this case. Besides, for every loss against a MA with Spider-Man I can counter with an example where he's beaten someone out of his league so your point is moot. Batman does take on people out of his league, but how many times have we seen him stopped by straight up fighters. Red Hood, Hush, Prometheus, Deathstroke (yes I count him caues Batgirl and Green Arrow have beaten him), Shiva, etc. Batman is much to outclassed here to score 3-4 wins. Because this is his town though I'd give him at BEST 2 wins

golem370
Spider-Man swoops in grabs Batman tossing him into a car with enough force to turn the car over and KO'ing Batman. When Batman wakes up he finds his arms and legs tied up with almost bone crushing webbing and from the waist naked. Spider-Man calls on Killer Croc,Joker & Scarecrow and tell them that Batman is tied up and waiting for you.

Space M ummy
Okay, so apparently Batman winning over superman is PIS EVERY TIME HE DOES IT?

Every single goddamn time.

with only 5 minutes of prep time, Batman is out of his league here. Some posters forget that characters like Spiderman (and superman, for that matter) hold back a LOT when fighting street levelers. For forum battles, all bets are OFF. this doesn't happen.

Spidey has class 10+ strength. ten tons is a HELL of a lot of weight. Your average car is maybe only two tons. Bruce surviving a full hit to the face (or anywhere, really) is about as likely as bruce surving a hit by a speeding semi.

consider also that spider man is a PRECOGNITIVE who's fast enough to not only dodge bullets but catch them, and bruce is screwed. He's only peak human. PIS/CIS off, his moves will appear to be going in slow motion to parker. Gadgets be damned, as soon as his hand BEGINS to go for his belt, he's paste.

Spiderman 10/10.

marvelprince
Agree with the above poster. And lets not forget that Spider-Man has had a strength upgrade so he's easily 15 tons now

Rick/Genis
yet he was almost killed by Jack '0' Lantern and The Jester...

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Every single goddamn time.

with only 5 minutes of prep time, Batman is out of his league here. Some posters forget that characters like Spiderman (and superman, for that matter) hold back a LOT when fighting street levelers. For forum battles, all bets are OFF. this doesn't happen.

Spidey has class 10+ strength. ten tons is a HELL of a lot of weight. Your average car is maybe only two tons. Bruce surviving a full hit to the face (or anywhere, really) is about as likely as bruce surving a hit by a speeding semi.

consider also that spider man is a PRECOGNITIVE who's fast enough to not only dodge bullets but catch them, and bruce is screwed. He's only peak human. PIS/CIS off, his moves will appear to be going in slow motion to parker. Gadgets be damned, as soon as his hand BEGINS to go for his belt, he's paste.

Spiderman 10/10.

Pertty much, yes.

One thing, though

The batman vs superman fight in HUSH was extremely well written, (in which batman also acknolwedged that superman could destory him if he chose to) and had batman having the upper hand

Howard_Jones

He'd also been through Vibranium reinforced glass, and fought Iron Man beforehand, and the fact that he was being pursued and scared to death about his family. To be honest, I'm not suprised it happened the way it did.

marvelprince

After he launched himself into vibranium reinforced glass, got shot through it and fell who knows how many stories to the ground. Yea, thats a fair fight

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by marvelprince
After he launched himself into vibranium reinforced glass, got shot through it and fell who knows how many stories to the ground. Yea, thats a fair fight
And humiliated Iron Man.

Galan007
Originally posted by hulk10
5 min. prep.Spidey can just web up anything that Batman throws at him.They are fighting in Goathom no interferance by the people. I am amazed that this hasn't been done before...

Anyways with such little prep time, Spidey should take the majority.

Anonimator
spider-man 7/10

Rick/Genis

You know, I read that fight and there wasn't much of a fight there. It lasted a couple panels and there was mostly talking. And running into a wall doesn't do too much damage to someone like spiderman regardless of how dense it is.

I'll give you the whole him being worried about MJ and his aunt and stuff. but not the other jazz. To each his own.

the_satan32
Spider-Man wins ofcourse. And as for Jack '0' Lantern and The Jester they were killed by the Punisher so they couldn't kill someone more famous and with a big fanbase.

H. S. 6
You know, I read that fight and there wasn't much of a fight there. It lasted a couple panels and there was mostly talking. And running into a wall doesn't do too much damage to someone like spiderman regardless of how dense it is.

I'll give you the whole him being worried about MJ and his aunt and stuff. but not the other jazz. To each his own.

So you're going to ignore the fact that before hand, he was fighting Iron Man, launched himself through a Vibranium enforced window, was shot at, and fell who-knows-how-far from a New York skyscraper? And you're also going to ignore the fact that he was running from SHIELD agents for his life? And that his mind was on MJ and Aunt May, as he was sprinting through the sewers? And that he took the full brunt of an explosion to the face?

There is no "to each his own here." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sam Z
And I think he was hit with a gas-bomb.

Darth Vegas
The friendly neighborhood guy FTW 10/10.

OneDumbG0
Although the five minutes of prep time kind of makes this different from the others, this ought to be merged with the other threads. Batman's got plenty of nifty doo-dads and gadgets to counter a lot of what Spiderman might throw at him, just as Spidey's spidersense keeps him one step ahead of what Batman throws at him.

Cap has shown that if you've got enough know-how on Spidey and a good planned attack, all his agility and powers ain't gonna mean squat. Batman does not have the know-how, but he's a quick study. Spidey webs him up? Meh. Bat-solvent from a spray can dissolves the webs. Or Bat-laser cuts through the webs. Five minutes of prep means Batman would have all this stuff easily accessible or up his sleeves or in his gloves, blah. Trusty ole Bat-sonic disrupter makes for plenty of oppurtunites for Batman to get a couple of shots in.

Depends on what Batman uses. Bat-flash grenade is useless and Batman, thinking he's got a clean blow on him will be surprised when Spidey dodges it and clocks him in the noggin. For every situation you could think Batman would use his gadgets and create an opening against Spiderman, you can think of one that would ultimately be useless against Spidey and would leave Batman open for a counter.

Split 5/10 now that I think of it.

marvelprince
No. Captain America observed Spider-Man through his years of interaction with him and still couldn't put Spider-Man down. Everyone says Cap won that fight in ASM but at the fights end Cap lost his primary weapon and was at a disadvantage. Also lets not forget that Spider-Man didn't even want to fight him.

Batman doesn't have the advantage of years of observation. He has 5 minutes. Spider-Man webs him up? I'm sure he can escape. But if Spider-Man hits him? Its over. Can Batman claim the same thing? All of Batman's gadget (batarangs, explosives, etc) are nothing to Spider-Man. They're like mini version of the weapons Green Goblin uses. Spider-Man is just too far above Batman in terms of physical stats for Batman to score a win. He's fast enough to dodge everything Batman throws at him and strong enough to KO him with minimal effort. Batman can't claim the same.

doctorstrongbad
There is no way that Batman can beat Spider-man. NO way. Spider-man wins this 11/10. (The extra point is because he is so good)

the_satan32
It's simply not posible for Batman to win because he is outclassed every way, atleast when Spider-Man fights someone who is stronger than him has some other advantage ( like when fighting the Hulk, Spider-Man has a speed advantage). Batman has gadgets so what, Spider-Man has battled plenty of enemyes with gadgets. Spider-Man 100000000000/10.

OneDumbG0
No. Captain America observed Spider-Man through his years of interaction with him and still couldn't put Spider-Man down. Everyone says Cap won that fight in ASM but at the fights end Cap lost his primary weapon and was at a disadvantage. Also lets not forget that Spider-Man didn't even want to fight him... Spidey fanboys are the worst. Sentence by sentence, I'll reply. 1) That fight was interrupted and Cap clearly had the better of the fight, so it wasn't a matter of whether Cap still couldn't put him down. Fact is, he was whippin his ass and the fight was interrupted. 2) Cap lost his primary weapon voluntarily, and his shield was worthless in the fight anyway. Even in Spiderman's mind, he knew Cap wanted to fight up close, standing back and throwing the shield would have accomplished nothing, therefore, Cap was not at a disadvantage when Spidey webbed his shield. 3) Spiderman didn't want to fight him. I agree. But even moreso, Cap didn't want to fight him.

Taken in the most literal interpretation, right from the start, Cap was winning that fight, playing Spidey like a chump. Only at the very end, was there a glimmer of hope for success for Spidey, totally reliant on the new waldo legs in his suit. Face it, you can spin the fight all you want. You want a more reliable opinion, just go to Spidey himself. Read Spiderman's thoughts and they ring clear and true right to the end and can't be spun any other way. Cap made Spidey feel like a chump.

marvelprince
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Spidey fanboys are the worst. Sentence by sentence, I'll reply.

Knock yourself out

1) That fight was interrupted and Cap clearly had the better of the fight, so it wasn't a matter of whether Cap still couldn't put him down.Fact is, he was whippin his ass and the fight was interrupted.

Cap started off good but couldn't finish. All those blows he landed and he still couldn't put Peter down

2) Cap lost his primary weapon voluntarily, and his shield was worthless in the fight anyway. Even in Spiderman's mind, he knew Cap wanted to fight up close, standing back and throwing the shield would have accomplished nothing, therefore, Cap was not at a disadvantage when Spidey webbed his shield.

He took Cap's major defensive weapon. Cap lost it voluntarily but its no different than someone throwing their gun when its out of bullets cause they have no more options.

3) Spiderman didn't want to fight him. I agree. But even moreso, Cap didn't want to fight him.

BS. Cap may not have wanted the confrontation but every indicator was that he was going all out and not holding back. Same can't be said for Spider-Man

Taken in the most literal interpretation, right from the start, Cap was winning that fight, playing Spidey like a chump. Only at the very end, was there a glimmer of hope for success for Spidey, totally reliant on the new waldo legs in his suit. Face it, you can spin the fight all you want. You want a more reliable opinion, just go to Spidey himself. Read Spiderman's thoughts and they ring clear and true right to the end and can't be spun any other way. Cap made Spidey feel like a chump.

Yup at the start it looked like Cap was winning. At the end it was different though.

Besides all of this is pointless. My point was that Cap was able to do so well because he's been observing Spider-Man for a very long time so knows how to fight him. Batman doesn't have that luxury so he'll die a horrible death.

Sparkz

Yes it can detect when people are a threat to Spider-man even when not attacking, he'd have to be closeish to Wayne for it to start tingling and get stronger the closer he got but he could track him.

Hell in 1 of Spideys fights with DD he searched for DD across NY and found him and Nelson and Murdock while swinging past his ss went off letting him know DD was there. Only thing was he attacked Foggy cause he didn't belive a blind man could be DD so it can be fooled unless a spider tracer is used.

I think there should be some kind of rule about using unfinished fights for debates I mean, in this fight with Cap for all we know the next thing Spidey could have done was said "OK put the fact he's your idol out of your head if I don't go all out now I'll never win" then speed blitz Cap.

you see that is a feesable win, just because a character looks like he is loosing at one point dosn't mean they can't turn the fight around, and there are plenty of examples where Spidey has done that to others.

Howard_Jones
and Marvelprince kicks the ass. Good stuff.

Anywho, about the Cap fight, Captain America is a superhuman, and knows the ins and outs of Spidey's fighting style. How?

HE TRAINED HIM FOR GOD'S SAKE?

Also, Batman and Cap may be equals in skill, though I doubt it, that doesn't mean they're equals in strength, speed, battle savvy, etc.

Spider-Man takes this every time.

Kid Kurdy
Read Spiderman's thoughts and they ring clear and true right to the end and can't be spun any other way. Cap made Spidey feel like a chump.
Okay, we all read Spider-Man's thoughts during that fight, mostly things like "Oh no, I don't want to fight my idol !"

Now we are going to read Cap's thoughts.

Captain America : Damn, I studied him, I trained him, I've known him for years, I hit him with everything I've got, I even nerve punched him, and the guy is still coming. He's barely affected.

Lucky for me he's holding back like he's always holding back.

(a few panels later)

What the hell, now I lost my shield, and I'm bleeding... he changed his way of fighting... think Steve think...

(the fight is interrupted)

hulk10
Bump

xmeat
spidey bup

GoBotsLive
Although the five minutes of prep time kind of makes this different from the others, this ought to be merged with the other threads. Batman's got plenty of nifty doo-dads and gadgets to counter a lot of what Spiderman might throw at him, just as Spidey's spidersense keeps him one step ahead of what Batman throws at him.

Cap has shown that if you've got enough know-how on Spidey and a good planned attack, all his agility and powers ain't gonna mean squat. Batman does not have the know-how, but he's a quick study. Spidey webs him up? Meh. Bat-solvent from a spray can dissolves the webs. Or Bat-laser cuts through the webs. Five minutes of prep means Batman would have all this stuff easily accessible or up his sleeves or in his gloves, blah. Trusty ole Bat-sonic disrupter makes for plenty of oppurtunites for Batman to get a couple of shots in.

Depends on what Batman uses. Bat-flash grenade is useless and Batman, thinking he's got a clean blow on him will be surprised when Spidey dodges it and clocks him in the noggin. For every situation you could think Batman would use his gadgets and create an opening against Spiderman, you can think of one that would ultimately be useless against Spidey and would leave Batman open for a counter.

Split 5/10 now that I think of it.

Point taken, but Batman isn't Cap. Cap has super strength, among other super-enhanced abilities. Cap can take a punch from Spidey. Spidey can lift cars. In the end, it doesn't matter what Batman throws at him, one punch from Spidey and Batman is a goner. Spiderman is stronger, more athletic, and faster. Spidey wins 1,000,000/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.