Iron Man Guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
Iron man gets 1 days prep for each of these battles. can he make it through?
1. Green Goblin
2. Sabertooth
3. Cheetah
4. Clay Face
5. The Lizard
6. Mr. Sinister
7. Dr. Doom

Mrrungo Mu
Yep

xmarksthespot
Order is weird.

DC Cheetah?

I'm not convinced he has anything to hurt Sinister.

Doom is iffy too.

Bentley
Until Sinister I see Ironman winning without much trouble, against Doom is the only one in which I see him loosing, and not necesarily a mayority.

Soljer
Iron Man isn't TOUCHING Doom.

Even with a days prep.

Evangel94
Iron Man would make it to Doom. Iron Man getting passed Doom is debatable.

Howard_Jones
He gets to Doom

grey fox
Mr Sinister could be a pain in the ass....

xmarksthespot
Doesn't DC Cheetah, which I'm assuming this is, still have her Flash-like speed and magical claws, despite having the appearance of a human?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by grey fox
Mr Sinister could be a pain in the ass....

He could be, but he's had Psi-protectors in his armor since the Onslaught ordeal. He developed them for the Avengers.

quickshot
Sinister could be trouble but he'd pass through but doom could take iron man down

ExtraMision5555
sinister could causer problems too

he has doom like intelligence as well

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Doesn't DC Cheetah, which I'm assuming this is, still have her Flash-like speed and magical claws, despite having the appearance of a human?

She can revert back to her cheetah look as well, and there is no way Iron Man is going to beat Cheetah.

thedude1948
Clears it...

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by King_Mungi
She can revert back to her cheetah look as well, and there is no way Iron Man is going to beat Cheetah.

what can she do?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
what can she do?

Magical claws that can cut anything and Flash like speed as she was trained by Zoom. A male version Cheetah beat Superman.

ExtraMision5555
Magical claws that can cut anything and Flash like speed as she was trained by Zoom. A male version Cheetah beat Superman.

well in that case,

iron man has no way of beating cheetah either

Howard_Jones
Can she fly?

No?

Then it's bombardment with Flight of the Valkeryies (sp?) in the background.

Soljer
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Can she fly?

No?

Can the Flash fly?

Do you think Ironman would beat Wally?

King_Mungi
Can she fly?

No?

How is Iron Man going to touch her? plus the fact using her speed same with Flash can jump huge distances which won't be a problem for her to catch Stark.

SpunkySmurph
He could be, but he's had Psi-protectors in his armor since the Onslaught ordeal. He developed them for the Avengers.

Actual question, do the psi-protectors only work against telepathy, or both telepathy and TK ?

In addition, what is IM going to do to hurt Sinister?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Actual question, do the psi-protectors only work against telepathy, or both telepathy and TK ?

that too

i was wondering that too i mean

and on the cheetah topic

Flash cant fly either, yet we've seen him reach foes that can
you (not you) know
superspeed+jumping

not to mention
if she is traveling at flash like speeds

iron man wont even be that far off the ground before shes on him
humpingOOPS

thedude1948
Iron Man has a day of prep, he could possibly start the fight while in the air.

King_Mungi
And that will do what for him? Flash rountinely tags Weather Wizard by either jumping great heights or using the surroundings around him to his advantage. Cheetah is no different.

Howard_Jones

I'm assuming both, since Onslaught could use both. Also, he's got the whole Unibeam going 10,000 Kelvin going for him.

thedude1948
Iron Man starts the fight in space with a forcefield around him. And has his army of remote controlled suits as decoys. big grin

Howard_Jones
I'm kinda not buying the "Flash-like speeds though." Exactly how fast?

Also, if it's the latest Cheeta, I don't think she's that powerful.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by thedude1948
Iron Man starts the fight in space with a forcefield around him. And has his army of remote controlled suits as decoys. big grin

right...remember one day of prep.

I'm kinda not buying the "Flash-like speeds though." Exactly how fast?

Also, if it's the latest Cheeta, I don't think she's that powerful.

Exactally as that, she gave Flash a hard time and kept up with him and Wonder Woman

You would be wrong, she's the strongest one to date even further augmented by Circe. She was so fast she stole Donna Troy's lasso on more than one time with ease.

thedude1948
right...remember one day of prep.
Tony doesn't need to build them from scratch, he already has them and has already done this.

Howard_Jones
You would be wrong, she's the strongest one to date even further augmented by Circe. She was so fast she stole Donna Troy's lasso on more than one time with ease.

Dang. I'd read up on her more if I wanted to buy a crappy comic like Wonder Woman.

Draco69
And everyone has to remember her strength. Her strength is on par with WW's. She beat WW in a tug-o-war with Diana's lasso in her first Post-Crisis Appearance.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by thedude1948
Tony doesn't need to build them from scratch, he already has them and has already done this.

If your talking about his Extermis armor using all his past suits they won't be around much with Cheetah's speed and magical claws.

Also how is he going to tag her while he is in space? he's not that good.

King_Mungi
Dang. I'd read up on her more if I wanted to buy a crappy comic like Wonder Woman.

She gained her speed abilites in the Flash comic

Originally posted by Draco69
And everyone has to remember her strength. Her strength is on par with WW's. She beat WW in a tug-o-war with Diana's lasso in her first Post-Crisis Appearance.

I actually forgot about that.

Howard_Jones
She gained her speed abilites in the Flash comic

Thank god for that then. I may have to pick that up.

Wolverine2006
Is this Ironman Extremis?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Is this Ironman Extremis?

I believe so.

Does anybody have proof that IM would be able to come up with immunity to TK?

Otherwise, his windpipe is casually crushed via Sinister

hunbu04
if she is so fast than how come dc hercules almost snap her little neck in WW3 and dc hercules speed is on par with CM or wonder woman and not flash or superman. and her magic is not even in the same league as circe who possesses godlike magical power because he father is some kind of sea god and her mother is a goddess or nymph

Evangel94
I believe so.

Does anybody have proof that IM would be able to come up with immunity to TK?

Otherwise, his windpipe is casually crushed via Sinister

Before I even touch this statement,

The burden of proof is never on the defendant.

The burden of proof would be on you to provide proof that Mr. Sinister could even crush Iron Man's armor, let alone bypass it and go straight for his windpipe.

You made the statement. It's your responsiblity to prove it.

EDIT: So before I even try to defend Iron Man here, I'd like to see what you yourself could come up with.

ExodusCloak

I don't think so...the Shiar had to use something called Mind Armour to block Jean Grey's telekinesis in New X-Men.(This didn't help them from Nova's telepathy though). So they seem like two different types of blockers which would make sense seeing how they work on two different types of mechanisms.

As for telepathic blockers they can be bypassed by a skilled enough telepath. (i.e. Deadly Genesis #2 and Civil War #3(In Civil War #3 the victim was Tony...remember he has his armour built into him).

King_Mungi
Originally posted by hunbu04
if she is so fast than how come dc hercules almost snap her little neck in WW3 and dc hercules speed is on par with CM or wonder woman and not flash or superman. and her magic is not even in the same league as circe who possesses godlike magical power because he father is some kind of sea god and her mother is a goddess or nymph

It's Hercules, the son of Zeus a demi-god himself that's not a insult to her at all. Wonder Woman is on par with Flash's speed as stated and shown, not as fast but enough to keep up. What are you talking about? no one said Wonder Woman said she had magical powers on par with Circe, I said Cheetah was augmented by Circe. Read what I actually posted.

hunbu04
sorry i taught u said cheatah was on par with circe magic level

Scoobless
Gotta say ... with any decent amount of Info and a full day to prep there aren't many People Tony couldn't take down.

One sided prep + access to all computers on Marvel earth = Doom and Sinister receiving a beating.

Cheetah is the only real problem here ... if he has access to DC's computers as well I could see him coming up with something to deal with her as well.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by hunbu04
sorry i taught u said cheatah was on par with circe magic level

As far as I know she has no magical powers other than those who gave her them.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Gotta say ... with any decent amount of Info and a full day to prep there aren't many People Tony couldn't take down.

One sided prep + access to all computers on Marvel earth = Doom and Sinister receiving a beating.

Cheetah is the only real problem here ... if he has access to DC's computers as well I could see him coming up with something to deal with her as well.

all in just one day? If he had longer prep sure, but a day is not much.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Evangel94

You made the statement. It's your responsiblity to prove it.

How? I am only asking a question about the Psi-blockers, because I am admitedly not knowledgable when it concerns those.

The only claims that can be taken from my original post is that

1) Sinister can use telekinisis
2) Ironman is not normally immune to TK.

Which one of those are you asking for proof of?

Scoobless
As far as I know she has no magical powers other than those who gave her them.

all in just one day? If he had longer prep sure, but a day is not much.

I assumed it was one day per person.

Still, he really only needs to prep for three of them, Doom, Sinister and Cheetah ... the other guys will fall like a house of cards in a thunderstorm

Nice metaphor usage, huh?

big grin

(simile actually ... but most people usually mistake one for the other)

stick out tongue

King_Mungi
I assumed it was one day per person.

Still, he really only needs to prep for three of them, Doom, Sinister and Cheetah ... the other guys will fall like a house of cards in a thunderstorm

Nice metaphor usage, huh?

big grin

(simile actually ... but most people usually mistake one for the other)

stick out tongue

I know, but still one day to learn how to defeat Cheetah, Doom and Sinister is not a lot of time. Also yeah I agree those are the three tough ones, the others are meh!

Scoobless
I know, but still one day to learn how to defeat Cheetah, Doom and Sinister is not a lot of time. Also yeah I agree those are the three tough ones, the others are meh!

At IM's current multitasking rate one day of Prep would be like last years Iron Man using a week or more of prep .... or possibly more.... seriously... mentally the Extremis Virus has turned him into a super-beast

King_Mungi
At IM's current multitasking rate one day of Prep would be like last years Iron Man using a week or more of prep .... or possibly more.... seriously... mentally the Extremis Virus has turned him into a super-beast

Not really I have seen him multi-tasking, but finding a means to beat a mystical foe where not even your reflexes could keep up would be a little to much for him.

Scoobless
Not really I have seen him multi-tasking, but finding a means to beat a mystical foe where not even your reflexes could keep up would be a little to much for him.

But with Prep he'd know that and opt for a non-slugfest approach ... I'm not sure what exactly at the moment though.

King_Mungi
But with Prep he'd know that and opt for a non-slugfest approach ... I'm not sure what exactly at the moment though.

Finding information firstly on Cheetah will be hard to come by as just recently she went with another upgrade thanks to Circe. If he had more than one day of prep i could see it, but that's not a lot of time to first learn about your opponent and then actually make something.

Darth Vegas
IM gets stopped by Cheetah.

If he did somehow manage to beat her, he clears the gauntlet.

xmarksthespot
Unless someone can produce viable ways in which he would beat Doom and Sinister then I don't see him beating Doom and Sinister. I'd like to see the vaunted immunity to telekinesis.

And no the burden on proof would be on the person who proposed the immunity. 'Prove he doesn't' is logical fallacy.

He has no chance against Cheetah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.