Iceman vs Green Latern (Kyle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

db_renji
Didn't find this with the search fuction, so here it is. Granted I don't kno a whole lot about iceman, but from reading the forums he is pretty powerful.

NO prep. Both fighting for their lives and lives of all their closest friends (hey, its just a reason for neither of them to hold back).

Brian Oswald
GL ftw

King Kandy
Iceman sucks the energy out of any and all green light Kyle throws at him, then lowers his blood temperature until he dies.

Supreme being
Originally posted by King Kandy
Iceman sucks the energy out of any and all green light Kyle throws at him, then lowers his blood temperature until he dies.

confused GL for the win.

Draco69

What the f**k?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Supreme being
confused GL for the win.
Oh, that's suuuucchhh a great counter. I marvel at your skills.

Soljer
The green lantern transmutes all the water that Bobby's consciousness is taking up into marshmellows.

Draco69

Kyle traps Iceman in a time-flux.

Or he can simply deactivate the mutant x-gene in Bobby like the Sentinel Squad has done against him countlessly.

Or he transmutate Bobby into a substance devoid of oxygen and hydrogen molecules, killing him instantly.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Soljer
The green lantern transmutes all the water that Bobby's consciousness is taking up into marshmellows.
And now Iceman is a waling marshmellow guy. Who still freezes GL.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Draco69

Or he can simply deactivate the mutant x-gene in Bobby like the Sentinel Squad has done against him countlessly.

Or he transmutate Bobby into a substance devoid of oxygen and hydrogen molecules, killing him instantly.
Actualy, That's a pretty good counter.

Except, how can he do option three while all energy he uses on Iceman is nulled?

Soljer
And now Iceman is a waling marshmellow guy. Who still freezes GL.

Iceman's consciousness can exist in water.

Has his consciousness EVER survived as anything BUT Water? erm.

Deactivating the mutant gene may or may not work against a full powered Omega mutant (don't bring up god-like cable; one of the requirements to be Omega is the ability to exist as pure energy - Cable did not.), due to the fact that they no long HAVE genes.

But there are still a thousand other things the green lantern could do to bobby, including transforming him into anything he pleases, or trapping him in a thousand different ways.

EDIT: As far as your 'null energy' goes, go ahead and throw up a scan of bobby manipulating/absorbing/nullifying ANY kind of energy that could be considered similar to Oan. All I've seen bobby manipulate is heat energy, myself.

Supreme being

cool why thankyou and you know what if you stick around you might just learn something

Besides Draco has said it

Originally posted by Draco69

King Kandy
EDIT: As far as your 'null energy' goes, go ahead and throw up a scan of bobby manipulating/absorbing/nullifying ANY kind of energy that could be considered similar to Oan. All I've seen bobby manipulate is heat energy, myself.
I have no scanner.

But in any case, He can remove kinetic energy (Which is responsible for heat, movement, most everything).

He Freezes Kyles brain before he can amke anything with his ring.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I have no scanner.

But in any case, He can remove kinetic energy (Which is responsible for heat, movement, most everything).

He Freezes Kyles brain before he can amke anything with his ring.

Too bad the Rings Shields prevent that from happening.

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Too bad the Rings Shields prevent that from happening.
Nope. Iceman takes all it's energy and dumps it somewhere else. Then he takes all of Kyles Kinetic Energy.

Brian Oswald
Iceman's consciousness can exist in water.

Has his consciousness EVER survived as anything BUT Water? erm.

Deactivating the mutant gene may or may not work against a full powered Omega mutant (don't bring up god-like cable; one of the requirements to be Omega is the ability to exist as pure energy - Cable did not.), due to the fact that they no long HAVE genes.

But there are still a thousand other things the green lantern could do to bobby, including transforming him into anything he pleases, or trapping him in a thousand different ways.

EDIT: As far as your 'null energy' goes, go ahead and throw up a scan of bobby manipulating/absorbing/nullifying ANY kind of energy that could be considered similar to Oan. All I've seen bobby manipulate is heat energy, myself. Iceman is not at his full potential yet, he can die. Jean Grey dies all the time

Soljer
Nope. Iceman takes all it's energy and dumps it somewhere else. Then he takes all of Kyles Kinetic Energy.

Fine, you have no scanner.

Tell me the ISSUES where Bobby has ever shown such a mastery over ALL energy, including Oan and Kinetic.

I'll get the issues for myself since, apparently, I haven't read them yet.

Soljer
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Iceman is not at his full potential yet, he can die. Jean Grey dies all the time

I'm not saying that he can't die. In fact, I think it was clear that I was arguing in favor of the Lantern in this thread.

However, physical force alone is entirely incapable of killing bobby. To kill him, you would need some sort of molecular control, of the type a Green Lantern is easily capable of.

lorddreamer
I am gonna go with the rest of the world- GL. BUT!! just to appease the other rest of the world: Iceman has the potential to take down GL.If it were in Marvel comics, with a writer who really,REALLY needs to keep his job, Ice takes it

superbatman86
50/50 either way.Iceman has a power that his ring can't defend against instantly and GL can do a lot of stuff none that i'd actually say could kill bobby but definantly end a fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by superbatman86
50/50 either way.Iceman has a power that his ring can't defend against instantly and GL can do a lot of stuff none that i'd actually say could kill bobby but definantly end a fight.

Uhhh.....

The lantern ring can defend against Iceman's power.

Unless Superboy Prime is around.

Then, all hell breaks loose.

lorddreamer
This is pretty much a nonfight. Two powers that contradict each other so well that the end up just glaring at each other for a couple panels before becoming buddys and taking down the Joker

Soljer
Originally posted by lorddreamer
This is pretty much a nonfight. Two powers that contradict each other so well that the end up just glaring at each other for a couple panels before becoming buddys and taking down the Joker

Contradict each other?

Where are Iceman's dimensional powers? His transmutation? His ability to grant himself super powers? Where are Bobby's feats capturing dimension-destroying blasts? Where has bobby ever created dupes of himself? Where has bobby ever created an entire TEAM of herald level beings (some of which could even access the speedforce....)?

Contradict each other? What the f**k??

King Kandy
Contradict each other?

Where are Iceman's dimensional powers? His transmutation? His ability to grant himself super powers? Where are Bobby's feats capturing dimension-destroying blasts? Where has bobby ever created dupes of himself? Where has bobby ever created an entire TEAM of herald level beings (some of which could even access the speedforce....)?

Contradict each other? What the f**k??
They both manipulate energy.

I think the Issue names are here, or at least the arc... http://www.marveldatabase.com/Iceman_%28Robert_Drake%29

Soljer
They both manipulate energy.

I think the Issue names are here, or at least the arc... http://www.marveldatabase.com/Iceman_%28Robert_Drake%29

Don't make me hunt for it. Apparently you've read that Bobby can control or manipulate energy on a lantern's level. Lets see some issue numbers.

Even Blair Wind isn't gonna spout off stuff like that, and he's the one responsible for Blair Wind Iceman TM.

King Kandy
Apparently... He suffered a chest injury, and met Emma Frost, and It was revealed that his power is actualy the manipulation of energy, not ice itself?...

I'm sketchy on the details.

Soljer
Apparently... He suffered a chest injury, and met Emma Frost, and It was revealed that his power is actualy the manipulation of energy, not ice itself?...

I'm sketchy on the details.

I've read what you're talking about. If I recall correctly, it was THEORIZED that he may be slowing the molecules in matter, rather than generating cold or absorbing heat.

However, it was only theorized. Not validated. And even that doesn't justfiy Iceman controlling any sort of energy but kinetic, and even that only to a certain degree.

King Kandy
Almost all energy is Kinetic...

Soljer
Almost all energy is Kinetic...

no

King Kandy
no
Kinetic, and potential.

Pick your flavor.

RSSR
Iceman does have the capacity to at least make this interesting, but Kyle wins the majority.

Blair Wind
Even Blair Wind isn't gonna spout off stuff like that, and he's the one responsible for Blair Wind Iceman TM.

laughing

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
laughing

Represent, wink.

Blair Wind
Two of my favorite characters.

But the GL ring is the freaking GL ring. I can come up with some scenarios for Iceman to win, but ALL depend on Bobby's consciousness to be spread out (so that molecular transformation would not be immediately put on him on him.) If he is actually inhibiting a certain body of ice then he is screwed.

IF he plays it smart, he might be able to do a few things, but ONLY if he plays it smart. Kyle on the other hand has the advantage that he has one simple method to win. However, ice is present in a vacuum, so if Iceman is in space....eh my brain is hurting. I can go back in forth with this forever erm

Validus
Kyle wins. I know it. Blair knows it.

Validus
I replied to this thread before reading page 1. Considering Iceman can control any and all energy forms, I guess Bobby wins. Thanks King Kandy. thumb up

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Validus
Kyle wins. I know it. Blair knows it.

Even your avatar knows it.

-Riceroost laughing
(couldn't resist)

Bentley
Nowhere has been stated that Bobby can drain energy from stuff. You say that it can devoid matter from kinetic energy, fine, lets say it does; nowhere in that statement would it do anything against the GL autoshield since the defense will be energy that Iceman cant manipulate.

EVEN if he could, and somehow became a "slow Flash" he is still slow, he can still be speedblizted or at least take with speed means by someone who can kill him. And GL can kill him.

Galan007
Iceman is powerful don't get me wrong, but he is no GL....

GL 10/10

King Kandy
Originally posted by Bentley
Nowhere has been stated that Bobby can drain energy from stuff. You say that it can devoid matter from kinetic energy, fine, lets say it does; nowhere in that statement would it do anything against the GL autoshield since the defense will be energy that Iceman cant manipulate.

EVEN if he could, and somehow became a "slow Flash" he is still slow, he can still be speedblizted or at least take with speed means by someone who can kill him. And GL can kill him.

He can take the speed from someone (Kinetic Energy)

Darth Macabre
He can take the speed from someone (Kinetic Energy) Okay, he's not New Sun or Flash. You're over estimating his powers.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Okay, he's not New Sun or Flash. You're over estimating his powers.
Look, man, whats GL going to do?

He throws a punch (Kinetic Energy)

He flies (Kinetic Energy)

He makes constructs (Not Kinetic energy, but his constructs need Kinetic Energy to move)

He moves in the slightest (Kinetic Energy)

The Neurons in his brain move, creating the thought necesary to use the ring (Kinetic Energy)

And Iceman can take the kinetic energy out of all that.

batdude123
Kyle whomps Bobby.

King Kandy
Look, man, whats GL going to do?

He throws a punch (Kinetic Energy)

He flies (Kinetic Energy)

He makes constructs (Not Kinetic energy, but his constructs need Kinetic Energy to move)

He moves in the slightest (Kinetic Energy)

The Neurons in his brain move, creating the thought necesary to use the ring (Kinetic Energy)

And Iceman can take the kinetic energy out of all that.

batdude123
Originally posted by batdude123
Kyle whomps Bobby.

King Kandy
How?

Well?

Soljer
Please, PLEASE show me a SINGLE scan of Bobby manipulating Kinetic energy on the scale you're talking about.

Please.

Seriously.

Blair Wind and I are two of the principle debaters for Iceman, and I promise that we'd both LOVE to see this...

Roldz
Icemans control over kinetic is involuntary and only applies via deduction of it.. He does not have control of it like say how SS or a Gl control over energies.. Anyway Kyle wins..

King Kandy
Please, PLEASE show me a SINGLE scan of Bobby manipulating Kinetic energy on the scale you're talking about.

Please.

Seriously.

Blair Wind and I are two of the principle debaters for Iceman, and I promise that we'd both LOVE to see this...
No. Scanner.

Soljer
No. Scanner.

Gimme an issue number, then.

I probably have the comic in my closet. If not, I'll get it very soon. smile.

King Kandy
You know... I just checked my sources...

GL could probably win this jut by blasting him with some sort of lazer.

Soljer
You know... I just checked my sources...

GL could probably win this jut by blasting him with some sort of lazer.

laughing

Damn, am I gonna have to start arguing for Iceman all the sudden?

The green lantern could NOT simply do this with force. Or energy blasts.

Iceman's beyond those sort of things.

Kyle DOES, however, take it every time due to more exotic powers. smile.

King Kandy
The idea, was that attacks with Kintetic energy don't work, so he'd need to use pure energy...

Hence the lazer blast.

Soljer
The idea, was that attacks with Kintetic energy don't work, so he'd need to use pure energy...

Hence the lazer blast.

You still haven't provided any proof what so ever that Iceman can control kinetic energy on the scale you're talking.

King Kandy
You still haven't provided any proof what so ever that Iceman can control kinetic energy on the scale you're talking.
How much control do you think it takes to slow someone daown?

Less then it takes to make a several hundred yard "Ice Slide"

jasofisc

I think it's just inferred that he does if he can go absolute zero (molecules stomping ie kinetic energy) I really don't see how kyle is really going to defend himself against an attack that uttlizes absolute zero even energy wise because those molecules have to move too. I'm not saying iceman is going to win I think kyle could just blow him up at the start then use his ring to cast the vapor into space or though out the earth.

Blair Wind
Gimme an issue number, then.

I probably have the comic in my closet. If not, I'll get it very soon. smile.

start scanning, and add to the damn respect thread mad

stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
start scanning, and add to the damn respect thread mad

stick out tongue

As soon as I get the issue number, wink.

As far as "How much power does it take? Less than an iceslide!"

That argument is really a moot point. There are heros capable of unleashing megaton level explosions, yet they couldn't pick a lock.

It requires a minute, more skillful application.

Show me Iceman EVER using his powers in such a fashion, and I'll be satisfied. Otherwise? As far as we know, he's incapable.

Blair Wind
I mean just add random feats. Go! Now! big grin

Roldz
I hope the guy that smoke Bobby twice deserve a big payback.. Ive got the issue but havent read it yet..lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.